PDA

View Full Version : what do you want to happen this offseason?!?!?

sportsmusicxboxpacer
06-02-2007, 05:01 PM
right now everyone seems be agreeing JO going be traded but what ur feeling ? I dont want JO to Lakers isnt to me that they got pieces we need we need shooter not odom and bayum i mean we offcial said we want to play in the playoffs this coming season... if Jo traded we get shooter who create shots /point who team first shot 2nd/ big who can post up and bang the borads
peroid!.. Pacers have no darft pick and larry is going to try get one but top10 team going to give or trade to get it and who we want seems like smokescreen big time!

your toughts.

Shade
06-02-2007, 05:04 PM
I'm kind of apprehensive about the JO-to-LA rumors. Seriously, how often has one of our trade negotiations been so open in the press? Hell, even our new coach came completely out of left field.

I also don't think the Lakers will part with both Bynum and Odom. We'd find a way to get screwed out of one or the other, or not get a 1st round draft pick, or take back VladRad, etc.

So, I will go on record as saying that the Lakers deal, at least as reported by media sources, will NOT happen.

OnlyPacersLeft
06-02-2007, 05:05 PM
we need a scorer. Swingman type player...so what do we do!? we acquire andrew bynum. If odom isn't in the trade the pacers will be getting MUGGED. This team with quis could be a good team. We didn't get to see it cause quis went down. I really think he could have made a difference. Add a player or 2. But Tinsley/JO/Quis is not a bad trio.

OnlyPacersLeft
06-02-2007, 05:06 PM
I'm kind of apprehensive about the JO-to-LA rumors. Seriously, how often has one of our trade negotiations been so open in the press? Hell, even our new coach came completely out of left field.

I also don't think the Lakers will part with both Bynum and Odom. We'd find a way to get screwed out of one or the other, or not get a 1st round draft pick, or take back VladRad, etc.

So, I will go on record as saying that the Lakers deal, at least as reported by media sources, will NOT happen.

god I hope not...

Smashed_Potato
06-02-2007, 05:11 PM

What makes you think the Lakers won't give up both Odom and Bynum? when the Lakers are in a free fall? they have there back against the wall and they know they have to overpay.

sportsmusicxboxpacer
06-02-2007, 05:12 PM
if Jo was traded if ya have pick one player to get back one for one i say tracy macgrady but i know he hurt but damn he can help just a saying.. plus JO be happy with Yao ming and JO nice my thought if Pacers get shooter that been on my mind

d_c
06-02-2007, 05:15 PM
we need a scorer. Swingman type player...so what do we do!? we acquire andrew bynum. If odom isn't in the trade the pacers will be getting MUGGED. This team with quis could be a good team. We didn't get to see it cause quis went down. I really think he could have made a difference. Add a player or 2. But Tinsley/JO/Quis is not a bad trio.

Ummm, if you're trading Jermaine O'neal, you would want a bigman prospect in return. Hopefully you guys get Odom as part of the package, but Bynum is pretty much the only reason you'd do that trade.

Shade
06-02-2007, 05:16 PM
What makes you think the Lakers won't give up both Odom and Bynum? when the Lakers are in a free fall? they have there back against the wall and they know they have to overpay.

Because if the Lakers give up Odom, it is likely they won't be significantly better next season. Certainly not good enough to win a championship.

If Kobe won't be content with anything other than a title contender, the Lakers may as well just trade him, keep Bynum, and begin their own rebuilding effort.

sportsmusicxboxpacer
06-02-2007, 05:18 PM
Because if the Lakers give up Odom, it is likely they won't be significantly better next season. Certainly not good enough to win a championship.

If Kobe won't be content with anything other than a title contender, the Lakers may as well just trade him, keep Bynum, and begin their own rebuilding effort.

:happydanc agreed

Swingman
06-02-2007, 05:27 PM
I would like to see us get Bynum, Odom, Kwame Brown and #19 pick.

Trade Odom/O. Green and 19th for G. Green/T. Ratliff and 5th.

Use the 5th pick to get Corey Brewer.

