PDA

View Full Version : AK47 gets blasted!.. by Jazz owner ?

Frank Slade
06-08-2007, 12:21 PM
Wow, I'm sure making those public comments about a player your trying to move helps your position. Or is this some type of reverse motivation... :shrug:

Friday, June 8, 2007

By Linda Hamilton
Deseret Morning News
FOUR MORE YEARS:

Even if Kirilenko is unhappy as a Jazzman, team owner Larry H. Miller said recently that it's likely the team and the Russian will have to co-exist through the four years and more than $63 million left on Kirilenko's contract.

Speaking on Channel 4's "On The Record with Chris Vanocur" TV show to air at 9:30 Sunday morning, Miller said, "Whether it's attitude, physical, lack of talent, whatever — whatever it is — the way he played for much of this year, he'd be pretty tough to move.

"There aren't many teams that are going to want to take on that financial load unless they're assured he's going to be a top-notch player."

Kirilenko scored 8.3 points and had 4.7 rebounds and 2.06 blocks a game during the 2006-07 season and 9.6 points, 5.2 rebounds and 2.35 blocks in the playoffs. Coming into this season, his career regular-season averages were 13.8/6.5/ 2.59. deseret.news (http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,660227754,00.html)

avoidingtheclowns
06-08-2007, 12:28 PM
i think the Jazz PTB have been doing this all season.

and to be totally fair, don nelson was saying this stuff daily about murphy and dunleavy and the warriors found some team that was willing to take both of them on.

RWB
06-08-2007, 12:32 PM
Miller has a temper and has been vocal for years. Not a big surprise he's running his mouth.

Naptown_Seth
06-08-2007, 12:34 PM
i think the Jazz PTB have been doing this all season.

and to be totally fair, don nelson was saying this stuff daily about murphy and dunleavy and the warriors found some team that was willing to take both of them on.
Oh no, does this mean the Pacers might have to take on AK47 in his new, far less impressive form for superstar dollars?

Honestly I have no idea what has happened to his game in just one season. He still looked like a great defender and ball handler at the Pacers/Jazz game, but other times I watched them on TV he just didn't seem to be able to get it going.

This guy was a legit 5x5 threat, now he's putting up bench player numbers.

Yes he shot less, and in turn drew a lot less fouls, and maybe that's because they had more options, but his assists also dropped, and his poor 3% went to another level of suckitude as it dropped from a steady 30% into the 21% range, and he was still taking these about as often as always which when paired with his overall drop in FGAs makes for a bad trend (more 3s as part of his overall shot selection).

And forget those career averages, let's talk about where he just was. This guy was an 8 rebound guy, not a 6, and a 15-16 ppg player, not a 12. Last year he was 15/8/4. His blocks were his lowest since his rookie year and his steals were his lowest ever, both down about 33% from last year's totals.

Jermaniac
06-08-2007, 12:40 PM
Larry Bird will take him. No problem. We are trying to cut costs so we need players like this.

ajbry
06-08-2007, 12:41 PM
Sure he had a lackluster regular season, but he played crazy good in the Warriors series. Got to give him credit for that even if his year as a whole was disappointing.

avoidingtheclowns
06-08-2007, 01:04 PM
Oh no, does this mean the Pacers might have to take on AK47 in his new, far less impressive form for superstar dollars?

Honestly I have no idea what has happened to his game in just one season. He still looked like a great defender and ball handler at the Pacers/Jazz game, but other times I watched them on TV he just didn't seem to be able to get it going.

This guy was a legit 5x5 threat, now he's putting up bench player numbers.

Yes he shot less, and in turn drew a lot less fouls, and maybe that's because they had more options, but his assists also dropped, and his poor 3% went to another level of suckitude as it dropped from a steady 30% into the 21% range, and he was still taking these about as often as always which when paired with his overall drop in FGAs makes for a bad trend (more 3s as part of his overall shot selection).

And forget those career averages, let's talk about where he just was. This guy was an 8 rebound guy, not a 6, and a 15-16 ppg player, not a 12. Last year he was 15/8/4. His blocks were his lowest since his rookie year and his steals were his lowest ever, both down about 33% from last year's totals.

honestly i think most of the problems he had involved him playing SF. the last couple of years boozer has only been available to play a handful of games so andrei was playing PF and on defense roaming the paint for blocks and steals. his game tends to cater to a more uptempo style (which is why he kind of broke through and showed signs of life during the GSW series). unfortunately because of the huge contract and the fact that he's not an offensive-go-to player its a problem.

there was some discussion on the RealGM forum about using Utah (and AK) in a 3way with LA (JO to LA, Odom to Utah, AK coming here). it certainly would fill the defensive void JO would be leaving. and in a defensively-focused, somewhat uptempo offense that o'brien has discussed, AK could be a nice fit. AK only makes about $200K more than lamar next season. it is the following seasons that cause problems especially when danny, ike and bynum would be needing re-signed. we would have to have a plan to trade murphy at the very least for a couple of exp. contracts. so probably not a good idea as i am not aware of a wealth of teams salivating for a chance to take on murphy's contract.

