PDA

View Full Version : Corey Brewer: SF or SG?

Anthem
06-02-2007, 03:59 PM
Hey gang. I know PG is a major position of pain for everybody right now, but I've been saying for a while that it's SG that actually has been bothering me the most.

What do you guys think of Corey Brewer? I know he's generally looked at as a SF, but is he potentially a SG? Is he redundant with Granger and Shawne?

Love to hear some thoughts on this.

Young
06-02-2007, 04:05 PM
I think that Brewer can play either well.

I actually thought shooting guard would be his main position though.

I see him being a lockdown defender who will develope into a fine offensive player ala Taysan Prince. Those long arms, great athletic ability will serve him well in the NBA.

I'd love to have Brewer. Brewer, Granger, and Williams would create some mis matches for us on the perminter.

But I don't think we will be able to get Brewer. I think that the Grizzles could take him as high as number 4 and pair him with Rudy Gay on the wings. I don't see Brewer slipping past the Bobcats at 8.

indyman37
06-02-2007, 04:06 PM
I agree with a lot of the scouts and think he will be a SG in the NBA. He isn't very big, even though he has said he plans to put on some weight before the season. But I would love to have him. He can shoot the three and he is a great defender. If we could get him, I'm all for it.

Anthem
06-02-2007, 04:09 PM
Let's say, for the sake of discussion, that we have the #5 pick. Brewer and Conley are both available. Who would you take?

Bynum/Ike/Granger/Brewer/Tinsley sure is interesting.

indyman37
06-02-2007, 04:13 PM
With O'Brien as our coach: I would definitley take Brewer.

If Rick was still coaching: Conley.

PaceBalls
06-02-2007, 04:13 PM
With the #5... I would take Brewer, though they would get alot of flack for not choosing the hometown hero... like steve alford vs reggie miller.

indyman37
06-02-2007, 04:14 PM
With the #5... I would take Brewer, though they would get alot of flack for not choosing the hometown hero... like steve alford vs reggie miller.
Then maybe Brewer can be like Reggie.....dreaming, dreaming.

Young
06-02-2007, 04:14 PM
Let's say, for the sake of discussion, that we have the #5 pick. Brewer and Conley are both available. Who would you take?

I'd take Conley.

He is more likely to not pan out in the NBA compared to Brewer but we need a point guard and Conley has a chance to be a special player.

PaceBalls
06-02-2007, 04:16 PM
Why is Conley so much better than Tinsley anyway? Tins has the better handles but slower feet. Both have a horrible shot. I suppose Conley is a better 1 on 1 defender. But I don't see him as much of an upgrade.

indyman37
06-02-2007, 04:22 PM
Now that I think more about it. I really don't want to draft a PG this year. I would rather use a pick to fill other holes. If you think about it, next years draft is supposedly filled with PGs. Then we can pick which one we think really fits our team.

Young
06-02-2007, 04:31 PM
Why is Conley so much better than Tinsley anyway? Tins has the better handles but slower feet. Both have a horrible shot. I suppose Conley is a better 1 on 1 defender. But I don't see him as much of an upgrade.

Conley is 19 years old, Tinlsey is what? 27 years old? Conley will improve his jump shot.

Conley is a winner. He is much more athletic. Already a solid floor general. He will be much better than Tinsley.

If we did have the Celtic's pick and didn't take Conley I wouldn't be upset if we took Brewer.

Shade
06-02-2007, 04:36 PM
I don't like Brewer. His shooting has steadily decreased over his tenure in Florida. Well, until the Final Four, that is.

Conversely, his turnovers have skyrocketed over the same time period.

Think of Corey Brewer as Stephen Jackson-lite.

Like Noah, he is drawing most of his hype off of his tourney appearance.

But, to answer your primary question, Brewer is more of a SF than a SG, and Lord knows we need more SFs. :suicide:

Shade
06-02-2007, 04:38 PM

Conley, not a doubt in my mind.

Trader Joe
06-02-2007, 04:44 PM
Brewer is definetely a two guard. 6'8" 195. He doesn't weigh enough to play the three.

If I am picking between Brewer and Conley I take Conley but I think Brewer will be a good solid player.

Y2J
06-02-2007, 04:58 PM
I'd take Conley. Brewer looks like a slightly more skilled Josh Childress to me.

Kegboy
06-02-2007, 05:41 PM
Brewer's quick enough to be a 2. I'm not a big fan of his, though, so I wouldn't take him, even if I wasn't a Conley whore.

Will Galen
06-02-2007, 08:17 PM
I would take Brewer because I think he fills a need. We can get a point guard next year. (Draft Express has 19 point guards in their top 30 mock for next year)

I think the Pacers would take Conley though because of his local ties. He would be a draw.

Kraft
06-03-2007, 03:53 AM
Position matters little here.

What is one thing this team lacks? Good shooters. What is Corey Brewer? A below average shooter.

His defense is certainly a plus, but he'd be a big problem on the floor with any of our other 2/3 guys -- because they can't shoot that well either.

Granger, Daniels and Williams are all athletic and skilled enough that -- if instructed correctly -- can play some solid defense. Dunleavy will certainly play effort defense, though he obviously has shortcomings athletically there.

I'm just not enthralled with Corey Brewer.

I think Al Horford's my favorite Gator. Big body, mixes it up, makes his shots inside. He'll have to work at it, but he can be a nice piece somewhere.