PDA

View Full Version : Sources: O'Neal buys LA home

aero
06-01-2007, 07:32 PM
Henry Wofford (http://wthr.com/Global/hwofford@wthr.com)/Eyewitness Sports

There's a new coach in town and he's promised to take the Pacers to the playoffs next season... but will he do it with the Pacers star player, Jermaine O'Neal?

Sources have told WTHR's Henry Wofford that Jermaine O'Neal has purchased a home in Los Angeles within the past 6 weeks.
Los Angeles is one of the teams interested in trading for O'Neal. Reporter Peter Vecsey says the Pacers are close to completing a trade with the Lakers. Vecsey says Lakers forward Lamar Odom would have to be included in that trade for Jermaine.

O'Neal says he doesn't want to talk about trades right now. He has said repeatedly that he wants to stay in Indianapolis. O'Neal says he has been working out, rehabilitating his knee and thinking about his family.

[Credit: WTHR]

take that for what its wroth...also take note its WTHR they aren't my favorite Sports department thats for sure...

Lord Helmet
06-01-2007, 07:36 PM
:(

Wonder how bad LA will smoke us in the soon to be deal.

Shade
06-01-2007, 07:40 PM
Six weeks?!

Something doesn't add up here.

aero
06-01-2007, 07:45 PM
If i remember correctly JO has already owned a house out in LA, It was on MTV Cribs i think...I know they had his home here in Indiana on the AT&T Blue Room thing they did online not too long ago...but it was my understanding that he had already owned a home in LA.

Can anyone confirm this for me ?

Smashed_Potato
06-01-2007, 07:47 PM
Six weeks?!

Something doesn't add up here.

The JO to LA rumors have been going on since the Lakers were in the playoffs. maybe JO saw it coming I'm not really sure though.

PR07
06-01-2007, 08:04 PM
This adds some fuel to the fire, but I don't think it directly suggests that JO is going to become a Laker. A lot of NBA stars I'm sure have additional homes in places like LA, Miami, New York, etc. because are those some of the most desirable places in the U.S. for the high rollers of the world.

Roaming Gnome
06-01-2007, 08:10 PM
I don't trust ANYTHING from the local TV hacks. Isn't Wofford the fool that created the Al Harrington trade fiasco? I guess I'm still bitter over 2 weeks ago when some local bozo on Ch. 6 teased us about an alleged interview with SVG only to use the line...

"He neither confirmed or denied his position in the hiring of the Pacers head coaching position" then continued with the line from SVG gave to the AP, "all inquitries go thru Larry Bird and the Pacers orginization"

Local TV sports hacks suck, and are not to be trusted by anyone that has more then a casual interest in the team!

Evan_The_Dude
06-01-2007, 08:12 PM
6 weeks. That puts the time frame to about the time of the Carlisle firing and end of season conversation Jermaine was supposed to have with TPTB. However I wouldn't read too much into him buying a home in LA for the same reason PR07 stated.

Smashed_Potato
06-01-2007, 08:24 PM
How credible are Pacer media members?

Los Angeles
06-01-2007, 08:26 PM
Don't read too much in to this.

Malibu is not a bad place for a rich man to own a summer home.

****, even Oprah has a home there, and she's constantly filming in Chicago.

Unclebuck
06-01-2007, 08:36 PM
Couple of things.

He reported that he bought the home within the past 6 weeks. He did not say it bought it 6 weeks ago.

I would be a little careful about reading too much into someone like JO buying a home somewhere. He probably buys homes like we buy...

LA, I have an assisgment for you. Do some research into what home JO bought and do a stakeout for us.

sportsmusicxboxpacer
06-01-2007, 08:47 PM
PRAYING TO GOD IT JUST A SUMMER HOME

Los Angeles
06-01-2007, 08:48 PM
Stalking a celebrity?

No way. That's a third strike for me, UB.

:)

Smashed_Potato
06-01-2007, 08:49 PM
OT: LA, who's that person on you're avatar :P

Los Angeles
06-01-2007, 08:52 PM
Stephen Jackson.

The other guy is btowncolt.

Naptown_Seth
06-01-2007, 08:53 PM
I'm with Gnome, after the Harrington thing and the coaching stuff I can't believe these guys have the faintest clue. And for that matter why are you still listening to Vescey after he blatently said it was going to be one of three guys, none of whom are named O'Brien?

He has no idea. At best he's being fed lies to throw people off and more likely he just has a really unreliable source (meaning not DW like people think).

JO MIGHT get traded, but it's very possible he won't either. To me JOB is a guy you hire more to get something out of JO and Tins than to start over totally.

Smashed_Potato
06-01-2007, 08:54 PM
Oh okay :-p

Los Angeles
06-01-2007, 08:58 PM
By the way, Kevin Garnett has owned a Malibu home for some time. And so has Reggie Miller.

Neither of those guys got traded to LA.

ABADays
06-01-2007, 09:03 PM
Stalking a celebrity?

No way. That's a third strike for me, UB.

:)

:laugh:

In a related story, Brad's Gold Club and Jamaal Tinsley have announced a partnership to purchase #7 night club in Broad Ripple. No plans for the facility were immediately available ;)

Smashed_Potato
06-01-2007, 09:03 PM
By the way, Kevin Garnett has owned a Malibu home for some time. And so has Reggie Miller.

Reggie was never gonna get traded anywhere, and the Wolves are not gonna trade KG.. the Pacers might trade JO thats really what it comes down to. its totally different.

ABADays
06-01-2007, 09:04 PM

Ahh - so those were the other two huh!?!

Sollozzo
06-02-2007, 01:22 AM
Reggie was never gonna get traded anywhere, and the Wolves are not gonna trade KG.. the Pacers might trade JO thats really what it comes down to. its totally different.

Not to mention that Reggie is from the Los Angeles area in the first place........

Lord Helmet
06-02-2007, 01:25 AM
Stephen Jackson.

:laugh:

able
06-02-2007, 06:37 AM
JO has owned a house in LA for years, like he owns a house in Portland, nothing new here, he might just have bought a slightly bigger house, or the reporter just found out he had a house there.

Not so strange seeing the place, and friends like Reggie (who says JO was his best friend on the team) having houses there as well.

What's next? we gonna see reports JO is going LA because he bought a new summer wardrobe ?

btowncolt
06-02-2007, 09:43 AM
Stephen Jackson.

You and me gonna have a little chat.

avoidingtheclowns
06-02-2007, 09:47 AM
JO has owned a house in LA for years, like he owns a house in Portland, nothing new here, he might just have bought a slightly bigger house, or the reporter just found out he had a house there.

Not so strange seeing the place, and friends like Reggie (who says JO was his best friend on the team) having houses there as well.

What's next? we gonna see reports JO is going LA because he bought a new summer wardrobe ?

this just in: pacers center jermaine o'neal was spotted listening to the supremes. sources say a trade to the pistons should be announced before the end of the week.