PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call!

Hicks
01-26-2004, 01:36 PM
I'm a Sophomore at Ball State, majoring in education.

Obvoiusly I'm a big Pacers fan, for evidence see: This place. :D

I'll turn 20 this May :o

I'm the head duck around here, so I HAVE to spend WAY too much time around here :laugh: :cry: :laugh: :)

Ragnar
01-26-2004, 01:39 PM
I am a moron from Fort Wayne (I say moron because I let my boss talk me into coming back to the home office from Florida the home office is in Fort Wayne and it is d@mn cold here)

I am 32 and also spend way too much time in here.

:dance: :pepper:

ABADays
01-26-2004, 01:43 PM
Indy resident. Too old - sometimes crotchity. Name says it all. Been a fan since the first game ever played. Well, the first Pacer game anyway ( :rolleyes: smartasses). Career in sports on the professional and international level.

tseramid
01-26-2004, 01:46 PM
I've lived in the Indianapolis area for the better part of my life and a life long Pacers fan. I was well on my way to a find career in software when I was derailed by getting laid off twice in less than a year. Now I am trying to make a career in real estate, but it is tough sledding.

Stryder
01-26-2004, 02:00 PM
22 year old guy from Greenwood...

Pharmaceutical Research Scientist, graduated from school in '03 from Franklin College, in good ol' Franklin, IN...with a major in Pre-Med/Biology and minors in Math and Chemistry...

Long time University of Michigan fan...so, don't hate me...lol

Natston
01-26-2004, 02:12 PM
I'm badinf.... errr naturallystoned and I'm an an alcoh... errr 20 year old para-legal major at VU.... :unimpressed:

rabid
01-26-2004, 02:15 PM
Senior at Indiana University down here in Bloomington, majoring in Informatics/Computer Science. 29 years old, will be 30 in September :( .

Grew up in Indy, my dad used to take me to games in high school (late 80s-early 90s). Became a diehard fan during/after the 1994 playoffs.

I spend wayyyy too much time here. :D

efx
01-26-2004, 02:39 PM
Classical guitarist from Sweden currently living in New York City. Probably moving back to Sweden soon though, we'll see.

flying dutchman
01-26-2004, 03:15 PM
History teacher from Holland, living in Aarhus, Denmark.

Used to fly :angel: every weekend, now landed...kid on its way :o
:dance: :pepper: :dance: :pepper:

Southside_Pacer
01-26-2004, 03:19 PM
I'm a college freshman at Indiana University's urban instutition in Indianapolis. :D Better known as IUPUI.

I'm a history education major, and I work with high school students when it comes to music education.

I'm a graduate of Southport High School, I'm single, and that's pretty much it. My life isn't that exciting. :laugh:

ROCislandWarrior
01-26-2004, 03:45 PM
I am a Freshman at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside majoring in sports managment

I am a "long distance" hardcore Pacer fan living in Milwaukee.

I am a curse to the team though. Everytime they come up here and I go watch em play....they lose...EVERYTIME!!!

Suaveness
01-26-2004, 03:50 PM
Freshman at Loyola in chicago. Lived in Indy all my life. Turning 19 in a few months. Major: bio with a track into a medical career or research in a med type area.

Nothing special about me....diehard pacers and colts fan.

Its cold here in chicago. I hate it.

And along with Kstat, big anime fan.

love playing tennis and bball :dance:

Snickers
01-26-2004, 03:51 PM
Andrew. Virginia. Freshman. Pacers good!

:neutral:

ROCislandWarrior
01-26-2004, 03:56 PM
love playing tennis

Yes... Tennis is awsome.

I hate it when people say "Tennis is not a real sport"
chances are they have never played a real game of tennis

GO Grosjean!!!

Suaveness
01-26-2004, 03:58 PM
love playing tennis

Yes... Tennis is awsome.

I hate it when people say "Tennis is not a real sport"
chances are they have never played a real game of tennis

GO Grosjean!!!

Tennis is the BEST SPORT EVER. I've played since about 7 or 8, and it is fantastic. And I have to go with my man Andre agassi right now as my fav. Though back in the day i really like sampras, conners, and becker.

ROCislandWarrior
01-26-2004, 04:15 PM
Though back in the day i really like sampras, conners, and becker.

Two words: Goran Ivanisivec

NamShub
01-26-2004, 04:45 PM
23 year old, 2nd year PhD student/Teaching Associate in Physics at Ohio State, graduated from Case Western Reserve University with Engineering Physics degree in '02.

Been following the Pacers since '98, this is my first year with League Pass.

BayouPacer
01-26-2004, 05:14 PM
Damn you btowncolt for making me respond.

I am a 21 year old graduate student at the University of New Orleans getting a degree in Statistics (hoping to move into Sports Stats eventually). I graduated from LSU about a year ago with a degree is pure mathematics, and I loved it, but stats is good too.

I have been following the Pacers since Travis Best came into the League. The 1994 payoffs were good, but 95 was the year for me. I have had league pass for the past three years which is about how long I have been on the Indy boards. Started on Indystar nearly three years ago, and have never been much more than a lurker. Made the shift to here and love it, but still never really post.

That's about it, so thanks for this thread, punk, and thanks to Hicks for the killer board.

fwpacerfan
01-26-2004, 05:24 PM
I am a moron from Fort Wayne (I say moron because I let my boss talk me into coming back to the home office from Florida the home office is in Fort Wayne and it is d@mn cold here)

You're not very smart are you? You left sunny Florida to move back here? :confused:

ABADays
01-26-2004, 05:26 PM
I am a Freshman at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside majoring in sports managment

I am a "long distance" hardcore Pacer fan living in Milwaukee.

I am a curse to the team though. Everytime they come up here and I go watch em play....they lose...EVERYTIME!!!

Well stop going to the freaking games ROC - Sheesh!

Kstat
01-26-2004, 05:41 PM
Im a 21-year old senior at Oakland U. Near Detroit. I major in journalism. I've been a Piston fan for 16 years, and I hope to become their beat writer someday. I play a lot of street basketball, though it has nearly costed me my life on occasion.

My first Pistons game was game 5 of the 1987 ECF- where Bird stole the ball from Isiah to win the game. I've been blessed with two championship teams since then, so everything is all gravy to me now.

Besides basketball, my other hobby is anime. I speak partial japanese, and have been known to bake the meanest Okonomiyaki this side of the Pacific. I'm slowly learning to make sushi, though at present I suck at it.

I also prefer hip-hop/rap music above all else, Eminem is my hero, but for easy listening i'll pop in a tape of japanese music, because its smoother to listen to.

ROCislandWarrior
01-26-2004, 05:50 PM
I speak partial japanese

Domo Arigato Kstat

Kstat
01-26-2004, 06:00 PM
I speak partial japanese

Domo Arigato Kstat

Domo Arigato desu ka?