PG Tinsley / Daniels / Mcleod
SG Green / Brewer
SF Granger / Williams
PF Diogu / Baston / Brown
C Foster / Bynum / Harrison

*Ratliff retires

After this season, Ratliff and Brown are taken off the books and we use our good 08 draft pick on a PG. 2nd pick to PF

PG Derrick Rose / Tinsley / Daniels
SG Green / Brewer
SF Granger / Williams
PF Diogu / Baston / 2nd round pick

That's the start of a strong team with loads of potential IMO.

sportsmusicxboxpacer
06-02-2007, 05:40 PM
I would like to see us get Bynum, Odom, Kwame Brown and #19 pick.

Trade Odom and 19th for Green/T. Ratliff and 5th.

Use the 5th pick to get Corey Brewer.

PG Tinsley/Mcleod/Greene
SG Green/Brewer
SF Granger/Williams
PF Diogu/Ratliff
C Foster/Bynum/Brown/Harrison

After this season, Ratliff and Brown are taken off the books and we can use our good 08 draft pick on a PG. 2nd pick to PF and probably could get another PF in free agency.

PG Derrick Rose / Tinsley / Mcleod
SG Green / Brewer
SF Granger / Williams
PF Diogu / FA / 2nd round pick

That's the start of a strong team with loads of potential IMO.

no and no feel so wrong and hello we try to get in play offs not rebuild :rolleyes:

Swingman
06-02-2007, 05:41 PM
we can still try to get to the playoffs.

what's wrong with that team? I'd say it's pretty darn good.

I'd rather the team be on its way to greatness than accept mediocrity and 8th seed in the playoffs.

Smashed_Potato
06-02-2007, 05:43 PM

The Lakers are not gonna get JO and call it a summer they will likely acquire another good player perhaps a Grant Hill. there gonna make changes not a change and thats whats Kobes asking for if they get JO and call it a summer atleast Kobe will know they have a better shot because there is 2 superstars on the club.

Shade
06-02-2007, 06:02 PM
The Lakers are not gonna get JO and call it a summer they will likely acquire another good player perhaps a Grant Hill. there gonna make changes not a change and thats whats Kobes asking for if they get JO and call it a summer atleast Kobe will know they have a better shot because there is 2 superstars on the club.

Problem is, outside of what is rumored to be coming our way, what tradable assets do the Lakers have to make any other significant moves?

Smashed_Potato
06-02-2007, 06:07 PM
Kwame's expiring K and the MLE.

they can use Luke as a S&T bait.

Shade
06-02-2007, 06:10 PM
Kwame's expiring K and the MLE.

they can use Luke as a S&T bait.

Kwame is rumored by some to be coming here.

If not, what do you think they could get with that?

Smashed_Potato
06-02-2007, 06:12 PM
If Kwame is part of a package for JO then I'm pretty sure Foster or Harrison will come back to the Lakers.

then they will use Luke as a trade bait to land a good player such as Mo Peterson.

Anthem
06-02-2007, 06:17 PM
If they had Kobe and JO, they should be able to get a very good cog with the MLE.

Anthem
06-02-2007, 06:17 PM
If Kwame is part of a package for JO then I'm pretty sure Foster or Harrison will come back to the Lakers.
I'd imagine both.

maragin
06-02-2007, 06:18 PM
Wishlist

I'd like to see Carlisle picked up to do more game commentary. At about the half season mark when Doc Rivers is finally fired, I'd like to see Rick Carlisle take over as coach of the Celtics.

Foster, if traded, goes to the San Antonio Spurs so he can play alongside his friend, Tim Duncan. Note, I don't want him traded.

My coaching wish is already not happening, so I hope that O'Brien makes me into a believer.

I hope that Jermaine, Tinsley and Harrison find their way to Los Angeles. I hope that LA then trades for Ron Artest. If nothing else, I would love to watch that team.

I hope that Indiana gets Bynum, Farmar, and Turiaf from LA. Of course the 19 pick and Odom are good.

I'd like to see our starting point guard be either Farmar, Daniels, or (insert name here). I like McLeod and Armstrong as back ups. If we can find a good home for Greene, swell.

I think Detroit would be foolish to let Billups slip away.

