PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought

OTD
06-03-2007, 01:30 PM
I will go out on a limb and say that JO will remain in Indy. I know I am about the only one in here that thinks that. So will wait and see.

OnlyPacersLeft
06-03-2007, 02:24 PM
lol where the hell do you get these delusions? it's obvious he doesn't want to be here. Larry Bird doesn't want him here...and is willing to take w/e decent deal he can get for him.
it sucks but it's reality

Smashed_Potato
06-03-2007, 02:40 PM
Do you think Lamar Odom/ Andrew Bynum + 19th pick is decent? i think Bird would love that deal. its far from decent its great IMO. who wouldn't want a center who's probably 2-3 years away from being a force?

Mourning
06-03-2007, 03:17 PM
Some people shouldn't act as hysterical as they are doing rightnow and :chillpill a little bit...

Y2J
06-03-2007, 03:23 PM
Those Chill Pills remind me of the game Dr. Mario.

Brian
06-03-2007, 03:46 PM
Ehh doesnt matter anyways even if we get bynum.If bynum does become a force in the league we wont be able to resign him because we will have too much salary on the books to resign him.

And anytime we have a decent player (besides reggie) as soon as they get a chance to bolt out of indiana they take it.

Jose Slaughter
06-03-2007, 04:13 PM
Brian

Theres no way you know who will be on the roster in even two years let alone 3 or 4. Thats what I don't understand about those that constantly bring up long term salary. There is simply no way of knowing what moves will be made in the future.

If we were close enough to the salary cap where it might stop us from adding talent for the coming year then I could see it as a problem. If its more than a year down the road, which it is, I'm not concerned about it.

Brian
06-03-2007, 06:24 PM
^^

Yes I understand that,but untill this bird ran pacers club shows me that they are capable of not taking on huge contracts Im going to assume that we are going to have at least 2 bad contracts.

indygeezer
06-03-2007, 06:28 PM
Ehh doesnt matter anyways even if we get bynum.If bynum does become a force in the league we wont be able to resign him because we will have too much salary on the books to resign him.

And anytime we have a decent player (besides reggie) as soon as they get a chance to bolt out of indiana they take it.

Who? I don't think so...that is how we kept getting into capHell, they resigned to big contracts and we were stuck.

Mr.ThunderMakeR
06-03-2007, 07:06 PM
I will go out on a limb and say that JO will remain in Indy. I know I am about the only one in here that thinks that. So will wait and see.Actually Ive been thinking this same thing all week. Since the O'Brien hiring, he and Bird have made it pretty clear that the goal here is to make the playoffs next year, not rebuild for the longterm. There is no way that we will get equal value back for JO and so its obvious that if we want to make the playoffs next year, we cant trade away our best player.

I expect only a few small moves this summer, most likely something to land a late teens/early 20's pick in the draft. It looks like the coaching change has appeased the fans and so TPTB dont have as much pressure to make big changes any more.

BlueNGold
06-03-2007, 07:25 PM
Actually Ive been thinking this same thing all week. Since the O'Brien hiring, he and Bird have made it pretty clear that the goal here is to make the playoffs next year, not rebuild for the longterm. There is no way that we will get equal value back for JO and so its obvious that if we want to make the playoffs next year, we cant trade away our best player.

I expect only a few small moves this summer, most likely something to land a late teens/early 20's pick in the draft. It looks like the coaching change has appeased the fans and so TPTB dont have as much pressure to make big changes any more.

If JO stays, we might as well keep Tinsley and make a run for the playoffs. If healthy, we might make the playoffs...particularly with another year under Granger, Ike and William's belts.

But I don't think he stays. JO has a big for-sale sign on him right now and there will be suitors willing to pay market value. This is not at all like the fire sales we have had in the past. If anything, I think we have some leverage for once. Hopefully TPTB know how to use it.

OnlyPacersLeft
06-03-2007, 07:30 PM
and lets just say hell freezez over...and bynum DOESN'T become a star....then what? anyone think granger can be one? I know people are all on the pistons jock not really a whole lot of stars when they won their title...yeah well Chauncey Billups,Rip Hamilton,Ben Wallace,Rasheed Wallace...not a bad start. Sure no ALL STARS but come on...billups was a stud. Other then that you need a star to win a title...
I hope bynum is what everyone says he is. I didn't see a lot of stuff about him coming out of high school but hey...if donnie n larry like em...I guess we will live with their decisions...we have no other choice.

Smashed_Potato
06-03-2007, 07:35 PM
Donnie Walsh thinks HIGHLY of Bynum and i mean Highly when he talked about him. Donnie loves him and there is no question the Pacers are gonna do anything to get him and the Lakers will bite because there desprate.

OnlyPacersLeft
06-03-2007, 09:21 PM
if they are so desperate we should be able to own them in a trade...we have the upper hand here not them

Smashed_Potato
06-03-2007, 09:31 PM
Exactly which is good for you guys.

