PDA

View Full Version : Several NBA Officials Convinced JO To L.A. Will Get Done {Journal Times}

Frank Slade
06-01-2007, 03:05 PM
BY GERY WOELFEL

The Bucks could be looking for another assistant coach as well. The scuttlebutt is assistant coach Lester Conner could possibly leave the Bucks and join O’Brien’s staff in Indiana, where he could possibly be given the title of associate head coach.

RUMOR CENTRAL: The pre-draft camp has always been a hotbed for rumors and this year isn’t any different. Among them;

-- Florida's Billy Donovan, who is expected to officially sign a contract today as the Orlando Magic’s new head coach, could be receiving another early Christmas present beside his annual salary of $6 million: free-agent in-waiting forward Rashard Lewis.

-- Kurt Rambis seems to have a slight edge over Scott Brooks for the vacant Sacramento head coaching job.

-- Portland's John Gabriel may be the frontrunner for the Seattle GM job, although Washington’s Tommy Sheppard, San Antonio’s Sam Presti and Atlanta’s Gary Fitzsimmons are in the hunt as well.

-- Several NBA officials are convinced the Pacers will trade Jermaine O’Neal to the Lakers for Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum.
Journal Times (http://www.journaltimes.com/nucleus/index.php?itemid=13337)

travmil
06-01-2007, 03:09 PM
No way that happens without the Lakers pick attached. I know 19 isn't great but there's no way the pacers are gonna ship JO without getting back into this draft.

pwee31
06-01-2007, 03:09 PM
I was going to post this, but I stink at copying/pasting without doing an infraction.

And according to this article, we were the ones that contacted the Lakers, not vice versa.

http://www.pe.com/sports/breakout/stories/PE_Sports_Local_D_lakers_01.40181cd.html

It's one of the last paragraphs

pwee31
06-01-2007, 03:12 PM
No way that happens without the Lakers pick attached. I know 19 isn't great but there's no way the pacers are gonna ship JO without getting back into this draft.

I'm sure you're right. I think the sources are just saying who the key players are that we're targeting. I'm sure fillers and picks will be involved as well.

rel
06-01-2007, 03:22 PM
well, with the possibility of us getting Bynum...thought you guys might enjoy this vid...pretty funny actually

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bd-FLEDTfao

Young
06-01-2007, 03:28 PM
well, with the possibility of us getting Bynum...thought you guys might enjoy this vid...pretty funny actually

I love how Bynum didn't let that first play where Shaq dunked over him get him down. Bynum just went right back at him and didn't hesitate.

Y2J
06-01-2007, 03:29 PM

I don't agree at all. No way would a late mid-1st rounder be a deal breaker when you're getting a combo like Odom/Bynum in return. I'd be amazing if we could get #19, but it wouldn't stop me from making the deal and it wont stop Larry Bird either unless he's a just a fraud of a GM who only got the job based on his reputation as an Indiana and basketball icon. Wait a minute....

Jermaniac
06-01-2007, 03:41 PM
I'm singing right now.

MagicRat
06-01-2007, 04:48 PM
If Lester Conner comes back, I vote that he has to wear low cut sneakers just like he did during his previous stint on the Indiana bench......

Anthem
06-01-2007, 04:50 PM

Holy cow, I'm sold. Anybody who can get Shaq that ****ed is good with me.

I love Kerr there at the at the end... "He should have given Shaq more respect." Whatever, Steve. He just punked Shaq and then about got him thrown out of the game.

Anthem
06-01-2007, 04:51 PM
Wait, pi$$ is now a filtered word?

Unclebuck
06-01-2007, 04:58 PM
Mark Montieth was on JMV today and he thinks there is a better than 50% chance that JO will be traded and the Lakers are the most likely destination.

I was surprised he said that MM is usually the first guy to dispel the rumors.

I also think if you listen to what O'Brien said yesterday, I think he knows JO will liekly be traded.

Smashed_Potato
06-01-2007, 05:08 PM
I'm shocked to hear that Buck and glad to hear it aswell.

Kegboy
06-01-2007, 05:18 PM
Wait, pi$$ is now a filtered word?

It's been for a couple years. I always forget and am shocked when it ***'s me out. ****er.

Frank Slade
06-01-2007, 05:20 PM
Mark Montieth was on JMV today and he thinks there is a better than 50% chance that JO will be traded and the Lakers are the most likely destination.