Or is styx the limit of your knowledge...... :unimpressed:

Ragnar
01-26-2004, 06:13 PM

You're not very smart are you? You left sunny Florida to move back here? :confused:

I was here for the summer and he talked me into it then. I dont know what I was thinking. :dunce: :shakehead:

At least I get to go down there on occasion. As a matter of fact I am heading to Florida Wednesday. I will miss the Pacer game but thats the only one as I will be back Saturday.

Suaveness
01-26-2004, 06:15 PM
I speak partial japanese

Domo Arigato Kstat

Domo Arigato desu ka?

Watashi wa genki desu. Anato mo genki desu ka?

Suaveness
01-26-2004, 06:16 PM
Besides basketball, my other hobby is anime.

Me too

I speak partial japanese

Me too

I also prefer hip-hop/rap music above all else

Me too

:dance:

Kstat
01-26-2004, 06:16 PM
I speak partial japanese

Domo Arigato Kstat

Domo Arigato desu ka?

Hai, watashi mo genki desu.

Suaveness
01-26-2004, 06:17 PM
I speak partial japanese

Domo Arigato Kstat

Domo Arigato desu ka?

Hai, watashi mo genki desu.

Ii desu :dance:

Kstat
01-26-2004, 06:19 PM
Yatta! :pepper:

Suaveness
01-26-2004, 06:19 PM
:dance: :pepper: :dance:

ROCislandWarrior
01-26-2004, 06:21 PM
Domo Arigato desu ka?

:confused:

Yes...it is true....styx taught me that

Hoop
01-26-2004, 06:31 PM
Hoop from Greenwood, IN. Pacer season ticket holder for 18 years. 38 years old, damn you guys are young. :P My main hobbies are Drag Racing and Computers. I have a barely street legal Camaro that runs 9.30's @ 144mph on the motor and 8.80's @ 152 with small shot of N2O. Hard to beat the thrill of carrying the front tires past 60 ft and going 0-60mph in <1.5 seconds.

ChicagoJ
01-26-2004, 06:52 PM
Jay. CPA and consultant at one of those Big-4-thingies. Grew up in Greenwood; now I'm in Chicago. I've had half-season tickets since the early 1990s. Long ago, I declared myself to be Chuck Person's biggest fan. :rolleyes:

I'm one week older than Uncle Buck (34) and many, many times wiser. :P :D

During basketball season, I don't really have any other hobbies. Well, I've got a seven-year-old St. Bernard and Jay's_Daughter@Section222 turns four next month. She's already a big Pacers fan (last spring I taught her to say, "We don't like the green guys.") Otherwise, I'm a Springsteen fanatic, and I do some woodworking and I'm remodeling my basement into the ultimate Pacers viewing room (well, its not as good as sitting in Section222 but it is three hours closer!) My knees are a mess - I was a sprinter on my college track team - so now I do a lot of (road) bicycle riding in the summer.

I have a barely street legal Camaro that runs 9.30's @ 144mph on the motor and 8.80's @ 152 with small shot of N2O. Hard to beat the thrill of carrying the front tires past 60 ft and going 0-60mph in <1.5 seconds.

Holy crap, when I'm on my bike I don't want to be anywhere near your camaro. :o

arkman40
01-26-2004, 07:19 PM
30 year-old die-hard Pacer fan checking in. Lived in Indy all of my life until a month ago, when my company relocated me down here to Marietta, GA (basically Atlanta) to continue my job as a software developer. As such I can now say that NBA League Pass is the best invention ever. :dance: Graduated from IUPUI in '02 with a bachelor's degree in mathematics (minors in physics and computer science). Been a Pacer fan ever since I can remember, and have followed them closely since the late 80s.

McClintic Sphere
01-26-2004, 08:24 PM
Jay. CPA and consultant at one of those Big-4-thingies. Grew up in Greenwood; now I'm in Chicago. I've had half-season tickets since the early 1990s. Long ago, I declared myself to be Chuck Person's biggest fan

Chuck is also my all-time favorite Pacer. He taught Reggie about chutzpah and hopefully he can teach somebody else on our team to hit some open jumpers.

ChicagoJ
01-26-2004, 08:29 PM
Jay. CPA and consultant at one of those Big-4-thingies. Grew up in Greenwood; now I'm in Chicago. I've had half-season tickets since the early 1990s. Long ago, I declared myself to be Chuck Person's biggest fan

Chuck is also my all-time favorite Pacer. He taught Reggie about chutzpah and hopefully he can teach somebody else on our team to hit some open jumpers.

Its nice to find people that realize Reggie wasn't Mr. Clutch for about five or six seasons, in fact he was usually "Mr. Chicken" up to about 1993 (save one forty-footer against Milwaukee when Versace was here.)

Stryder
01-26-2004, 09:46 PM
Jay. CPA and consultant at one of those Big-4-thingies. Grew up in Greenwood; now I'm in Chicago. I've had half-season tickets since the early 1990s. Long ago, I declared myself to be Chuck Person's biggest fan. :rolleyes:

I'm one week older than Uncle Buck (34) and many, many times wiser. :P :D

During basketball season, I don't really have any other hobbies. Well, I've got a seven-year-old St. Bernard and Jay's_Daughter@Section222 turns four next month. She's already a big Pacers fan (last spring I taught her to say, "We don't like the green guys.") Otherwise, I'm a Springsteen fanatic, and I do some woodworking and I'm remodeling my basement into the ultimate Pacers viewing room (well, its not as good as sitting in Section222 but it is three hours closer!) My knees are a mess - I was a sprinter on my college track team - so now I do a lot of (road) bicycle riding in the summer.

I have a barely street legal Camaro that runs 9.30's @ 144mph on the motor and 8.80's @ 152 with small shot of N2O. Hard to beat the thrill of carrying the front tires past 60 ft and going 0-60mph in <1.5 seconds.

I never got to thank you for referring me to Jack Farr, MD. LOL. He's doing my surgery coming up in February. Great guy. Thanks again.

Stryder
01-26-2004, 09:49 PM
chutzpah

I love that word...lol...

Roaming Gnome
01-26-2004, 10:06 PM
I'm Eric, a 30 year old electrician living on the west side of Indy. I'm originally from Fort Wayne and moved here in May of 2000 because of the lack of Pacers coverage...Radio or TV. In '99-2000 I was traveling to Indy home games nearly every week and got sick and tired of the drive. Yes, the blue and gold means that much to me. I have been a Pacer fan since the 92-93 season.

Also, I was a fan and season ticket holder for the Fort Wayne Fury, Fort Wayne's CBA team. Too bad Isiah had his way with the CBA because the Fury was one of the more sucessful teams in the league. Thank goodness I was out of Ft. Wayne before Zeke destroyed the only redeeming quality about F.W.!
Thanks Isiah!