Shade
06-03-2007, 09:34 PM
Who? I don't think so...that is how we kept getting into capHell, they resigned to big contracts and we were stuck.

Mark Jackson
Brad Miller
Ron Artest
Peja Stojakovic

Young
06-03-2007, 09:36 PM
Donnie Walsh thinks HIGHLY of Bynum and i mean Highly when he talked about him. Donnie loves him and there is no question the Pacers are gonna do anything to get him and the Lakers will bite because there desprate.

I'm not doubting you but I am wondering how you know this? Has he been quoted or something because I have missed this.

Smashed_Potato
06-03-2007, 09:45 PM
Here was the part of what Donnie thinks of him..

Indiana's Donnie Walsh flat-out lusts after Bynum

there was another quote were Donnie said Bynum be can as good as Kareem and no not Kareem Rush.. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar!

LINK (http://blogs.ocregister.com/lakers/archives/2007/04/peeking_ahead_t_1.html)

indygeezer
06-03-2007, 09:58 PM
Mark Jackson
Brad Miller
Ron Artest
Peja Stojakovic

Mark Jackson wanted to resign as a free agent, Indiana chose not to.
Brad Miller wanted to resign with Indiana until the Sac offer got really nutso and so a S&T was worked out. He still insists he wants to come home to Indiana to play.

Ron was "forced out" by the boo birds. He requested a trade during the season after being suspended a season, talking of taking time off to work on his CD, and beatching about the coach. His act had worn thin with fans and management like.

I'll give you Peja, but by then things had turned very sour.

Brian
06-03-2007, 11:05 PM
Ok,Im about to go off...so here it goes.

We had a team that was a championship calibur team,but after 11/19 the fans of this team decided that we needed to go another direction,but at the end of the day we see the price we paid to get the "thugs" out of Indiana.

And I do feel like the dun/murph trade was forced by the fans,and I respect the pacers for respecting the fans enough to listen.But having said that,they shouldve never traded those guys.We were lowballed on every trade we have done in the past 3 years or so.

At the end of the day I really dont care what NBA players or anyone else does in their spare time.It is none of my buisness.So if one of them wants to go to a strip club or gets into a fight whatever it may be,I DONT CARE.

Sometimes you have to bite your lip and work with what you have,And not make panic decisions.Which is why we are in the situation we are in now,We have bad contracts,and zero COUNT THEM,0 draft picks.Just to get Al Harrington to just end up having to use him to get Stephen Jackson out of Indiana.That is an idiotic **** poor excuse in my book.

So now we are stuck on here with "what ifs" every f'n day.

And what FA in their right mind would want to sign with us,even if we had the cap room.

We have an unhappy all-star in JO (who will soon not be here),and whos left??...Dunleavy???...Murphy??...Tinsley???.

Not to mention this is INDIANA,im sorry but NBA players are not beating down the doors already to live in Indiana,but you throw in the fact that we have an awfull team.

And if all of you want to believe so badly that JO wants to win a championship then you are lying to yourself if he thinks he is going to do it here within the next few years.If he even gets a hint of a chance of moving to LA and playing with Kobe and isnt going to do whatever he can to make it happen,then you are nuts.

LA-(or any big market team)=More endorsements,more money,better chance of FA signings.

Indiana- Cold Winters,Boring nightlife,a bad team.

Kegboy
06-04-2007, 12:02 AM
Really? It's the fans fault that Ron asked for a trade? I can see blaming the fans for Jack, but Ron? He was treated as a conquering hero when he came back from suspension. People didn't even give him much **** for wanting time off, just passed it off as "Manny being Manny".

And yes, we stopped being a "championship contender" after we lost Ron, if we were really ever one to begin with.

grace
06-04-2007, 12:33 AM
Mark Jackson wanted to resign as a free agent, God told him to go to Toronto.

Fixed.

Brian
06-04-2007, 09:59 AM
Really? It's the fans fault that Ron asked for a trade? I can see blaming the fans for Jack, but Ron? He was treated as a conquering hero when he came back from suspension. People didn't even give him much **** for wanting time off, just passed it off as "Manny being Manny".

And yes, we stopped being a "championship contender" after we lost Ron, if we were really ever one to begin with.

Which is why I never said anything about Ron..Ron is a completey different thing,I do feel to a certain degree that Ron was sick of JO/Rick,and being that Ron is just crazy it didnt help matters.

But if anyone can show me a deal since 11/19 that we have came out a better team for doing then I will be amazed.

OnlyPacersLeft
06-04-2007, 10:42 AM
might as well get that THUG jermaine o'neal out aswell...because he's ALWAYS in trouble. Punching that poor fat pistons fan :(
DISGRACE!

JayRedd
06-04-2007, 10:54 AM

Every GM in the whole League thinks HIGHLY of Andrew Bynum. His upside is higher than any center in not named Yao and he has uncanny footwork. He's also got some ferociousness, can block shots and is by all accounts just a nice young man.

Meanwhile, he's 19. He's the best big man prospect in the whole league.