I was surprised he said that MM is usually the first guy to dispel the rumors.

I also think if you listen to what O'Brien said yesterday, I think he knows JO will liekly be traded.

Correct and he echoed the same sentiments this morning on Mike and Mike.
Indicating that Bird would not trade JO for nothing and had confidence in DW and Larry that they would make the best decision for the franchise. Although of course for now he has to go forward as if JO will be on the team, until something changes.

Kegboy
06-01-2007, 05:25 PM
As for discussion at hand, I would be willing to take Farmar instead of the #19 pick. The argument can certainly be made that the pick is more valuable, but there won't be any good points left (I'll be shocked if Law actually falls that far), and with Brandon Rush going back to Kansas, I'm not thrilled with the SG pickings (a la AZ's Marcus Williams.)

And I still wanna see Tinsley play for Phil. To take a line from Sports Guy's playbook, that would be a 5,000 on the Unintentional Comedy Scale.

NorCal_Pacerfan
06-01-2007, 05:28 PM
I'm singing right now.

If JO does go to the Lakers, are you still going to be a Pacers fan?
Just curious...

indyman37
06-01-2007, 05:30 PM
Just curious...
I'm pretty sure that he said he will...

rel
06-01-2007, 05:32 PM
i'd rather keep the pick and take Stuckey or hope Crittenton falls

Will Galen
06-01-2007, 05:34 PM

The Laker's also have #40 and #48.

Y2J
06-01-2007, 05:35 PM
Oh man, I'm getting excited now. I'll immediately buy an Andrew Bynum jersey if he's traded here.

Y2J
06-01-2007, 05:36 PM
i'd rather keep the pick and take Stuckey or hope Crittenton falls

I like Stuckey a ton. Sounds like he has a lot of Dwyane Wade in him. Could be the next small school draft steal like Kevin Martin.

maragin
06-01-2007, 05:44 PM
If we get Farmar and Bynum (and my fav, Turiaf) then we've basically stolen the Laker's rebuilding efforts.

Which is awesome.

Jermaniac
06-01-2007, 05:55 PM
Just curious...I have answered that question, at least 15 times. I'm not going to answer it again. And why does it matter is me being a Pacers fan or Lakers fan going to impact the Pacers nation?

Granville
06-01-2007, 05:59 PM
is me being a Pacers fan or Lakers fan going to impact the Pacers nation?

Not to me. I couldn't care less.

indyman37
06-01-2007, 06:00 PM
I googled Lester Conner and I found this:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/connele01.html

Lester Conner

Lester Allen Conner (The Molester)

Position: G
Height: 6'4" Weight: 180 lbs.
Born: September 17 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/bio/born_0917.html), 1959 in Memphis, TN (http://www.basketball-reference.com/bio/born_TN.html)
High School: Fremont in Oakland, CA
College: Oregon State University (http://www.basketball-reference.com/colleges/oregonst.html)
Drafted by the Golden State Warriors in the 1st round (14th pick) of the 1982 NBA (http://www.basketball-reference.com/draft/NBA_1982.html) draft.

I didn't know whether to laugh or not. His nickname disturbed me just a tad and I hope it has nothing to do with a past experience.

Robobtowncolt
06-01-2007, 06:01 PM
Well, at least we know Tinsley probably won't linger in the locker room when he should be practicing.....

Trader Joe
06-01-2007, 06:03 PM
Well, I think you gotta get the pick as well. If nothing else it gives you the flexibility to put another deal together to move you up into the lotto. I can live with a JO and Murphy for Odom, Bynum, Brown, and #19. In fact I might support it.

OnlyPacersLeft
06-01-2007, 06:03 PM
woo hoo...bynum for mvp

indyman37
06-01-2007, 06:04 PM
If we could get rid of Murphy's contract and get the #19, I will love this trade.

Anthem
06-01-2007, 06:17 PM
If they included Farmer, I'd throw in Harrison and Greene, as well. Harrison gives them a big man prospect back (who could be decent with a big man coach), and Greene is a perfect PG for Phil's system.

Trader Joe
06-01-2007, 06:19 PM
If we could get rid of Murphy's contract and get the #19, I will love this trade.

The reason I want 19 is because I think 19+ Diogu can get you a pick to get Acie Law.