3Ball
01-26-2004, 10:22 PM
28 year old professor of music in San Antonio. I spent the last 6 years in graduate school at IU and got hooked. I managed to get tickets to the last home game of the 2000 finals, and I've been seriously addicted ever since. Tough being in Spurs country, but at least they know basketball.

Love the new board by the way. Much better than the Nameless other board. I was embroiled in a weird bit of e-hate mail 2 summers ago when I emailed Mark Montieth several questions as "Justin from Bloomington." Zillions of people emailed to complain that he was answering too many of my questions, so I've been laying low. This is my first Pacers email to anyone since then! Does anyone remember that weird episode?

Anyway, glad to find this nugget of a board...

MagicRat
01-26-2004, 10:44 PM
Mitch Cumstein, age 34, NE Indy. BSU grad. Variety of Pacers ticket packages since mid-90's.

Like Jay, I'm a big Springsteen fan (Tough to decide on a favorite, but I lean towards the early years - The Saint, The Incident and the Main Point Shuffle; The Milwaukee Bomb Scare Show; We Gotta Get Out of This Place; Live at Max's Kansas City; Thundercrack, etc.)

Also like Jay (I'm assuming), I have a tattered #45 jersey somewhere buried in my closet (with my Ball State "How Sweet It Is" t-shirt).

And no, I don't speak partial Japanese.....

ABADays
01-27-2004, 12:09 AM

Bike as in bicycle or bike as in motorcycle?

Unclebuck
01-27-2004, 12:18 AM
I was embroiled in a weird bit of e-hate mail 2 summers ago when I emailed Mark Montieth several questions as "Justin from Bloomington." Zillions of people emailed to complain that he was answering too many of my questions, so I've been laying low. This is my first Pacers email to anyone since then! Does anyone remember that weird episode?

I remember that very well

I am just curious, how did you find this board

Hicks
01-27-2004, 12:35 AM
I was embroiled in a weird bit of e-hate mail 2 summers ago when I emailed Mark Montieth several questions as "Justin from Bloomington." Zillions of people emailed to complain that he was answering too many of my questions, so I've been laying low. This is my first Pacers email to anyone since then! Does anyone remember that weird episode?

Wow. The famous "Justin from Bloomington" posts on my board. Cool! :D

:welcome:

Be sure to post often! You always did have good questions for Mark.

kerosene
01-27-2004, 12:40 AM
kerosene, 31, sf bay area.
aside from being a pacers fan i have the difficult chore of rooting for golden state. woo.

burnzone
01-27-2004, 01:17 AM
burnzone

R.J.

PC tech

28 years old.

Muncie

I've loved playing and watching basketball since I was about 4 years old, in 1979.

Started following, and being a Pacers fan since 82-83, Clark Kellogg was my favorite Pacer back then, also liked Herb Williams, Billy Kight, and later on Stipo, and Vern Fleming.

I also was a big Larry Bird\Celtics fan back around 80-88 as well, he was my favorite player then, and I was probabaly more of a Celtics than a Pacers fan in the early years, until Reggie was drafted.
Went to my first Pacers game at MSA back in 1983, against the Celtics, and the Pacers got beat, of course.

After that era, I liked Tisdale, Person, Reggie, and then Smits, and the trade that got us 'Tank' Thompson, and Detlef. From the early to mid 1990's on, I liked when we had Dale and Antonio to go up front with Smits, also liked having 'Woody' and Byron Scott being an addition to the backcourt.
I also liked getting Jax, and Jalen via trade a few years later.

My favorite years were when Larry Brown took over, and then when Larry Bird started coaching.

I love the players and coaching staff we have now, it's amazing to see Reggie still out there after all of these years, but this team is up there on the ranks with a few of the other great Pacers teams we've had, IMO.
Jermaine is my favorite Pacer now, then Reggie. I love having Ron, Al, Jamaal, Jeff, and Fred Jones, as well, although I'm not sure how many more years that will last, from a management\contract standpoint.

Other than that, I'm a big time sports fan, and the Pacers and Colts mean a lot to me.

:twocents:

ROCislandWarrior
01-27-2004, 01:20 AM
kerosene...where do you live in the bay area?

3Ball
01-27-2004, 01:30 AM

Wow. The famous "Justin from Bloomington" posts on my board. Cool! :D

:welcome:

Be sure to post often! You always did have good questions for Mark.

Thanks! That was a really strange experience...Oh, and I was just down here being miserable in San Antonio with no Pacers, and I did a google search. I think you were on page 5....

sixthman
01-27-2004, 02:21 AM
Its nice to find people that realize Reggie wasn't Mr. Clutch for about five or six seasons, in fact he was usually "Mr. Chicken" up to about 1993 (save one forty-footer against Milwaukee when Versace was here.)

That's the way I remember the young Reggie, too. If I hadn't been a Pacers fan, in the early years, I might have called him a skinny prima donna.

Because I got to see Reggie mature over the years and grow into an Indianapolis legend, maybe, that explains why I am generally sympathetic to the problems each of our current young guys has gone thru.

I'm so old I remember when Slick Leonard played for the Minneapolis Lakers.

I also saw the first Pacers game in the ABA at the coliseum with my dad. The next spring in Indy I saw Bobby Kennedy give his famous speech at Broadway Park, the night Martin Luther King, Jr. was shot and killed in Memphis.

I still live in Indy. One of the best times of 2003 for me was taking our three-year-old grandson to a Pacers game. I want the tradition to continue. I doubt he'll remember much about Reggie Miller and Jermaine O'Neal, but I know for sure Boomer and his buddy, Bowser, sure did make a great first impression.

Jose Slaughter
01-27-2004, 03:19 AM
James from Indy.

Lived here all my life, been a fan since the early 70's.

Have an 8 year old that is my world.

Two fantasy teams I spend way too much time on.

Like to hook up with Pacer fans & eat pizza.

I speak partial English.

ppjoey
01-27-2004, 03:26 AM
Wu-Hsi Li, 24 years old from Taipei, Taiwan. I'm a M.S. student in Taiwan University, major: computer science. I become a pacers fan about ten years ago because of Reggie

all-time guest in pacers digest who read every thread but never reply :D (well, in fact, I DID post a few before although my post count is zero) However, I have over 1000 posts in the forum(bbs/telnet system) in Taiwan

I follow most of the pacers game through the audio league pass in NBA.com, and of course, never miss any game when it is televised in Taiwan (11 games this season (MIRACLE!), which is far more than the games in the past few seasons)

(In Taiwan, about 5 NBA games are televised in Taiwan in a week, however, it's always LAKERS-XXX, MAVS-XXX, KINGS-XXX, ROCKETS-XXX(since last year) on the TV :mad: )

I hope one day I can have a trip to Indy and watch several Pacers games before Reggie retires. :)

PaceBalls
01-27-2004, 03:39 AM
starving artist, 28, northside

skyfire
01-27-2004, 03:53 AM
22, Melbourne, Australia, Software Engineering Honours student @ Monash University, 1 semester to go then i'll have to get a job or something....

