PDA

View Full Version : Should we look to reacquire Croshere?

Shade
06-02-2007, 05:25 PM
He's a FA now, and could probably be had for the [edit: veteran's minimum].

Thoughts?

sportsmusicxboxpacer
06-02-2007, 05:28 PM
maybe then again no because his age , our new coach, team style ?

Anthem
06-02-2007, 05:30 PM
He's a FA now, and could probably be had for the MLE (or maybe even less).

Thoughts?
The MLE?

THE MLE?!?!?!?!?!?

THE MID-LEVEL EXCEPTION?????

Even if he offered to come back for the veteran's minimum, it wouldn't be a slam dunk. I'd have to consider it. Because frankly, I'd rather have Baston on the floor than Croshere.

But the MLE? Kill me first.

Evan_The_Dude
06-02-2007, 05:31 PM
If we signed him I think it would be just for the sake of having him back. I think the money we could use to sign him can be spent in a more effective way.

Shade
06-02-2007, 05:33 PM
The MLE?

THE MLE?!?!?!?!?!?

Even if he offered to come back for the veteran's minimum, it wouldn't be a slam dunk. I'd have to consider it. Because frankly, I'd rather have Baston on the floor than Croshere.

LOL, I was actually thinking of the veteran's minimum when I typed MLE. I didn't think that looked right. Oops. :blush:

cactusjack
06-02-2007, 05:42 PM
I'd go along with giving him the vet minimum just to get an older, level head on the team to act as a good influence on the young guys. He has an excellent work ethic and attitude. More than the minimum, though, is too much.

Kegboy
06-02-2007, 05:48 PM
Well, the good part of the vet min is the league pays I think half of it. Lord knows Cro has enough of our money. ;)

My first thought was he'd fit in with Obie's offense, but then I looked up his stats in Dallas. 35% from the field and 28% from the arc. :puke:

Trader Joe
06-02-2007, 06:18 PM
No.

speakout4
06-02-2007, 06:25 PM
How many Croshere's do we need on this team?

ajbry
06-02-2007, 06:42 PM
How many Croshere's do we need on this team?

Agreed, we simply don't need him.

The only time recently when he had any value as a player was last year due to his large expiring contract. Now that he's a FA, there's no reason for any team to really go after him unless they want a 12th man or something at a very cheap price.

If Larry wants him to be a locker room leader - which we're not even sure he really was in the eyes of the other players - then it might be possible for him to come back on the veteran's minimum.

Anthem
06-02-2007, 07:27 PM
How much of a locker room would he be, really?

Honestly, I'd much rather have Baston. Croshere doesn't bring anything to the court that we don't get from Troy Murphy.

slyder
06-02-2007, 07:27 PM
i loved the guy and he was a steadying influence - and would be fine w/ him for the vet's min - however, i think obrien will want to bring in his own guys who would fit that mold - and judging from LB's recent comments, i think we are starting over. might be best to go new directions and not bring any of the old group back.

avoidingtheclowns
06-02-2007, 07:53 PM
The MLE?

THE MLE?!?!?!?!?!?

dude! :chillpill:chillpill ... lol

avoidingtheclowns
06-02-2007, 07:57 PM
if after our offseason moves we have a hole at PF, i'd consider for the vets min because i like the guy. but i don't see that likely and i'd much rather have baston

grace
06-02-2007, 08:15 PM
My first thought was he'd fit in with Obie's offense, but then I looked up his stats in Dallas. 35% from the field and 28% from the arc. :puke:

Dirk was holding him back.

Hicks
06-02-2007, 08:27 PM
I'd love to have Croshere back if we had a role for him, but we don't have a role for him. If he's our 12th man for the vet. minimum I'm cool with that.

btowncolt
06-02-2007, 08:34 PM
Well, the good part of the vet min is the league pays I think half of it. Lord knows Cro has enough of our money. ;)

He would have been fine with a big man coach.