Unclebuck
06-01-2007, 06:27 PM
Henry Wolford of WTHR channel 13 reported tonight that JO has bought a home in the LA area and that Odom is expecting to be traded here

Unclebuck
06-01-2007, 06:28 PM
I googled Lester Conner and I found this:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/connele01.html

Lester Conner

Lester Allen Conner (The Molester)

Position: G
Height: 6'4" Weight: 180 lbs.
Born: September 17 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/bio/born_0917.html), 1959 in Memphis, TN (http://www.basketball-reference.com/bio/born_TN.html)
High School: Fremont in Oakland, CA
College: Oregon State University (http://www.basketball-reference.com/colleges/oregonst.html)
Drafted by the Golden State Warriors in the 1st round (14th pick) of the 1982 NBA (http://www.basketball-reference.com/draft/NBA_1982.html) draft.

I didn't know whether to laugh or not. His nickname disturbed me just a tad and I hope it has nothing to do with a past experience.

His nickname is because he was a great defender

Trader Joe
06-01-2007, 06:28 PM
Henry Wolford of WTHR channel 13 reported tonight that JO has bought a home in the LA area and that Odom is expecting to be traded here

So its not gonna happen for 3 months? Its been given the WTHR kiss of death.

wintermute
06-01-2007, 06:46 PM
I like Stuckey a ton. Sounds like he has a lot of Dwyane Wade in him. Could be the next small school draft steal like Kevin Martin.

i had the same thought. even down to the kevin martin surprise-from-small-school angle

CableKC
06-01-2007, 06:51 PM
Well, I think you gotta get the pick as well. If nothing else it gives you the flexibility to put another deal together to move you up into the lotto. I can live with a JO and Murphy for Odom, Bynum, Brown, and #19. In fact I might support it.
You might support it?

Geez.... I would be amazed by it. If they took Murphy off our hands while giving us the "whole buffet" ...I wouldn't complain about Bird's negotiating skills ever again.

But seriously...I doubt that they would go that far.

speakout4
06-01-2007, 06:52 PM
If they included Farmer, I'd throw in Harrison and Greene, as well. Harrison gives them a big man prospect back (who could be decent with a big man coach), and Greene is a perfect PG for Phil's system.
Hell throw in Harrison anyway. Glad to be off london time.

Trader Joe
06-01-2007, 06:55 PM
You might support it?

Geez.... I would be amazed by it. If they took Murphy off our hands while giving us the "whole buffet" ...I wouldn't complain about Bird's negotiating skills ever again.

I think they are getting to the point where they will do just about anything to keep Kobe happy.

ABADays
06-01-2007, 06:55 PM
Not to me. I couldn't care less.

Me either. In fact, I think we should open nominations for "Most Divided Fan" or "Most Likely to Bolt" awards.

Erik
06-01-2007, 06:57 PM
You might support it?

Geez.... I would be amazed by it. If they took Murphy off our hands while giving us the "whole buffet" ...I wouldn't complain about Kobe's negotiating skills ever again.

fixed.;)

Hicks
06-01-2007, 06:58 PM
So its not gonna happen for 3 months? Its been given the WTHR kiss of death.

I actually laughed out loud when I read that. Bravo! :laugh:

CableKC
06-01-2007, 06:59 PM
I think they are getting to the point where they will do just about anything to keep Kobe happy.
Even I...as a Pacer fan...can't see Murphy being included...not because we don't want to give him up....its more that I find it hard to believe that any GM would take Murphy....even with Kobe holding the "proverbial" gun to Buss' head.

Seriously....the Lakers are desperate...but not that desperate. If Murphy is included....there is no way that I can see us not taking back VladRad ( which I would be okay with ASSUMING that Murphy is shipped out ).

Hicks
06-01-2007, 07:00 PM
Well, between the original post, Montieth, and hell even WTHR, I'm beginning to really believe this is happening. I just pray it's Odom AND Bynum.

Jermaniac
06-01-2007, 07:02 PM
Hicks what did Montieth say?

Trader Joe
06-01-2007, 07:02 PM
Well, between the original post, Montieth, and hell even WTHR, I'm beginning to really believe this is happening. I just pray it's Odom AND Bynum.