Been a huge hoops fan for probbly close to 10 years now. My interest in the NBA has been up and down during that period. Been a fanatic of Australia's NBL the whole time (see fave player Brett Maher in avatar) and during the off-season with a lack of bball news I went into withdrawal and started reading nba.com every day. Been a big fan of Reggie since I saw him single handedly destroy the Australian Boomers when he was playing for the Dream Team. I eventually stumbled onto pacersdigest and then my nba addiction got re-inviguerated.

Play online computer games abit, was a member of Australia's best Battlefield 1942 team and am now playing Call of Duty. Have very heated LAN games of NBA Live 2004 with a friend, gawddamn Yao is so tough. Play social basketball twice a week and various other sports but they are all just filler.

dipperdunk
01-27-2004, 04:07 AM
My real name is Joe, I'm 29 years old, Italian, I grew up in South Philly,for those of you that saw the movie Rocky if you remember when Rocky was running through the italian market and the guy threw him a piece of fruit; I grew up about 5 blocks from that location. I currently live in South Jersey about 10 minutes outside of Philly.

I've been a 76ers fan since I was very young when my father took me to my 1st game at the Spectrum we sat behind Dave Zinkoff he was the long time 76ers public address announcer and after the game my father took me down to the exit where the players would leave the stadium(they didn't have private exits for the players then) and I had my picture taken with Toney,Cheeks, Bobby Jones, Iavaroni, Franklin Edwards and Clint Richardson and I just remember being a huge basketball fan since a very young age as my dad would always watch the 76ers every night and I would sit right next to him and never miss a game.

I played 2 seasons of minor league baseball in the Expos organization and didn't have the talent to get all the way to the bigs and currently I deal in sports memorabilia primarily wholesale.

By the way Jay, everytime I would watch Chuck Person with the Pacers I would hope the 76ers would try to make a deal and bring him to Philly :) Person and Barkley were close friends because they both went to Auburn and he would have been a perfect fit for those 76ers teams in the Barkley era he was fearless and he could go on some amazing scoring streaks.

MSA2CF
01-27-2004, 07:21 AM
Can anyone tell me what my username stands for?

MSA2CF
01-27-2004, 08:10 AM
I played 2 seasons of minor league baseball in the Expos organization and didn't have the talent to get all the way to the bigs and currently I deal in sports memorabilia primarily wholesale.

Any of your teammates get called up? Anybody we might know?
Sorry about your luck though. :shakehead:

Ragnar
01-27-2004, 08:14 AM

I would guess MSA is Market square. and maybe a seat designation?

fwpacerfan
01-27-2004, 08:23 AM

I was here for the summer and he talked me into it then. I dont know what I was thinking. :dunce: :shakehead:

At least I get to go down there on occasion. As a matter of fact I am heading to Florida Wednesday. I will miss the Pacer game but thats the only one as I will be back Saturday.

You THINK you are heading out tomorrow! With the weather we're getting you may be here for awhile! You gotta love this Indiana weather.

Ragnar
01-27-2004, 08:26 AM
Oh I am going.

I got up early this morning and ran to Scotts to pick some things up so that the wife would not need to run out while I was gone and man was it fun. At least the grocery store was pretty empty.

I have to thank the engineers for traction controll in this weather.

Willbo
01-27-2004, 09:12 AM
(see fave player Brett Maher in avatar)

Hrmm another Aussie lurker... I didn't realise anyone in the eastern states liked anything about the sixers.....

fwpacerfan
01-27-2004, 09:18 AM
Oh I am going.

I got up early this morning and ran to Scotts to pick some things up so that the wife would not need to run out while I was gone and man was it fun. At least the grocery store was pretty empty.

You know it's bad when you can't see I-69! If it's so bad they can't plow the intersate then you might as well give it up! I'm sure they'll have the runway clear and the rubber bands warm for the propellors on the planes at FWInternational. You are flying aren't you?

obnoxiousmodesty
01-27-2004, 09:27 AM
Neal, 22, senior majoring in History at IU. I've been a Pacers, Colts, and Hoosiers fan as long as I can recall.

MSA2CF
01-27-2004, 09:28 AM

I would guess MSA is Market square. and maybe a seat designation?

Good guess.

You get 1 Scooby Snack. ;)

MarketSquareArena2ConsecoFieldhouse :dance:

Clever, ain't it? :worship:

obnoxiousmodesty
01-27-2004, 09:32 AM
Neal, 22, senior majoring in History at IU. I've been a Pacers, Colts, and Hoosiers fan as long as I can recall.

You taking any history classes this semester? I'm in a couple 300 levels this time around.
Nope, just fulfilling the last of general requirements. Boring semester.

Ragnar
01-27-2004, 09:44 AM
Oh I am going.

You know it's bad when you can't see I-69! If it's so bad they can't plow the intersate then you might as well give it up! I'm sure they'll have the runway clear and the rubber bands warm for the propellors on the planes at FWInternational. You are flying aren't you?

Acutally no I am not. I have to make stops in Nashville and Atlanta so I need to drive. If I have to wait untill noone to leave so be it. The weather will only be bad through Seymore. It is usually not as snowy once you get past the 50 mile marker on I-65 south. By the time I get to Kentucky it will be smooth sailing. But yeah that first part is going to suck big time.

There were two multi car pileups this morning on I-69 according to WOWO.

fwpacerfan
01-27-2004, 09:50 AM
Oh I am going.

Acutally no I am not. I have to make stops in Nashville and Atlanta so I need to drive. If I have to wait untill noone to leave so be it. The weather will only be bad through Seymore. It is usually not as snowy once you get past the 50 mile marker on I-65 south. By the time I get to Kentucky it will be smooth sailing. But yeah that first part is going to suck big time.

There were two multi car pileups this morning on I-69 according to WOWO.

Actually driving may be faster! Take your time though, I'm sure they'll have the roads ok by tomorrow.

Ragnar
01-27-2004, 09:57 AM
If I had to go to four airporst (Atlanta, Nashville, Fort Wayne, and Tampa) I would spend about 12 hours in airports. That is leaving out the flight time! As it is I will spend about 17 hours in the car each way.

I will be very carefull tomorrow morning because that will be the most dangerous part of the trip.

I actually like the drive to Florida and back it is the only time I can really get into an audio book and hear the entire thing. The only bad thing is that no matter what I do (unless I run really late) I am going to be in Atlanta for rush hour tomorrow.

skyfire
01-27-2004, 12:05 PM
(see fave player Brett Maher in avatar)

Hrmm another Aussie lurker... I didn't realise anyone in the eastern states liked anything about the sixers.....