pwee31
06-08-2007, 02:47 PM
honestly i think most of the problems he had involved him playing SF. the last couple of years boozer has only been available to play a handful of games so andrei was playing PF and on defense roaming the paint for blocks and steals. his game tends to cater to a more uptempo style (which is why he kind of broke through and showed signs of life during the GSW series). unfortunately because of the huge contract and the fact that he's not an offensive-go-to player its a problem.

there was some discussion on the RealGM forum about using Utah (and AK) in a 3way with LA (JO to LA, Odom to Utah, AK coming here). it certainly would fill the defensive void JO would be leaving. and in a defensively-focused, somewhat uptempo offense that o'brien has discussed, AK could be a nice fit. AK only makes about $200K more than lamar next season. it is the following seasons that cause problems especially when danny, ike and bynum would be needing re-signed. we would have to have a plan to trade murphy at the very least for a couple of exp. contracts. so probably not a good idea as i am not aware of a wealth of teams salivating for a chance to take on murphy's contract.

Why not try and trade Murphy for him? Not sure if it would work straight up, but maybe we could do some convincing.
It's not like the Artest where he was disgruntled b/c he did produce when he was on the court, as did Jack before we moved him.

With AK47, he's unhappy, management is unhappy AND he didn't play well this past season. You could use this past season production to your advantage on top of the unhappiness from both parties.

Murph is an Okur type player, so they may not want to of the same, but Okur did become an all-star in that system, maybe Murph could do the same... at least spin it that way. Throw in Hulk to give em a big body who can score down low (besides Boozer) b/c that Collins twin is terrible

avoidingtheclowns
06-08-2007, 02:58 PM
Why not try and trade Murphy for him? Not sure if it would work straight up, but maybe we could do some convincing.
It's not like the Artest where he was disgruntled b/c he did produce when he was on the court, as did Jack before we moved him.

With AK47, he's unhappy, management is unhappy AND he didn't play well this past season. You could use this past season production to your advantage on top of the unhappiness from both parties.

Murph is an Okur type player, so they may not want to of the same, but Okur did become an all-star in that system, maybe Murph could do the same... at least spin it that way. Throw in Hulk to give em a big body who can score down low (besides Boozer) b/c that Collins twin is terrible

they have millsap behind boozer and i think they saw enough improvement out of araujo to re-sign him. i don't think utah has the need. and yes collins is terrible.

other teams might though. granted, all of these depend on the other offseason moves they might make but houston and orlando could be teams that are interested.

DisplacedKnick
06-08-2007, 03:51 PM
If the Knicks could take Jalen Rose and Steve Francis at the respective point of their careers, AK-47 would look great.

Well, except for not having any serious chronic injury problems and the fact that he actually plays defense. Those two issues might be roadblocks. But if he had his ACL surgically removed this summer, I believe Isiah might go after him.

avoidingtheclowns
06-08-2007, 03:53 PM
If the Knicks could take Jalen Rose and Steve Francis at the respective point of their careers, AK-47 would look great.

Well, except for not having any serious chronic injury problems and the fact that he actually plays defense. Those two issues might be roadblocks. But if he had his ACL surgically removed this summer, I believe Isiah might go after him.

you guys might just have to settle for giving bender a max contract.

FlavaDave
06-08-2007, 04:04 PM
Tinsley and Dunleavy for AK47 would make me crap my pants.

If we are gonna spend X amount of money for 4 years, I would rather have 4 years of AK than 4 of Mike and Jamaal.

I've always been a big fan of AK.

EDIT: Murphy + Tinsley would be even more awesometastic.

avoidingtheclowns
06-08-2007, 04:07 PM
Tinsley and Dunleavy for AK47 would make me crap my pants.

If we are gonna spend X amount of money for 4 years, I would rather have 4 years of AK than 4 of Mike and Jamaal.

I've always been a big fan of AK.

EDIT: Murphy + Tinsley would be even more awesometastic.

I would even, because I'm a nice guy, be willing to throw in Orien. I'm that classy.

FlavaDave
06-08-2007, 04:09 PM
I would even, because I'm a nice guy, be willing to throw in Orien. I'm that classy.

You want Rawle Marshall too? NO DEAL!

Anthem
06-08-2007, 05:36 PM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1013/536472525_277fd9b7c5_o.jpg

:signit:

Then make the Odom/Bynum/Kwame deal? With a frontline of Bynum/AK/Granger, the first team to 20 would win.

Unclebuck would love it. LOVE IT.

Frank Slade
06-08-2007, 05:39 PM
Anthem,

You read my mind. Utah really has some interesting pieces.
I was looking over a few scenarios very similar.
I'm afraid they would want Shawne or the like though.

If you you could snag Brewer without giving up Ike,
Granger and hopefully not Williams, that would be very significant.
I don't think they can trade CJ miles right now but he is very promising as well.

Williams, Ike, Granger and Brewer ? :happydanc

JayRedd
06-08-2007, 06:06 PM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1013/536472525_277fd9b7c5_o.jpg

:signit:

Then make the Odom/Bynum/Kwame deal? With a frontline of Bynum/AK/Granger, the first team to 20 would win.

Unclebuck would love it. LOVE IT.

Now Entering Reality.

Welcome back.