I think Odom and Bynum are givens at this point. Its all about the filler now.

aero
06-01-2007, 07:25 PM
weather JO is traded or not ill always be a Pacers fan even if i dont like some of the players, our winning record, playoffs...etc. thats for sure.

CableKC
06-01-2007, 07:27 PM
I really hope so...it would be so nice to break even on any trade that the Pacers are considered part of.

It would be nice to have Kwame there too.....at least we get some salary cap relief.

Hicks
06-01-2007, 07:34 PM
Hicks what did Montieth say?

I didn't hear it myself, but read it on this or one of the other JO-to-LA threads. That it was more than 50% that JO was going to be traded, and LA is the most likely destination.

Peck
06-01-2007, 07:42 PM
My God seeing Bynum go at Shaq like that about made me cry.

Good God a frontline of Diagu, Bynum & Granger will be one of the toughest frontlines in the NBA.

If I offer to pack J.O.'s house for him can we do this trade today?

Shade
06-01-2007, 07:44 PM
Well Peck, bball, I'm going to miss you guys. After all, with JO no longer a Pacer, neither of you will have anything to post about anymore. ;)

maragin
06-01-2007, 08:17 PM

If the filler is Farmar and Turiaf, I'm going to go celebrate with pints.

PR07
06-01-2007, 08:25 PM
So WTHR also reported that Odom expects to end up in Indiana? Did they use a quote or what on this?

Smashed_Potato
06-01-2007, 08:30 PM
I would like to know that aswell.

Unclebuck
06-01-2007, 08:38 PM
So WTHR also reported that Odom expects to end up in Indiana? Did they use a quote or what on this?

Through their source. No direct quote

PR07
06-01-2007, 08:42 PM
Okay, thanks for the info.

sportsmusicxboxpacer
06-01-2007, 08:44 PM
I DONT WANT ONEAL GOING TO LAKERS!

Smashed_Potato
06-01-2007, 08:45 PM
Unclebuck the person who said it... is he credible?

Kegboy
06-01-2007, 09:09 PM
I actually laughed out loud when I read that. Bravo! :laugh:

When is Reggie Theus gonna interview, anyway?

Unclebuck
06-01-2007, 09:24 PM
Unclebuck the person who said it... is he credible?

Henry Wolford? he's semi-credible. he did have the Al Harrington signing before anyone else (about 6 weeks before it became official)

One thing everyone is overlooking, maybe JO asked TPTB to trade him.

Tom White
06-01-2007, 09:32 PM
Henry Wolford? he's semi-credible. he did have the Al Harrington signing before anyone else (about 6 weeks before it became official)

There is a SI article on Hoopshype that kind of dispells that idea. The writer asks Bird about it and Bird basically says JO is still thinking about it, but leaning towards staying.

I'd post it here, but it is a two page article, and I'm horrible at cut and paste stuff.

Kegboy
06-01-2007, 09:39 PM
There is a SI article on Hoopshype that kind of dispells that idea. The writer asks Bird about it and Bird basically says JO is still thinking about it, but leaning towards staying.

I'd post it here, but it is a two page article, and I'm horrible at cut and paste stuff.

A tip for you Tom. Usually there's a Print View button on these articles. Click it and it gives you a nicely formated text article all on one page.

Actually, I'm gonna move this to it's own thread. Here it is:

http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-default/showthread.php?p=556681#post556681

Trader Joe
06-01-2007, 09:40 PM

Its possible and if so we have to appreciate him keeping it behind close doors and doing it the professional way.

Peck
06-01-2007, 10:24 PM
Its possible and if so we have to appreciate him keeping it behind close doors and doing it the professional way.

Now that I actually agree with.

Tom White
06-01-2007, 10:45 PM
A tip for you Tom. Usually there's a Print View button on these articles. Click it and it gives you a nicely formated text article all on one page.

Actually, I'm gonna move this to it's own thread. Here it is:

http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-default/showthread.php?p=556681#post556681

Thanks Kegboy. Actually, if I'm at work I can do it pretty well from my laptop computer. At home I just use an old WebTv unit, and its cut and paste capabilities are....let's say tragic.

Bball
06-01-2007, 11:03 PM
Well Peck, bball, I'm going to miss you guys. After all, with JO no longer a Pacer, neither of you will have anything to post about anymore. ;)

To quote Bon Jovi....

..."We're halfway there..."

And then I will say "Tinsley".