Originally from Adelaide, still a 6ers fan. :dance: :pepper: :dance:

indygeezer
01-27-2004, 01:18 PM
My sig says alot but not all.
Like efx am also a classical guitarist but that doesn't sound redneck enough for a hoosier boy.
Heavily involved in fund-raising for Leader Dogs for the Blind in Rochester Michigan as well as other Lions Club charities. (Am also on the Board for the Indiana Lions Eye Bank).
38 year employee of my 9-5 place.
Root for Michigan and Butler but graduated from an unnamed small college. Raised around Terre Haute area and eventually in country around Greenfield.
Pacer fan since day 1 of the ABA. Remember when Slick left TH to go to IU but just barely.
Anybody ever hear of the Kotsky's ????

ChicagoJ
01-27-2004, 01:39 PM
Also like Jay (I'm assuming), I have a tattered #45 jersey somewhere buried in my closet

Oh, mine is not tattered. I've taken good care of it. :flirt:

indygeezer
01-27-2004, 01:42 PM
Jay

A friend of mine is a CPA with a LARGE firm (Ern..&....)

His name is Jay...am I talking to him???

ChicagoJ
01-27-2004, 01:47 PM
Jay

A friend of mine is a CPA with a LARGE firm (Ern..&....)

His name is Jay...am I talking to him???

Nope. I was at a different firm with a very, very, very long one-word name. Now I'm technically not at a Big 4 firm anymore, but everyone here came from one of the Big 4 when all the "shuffling" (read: Andersen's collapse) in our industry was going on.

Arcadian
01-27-2004, 01:56 PM
Arcadian, 29, live in the LA area.

Despite living in Chicago when the won thier championships and LA for the recent Laker run have always remained loyal to the blue and gold.

Did try to pull for the Clips for a while but that was too frustrating.

UCmaroons
01-27-2004, 02:36 PM
20, from Columbus IN. Going to school at the University of Chicago.

Alabama-Redneck
01-27-2004, 02:38 PM
Name: Rick

Retired Engineer (not locomotive)

Borned and raised in Indy. Lived there 42 years and moved to Oklahoma City (Business)

Lived in OKC 15 years. Retired in 1996.

Moved to Alabama in 1998 and built a home on Lake Guntersville(69,000 acres). I am now living the life of leisure. I am not trying to rub it in but I could not ask for any more than I have unless it would be an NBA Championship by the Pacers.

I play golf and fish year round except when a Pacer game is on. I am also an avid and fairly proficient bowler (208 average).

That is about all I have to say about that. :cool:

ABADays
01-27-2004, 02:45 PM
69 THOUSAND!!!!!!!!!!!!! acres? :o

Alabama-Redneck
01-27-2004, 03:02 PM

Yes, 69,000 acres and it is currently the hottest bass lake in the south.

Bassmasters is having a tournament here Feb. 24-28. They were here in 2001 and had awesome results. Over 2000 bass caught with an average weight of over 3 pounds.

Last year a 14.5 pound bass was caught during a tournament. I love it.

If anyone is ever down here, let me know. If I can't take you out, I can at least show you some "hot spots" on a map.

:dance: :pepper: :cool:

fwpacerfan
01-27-2004, 03:12 PM

Yes, 69,000 acres and it is currently the hottest bass lake in the south.

Bassmasters is having a tournament here Feb. 24-28. They were here in 2001 and had awesome results. Over 2000 bass caught with an average weight of over 3 pounds.

Last year a 14.5 pound bass was caught during a tournament. I love it.

If anyone is ever down here, let me know. If I can't take you out, I can at least show you some "hot spots" on a map.

:dance: :pepper: :cool:

If Hicks can get you a Pacersdigest.com T-shirt will you wear it and get in front of the cameras somehow during the tournament?

dipperdunk
01-27-2004, 03:12 PM
Any of your teammates get called up? Anybody we might know?
Sorry about your luck though. :shakehead:

Yeh, I had a short stint callup to the AA team the Harrisburg Senators of the Eastern League and Vlad Guerrero was on the team. He was a stud then and is still a stud in the majors; he has unbelievable talent. I'm glad he just went to Anaheim because he spent the last 5 seasons absolutely wearing out the Phillies. I think hes batting like .370 lifetime against the Phils.

ABADays
01-27-2004, 03:19 PM

Being one of the elder statesmen on the board - you know I have. I always thought it was spelled Kautsky's though.

ABADays
01-27-2004, 03:28 PM
Yeh, I had a short stint callup to the AA team the Harrisburg Senators

Interesting. When I started my sports travel business the Expos were my first big client. I may have done the ticket to take you to Harrisburg. Did you go from Burlington?

indygeezer
01-27-2004, 03:48 PM

Being one of the elder statesmen on the board - you know I have. I always thought it was spelled Kautsky's though.

Typo on my part...yer right.

BTW...Alabama Redneck has just been added to my "Will Galen..you're a prick" list......do you belong on it too???? (definition...one who is retired and I ain't)

ABADays
01-27-2004, 03:50 PM
No I ain't retired either. Will probably end up working in the fields for Alabama Redneck.

indygeezer
01-27-2004, 04:07 PM
I'd volunteer to drive his boat for him.

:(

waxman
01-27-2004, 04:18 PM
29 years old, born and raised in Goshen, IN..... now live in Phoenix,AZ

BostonConnection
01-27-2004, 04:28 PM
BC, here, posting from the frigid climes of chilly Boston. Bird-era Celtics fan born-again as a Pacers fan not long after Reggie joined the team. (Hey, I tried to become a Pacers fan before then - but there's only so much one can get excited about watching Herb Williams, Kellogg, and Stipo... ;) :D )

Alabama-Redneck
01-27-2004, 04:37 PM
I'd volunteer to drive his boat for him.

:(

Come on down. It is not a big boat, only a 20 ft Bassboat but it is adequate. Fishing is great and the beer is cold or whatever alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverage suits your fancy.

:cool: :buddies: :cheers: :hug:

Anthem
01-27-2004, 04:38 PM
Anthem = Micah

Originally from Indianapolis, I did started Kindergarten and graduate high school from the same building (Lawrence North).

Currently a resident of sunny Las Vegas, Nevada. I'm a technical writer/editor for Bechtel SAIC (the prime contractor for the Yucca Mountain Project).

I'm in basketball hell out here. My wife just started her new job yesterday, so we'll see about getting League Pass. But for now, it's rough. I'll be moving back east in 18 months or so, but then I'll be in Cincinnati, which I understand is blacked out.