ABADays
06-02-2007, 09:15 PM
Yes I would bring him back for the minimum.

kellogg
06-02-2007, 09:40 PM
No

I don't ever want to have to see a Pacer box score again where one of our players is 0-12.

And talk about injury-prone...from the beginning in his rookie season.

NuffSaid
06-02-2007, 10:59 PM
No. I like Croshere, was surprised to learn he was traded, but no.

At this stage of retooling, I'd rather give guys like Baston and Ike that playing time...see how they do under JOB's more open offense.

Young
06-02-2007, 11:30 PM
Yes. It depends though.

Do we have room for him?

If we have room for him, fine. Nothing wrong with bringing Austin back. He still can play IMO. A good guy to have on your team. Who cares if we have Troy Murphy. AC would be better to have than going for these young guys with potential. We had a couple of those in Orien Greene and Rawle Marshall, it didn't work out. If we have room for a veteran big man than go for Croshere. It's not like we would hire him to start my god.

CableKC
06-03-2007, 12:42 AM
If the trade goes through as suspected ( JONeal for Odom+19+Bynum ) and we resign McLeod, Greene and Baston ( all of which I am in favor of )....then there won't be room for him or any FA.

Oneal07
06-03-2007, 12:46 AM
NO

beast23
06-03-2007, 12:55 AM
Despite last season's stats, I have no problem with Croshere taking spot up threes, or a three when coming down the court as the trailer.

I believe he is also capable of playing adequate defense in the post. Certainly not great defense, but adequate defense none the less.

I have watched his home going through a very significant remodel job over the last year to year and a half. This easily could have been nipped in the bud after his trade was announced, but it wasn't. For this reason, and the fact that much of his wife's family is from the area, I'm pretty certain that Croshere was willing, and maybe even counting on becoming a Pacer once again after fulfilling his contract.

I'd welcome him back. I believe he would be quite useful, and for more than just an end of the bench player.

Roaming Gnome
06-03-2007, 01:05 AM
one word:
NO!

I believe having him back would just be a waste of a roster spot for the services he would provide on the court.

beast23
06-03-2007, 01:08 AM
one word:
NO!

I believe having him back would just be a waste of a roster spot for the services he would provide on the court.I think that is part of the problem... most of you guys are just looking at "on the court" contributions.

On this team, Croshere would be one of the long-term veterans. If nothing else, he is a professional. This team needs leadership and good examples. I believe Austin could be that and more.

Young
06-03-2007, 01:31 AM
I think that is part of the problem... most of you guys are just looking at "on the court" contributions.

On this team, Croshere would be one of the long-term veterans. If nothing else, he is a professional. This team needs leadership and good examples. I believe Austin could be that and more.

Yep. Right on.

We wouldn't sign Austin to start, hell probably the 11th man at best. It would surely help to have a veteran guy on the team though. Players like Austin can't hurt ya if he is the 12th guy on the roster. I wouldn't want him playing 25 minutes a game now but hey he can surely be a good influence on the young guys and he surely can play well when he is called apon.

ChicagoJ
06-03-2007, 01:45 AM
He would have been fine with a big man coach.

:laugh:

Second line?

Anthem
06-03-2007, 08:35 PM
I don't even want Obie TEMPTED to put him on the court. Best fix is to not pick him up at all.

If we want decent guys that are good in the locker room and have nothing to contribute on the floor, there's other guys to go after.

ABADays
06-03-2007, 08:52 PM
I don't even want Obie TEMPTED to put him on the court. Best fix is to not pick him up at all.

If we want decent guys that are good in the locker room and have nothing to contribute on the floor, there's other guys to go after.

And we've had so many of them lately.

avoidingtheclowns
06-03-2007, 09:03 PM
i think we should sign...er...elect pat burke (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCIdn7uCL4g) to our locker room

Kaufman
06-03-2007, 11:04 PM
I think Austin would be fun to have on the team again, but maybe in a management like situation - and I think eventually he will be if Bird is still here in the coming years.