PDA

View Full Version : I want the Pacers to go after Acie Law

Young
06-04-2007, 03:49 PM
http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-default/showthread.php?t=21537

I think that it should an off season tradition to do a thread like this. I'd **** myself if this really happened too haha.

It worked for UB last year so it damn well better work for me! Ha.

Law is just an all around point guard. He can score and shoot the ball very well. I think he can be effective in the half court and in an uptempo offense which equals balance. Balance is something that OB said he wanted this team to be, a balanced team that can play in the half court or in an uptempo setting.

Law is exactly what this team needs at the point.

Before, I wasn't to big on the thought of getting Law or Delonte West (I think both of these guys are pretty similar) but with OB as our coach I have changed my mind big time. These are the type of players that would fit in well with OB IMO.

If we can get the Laker's draft pick I feel that we can get him. It all depends though. If the Hawks can find a point guard elsewhere, I think we can get him. If not I think that they will take him at 11.

So go get r done Larry. Get Acie Law or hell Delonte West for that matter.

Evan_The_Dude
06-04-2007, 03:59 PM
I'd rather give it a year and see what this new staff can do with Tinsley. Worst case scenario is that we suck and end up having our pick in next years 'Guard' draft.

Hicks
06-04-2007, 04:03 PM
Even with Tinsley, Law would make a nice rookie backup.

Y2J
06-04-2007, 04:37 PM
If he came at a reasonable price, go for it. I'm one that would rather hold out for Mayo or Rose in next years draft, but Law would be acceptable. I just don't think he's a future franchise player like the previous two players will be and the way Deron Williams and Chris Paul are.

OakMoses
06-04-2007, 04:40 PM
If Law is available at #19 and the Pacers have the pick and don't take him, they're idiots.

I agree that Law would be a great fit for Ob's system. I also like your mention of Delonte West. That being said, you can't get too crazy going after Law. He won't go higher than #11.

As for his potential role on this team, he'd be a great backup if Tins is around. He'd push Tins for the starting job. You could play them both together against teams with small backcourts (a la Chicago or Miami).

Also, Law does one thing that no one on the current roster does: He loves to take big, clutch shots.

Frank Slade
06-04-2007, 04:47 PM
Law reminds me of Luther Head who I love, only more gifted.
And he posses the "it" factor. Probably never will be a first option or franchise player of course , but I can see him at least being robin to someone's Batman , if you will.

A second option on just about any team, once given the right opportunity.
He plays bigger than he is, you really have to work to find any major flaws in his game. An A.I. type , IMO.

Two years ago Granger was at the top of my list , last year along with Brewer, Williams was at the top. Could the Pacers really do it three years running ? :eyebrow:

Like a QB in the the NFL Draft, Conley or more likely Law may slip down a few spots at least once the other is taken because of the number of recent PG's taken by so many teams in the last few draft's. :pray:

Smashed_Potato
06-04-2007, 04:53 PM
I think Nick Young would be alot better for the Pacers then Acie IMO.

ajbry
06-04-2007, 05:29 PM

He's more of a combo-guard. We need a distributor first and scorer second.

Anthem
06-04-2007, 05:48 PM
Show of hands: who would trade Ike for Acie Law? Because that's what it's going to take to buy into the draft, unless a pick is part of a bigger deal.

I'd probably do it, but I'm not high on Ike like some of you guys.

Y2J
06-04-2007, 06:07 PM
Ike for Acie? Damn, that's tough....

One thing I noticed about Ike - everyones always talking about how his size affects his offensive game. But the guy is a career 50%+ shooter from the field. And before coming here, he was a 53% shooter. He's also a career 80%+ shooter from the free throw line. How many players in the league - big or small - can say they're career 50/80 shooters? My guess is very few. I think we underate just how skilled of an offensive talent Ike is.

Kegboy
06-04-2007, 06:23 PM

Yep. Get a point next year.

tadscout
06-04-2007, 06:29 PM
Law isn't falling past the Clippers... so if you want to get him you'll have to get a pick before #14...

pwee31
06-04-2007, 07:51 PM
Law being availible at #19 will depend on Conley and J.Crittenton. We all know that Conley will be PG taken. It's safe to say that the Hawks will probably, or at least SHOULD draft a PG. Depending on if they take Conley at 3, they won't get him at #11. So they'll probably take Law or Crittenton. Which could lead to the Clippers taking the other.

Now if the Hawks do take Conley at #3, I don't think anyone will select a PG until the Clips, and if that's the case, they could take Crittenton and Law could drop.

As for the IKE for LAW trade, I would probably do it, though I agree with Anthem that I'm not sold on Diogu. I could be completely wrong about what he can turn out to be, but I'm willing to be patient and find out.

OakMoses
06-05-2007, 10:31 AM
Ike for Law. To me it really depends on if JO is here next year or not. If JO (or another capable PF) is going to be here, I'd do it. If not, we need Ike. It would be completely ridiculous to go into next season with Troy Murphy as our starting PF.

Haggard
06-05-2007, 11:20 AM
Show of hands: who would trade Ike for Acie Law? Because that's what it's going to take to buy into the draft, unless a pick is part of a bigger deal.

I'd probably do it, but I'm not high on Ike like some of you guys.

I would do it, I don't see what is so good about Ike, not that I don't like the fellow, I just don't see the hype.

Oneal07
06-05-2007, 11:37 AM
I like him or Brewer