ABADays
01-27-2004, 04:45 PM
Anthem = Micah

Originally from Indianapolis, I did started Kindergarten and graduate high school from the same building (Lawrence North).

Currently a resident of sunny Las Vegas, Nevada. I'm a technical writer/editor for Bechtel SAIC (the prime contractor for the Yucca Mountain Project).

I'm in basketball hell out here. My wife just started her new job yesterday, so we'll see about getting League Pass. But for now, it's rough. I'll be moving back east in 18 months or so, but then I'll be in Cincinnati, which I understand is blacked out.

Might you have to resort to Mark and Slick on the radio???? OMG! I think the signal is strong enough for Cincy.

pacerpride
01-27-2004, 05:12 PM
Been a Pacer fan since the late 70's - too young for the ABA glory days. I remember listening to Bob Lamey do the play-by-play on the radio while the Pacers were perennial cellar dwellers.

I'm 36 now. Some of my all-time favorites are Clark Kellogg, Johnny Davis, Billy Knight, Vern Fleming, Chuck Person, Reggie, the Davis boys, and Rik Smits (after his 5th year in the league).

Is anybody old enough around here to remember the 3-2 rule on free throws? I can't recall exactly but after 5-7 fouls within a period, a team got 3 attempts to make 2 free throws. One of those oddball rules that's gone away.

wickedstick
01-27-2004, 05:52 PM
Lets see here, I'm 24 born and raised a pacer fan here in Indy. Currently I'm employed by the state. Yes I'm using your hard earned tax dollars to post here. :devil: Within a few months I'll be taking my Pacer pride down south to Baton Rouge, LA. After a year or so I'll be enrolling at LSU along with my girlfriend who should be in Vet school. I'll still wear my blue and gold in the heart of Hornets country.

able
01-27-2004, 09:40 PM
OK OK, i'll fess up.

Abel, born and raised in the Netherlands, Frysian by birthright,
lived in several countries such as Belgium, USA and currently UK.

Fan since Rik Smits came to play, hung around and supporting the team at a great distance :)

Trying to get to a play-off game, if not this then certainly next year.

relevant? data: 46, 3 ex wifes 2 daughters and a step son, all adults and on their own feet.
owner/director of small ISP company (hosting and dial-up/adsl) and builder of high grade/quality desktop machines and servers (mainly multi-processor servers [2 - 8 processors].

Natston
01-27-2004, 09:59 PM
3 ex wifes

:bowdown:

Doug
01-27-2004, 10:34 PM
I gotta start saving these posts...

Doug. I live in Carmel. Grew up in Illinois. Lived in Detroit (Southfield, actually) for 2 years right out of college. Got transfered to Dallas. Then got sent up here in '91. I worked in Kokomo. Wife worked in Indy. We split the difference and decided to live in Carmel. Work in Indy now. Thank goodness I don't have to make that drive anymore.

Anyway, I wasn't really an NBA fan when I moved here. Got hooked on the Larry Brown Pacer teams - the heart, the hustle. Been an fan ever since - that'll never change. I'm loyal like that.

I'm 38 now, just had a birthday.

Oh, and yes I will modify RoboDoug to work over here. Eventually.

Buddhaboy
01-27-2004, 11:04 PM
I'm Buddhaboy from Manila, the Philippines. I'm 31 years old, married (no kids but we have 11 cats), and am a comedian by profession.

I've been a Pacer fan since about 1998. I've always loved the Davises and, of course, Reggie.

There aren't too many Pacer fans here. I personally know of only two others -- and they're the type who think that Jalen Rose is still with the team. We get an NBA game every day on cable television but since this country just loves the Lakers, I only get to see a Pacer game about once or twice a month.

Before I die, I would love to see a real game at Conseco.

Grant
01-27-2004, 11:57 PM
Grant, 27 - Rochester, NY

Lived my first 16 years in Wisconsin (huge Packers fan), last 7 in Rochester and 4 years in Indy in between.

Somehow in those 4 years I became a huge Pacer fan, and still catch a game in Indy once or twice a year while visiting family.

Netweeny
01-28-2004, 12:26 AM
Dave, 30, live in the land of Lebron (Akron, OH). Grew up in Indy watching the Pacers and Colts.

Fortunately, I'm close enough to Cleveland to get up there to watch the Pacers and Cavs play.

I'm just you friendly neighborhood computer tech by day, and part-time college instructor at night. Makes for some long days......

Merz
01-28-2004, 01:06 AM
Merz, 20 years old. Lived in Indianapolis for 14 years of my life becoming a Pacer fan during the 93-94 season. Live in LaPorte, Indiana which is Chicago Bulls territory :mad:. I've resided in LaPorte for 4 1/2 years now.

Anthem
01-28-2004, 01:07 AM
builder of high grade/quality desktop machines and servers (mainly multi-processor servers [2 - 8 processors].

What OS do you normally build on?

kerosene
01-28-2004, 01:22 AM
kerosene...where do you live in the bay area?

between oakland and san jose. i work in santa clara.
engineer (they won't let just anyone drive a train!), uh, computers.

able
01-28-2004, 07:05 AM
builder of high grade/quality desktop machines and servers (mainly multi-processor servers [2 - 8 processors].

What OS do you normally build on?

Desktop machines as well as servers this is depending on the buyer, DT mostly Windows as people prefer this, for unknown reasons to me :)
I prefer to install a *nix flavor on it :) servers rarely windows, though i have two clients (telco's) that require that stuff and in all honesty it's a pain to maintain and the proc and mem usage on large MSsql dbases is appaling compared to oracle, postgres and so on.
Most want *nix flavors, which i prefer as well, certainly when i do maintenance and or admin on the machine.

indygeezer
01-28-2004, 08:53 AM
and I understood everybit of that :rolleyes:

guess that's why you guys make the big bucks.

Alabama-Redneck
01-28-2004, 03:05 PM
and I understood everybit of that :rolleyes:

guess that's why you guys make the big bucks.

Don't feel bad, I'm still looking for the starter switch on my computer?

:censor: :banghead: :dunce: :disappointed: :cool2:

indygeezer
01-28-2004, 05:14 PM
Dumb redneck ya gotta choke it!!!

Alabama-Redneck
01-28-2004, 05:16 PM
Dumb redneck ya gotta choke it!!!

I really did that too much when I was young!! :blush: :o :D :dance: :pepper:

indygeezer
01-28-2004, 05:37 PM
I meant the computer.

uh...you mean you've quit?

Alabama-Redneck
01-28-2004, 06:09 PM
I meant the computer.

uh...you mean you've quit?

I didn't say that. It's just the meaning of "too much" changes when you get older. :D :dance: :pepper:

SycamoreKen
01-29-2004, 08:35 AM
Ken here.

Grew up in in Elkhart, IN until I was 5, moved to Terre Haute, moved to the bustling burg of Rosedale, IN for 2 years and then back to Terre Haute. Terre Haute North class of '88.

