PDA

View Full Version : Pacers/Lakers/Nuggets?

diamonddave00
06-03-2007, 12:50 PM
Rumors of Lakers talking to Nuggets got me to thinking what if Marcus Camby is not targeted for Lakers but for here?

Lets say Lakers will not give up both Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum for JO. But instead trade Kwame Brown, Sasha Vujacic or Jordin Farmar and a 2nd rounder for Camby as was rumored.

They then send Camby, Bynum , Cook , M.Evans and pick #19 to the Pacers for Jermaine.

Pacers get Camby to play the shot blocker inside while allowing Bynum to develop.

Diogu, Murphy, Foster, Baston and Harrison fill other bigman minutes.

Camby's contract 8 mil has 3 years left and he's already 33 but very tradable if Bynum develops quickly.

Pick #19 can be used on best player available. Maurice Evans is a hard nose defender who averaged 8 ppg in limited minutes in LA and is on last year of a cheap under 2 mil contract. Brian Cook hopefully could be moved entering 1st year of 3 year contract @ 3.5 mil per.

Lakers get their man in O'Neal and keep Odom.

Nuggets get their cap space after next season with Kwame , a back up guard Farmar or Vujacic and a 2nd rounder.

Just a thought.

Peck
06-03-2007, 12:54 PM
Rumors of Lakers talking to Nuggets got me to thinking what if Marcus Camby is not targeted for Lakers but for here?

Lets say Lakers will not give up both Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum for JO. But instead trade Kwame Brown, Sasha Vujacic or Jordin Farmar and a 2nd rounder for Camby as was rumored.

They then send Camby, Bynum , Cook , M.Evans and pick #19 to the Pacers for Jermaine.

Pacers get Camby to play the shot blocker inside while allowing Bynum to develop.

Diogu, Murphy, Foster, Baston and Harrison fill other bigman minutes.

Camby's contract 8 mil has 3 years left and he's already 33 but very tradable if Bynum develops quickly.

Pick #19 can be used on best player available. Maurice Evans is a hard nose defender who averaged 8 ppg in limited minutes in LA and is on last year of a cheap under 2 mil contract. Brian Cook hopefully could be moved entering 1st year of 3 year contract @ 3.5 mil per.

Lakers get their man in O'Neal and keep Odom.

Nuggets get their cap space after next season with Kwame , a back up guard Farmar or Vujacic and a 2nd rounder.

Just a thought.

I like the way you think. :)

BlueNGold
06-03-2007, 01:15 PM
Why would the Lakers send Camby when they could keep him and still get JO? Imagine a defensive frontline including Camby and JO!...with Kobe in the back court!

Yes, they would lose most of their other assets. They would keep Smush as PG and Walton as SF and would completely lack depth, but their starting 5 would be considerably better than it currently is. It would definitely be a contender IMO.

The Lakers are not shooting for the playoffs, they are shooting for a championship and NOW. Defense wins championships and adding Camby and JO would go a long way toward that.

Hicks
06-03-2007, 01:17 PM
Why would the Lakers send Camby when they could keep him and still get JO?

Because we don't give them JO if they don't agree to.

diamonddave00
06-03-2007, 01:44 PM
By sending Camby on to Pacers allows them to keep Lamar Odom as a 3rd option and he is a very good passer in the triangle.

As for Smush Parker the Lakers are cutting all ties to him, Jackson doesn't want him back and he's a free agent. Luke Walton is also a free agent.

Doubt its a reality but Camby coming here to anchor defense while Bynum develops seems like a good idea. Plus his contract is very tradable if Bynum became a monster quickly and very affordable here if Bynum is not ready or not the monster some envision.

Bball
06-03-2007, 02:05 PM
And Walsh would have his dream realized of having a Marcus Camby on the Pacers...

-Bball

mildlysane
06-03-2007, 02:11 PM
Maybe I am wrong, but would they be able to package Camby like that in a trade, so soon after a trade aquiring him? I thought that he have to be the ONLY player involved if he is aquired via trade. I know there is a time limit.

