PDA

View Full Version : Asjia said...

sunsun
06-02-2007, 08:09 AM
http://cms.ibj.com/ASPXPages/6iframes/FrontEndArticlesDetailPage.aspx?ArticleID=02254&NoFrame=1

Jermaine O’Neal may say he wants to stay with the Indiana Pacers, but his daughter, Asjia, told an elementary school classmate—the son of a co-worker of mine—that “Daddy says we’re moving to California.”

Roaming Gnome
06-02-2007, 09:25 AM
I do respect the IBJ & Bill Benner, but I have a hard time putting much faith in that angle. I'm sure a J.O. trade is eminent, but I'm really wondering if the Laker deal is a smokescreen. Every deal we've seen with Larry has either come completely out of left field, or the media was just dead wrong on.

avoidingtheclowns
06-02-2007, 09:28 AM
which i why i think in a few weeks we'll be complaining about the JO to houston for bob sura, juwan howard and mutombo

Natston
06-02-2007, 09:43 AM
Asjia is simply not credible. One Christmas she said that she was getting a pony, which of course never came...

Tom White
06-02-2007, 09:44 AM
Benner says:

"Rumor has it the NBA playoffs are going well. I refuse to watch until the Pistons have been eliminated, although it is gratifying to know that a couple of old ABA cities, San Antonio and Portland, were battling it out in the West."

Maybe my mind is slipping, but I sure don't remember Portland being in the ABA or playing the Spurs in the playoffs. He surely meant to say Denver.

Natston
06-02-2007, 09:48 AM
Maybe my mind is slipping, but I sure don't remember Portland being in the ABA or playing the Spurs in the playoffs. He surely meant to say Denver.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, plus how could the team with the #1 pick in the draft be battling it out west? :laugh:

SoupIsGood
06-02-2007, 10:52 AM
Aw crap. I'm gonna miss JO :(

Los Angeles
06-02-2007, 11:42 AM
Aw crap. I'm gonna miss JO :(

He bought a house, and that's where the family is going to live.

Other Pacers players have lived in cities all around the country while they played for the Pacers, including Reggie Miller.

:twocents:

The deal isn't done until the deal is done.

Hicks
06-02-2007, 12:01 PM
He bought a house, and that's where the family is going to live.

Other Pacers players have lived in cities all around the country while they played for the Pacers, including Reggie Miller.

:twocents:

The deal isn't done until the deal is done.

True, but then why would you suddenly NOT want to live in the same city as your family when you already do? Doesn't make any sense. They all live together in Indy right now, and have for at least a year or two.

Los Angeles
06-02-2007, 12:17 PM
True, but then why would you suddenly NOT want to live in the same city as your family when you already do? Doesn't make any sense. They all live together in Indy right now, and have for at least a year or two.

As a person who decided that the weather and culture here were worth leaving my home for (family, friends, career, sports, EVERYTHING), I am clearly not the right person to ask.

Sometimes people move. Sometimes they move to where they want to live in the long run, even if they have to commute to work for a few years.

I'm not saying that's the case, I'm saying that the deal isn't done, and until it is, this may not be as big of an indicator as it may seem on the surface.

Kegboy
06-02-2007, 12:38 PM
:shakehead:

This speaks volumes about what's wrong with journalism today.

Smashed_Potato
06-02-2007, 02:25 PM
Awww this is so cute lol :)

OnlyPacersLeft
06-02-2007, 07:27 PM
JO has a house now in Miami,Indiana, And LA? in the words of lyfe jennings...MUUUUUUUST BE NIIIIIIIIIICE
w/e jermaine. One year of missing the playoffs and you want to jump ship? Sure...Kobe and you +the YMCA won't win anything in the west.

Anthem
06-02-2007, 07:34 PM
JO has a house now in Miami,Indiana, And LA? in the words of lyfe jennings...MUUUUUUUST BE NIIIIIIIIIICE
w/e jermaine. One year of missing the playoffs and you want to jump ship? Sure...Kobe and you +the YMCA won't win anything in the west.
:chillpill

Dude, what are you getting worked up about? Jermaine hasn't done anything wrong here. Actually, he's been just about perfect: he's kept his mouth shut and let the front office operate without getting in their way. He hasn't put them in a bad position (unlike what Kobe's done to the LPTB).

OnlyPacersLeft
06-02-2007, 07:39 PM
he wants out...and him coming out saying "You know i want to be here" is stupid...if you want to leave just say so. T-mac said he wanted out in orlando...no hard feelings. If you hate it in indy by all means go play in LA. I wonder had we never traded dale for him,...I wonder if he'd be making all this bank? or if he'd still be rotting on the bench somewhere...

Anthem
06-02-2007, 07:42 PM
he wants out...and him coming out saying "You know i want to be here" is stupid...if you want to leave just say so. T-mac said he wanted out in orlando...no hard feelings. If you hate it in indy by all means go play in LA. I wonder had we never traded dale for him,...I wonder if he'd be making all this bank? or if he'd still be rotting on the bench somewhere...
No hard feelings? Son, you are wound harder than.... I don't know. Something unpleasant.

Again, :chillpill

OnlyPacersLeft
06-02-2007, 07:45 PM
no it's fine...These athletes arent overpaid...they deserve to get what they want.

Anthem
06-02-2007, 07:46 PM
no it's fine...These athletes arent overpaid...they deserve to get what they want.
:chillpill

Shack80
06-02-2007, 08:04 PM
If JO truely wants out, and I suspect he does, he is doing the Pacers and fans a favor by not making public demands.

Naptown_Seth
06-03-2007, 02:38 AM
:shakehead:

This speaks volumes about what's wrong with journalism today.
Sadly this is probably the actual source that Vescey was citing previously. Bill just made the mistake of pulling back the curtain. :D

OnlyPacersLeft
06-03-2007, 02:42 AM
lol. This was petes main source! the playground...
lol