PDA

View Full Version : Kravitz article on Kobe and pacers

speakout4
06-03-2007, 09:40 AM
Kravitz article on the probability of getting Kobe was a complete waste of the space and words he used. Does anyone except the most uninvolved NBA fan think that Kobe would become a Pacer? Has Indy become large market suddenly? If Kravitz continues to write for the star he needs to do some homework and find topics that are more credible than the junk he is putting out these days. He clearly hasn't been reading PD which would help him a lot. And notice that for a sports writer his credentials as an arm-chair coach are nil because he never breaks down a game, game strategy, or player's skills. Where does one sign up to be a sports writer?

Kegboy
06-03-2007, 10:00 AM
I haven't looked at the Star yet. :kravitz: actually wrote about us, US getting Kobe?!!!

Wow. Maybe he doesn't read the board after all. :loser:

heywoode
06-03-2007, 10:30 AM
As far as I could tell, Kravitz insisted he would circumnavigate Monument Circle in a blue-and-yellow THONG if Kobe came here. Maybe he was responding to idiots he had heard wishing we could trade for Kobe....I don't know...

Seems kinda pointless to me to complain about an article that was pointing out the obvious (Kobe isn't coming here no matter what) while making it sound like he was examining the possibilities as if there actually WERE possibilities.

Oh, and it sucks at the IS website when the ads cover up part of the text of the story and you can't close them. It further sucks when they try to be sneaky and make the javascript links for those stinking ads slightly larger than the actual ads so that even when you click NEARBY the ad, you get the pop-up. You suck, IndyStar!

avoidingtheclowns
06-03-2007, 10:34 AM
just wait until later this week... we'll have proof that he gets all of his text from PD when his column consists of nothing but OnlyPacersLeft posts, like:

JO has a house now in Miami,Indiana, And LA? in the words of lyfe jennings...MUUUUUUUST BE NIIIIIIIIIICE
w/e jermaine. One year of missing the playoffs and you want to jump ship? Sure...Kobe and you +the YMCA won't win anything in the west.
oh yeah! ODOM! WE ARE GOING TO BE SO GOOD! WHO NEEDS JO! WE GOT LAMAR ODOM! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
HAHAHHA THIS IS GREAT! WHO NEEDS THAT # 7! WE ARE GOING TO HAVE LAMAR ODOM! LIFE IS SOOOOOOOO GOOD!

mark my words...

Tom White
06-03-2007, 10:37 AM
I haven't looked at the Star yet. :kravitz: actually wrote about us, US getting Kobe?!!!

Wow. Maybe he doesn't read the board after all. :loser:

Just the reverse, actually. He writes about the impossibility of it. It is not a great article, no real news, but it is not a bad article either. Kind of like trade filler.

Kegboy
06-03-2007, 10:43 AM
Just the reverse, actually. He writes about the impossibility of it. It is not a great article, no real news, but it is not a bad article either. Kind of like trade filler.

Yeah, I just read it. Makes sense for the most part, except he's unaware that salaries make trading with Chicago just about impossible.

speakout4
06-03-2007, 10:57 AM

Yeah we need more articles on why the improbable won't occur. My point is that he get paid to do that?

DisplacedKnick
06-03-2007, 11:05 AM
Yeah we need more articles on why the improbable won't occur. My point is that he get paid to do that?

He gets paid to do that so, among other things, fans on sports discussion boards will start threads about his articles even when he says absolutely nothing - and some will even visit the IS website and earn advertising dollars for the paper when a bunch of ads and popups accompany the article.

heywoode
06-03-2007, 11:44 AM
He gets paid to do that so, among other things, fans on sports discussion boards will start threads about his articles even when he says absolutely nothing - and some will even visit the IS website and earn advertising dollars for the paper when a bunch of ads and popups accompany the article.

YEP.

OnlyPacersLeft
06-03-2007, 02:27 PM
just wait until later this week... we'll have proof that he gets all of his text from PD when his column consists of nothing but OnlyPacersLeft posts, like:

mark my words...

haha...
I do have my own indystar article ;)