CableKC
06-03-2007, 02:13 PM
By sending Camby on to Pacers allows them to keep Lamar Odom as a 3rd option and he is a very good passer in the triangle.

As for Smush Parker the Lakers are cutting all ties to him, Jackson doesn't want him back and he's a free agent. Luke Walton is also a free agent.

Doubt its a reality but Camby coming here to anchor defense while Bynum develops seems like a good idea. Plus his contract is very tradable if Bynum became a monster quickly and very affordable here if Bynum is not ready or not the monster some envision.
I'm trying to figure out the logistics here......

Kwame+19+Filler for Camby

then

Camby+Bynum for JONeal?

Geez...I really have a problem here trying to figure out how the Lakers can get away with not involving Odom in any deal that they make. Is JONeal and Camby has such low trade value that the Lakers can make trade for all of them?

This pretty much boils down to a Kwame+19+Bynum+filler for JONeal.....is that a fair deal...I think not?

I still don't think that the Nuggets would take that deal for Camby....

Netweeny
06-03-2007, 02:19 PM
Or why not just make it a 3-way trade. Denver desperately wants to dump some salary, so taking on Kwame for Camby seems a real possibility. Don't know if Denver would wan't anything from the Pacers, but I could see them easily being the 3rd team in a 3-way trade.

avoidingtheclowns
06-03-2007, 02:24 PM
Maybe I am wrong, but would they be able to package Camby like that in a trade, so soon after a trade aquiring him? I thought that he have to be the ONLY player involved if he is aquired via trade. I know there is a time limit.

essentially its a 3way trade

DENVER RECEIVES
brown
farmar
2nd rd. pick

INDIANA RECEIVES
camby
evans
cook
bynum

LA RECEIVES
o'neal

but i'd tell them to keep camby we'll hang on to JO. that deal isn't remotely worth it.

mildlysane
06-03-2007, 02:38 PM

DENVER RECEIVES
brown
farmar
2nd rd. pick

INDIANA RECEIVES
camby
evans
cook
bynum

LA RECEIVES
o'neal

but i'd tell them to keep camby we'll hang on to JO. that deal isn't remotely worth it.

Cool, my bad. I was thinking it was 2 separate trades. Thanks for "clearing the fog."

BlueNGold
06-03-2007, 03:26 PM

DENVER RECEIVES
brown
farmar
2nd rd. pick

INDIANA RECEIVES
camby
evans
cook
bynum

LA RECEIVES
o'neal

Yes, JO is currently the best player of this group....but do you honestly think this deal is not even remotely worth it?

Camby is one of the best shotblockers, defenders and rebounders in the entire league. He also has toughness which the current crew of soft Pacers lacks. Bynum is a young stud C who will absolutely feast in the Eastern Conf. Bynum's ceiling is way up there and in 3 years he might be the better player. JO might pull a Bender within 5 years. A #19 pick in this deep draft is just gravy considering JO's injury history and the FACT that the Pacers MUST rebuild if it ever wants to be a contender again.

At 19 years of age, I see Bynum as another draft pick...but with proven NBA experience...against Shaq no less. He would likely have dominated in college and would be one of the top 3 picks in this particular draft. Do you think we could get a top 3 pick for JO? Maybe. But it's highly unlikely we could get Marcus Camby, the #3 and the #19 picks.

avoidingtheclowns
06-03-2007, 03:39 PM
Yes, JO is currently the best player of this group....but do you honestly think this deal is not even remotely worth it?

Camby is one of the best shotblockers, defenders and rebounders in the entire league. He also has toughness which the current crew of soft Pacers lacks. Bynum is a young stud C who will absolutely feast in the Eastern Conf. Bynum's ceiling is way up there and in 3 years he might be the better player. JO might pull a Bender within 5 years. A #19 pick in this deep draft is just gravy considering JO's injury history and the FACT that the Pacers MUST rebuild if it ever wants to be a contender again.