I'd like to see Saranus traded to Toronto as the back up PG.

I'd like to see a Pacer get 6th man of the year (Dunleavy, Daniels, Williams, Granger, Bueller, Bueller...)

Pacers make the playoffs next year

Oden and Conley get paired up in Portland.

Oh, and another Lombardi Trophy.

Kegboy
06-02-2007, 07:19 PM

That's how I felt about all the rumors we were trading Jalen and Travis to Chicago.

Anthem
06-02-2007, 07:31 PM
That's how I felt about all the rumors we were trading Jalen and Travis to Chicago.
I remember a lot of us said that, too. "Well, this looks like a pretty workable trade, and it makes sense for both teams, but surely it would have been secret if it was real!"

The thing is, the leak isn't at our end, it's on the West Coast. The entire Lakers organization is a sieve. It's hard to keep quiet when their franchise player is blabbing his mouth like that.

Kegboy
06-02-2007, 07:38 PM
I remember a lot of us said that, too. "Well, this looks like a pretty workable trade, and it makes sense for both teams, but surely it would have been secret if it was real!"

I remember at one point it was Oakley instead of Artest. Oh, what might have been.

I remember being so excited when we got Ron. Of course, Grace said, "Isn't he the guy who tried to go into the stands here last year?" :loser2:

Anthem
06-02-2007, 07:41 PM
I remember at one point it was Oakley instead of Artest. Oh, what might have been.
No, it was Oakley instead of Mercer. Ron only made like 1.5 mil at the time, Oak and Mercer both made 5-6mil. Oak was an expiring contract, Mercer had 3 years left.

I thought we'd be able to get Oak, but I was wrong.

Kegboy
06-02-2007, 07:44 PM
No, it was Oakley instead of Mercer. Ron only made like 1.5 mil at the time, Oak and Mercer both made 5-6mil. Oak was an expiring contract, Mercer had 3 years left.

I thought we'd be able to get Oak, but I was wrong.

Yeah, you're right. Oh well. At least I remember the '03 Boston series better than Buck does. :devil:

Anthem
06-02-2007, 07:47 PM
Yeah, you're right. Oh well. At least I remember the '03 Boston series better than Buck does. :devil:
Go easy on the guy. He blanked that series from his memory because the scores were too high.

Shade
06-02-2007, 08:00 PM
Go easy on the guy. He blanked that series from his memory because the scores were too high.

:laugh:

Unclebuck
06-02-2007, 08:14 PM
I want the trade woth the Lakers to take place. I want Bynum, Odom and the 19th pick. I want Jamaal traded, and I want the Pacers to sign Mo Williams to a full MLE contract.

Oh and I also want Harrison to be traded as well.

If all that took place, I'd be very happy

Swingman
06-02-2007, 10:13 PM
I want the trade woth the Lakers to take place. I want Bynum, Odom and the 19th pick. I want Jamaal traded, and I want the Pacers to sign Mo Williams to a full MLE contract.

I think we should keep Tinsley. Obrien's system is better suited for Tinsley's game and it's win/win situation for us if his trade value rises.

How much are we going to be able to get for Harrison? If it helped seal the Laker deal then great but I wouldn't dump him just to dump him.

Young
06-02-2007, 11:15 PM
I want the Los Angeles Laker trade with Bynum, Odom, and the 19th pick coming to Indiana as UB said.

Why is this? We are done. We will not win a championship with Jermaine here. That window is closed. I've said it many times before. Bynum is a great start.

It would be interesting to see how OB would use Bynum. OB has NEVER had a post player like Bynum. Webber was the closest and he is not even close to anything like Bynum. OB is flexible and has his offense based on his player's strengths.

However I will say this. I can easily seeing this rumor be nothing and never happening. After this whole thing with OB, it wouldn't suprise me.

I want some backcourt changes. I want another shooter back there and I want a natural two guard who can shoot.

Now that we have our coach I know that OB likes his teams to shoot 3s. The point guard I want for this team is Acie Law. If we had to trade up into the draft fine by me or there is a chance that he is there at 19 assuming we have that pick.

Delonte West would be another great fit at the point but I don't see how we can get him.