Altho I certainly don't expect Tinsley to be moved necessarily with JO. Tinsley's baggage will make him next to impossible to move on the up and up unless some deal can be worked out where he's just filler and/or would be somebody's roll of the dice while sending us back their filler and roll of the dice for us.

Tinsley's value to a trade is a negative IMHO.

There's a big difference in why I feel JO needs to be moved and why I feel Tinsley should never be a Pacer ever again.

-Bball

Kegboy
06-01-2007, 11:22 PM
Thanks Kegboy. Actually, if I'm at work I can do it pretty well from my laptop computer. At home I just use an old WebTv unit, and its cut and paste capabilities are....let's say tragic.

Oh, well yeah, that makes sense.

speakout4
06-01-2007, 11:51 PM
To quote Bon Jovi....

..."We're halfway there..."

And then I will say "Tinsley".

Altho I certainly don't expect Tinsley to be moved necessarily with JO. Tinsley's baggage will make him next to impossible to move on the up and up unless some deal can be worked out where he's just filler and/or would be somebody's roll of the dice while sending us back their filler and roll of the dice for us.

Tinsley's value to a trade is a negative IMHO.

There's a big difference in why I feel JO needs to be moved and why I feel Tinsley should never be a Pacer ever again.

-Bball
It's all timing. If tinsley had two instead of four years left on his contract he could be moved quickly as a solid backup pg. Perhaps next year he will begin to look better in a trade. My take on tinsley is that he didn't want to play in Indy and he didn't want to play for RC. He might be a bit better this fall.

Trader Joe
06-02-2007, 12:21 AM
Now that I actually agree with.

Hurrah! :D

able
06-02-2007, 06:48 AM
If we get Farmar and Bynum (and my fav, Turiaf) then we've basically stolen the Laker's rebuilding efforts.

Which is awesome.

Yeah because that team was really going places with all that "talent"

:rolleyes:

Lottery; Here we come!

DisplacedKnick
06-02-2007, 07:29 AM
Lottery; Here we come!

You're already there. Maybe this time you'll keep your pick though.

able
06-02-2007, 07:36 AM
You're already there. Maybe this time you'll keep your pick though.

Yeah that's the strange common demeanour between LB and IT, they both can't seem to hold on to a draft pick :D

indygeezer
06-02-2007, 08:30 AM
So, is LA more interested in Camby or is it a ploy to spur the Pacers so to speak?
================

Lakers talk with Nuggets about Camby
With Bryant pushing for change, the team looks at options -- and what it might have to give up.
By Mike Bresnahan, Times Staff Writer
June 2, 2007
It was all quiet on the Lakers' front, but not necessarily in their front office.

No statements were released by the organization and there were no public words Friday from Kobe Bryant, which meant relative silence for the first time in six days, at least on the exterior.

Behind the scenes, Lakers officials continued to chase their goals of getting better in the frontcourt and appeasing their unhappy superstar.

The Lakers have begun talks with the Denver Nuggets regarding center Marcus Camby, the NBA defensive player of the year, who has led the league in blocked shots the last two seasons.

Camby, 33, averaged 11.2 points, 11.7 rebounds and 3.3 blocks last season. He has a decent midrange jump shot and doesn't demand the ball often in the post, doing most of his scoring with outside shots and after offensive rebounds.

The Nuggets are reportedly trying to lower their payroll, which would make Lakers center Kwame Brown a possibility in trade talks, a league source said.

Brown has only one year left on his contract, for $9.1 million; Camby has three years and about $26 million left on his contract. The Lakers might have to add another low-salaried player or a draft pick to make such a deal more equitable for the Nuggets.

Camby and Brown have missed their share of games because of injuries. Camby has played more than 65 games in a season only three times in his 11-year career. Brown has averaged only 61 games a season in his first six years in the league.

The Lakers have also been in contact with Indiana regarding forward-center Jermaine O'Neal, a six-time All-Star. If the Lakers trade for O'Neal, they would likely have to part with Andrew Bynum or Lamar Odom, or perhaps both.

O'Neal, 28, averaged 19.4 points, 9.6 rebounds and 2.6 blocks last season, although the Pacers missed the playoffs for the first time in his seven years with Indiana. He has three years and $64.1 million left on his contract, numbers that could ultimately put the Lakers over the luxury-tax threshold.