At 19 years of age, I see Bynum as another draft pick...but with proven NBA experience...against Shaq no less. He would likely have dominated in college and would be one of the top 3 picks in this particular draft. Do you think we could get a top 3 pick for JO? Maybe. But it's highly unlikely we could get Marcus Camby, the #3 and the #19 picks.

i'm all for trading JO, i just want it to be worth it.

bynum and the pick, obviously the best elements for us. but we get a tiny exp. in evans (1.5mil) and camby's 3yrs remaining about $24mil total. then to take on cook who is a slightly shorter david harrison (both have decent footwork and offensive promise, but neither can defend and foul like its going out of style). and the original logic was to move cook but why take on another harrison when we haven't been able to move harrison and his cheaper contract?

so we load ourselves up at the PF and C position, we're committing ourselves to 8 players at those positions...

murphy/diogu/cook/baston
camby/bynum/foster/harrison

while A) solving none of our problems in the backcourt and B) doesn't give us the same financial relief a straightup bynum, odom, #19 for o'neal would.

so no, not worth it to me. i'm not saying camby isn't good, but i'm saying he isn't worth it without ridding ourselves of one of tinsley/murphy/dunleavy.

Slick Pinkham
06-03-2007, 04:22 PM

DENVER RECEIVES
brown
farmar
2nd rd. pick

INDIANA RECEIVES
camby
evans
cook
bynum

LA RECEIVES
o'neal

I'd think that trade is OK, but I'd hope to improve our pathetic backcourt more in a JO trade. For this reason I would rather have Farmar than Cook, or maybe get a guard from Denver. Steve Blake would be great, but he played well enough to likely be unavailable.

For the obvious health reasons I'm not keen on Camby. He's a china doll, though one could almost say the same for JO.

BlueNGold
06-03-2007, 04:49 PM
i'm all for trading JO, i just want it to be worth it.

bynum and the pick, obviously the best elements for us. but we get a tiny exp. in evans (1.5mil) and camby's 3yrs remaining about $24mil total. then to take on cook who is a slightly shorter david harrison (both have decent footwork and offensive promise, but neither can defend and foul like its going out of style). and the original logic was to move cook but why take on another harrison when we haven't been able to move harrison and his cheaper contract?

so we load ourselves up at the PF and C position, we're committing ourselves to 8 players at those positions...

murphy/diogu/cook/baston
camby/bynum/foster/harrison

while A) solving none of our problems in the backcourt and B) doesn't give us the same financial relief a straightup bynum, odom, #19 for o'neal would.

so no, not worth it to me. i'm not saying camby isn't good, but i'm saying he isn't worth it without ridding ourselves of one of tinsley/murphy/dunleavy.

Yes, I certainly agree our back court needs the upgrade more than anything else, but I don't see us getting a better deal from an asset standpoint. Yes anything's possible, but I would do this trade tomorrow if offered. At minimum, the pick and Camby give us a couple valuable trading cards that could go a long way toward healing our back court issues. ...so if this deal goes down I would be looking to move Camby or other assets to shore up the back court.

speakout4
06-03-2007, 06:50 PM

DENVER RECEIVES
brown
farmar
2nd rd. pick

INDIANA RECEIVES
camby
evans
cook
bynum

LA RECEIVES
o'neal

LA does not do this deal. Way too costly for them giving up six players and their point guard. I would do this trade in a minute.

Young
06-03-2007, 07:03 PM
I don't really believe that the Nuggets will trade Camby easily.

I think that they would demand Kwame Brown and the 19th pick at the very least.

BlueNGold
06-03-2007, 07:04 PM
LA does not do this deal. Way too costly for them giving up six players and their point guard. I would do this trade in a minute.
Totally agree. There is a disconnect between what Laker and Pacer fans expect in this trade. Fortunately, I think there is some common ground and expect a deal to get done. It will not be nearly as good as described in this thread but it will be good enough IMO.

Anthem
06-03-2007, 08:56 PM
I don't think the salaries work.

Oneal07
06-04-2007, 11:30 AM
like I said, Phil wants Farmar to start next year . . not Smush, so why would he trade him

avoidingtheclowns
06-04-2007, 12:37 PM
does phil want farmar? do we really know this? i've heard reports that farmar really doesn't fit the triangle. also wouldn't part of the plan to satiate kobe to get a more experienced, more developed PG?

carpediem024
06-04-2007, 01:18 PM
I hope God will be watching and help the Lakers pull of a successful trade.

