PDA

View Full Version : Hard-working Players

OakMoses
06-01-2007, 04:00 AM
So, if one of O'Brien's big criteria for playing time is hard work, which guys is he going to like and who is he going to dislike?

Like:
Jeff Foster
Darrell Armstrong
Shawne Williams

Not Like:
Jamaal Tinsley
Troy Murphy

What do you all think?

Hicks
06-01-2007, 04:05 AM
Troy Murphy is known for not working hard?

diamonddave00
06-01-2007, 04:11 AM
I see if he's not traded Troy Murphy playing a lot for O'Brien - he fills the Raef LaFrentz role if O'Brien runs the same offense he did in Boston. A center/ pf who shoots 3's to draw defenders away from basket.

OakMoses
06-01-2007, 04:13 AM
Troy Murphy is known for not working hard?

I don't think he's known for not working hard, but he seemed to stand out as one of the guys who didn't go all out all the time last year, especially toward the end of the season. In the last couple of games it was clear he had mailed it in already. I know the games were meaningless, but true hard-working guys go hard whenever they're on the floor regardless of whether they're playing in a pick-up game, in practice, or the playoffs. It became apparent to me that Troy is not one of those guys.

Oneal07
06-01-2007, 04:18 AM
Just cause you don't like Tinsley doesn't mean hes not a hard worker

Swingman
06-01-2007, 04:27 AM

A lot of players have trouble combining sulking and playing hard. We know Tinsley often does the former.

Kegboy
06-01-2007, 04:39 AM
*cue MagicRat*

Anyway, when O'Brien talked about all players wanting discipline, even if they don't admit it, I immediately thought of Tinsley.

pwee31
06-01-2007, 04:53 AM
I think he'll like Dunleavy, Baston and Danny as well!

Ha the whole team might be hard workers.... does that = wins? Not necessarily

LG33
06-01-2007, 04:57 AM
He'll probably not have to deal with JamaalStar anyways...Sadly.

OakMoses
06-01-2007, 05:03 AM

See above post about Murphy. Tinsley is in the same boat. Tinsley generally plays hard most of the time. He is not a 100% effort 100% of the time type of guy. His work ethic off the court is in question. If he truly wanted to be a great player, he'd have a good jump shot. When Tony Parker came into the NBA he couldn't shoot well at all, now he can. There are countless examples of players who've improved since coming into the NBA, Tinsley has not.

Is Tinsley at hard worker? Signs say no.

ABADays
06-01-2007, 05:50 AM
A lot of players have trouble combining sulking and playing hard. We know Tinsley often does the former.

:laugh:

avoidingtheclowns
06-01-2007, 07:30 AM
yeah i've never thought of murphy as someone who doesn't work. i've just never thought of him as being exceptionally talented (by NBA standards)

the only player i could really label as mailing it in is jamaal, but that doesn't mean that wouldn't change for a new coach. who knows?

Young
06-01-2007, 09:00 AM
See above post about Murphy. Tinsley is in the same boat. Tinsley generally plays hard most of the time. He is not a 100% effort 100% of the time type of guy. His work ethic off the court is in question. If he truly wanted to be a great player, he'd have a good jump shot. When Tony Parker came into the NBA he couldn't shoot well at all, now he can. There are countless examples of players who've improved since coming into the NBA, Tinsley has not.

Is Tinsley at hard worker? Signs say no.

I disagree.

I'm not a Tinsley guy, but I feel he is a good jump shooter and has worked to improve that shot.

He should shoot 35% from 3 point land and be over 45% from the field. His problem is shot selection, not that he hasn't worked hard.

TP is an unfair comparrison. TP is much faster and plays on a much better team. He can get easier shots than what Tinsley has been able to.

Ragnar
06-01-2007, 10:36 AM
If the articles about the 3 second rule are true Tinsley will flourish under O'Brien. Heck he could make it a 1.5 second rule with Jamaal on the floor.