The Lakers have two centers on their roster, Brown and Bynum. Chris Mihm becomes a free agent next month, although he might be re-signed at an inexpensive price after sitting out last season because of ankle problems.
===============

One thing I note is the comment about Kwame NOT needing the ball in the post...unlike JO, this would allow Kobe to continue to dominate the ball.
This trade actually makes sense for the Lakers...but if they could pull this off and STILL get JO too...:-o

avoidingtheclowns
06-02-2007, 09:41 AM
getting camby only makes sense if you get another star because camby was playing on a team with carmelo and iverson and they still only won one game in the playoffs.

the real problem is if they trade kwame for camby, then the lakers would have to offer odom, vladrad, bynum and #19 for o'neal and i can't fathom the pacers taking back another terrible contract without giving the lakers murphy or dunleavy.

but to add murphy to that trade the lakers would have to give up odom, vladrad, cook, evans, bynum, farmar. and that doesn't make any sense. so at the very least another team will have to be brought into the mix one that might want a re-signed luke walton or such because thats really the only other player of value they have to offer.

Hicks
06-02-2007, 10:42 AM

Lottery; Here we come!

Only if you think both of those players have peaked does that make sense. Did you think O'Neal peaked in Portland? I doubt it.

Kegboy
06-02-2007, 11:51 AM
From the second this Camby stuff surfaced I've felt it's only for our benefit, try to scare us a bit. I sure hope we don't fall for it, getting Camby's not gonna placate Kobe.

Sollozzo
06-02-2007, 12:27 PM

Lottery; Here we come!

Are you kidding?

Bynum has played 2 seasons. Farmar 1. Most players begin to peak at what, their 4th or 5th season?

Your statement implies that they have maxed out, and that they will never be able to play at a higher level than they did last year.

I mean, JO had already played 4 years when the Pacers got him(more than Bynum or Farmar). His PPG averages were 4.1, 4.5, 2.5, 3.9.......And look how he busted out in his 5 season in the league. But I guess using your logic, the Pacers shouldn't have gotten JO in the first place, because Dale Davis was already a well established player and JO had clearly done nothing in his first 4 seasons in the league. I

It' irresponsible to judge a player by only 1 or 2 seasons. Every player takes several years to peak.......unless they are special like a Shaq, MJ, or Duncan, players who made immediate impact.

OnlyPacersLeft
06-02-2007, 07:29 PM
good riddens jermaine! Go play with kobe...
i'll laugh if they don't make the playoffs.

Tom White
06-02-2007, 07:32 PM
getting camby only makes sense if you get another star because camby was playing on a team with carmelo and iverson and they still only won one game in the playoffs.

That is BECAUSE he was playing with Carmelo and Iverson.

Anthem
06-02-2007, 07:33 PM
good riddens jermaine! Go play with kobe...
i'll laugh if they don't make the playoffs.
:chillpill

Dude, what are you getting worked up about? Jermaine hasn't done anything wrong here. Actually, he's been just about perfect: he's kept his mouth shut and let the front office operate without getting in their way. He hasn't put them in a bad position (unlike what Kobe's done to the LPTB).

Kegboy
06-02-2007, 07:42 PM
:chillpill

Dude, what are you getting worked up about? Jermaine hasn't done anything wrong here. Actually, he's been just about perfect: he's kept his mouth shut and let the front office operate without getting in their way. He hasn't put them in a bad position (unlike what Kobe's done to the LPTB).

Oh, but he didn't calculate that his daughter's classmate's dad worked with an IBJ writer with no journalistic integrity, did he?

(If anything, I bet the girl said, "we might move", and the kid excitedly told his dad different.)

OnlyPacersLeft
06-02-2007, 07:51 PM
LOL i still cant believe his daughter would say something like that out the blue...sick
"Daddy says we are moving to Los Angelas because hes going to play for the lakers with kobe bryant"
I bet thats how she said it!
kids these days!

Anthem
06-02-2007, 08:19 PM
LOL i still cant believe his daughter would say something like that out the blue...sick
"Daddy says we are moving to Los Angelas because hes going to play for the lakers with kobe bryant"
I bet thats how she said it!
kids these days!
Take two of these and call me in the morning.