It's possible (although pretty unlikely too me) that he might not be All Star caliber in 3 years...but JO will be borderline washed up by then too anyway. If they're actually gonna throw in Odom too in this deal it's a no-brainer.

CableKC
06-04-2007, 12:26 PM
Every GM in the whole League thinks HIGHLY of Andrew Bynum. His upside is higher than any center in not named Yao and he has uncanny footwork. He's also got some ferociousness, can block shots and is by all accounts just a nice young man.

It's possible (although pretty unlikely too me) that he might not be All Star caliber in 3 years...but JO will be borderline washed up by then too anyway. If they're actually gonna throw in Odom too in this deal it's a no-brainer.
So....if the deal was for JONeal for Odom+Bynum....you would be okay with that?

At the very least...I can't fathom Bird NOT wanting to get back into this draft...even if its for a 19th pick.

Mourning
06-04-2007, 12:32 PM
might as well get that THUG jermaine o'neal out aswell...because he's ALWAYS in trouble. Punching that poor fat pistons fan :(
DISGRACE!

I like your positive attitude ;)

Mourning
06-04-2007, 12:36 PM
Which is why I never said anything about Ron..Ron is a completey different thing,I do feel to a certain degree that Ron was sick of JO/Rick,and being that Ron is just crazy it didnt help matters.

But if anyone can show me a deal since 11/19 that we have came out a better team for doing then I will be amazed.

Virtually every deal that we have made post-11/19 has been in someway linked to what happenned in Detroit, excluding the Croshere and AJ trades. But, all major moves can I think be linked to the brawl.

Which is also the reason why we are not getting better talent back compared to what we are sending away. We are sending guys away with a link to that day and everybody in the league knows it. The price is that these players will net us less then a comparable player which hasn't been a part of the brawl.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

JayRedd
06-04-2007, 01:31 PM
So....if the deal was for JONeal for Odom+Bynum....you would be okay with that?

At the very least...I can't fathom Bird NOT wanting to get back into this draft...even if its for a 19th pick.

There would hafta be some filler to make the money work....but I wouldn't be happy. I'd be ecstatic.

I thought it was Bynum or Odom. Not both. There's not a better package out there. The draft would be gravy.

Ya'll realize Odom put up 16, 10 and 5 last year right? Ya'll realize he's still 27, right?

He's doesn't play a "need" position for us since we already have Danny/Shawne available to handle the "jack or all trades" swing man role, but Odom's so far ahead of those guys right now it's silly. Plus, he's immediately our best ball-handler and would give us the flexibility to put some crazy lineups on the floor from time-to-time (such as Quis/Odom/Danny/Ike/Bynum).

And like I said, Bynum is gonna be a BEAST in this league for the next decade plus. Write it down. Take a picture. Tell your mother. He's for real, for real.

maragin
06-04-2007, 01:50 PM

There is that kid from Lawrence North...

Kegboy
06-04-2007, 02:59 PM

You blamed the fans for us not being a championship contender anymore.

No, we haven't made a good deal since 11/19. In fact, it was long before 11/19 that we made our last good deal. But that's TPTB's fault, not anybody elses.

JayRedd
06-04-2007, 03:42 PM
There is that kid from Lawrence North...

Not here yet ;)

Brian
06-05-2007, 05:07 AM
You blamed the fans for us not being a championship contender anymore.

No, we haven't made a good deal since 11/19. In fact, it was long before 11/19 that we made our last good deal. But that's TPTB's fault, not anybody elses.

I do blame the fans for us getting rid of 2 better players,and getting in return 2 players with bad contracts.

If anyone tells me we have a better chance winning with Dun/Murph rather than Jax/Harrington they are lying.

idioteque
06-05-2007, 06:26 AM

Not necessarily. Jermaine had a chance to go to San Antonio, where looking back it it now he probably could have won a few rings, but he decided to stay in Indy. I honestly think that he cares about the franchise, it has simply been established that right now it would be best for both parties to move on.

I think that it takes a certian type of consumate professional to really appreciate the atmosphere of the Pacers franchise, a lot of guys just "don't get it" and don't work out. However, I think Reggie and Jermaine were the kind of professionals that really enjoyed playing for the Pacers.

Brian
06-05-2007, 05:29 PM
Not necessarily. Jermaine had a chance to go to San Antonio, where looking back it it now he probably could have won a few rings, but he decided to stay in Indy. I honestly think that he cares about the franchise, it has simply been established that right now it would be best for both parties to move on.

I think that it takes a certian type of consumate professional to really appreciate the atmosphere of the Pacers franchise, a lot of guys just "don't get it" and don't work out. However, I think Reggie and Jermaine were the kind of professionals that really enjoyed playing for the Pacers.

Are you kidding me??...We had to lie to Jermaine to get him to resign.He was getting ready to board a plane to San Antonio when we called him and told him that we were bringing Isiah Thomas back as our coach,And as soon as JO signed on with us we fired Isiah brough in Rick...And JO has been bitter ever since.