JR Smith could be a shooting guard we go after. He is cheap, young athletic, and a good shooter. The problem is his attitude but at a cheap price and a good proven player is he worth it? I don't really know what his attitude problems are though.

We are seeing RIGHT NOW with the Cavs and Pistons game what good 3 point shooters can do for your team. We need some in here man. Go Daniel Gibson. I remember when some people had him as a late lottery pick before (this was a while before the 2006 draft though) and he ended up being picked in the second round.

So most of all I just want to get Bynum, Law or West would be great I would give up Ike Diogu for either of them in a heart beat, and just in general some good 3 point shooters.

BlueNGold
06-02-2007, 11:54 PM
I would take either trade listed in today's star (JO for Odom, Bynum, Cook -OR- JO/Tinsley for Odom, Bynum, Brown) and be very pleased.

After this trade, I would consider dealing Odom, but it would certainly not be a hand-out to anyone. If we cannot deal him as part of a package for quality, young backcourt help, we should start him at PF. Bynum of course would be our starting C. The bad part about this is, Ike's minutes would be limited because Foster would also get big minutes.

If we do deal Odom, I would start Foster at PF and play a big lineup. If Ike develops (which he is not ready yet IMO), he would take Foster's place. If Ike and Bynum live up to their potential, matched up with Granger we will have a very strong front court for years.

carpediem024
06-03-2007, 12:09 AM
Kobe to be traded to Chicago, or any Eastern Conf. Team.

Y2J
06-03-2007, 12:35 AM
I want the Lake trade to happen because I've been on the Bynum bandwagon for the entire year now. He's too good to pass up. If we get Odom, fine. I'd also be willing to have a 25 win season in order to pick up that special guard we need via the draft. Once we accomplished that, the sky would be the limit. There's no way we're going anywhere without it, regardless of how "wide open" the East is. And for the record: Mo Williams isn't it. Neither is Earl Watson or Brevin Knight or Jamal Tinsley.

Kegboy
06-03-2007, 09:27 AM
Kobe to be traded to Chicago, or any Eastern Conf. Team.

My first thought was, "Wow, that would suck for us." But then, it would be really cool to see Chicago and Cleveland duke it out for the next few years. Those games would be Legen...wait for it...:cool:

Sure would suck for us, though.

Bball
06-03-2007, 09:42 AM

I want Unclebuck to be happy....

-Bball

speakout4
06-03-2007, 09:59 AM

I want the LA trade but want tinsley here for one more year and we draft a point guard in the next year or two. But I also want salary relief from Murph's contract that would give the team flexibility. The only stinking contract that I want to see is dun's which becomes liveable without JO and Murph's. If we keep Murph he must become a 10-10 guy if JO is not in the line-up. I'm giving Harrison to LA in the big trade.

Kegboy
06-03-2007, 10:01 AM
I want Unclebuck to be happy....

-Bball

I want Bball to be happy. Not so much UB, though.

DisplacedKnick
06-03-2007, 11:00 AM
I want world peace.

Failing that, I want James Dolan to buy an island that he and Isiah can run off to and raise their adoptive love child.

Bball
06-03-2007, 11:29 AM
I want world peace.

Failing that, I want James Dolan to buy an island that he and Isiah can run off to and raise their adoptive love child.

...And then I know someone who can put a turkey farm on that island...

-Bball

Young
06-04-2007, 12:30 PM
The Pacers won't do much in free agency.

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/ask_the_pacers.html

Q. I was just wondering how serious the organization is at delving into the free agent market? I see names like Chauncey Billups, Bonzi Wells, Jason Kapono, James Posey, Primoz Brezec, Mike Bibby, Luke Walton and Austin Croshere, just to name a few. Do you feel there are any guys out there that could come in here and fill a void, and if so, how serious of a push will be made to get the necessary pieces? (From Jeff in New Castle, Ind.)
A. When you talk about Chauncey Billups, it'll be virtually impossible to pull him away from Detroit. There's a lot of players out there that I like but it'd have to be a sign-and-trade. We're not going to use the mid-level and we're not going to spend a ton of money but we will make changes.