Graduated from ISU in '92, got married in '97, moved to San Antonio in '98, and have not shoveled snow since. I teach 4th grade students.

Grew up a Bird/Celtics fan. Never saw any NBA before then, but did have a red white and blue DR. J. ball. Knew him more from those old Spaulding ads in the back of comic books than from playing the game.

First Pacer memories (remember, I was living in Terre Haute with 3 channels) are from the memorable Celtics/Pacers playoff series where Bird hit his head and then returned to the game. Became interested and jumped on the band wagon then. :pineapple:

Gyron
01-29-2004, 11:15 AM
Gyron

I lived in Kokomo for about 6 years, then moved to Mobile, Alabama for my first two years of college at University of South Alabama, then moved back to Indiana to Evansville to finish college at University of Southern Indiana. Graduated with Marketing Degree. Met my wife while at USI and got married a couple years later.

Moved to Indy(Fishers) then and lived there for 3 years before being transferred for work to Stanley, North Carolina. (Just outside of Charlotte). I am a Marketing Product Manager for a one of the largest consumer products Plastics companies in the world. Weather is great down here most of year and the golf is unbelieveable, but I still miss Indy sometimes.

Became a Pacers fan in the early 90's when I was in High school and have been a dedicated fan ever since.

One day I'm gonna actually have time to sit down and watch the direct ticket. Then Ill put forth the well worth it money for the package. I miss watching the Pacers on tv and seeing them play in person. I moved right before they moved into Conseco so I have never seen the inside of the fieldhouse yet. But one day Im going to come up just for a game.

naptownmenace
01-29-2004, 02:15 PM
I haven't gotten in on this yet. Better late than never, I suppose.

Micah, AKA M. J., age 27. I lived in Indianapolis for the first 22 years of my life and have spent the last 5 years in the NBA barren wasteland known as Cincinnati, Ohio.

I've followed the Pacers since before I can remember (because my Dad would take me to the games) but I didn't become a diehard fan until 1986, after the Ps drafted Chuck Person.

7-Layer Burrito
01-29-2004, 02:20 PM
Mitch Cumstein . . . . .

I know a good Caddyshack reference when I see one. :D

7-Layers of Burrito present, 25 years of age, grew up about 45 minutes north of Terre Haute and currently live on the NW side of that Indianapolis place. Graduated college from USI in E'ville . . . (Did I see another Screaming Eagle here? That's GOT to be a first!) . . . I was also a consultant for that big-4 thingee that collapsed. Now I'm a consultant for one of those other big 4 thingees. Oh and geezer, I know the Jay of whom you speak. :)

Been a big Pacers/Colts/Boilers fan for as long as I can remember, but have religiously devoted myself to the P's since I moved to Indy 3 years ago . . . a large part of that is due to the Star board and now this board. I do go by a different name at the Star board, although I shall keep that to myself for now.

:cool:

Gyron
01-29-2004, 04:26 PM
Woohoo a fellow screaming eagle! woohoo hahaha:) :dance:

USI really wasn't all that bad except it is located in the empty wasteland of a city known as Evansville. (which I still have to visit at least once a year to see inlaw's)

What year did you graduate?

I actually graduated in December '96(started a semester late due to Army reserve Basic and AIT) but walked in May of '97.

7-Layer Burrito
01-29-2004, 04:46 PM
Woohoo a fellow screaming eagle! woohoo hahaha:) :dance:

USI really wasn't all that bad except it is located in the empty wasteland of a city known as Evansville. (which I still have to visit at least once a year to see inlaw's)

What year did you graduate?

I actually graduated in December '96(started a semester late due to Army reserve Basic and AIT) but walked in May of '97.

USI wasn't bad, but you're right about the Ville, it's not the most exciting of places. At least they had a boat where I could donate all my student aid money.

I started in the fall of '97, graduated spring '01. I still visit friends down there every once in a while. Most of them seem to be on the 7 or 8 year plan.

Natston
01-29-2004, 06:32 PM
Woohoo a fellow screaming eagle! woohoo hahaha:) it is located in the empty wasteland of a city known as Evansville. .

Have you seen Vincennes? :unimpressed:

Nick
01-29-2004, 07:18 PM
Ah sorry im kinda late to join the roll call......better late than never right? :D Nick here, 22 year old student at University of Oregon majoring in broadcast journalism, and Pacer fan for over a decade. I dare you to find a bigger Pacer fan in the state. :cool:

kerosene
01-30-2004, 01:21 AM
Here's where we are so far. C'mon, tell us a l'il about yourself; you know you want to...

btowncolt - Bloomington, IN
Hicks - New Castle, IN
Ragnar - Fort Wayne, IN
ABADays - Indianapolis, IN
tseramid - Indianapolis, IN
Stryder - Greenwood, IN
naturallystoned - Vincennes, IN
rabidpacersfan - Bloomington, IN
efx - New York, NY
flying dutchman - Aarhus, Denmark (Gonna Flyyyyy!)
Southside_Pacer - Indianapolis, IN
ROCislandWarrior - Milwaukee, WI
Suaveness - Chicago, IL
Snickers - Virgina
NamShub - Columbus, OH
BayouPacer - New Orleans, LA
fwpacerfan - Fort Wayne, IN
Kstat - Detroit (Rock City), MI
Hoop - Greenwood, IN
Jay@Section222 - Chicago, IL
arkman40 - Marietta, GA (with Indianapolis in his heart)
McClintic Sphere - ???
Roaming Gnome - Indianapolis, IN
Da Hou-hou - San Antonio, TX
MagicRat - Indianapolis, IN
UncleBuck - Conseco Fieldhouse
kerosene - San Francisco Bay Area
burnzone - Muncie, IN
sixthman - Indianapolis, IN
Jose Slaughter - Indianapolis, IN
ppjoey - Taipei, Taiwan
Burtrem Redneck - Indianapolis, IN
skyfire - Melbourne, Australia
dipperdunk - Philadelphia, PA
MSA2CF - ???
Willbo - Australia?
obnoxiousmodesty - Bloomington, IN
indygeezer - Indianapolis, IN
Arcadian - Los Angeles Area
UCmaroons - Chicago, IL
Alabama-Redneck - Fishing on Lake Guntersville, AL
waxman - Phoenix, AZ
BostonConnection - Boston, MA
Anthem - Las Vegas, NV
Pacerboy31 - South Florida
wickedstick - Indianapolis, IN (soon to be in Tiger country like my younger brother)
able - UK (international jet set)
Doug - Carmel, IN
Buddhaboy - Manilla, Philippines
Grant - Rochester, NY
Netweeny - Akron, OH
Merz - LaPorte, IN
Golgac - ???
SycamoreKen - San Antonio, TX
Gyron - Stanley, NC
naptownmenace - Cincinnati, OH
7-Layer Burrito - Indianapolis, IN
Nick - Eugene, OR
Ibernerb - ???