:chillpill :chillpill

BlueNGold
06-02-2007, 09:20 PM
From the second this Camby stuff surfaced I've felt it's only for our benefit, try to scare us a bit. I sure hope we don't fall for it, getting Camby's not gonna placate Kobe.

I would not be terribly scared. If the Lakers want to attract a lesser talent, fine. We have other trading partners and other options...maybe some that are even better.

As for Camby, he is a good defender and rebounder, but is not at JO's level on offense. JO is the kind of threat on offense that demands a double team against most teams. That's really the catch. The Lakers would benefit from JO, because it will free up Kobe or their 3 point line. Camby does not have JO's quickness, nor his offensive moves and would not demand the double team. Camby is more at Lamar Odom's level in terms of overall value. JO is a notch above that. Garnett another notch up. Kobe another notch. It all depends on how good the Lakers want to be.

wintermute
06-02-2007, 11:21 PM
as i posted in the other thread, maybe camby is part of bird's asking price for j.o.? bynum and camby for j.o.?

naptownmenace
06-03-2007, 11:31 PM
After watching this highlight reel, I'm actually kinda excited to get Bynum:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4vTpy9YB1QQ

Naptown_Seth
06-04-2007, 04:45 AM
Let me sidebar since that link led me to a link where Phil is teaching the triangle. At the end you get to see Brian Shaw in action explaining to what appears to be visiting students in the stands. It's stupid I know, but seeing him even in that brief action continued to alter my view on him as a possible coach. Each time I read his comments or see him talking about the game at all I become more convinced that actually he might be on the verge of being ready to HC. I'm changing my tune on him.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_3AomZ9wGLo&mode=related&search=

Frank Slade
06-04-2007, 09:54 AM
This article was posted on 6/1 apparently.

Lakers move to soothe Kobe

01:03 AM PDT on Friday, June 1, 2007

By BRODERICK TURNER
The Press-Enterprise

The Lakers already have been trying to appease Bryant, who has four years and $88.59 million left on his contract.

According to sources close to the team, the Lakers called Denver to see about the availability of center Marcus Camby, the defensive player of the year who will make $9 million next season and has three years and $26.65 million left on his contract.

Sources also said Indiana called the Lakers to gauge their interest in former All-Star forward Jermaine O'Neal , who will make $19 million next season and still has three years and $64.1 million left on his deal.

Neither deal is imminent, sources said.
Lakers public relations director John Black said the team received more than 500 e-mails from season-ticket holders, and that more than 90 percent said to keep Bryant.

Press Enterprise (http://www.pe.com/sports/breakout/stories/PE_Sports_Local_D_lakers_01.40181cd.html)

What stands out to me, (if it was not crystal clear before) Indiana is shopping JO around for the right deal, LA or not.

JayRedd
06-04-2007, 10:42 AM
You guys really think we're getting more than Bynum and Odom for JO?

Seems a little ridiculous when they could probably get KG for any more.

Y2J
06-04-2007, 02:40 PM
If we can get Odom and Bynum, I hope to God they pull the trigger a.s.a.p. before the Lakers reconsider. :lol:

naptownmenace
06-05-2007, 02:19 PM
All quiet on the trade front huh?

Is no news good news or bad news? I'm a JO fan but I like the thought of getting Bynum and Odom. I just get the feeling that this trade will NOT happen.

CableKC
06-05-2007, 02:27 PM
You guys really think we're getting more than Bynum and Odom for JO?

Seems a little ridiculous when they could probably get KG for any more.
Would getting the 19th pick on top of Odom and Bynum be considered "too much" for JONeal?

FlavaDave
06-05-2007, 02:29 PM
Let me sidebar since that link led me to a link where Phil is teaching the triangle. At the end you get to see Brian Shaw in action explaining to what appears to be visiting students in the stands. It's stupid I know, but seeing him even in that brief action continued to alter my view on him as a possible coach. Each time I read his comments or see him talking about the game at all I become more convinced that actually he might be on the verge of being ready to HC. I'm changing my tune on him.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_3AomZ9wGLo&mode=related&search=

Sidebar number two: Kings of Leon fan, huh Seth? Did you go to the show at the Vogue?

OnlyPacersLeft
06-05-2007, 04:06 PM
Welp scratch odom...unless of course you want a disgruntled player who doesn't want to be here. That's the kind of guy we love to have ;)
and is he crazy? 3 yr extension? he's not that good.