PDA

View Full Version : The PD State of the Pacers

FlavaDave
06-06-2007, 09:11 AM
I think we should run a series of polls on PD, type up a report with the findings, and show up at Conseco in person to present the results.

I mean, Pacers Digest is in effect the largest Pacer's fan club in the world, right? They would have to listen to us.

Maybe a quick bit about the direction of the team (whether we are willing to support the team through a rebuild).

But primarily stuff like marketing (what kinds of messages we as fans respond to), in-game entertainment (what songs on the PA we enjoy, the type of atmosphere we like at games, etc.), and what other things we would like to see happen with the organization.

Also, if I had my way, every PD user with 100 posts or so would get 150 words that they want read by the top guys.

We could type it all of this up in a fluid report and call them to see if we could present it in person. Pick a few representatives, read a prepared statement, shake some hands, take some photos, and the Pacers could have a nice little story for Pacers.com.

And we would know that, if nothing else, we were heard.

If we kept it general and made it clear that we were doing the talking (and we weren't going to, say, ask about the JO trade), I bet they would do it. Why not?

I'm willing to run these polls, but I'm not a mod and therefore can't take it upon myself to speak for PD.

So, I ask, good idea? What do you think (especially the mods). Can you dig it, PD?

RWB
06-06-2007, 09:29 AM
Flava, actually the Ps have been taking surveys all season on what the season and mini-season folks think about the team. However, I don't believe they have done one for the public at large. Some of the questions concerned the Pacemates, music during timeouts, etc. So they are interested in what the fans have to say, so yes I think your suggestion does have merit.

FlavaDave
06-06-2007, 09:38 AM
Flava, actually the Ps have been taking surveys all season on what the season and mini-season folks think about the team. However, I don't believe they have done one for the public at large. Some of the questions concerned the Pacemates, music during timeouts, etc. So they are interested in what the fans have to say, so yes I think your suggestion does have merit.

I remember taking that poll, and that was an inspiration. But I also remember thinking, "man, there is a ton of stuff I want to say but they aren't asking the right questions".

You are right, the fact that they commissioned the survey last season proves that they want this type of info.

Trader Joe
06-06-2007, 10:10 AM
As a season ticket holder and PD poster I would be more than happy to do whatever to help.

The Hustler
06-06-2007, 10:25 AM
I think its a great idea, an oportunity for Fans to expess opinions, and i think if presented correctly it would be very hard for it to be ignored completely. Obviously the effect on big decisions will be minimal, but for things such as PA and Marketing they would be thankful for the input as its what the fans think that matters!

avoidingtheclowns
06-06-2007, 10:35 AM
great idea flava. we'd have to go about this and present it the right way if we would like it to be taken seriously.

tinsley#11
06-06-2007, 02:16 PM
FlavaDave this is a great idea. PD is one of the biggest pacers fan commongrounds on the internet. There are hundreds of die hard fans who are willing to speak up to get the franchise going in the right direction all around.

We should get a collection of questions for the survey then vote for which questions are best. Then each person can reply to the selected questions, this all may take some time, but if done correctly it could virtually help the P's and Conseco.

ChicagoJ
06-06-2007, 11:42 PM
They not only asked the wrong questions, the online surveys were put together in a way get the wrong answers.

When I answered that I only attended one game this season, instead of asking "why so few versus the other seasons that I was living in Chicago and still committed to going to games," the survey shut down on me because I "hadn't attended enough games."

That was a key variable in deciding that I would no longer pay for games I'm not going to.

FlavaDave
06-07-2007, 11:22 AM
So, since no moderators gave a "yay" or "nay" to this, am I to assume that PD isn't interested? People seem to like the idea.

JayRedd
06-07-2007, 11:40 AM
am I to assume that PD isn't interested? People seem to like the idea.

I'm into it

Pig Nash
06-07-2007, 11:42 AM
Jay's an admin.

Hicks
06-07-2007, 12:00 PM
To be totally honest, I don't know how I feel about it. Jay is an admin as well, by the way.

FlavaDave
06-07-2007, 12:05 PM
Jay's an admin.

I know, but he didn't mention the idea one way or another.

I can't autonomously decide to take action on behalf of PD, and on my own these kind of polls wouldn't have much weight.

FlavaDave
06-07-2007, 12:09 PM
To be totally honest, I don't know how I feel about it. Jay is an admin as well, by the way.

Oops, posted too soon.

Let me know if:

a) you want to know more about it,

b) you like the idea but want to change a bunch of stuff, or

c) you aren't interested.

I don't even have to be involved. Just something that I'd like to see happen.

Natston
06-07-2007, 12:42 PM
Jay's an admin.

He's not my administrator, I didn't vote for him...

indyman37
06-07-2007, 03:01 PM
I'd like to know more about it. I'm interested.

Naptown_Seth
06-08-2007, 03:01 PM
He's not my administrator, I didn't vote for him...
You don't vote for admins. The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purist shimmering samite, held Excaliber aloft....
:dance:

indygeezer
06-08-2007, 03:12 PM
You don't vote for admins. The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purist shimmering samite, held Excaliber aloft....
:dance:

Dern it, I knew I shouldn't have snuck off to take a pee then.

RWB
06-08-2007, 03:15 PM
Dern it, I knew I shouldn't have snuck off to take a pee then.

Who you fooling? We saw you in the checkout lane with the Depends.

indygeezer
06-08-2007, 03:19 PM
Who you fooling? We saw you in the checkout lane with the Depends.

Yer wife Nah, I ain't foing there.