My wish is to get JO without giving up Lamar.

And Smush is done.

KB24 + LO7 + JO = A chance to at least get to the Western Finals.

I wonder what JO's number would be if this did happen.

Mourning
06-04-2007, 01:25 PM
I hope God will be watching and help the Lakers pull of a successful trade.

My wish is to get JO without giving up Lamar.

And Smush is done.

KB24 + LO7 + JO = A chance to at least get to the Western Finals.

I wonder what JO's number would be if this did happen.

If that happens and the Pacers only get Bynum and like half the scrubs that make up the rest of the Lakers then I think you had a divine intervention on the Lakers behalf. I don't see ANYONE doing something like that, except if there's a third team involved from which we get something impressive.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

NashvilleKat
06-04-2007, 05:32 PM
What if we drew one of the top three lottery picks this year and took a young stud named Jermaine O'Neal....we'd all be ecstatic, the doors of heaven just opened for the Pacers. We already have Jermaine, so why trade him away? We need a shooter and penetrator....let's package some players for Kapono of Miami in a sign and trade. Why does it have to be O'Neal? I know he's our best ace in a trade scenerio, but let's remain cool headed here. We have JO, Granger, S. Williams, Daniels, Baston, Foster...and Coach O'Brien likes Tinsley...so maybe, just maybe a change of "style" is all this team really needs.

I think Dunleavy will be a better 3-point shooter this coming season. With Tinsley, Daniels, Dunleavy, Granger, Williams, JO, and Baston/Foster we could develop into a pretty good fast breaking uptempo team. Just add a consistent dependable outside shooter/penetrator to this mix. They not win the NBA title next year, but they wouldn't with any of the trades I've seen on here.

Anthem
06-04-2007, 05:45 PM
We're not going to win with the team currently assembled. I love Jermaine and think he's a great player, but we're wasting the prime of his career on a team going nowhere. He'll be getting old by the time we're ready to contend again. Plus he's pretty much our only tradable asset.

It makes a ton of sense to move Jermaine this summer.

Kraft
06-04-2007, 05:48 PM
...we'd all be ecstatic, the doors of heaven just opened for the Pacers.

We'd all be ecstatic because he'd be young and injury-free with a spring in his step and a rookie contract. We'd all be ecstatic because he'd be named Chris Bosh.

Instead, we've got an aging, injury-prone, overpaid guy who's lost two steps.

And I like Jermaine O'Neal. But sometimes, the writing on the wall is in bold, italic, capital letters. Just read it.

CableKC
06-04-2007, 06:55 PM
And Smush is done.
Could you elaborate on this?

I think that Smush is still considered a decent backup scoring PG.

CableKC
06-04-2007, 06:57 PM
Just add a consistent dependable outside shooter/penetrator to this mix. They not win the NBA title next year, but they wouldn't with any of the trades I've seen on here.
Here's the problem......what players do you think that we can realistically make that would net us a player like that?

Before you suggest offering up Murphleavy to get one of those players......there is no need...no one will take either of them.

The reality is that UNLESS we give up a player like JONeal, Granger, Shawne or Ike...we are not going to get a player is anything more then a 3rd string player at any position.

CableKC
06-04-2007, 07:24 PM
We're not going to win with the team currently assembled. I love Jermaine and think he's a great player, but we're wasting the prime of his career on a team going nowhere. He'll be getting old by the time we're ready to contend again. Plus he's pretty much our only tradable asset.

It makes a ton of sense to move Jermaine this summer.
I'm okay with this...as long as we get something decent in return. I am on the border on whether I like the "rumored" Odom+Bynum for JONeal trade ( without the 19th pick ) simply cuz I think that we should be in a position to get more ( when it comes to the Lakers )....but would be satisfied with a Odom+Bynum+19th pick for JONeal trade.

If this happens, I'm more concerned if we have to give up someone like Granger, Ike or even Shawne to make the deal happen. I know that there is no reason that they should be included...but after the whole GSW/Indy trade....honestly...I wouldn't be surprised.