PDA

View Full Version : Game 6 Necessities

ROCislandWarrior
06-01-2007, 08:42 AM
I have a cooler full of beer and cheap gin. Looks like I am all set for game 6!

:alcohol:

Here is to another fantastic finish!

:dance2:

Did I forget anything?

ajbry
06-01-2007, 08:45 AM
My money is on Sheed and the Pistons.

Y2J
06-01-2007, 08:46 AM
Remember, Cavs were up 3-2 last year as well. But this years Cavs team is better whereas the Pistons aren't as good, so I think Cleveland pulls it out this year. LeBron James can single handedly beat the Pistons, but there's no way he can single handedly beat the Spurs.

OnlyPacersLeft
06-01-2007, 01:14 PM
you think bruce bowen is going to be able to guard lebron? LOL
he's going to have to accidently have lebron step on his foot a few times in order to stop em...

ajbry
06-01-2007, 01:19 PM
you think bruce bowen is going to be able to guard lebron? LOL
he's going to have to accidently have lebron step on his foot a few times in order to stop em...

Team defense matters quite a bit more when you have Tim Duncan waiting in the paint. The Pistons have great defensive ability, but the Spurs can contain pretty much any player.

Trader Joe
06-01-2007, 01:31 PM
Gin? Why gin?

Mourning
06-01-2007, 01:31 PM
Team defense matters quite a bit more when you have Tim Duncan waiting in the paint. The Pistons have great defensive ability, but the Spurs can contain pretty much any player.

Agreed! Besides, the Spurs can keep James probably at around 35 and keep the rest of the team a lot below their averages for the play-offs, while efficiently scoring themselves.

Z vs Duncan? Not too mention the Spurs can get a lot more physical if needed with both Duncan, Elson and Bowen.

And while Duncan is going to be a handfull for the Cavaliers in my opinion Parker is the X-factor in such a series. Who on the Cavaliers is going to defend and contain Parker?

Ginobili and James should be exciting to watch too IF Bowen doesn't defend James. Given that Ginobili is good at faking fouls and James is a master of not beying given a foul the referees will be interesting to watch in such a matchup :).

I still expect the Pistons to go to the Finals though.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

Shade
06-01-2007, 01:33 PM
I don't think the Cavs would be able to take more than 1 game from the Spurs.

LeBron and Duncan could be considered a wash, but that's where Ginobili and Parker would vastly outshine the rest of the Cavs (Eric Snow, lol).