If I'm mistaken on any of these just reply and let me know :D

SycamoreKen
01-30-2004, 01:29 AM
Woohoo a fellow screaming eagle! woohoo hahaha:) it is located in the empty wasteland of a city known as Evansville. .

or Terre Haute? :buddies: :disturbed: :dead: :nerd: :sadbanana:

kerosene
01-30-2004, 01:32 AM
Nothin' like stumbling down Wabash Av. or 7th street... ahh. Wait, nevermind.

Kstat
01-30-2004, 06:27 AM

Terre Haute classifies as a CITY? :laugh:

MagicRat
01-30-2004, 11:19 AM

Here's where we are so far. C'mon, tell us a l'il about yourself; you know you want to...

Snickers - Virgina

The real question is if anyone has ever seen Snickers' Virgina.....

SycamoreKen
01-30-2004, 05:19 PM

Hey, it has more people per square mile than Jacksonville, Ft. Worth, Oklahoma City, Or Kansas City! :champagne:

I'm just not sure why? :sleep:

http://www.demographia.com/db-uscity98.htm

jfisher
01-30-2004, 05:56 PM
[quote="SycamoreKen"]Ken here.

Grew up in in Elkhart, IN until I was 5, moved to Terre Haute, moved to the bustling burg of Rosedale, IN for 2 years and then back to Terre Haute. Terre Haute North class of '88.

Hey Ken, I grew up in Elkhart too-whereabouts did you live??
ANyway, Purdue grad-'84, married in '86, moved to Boston in '88, lived here since.....I'm gonna be 42 in Feburary! Oh yeah, I say this everytime and no one responds so I guess I should take the hint, but I've put out 4 cd's on a defunct Boston lable......of course they suck, but that's not the point. If you want a free one, let me know.John

Stryder
01-30-2004, 10:44 PM
[quote]Ken here.

ANyway, Purdue grad-'84, married in '86, moved to Boston in '88, lived here since.....I'm gonna be 42 in Feburary! Oh yeah, I say this everytime and no one responds so I guess I should take the hint, but I've put out 4 cd's on a defunct Boston lable......of course they suck, but that's not the point. If you want a free one, let me know.John

What type of music did you play?

slyder
01-30-2004, 11:26 PM
born and raised in hicks' hometown
IU graduate 76
schoolteacher
lived and worked in indiana
and central california
now living in southern indiana
pushing 50

SycamoreKen
01-31-2004, 01:41 PM
[quote]Ken here.

The only places I remember were the schools I went to. Concord Elementary then Rice Elementary, which is no longer open. E-Mail or Private message me you address and I'll send you postage for a CD.

In my bio. I left out that I lived in Riley, Indiana after moving from Elkhart.

BostonConnection
01-31-2004, 08:22 PM
I'm Buddhaboy from Manila, the Philippines. I'm 31 years old, married (no kids but we have 11 cats), and am a comedian by profession.

I've been a Pacer fan since about 1998. I've always loved the Davises and, of course, Reggie.

There aren't too many Pacer fans here. I personally know of only two others -- and they're the type who think that Jalen Rose is still with the team. We get an NBA game every day on cable television but since this country just loves the Lakers, I only get to see a Pacer game about once or twice a month.

Before I die, I would love to see a real game at Conseco.

Hey Buddhaboy, is the PBA (Philippine Basketball Association) still real big over there? I visited the Philippines back around '80 or '81, and was surprised to learn how big pro basketball was over there. If I remember right there were some failed/former NBA players in that league, though there were rules regarding how many American players they could have on each team.

BostonConnection
01-31-2004, 08:25 PM

I grew up in Terre Haute. I didn't learn until later that it wasn't common in other cities to have a fishy smell (from one of the local pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities) in the air in the afternoons, despite being nowhere near the sea... :dead:

BostonConnection
01-31-2004, 08:29 PM
Ken here.

SK, I didn't know you went to Terre Haute North. At South we always loved to make fun of those 'Harlem Globetrotter-esque' uniforms (with the red-and-white striped shorts) that the NV basketball players used to wear... :pimp: ;) :D

Natston
01-31-2004, 10:23 PM
Here's what is operating late night in Vincennes

Denny's, Wal-Mart, a couple of fast food places and a bunch of trains. :mad: :(

PHJIndy
01-31-2004, 10:57 PM
I'm a 60 year old, young at heart, sports fan. I especially love auto racing and hockey, but living in Indiana you must like and follow basketball. I was lucky enough to see the first Pacer game in 1967 and have seen many in person and on the tele since. I really enjoy high school sports, especially football and basketball, and attend most of the games of my alma mater, Cathedral.

SycamoreKen
02-01-2004, 09:27 AM
Ken here.

SK, I didn't know you went to Terre Haute North. At South we always loved to make fun of those 'Harlem Globetrotter-esque' uniforms (with the red-and-white striped shorts) that the NV basketball players used to wear... :pimp: ;) :D

We didn't have the striped shorts by the time I got there. They did bring back the striped warm up pants after I left though. :pepper:

cramerica
02-01-2004, 01:25 PM
cramerica.

From Plainfield, IN till I was 18. Joined the Air Force.
Lived in Abilene, TX for 4 years until I was 23
Now I live in Tucson, AZ.

I do Network Security for our base network.

Been following the Pacers since I can remember.

kerosene
02-02-2004, 12:20 AM
Hicks - New Castle, IN
Ragnar - Fort Wayne, IN
Stryder - Greenwood, IN
efx - New York, NY
Suaveness - Chicago, IL
Snickers - Virgina
NamShub - Columbus, OH
Hoop - Greenwood, IN
McClintic Sphere - ???
burnzone - Muncie, IN
ppjoey - Taipei, Taiwan
MSA2CF - ???
Willbo - Australia?
UCmaroons - Chicago, IL
waxman - Phoenix, AZ
Anthem - Las Vegas, NV
wickedstick - Indianapolis, IN
Doug - Carmel, IN
Grant - Rochester, NY
Netweeny - Akron, OH
Merz - LaPorte, IN
Golgac - ???
Gyron - Stanley, NC
Nick - Eugene, OR
Ibernerb - ???
jfisher - Boston, MA
slyder - Southern Indiana
PHJIndy - Indianapolis, IN
cramerica - Tuscon, AZ

Achilles98
02-02-2004, 10:37 PM
25 yo lurker
dental student at IU Indy--graduate in 3 months hopefully?!?!
Besides four years at the Univ of Houston, I've lived in Indy my entire life. Been a colts/pacers fan since I was a kid.

I love sushi.

I play poker (texas/omaha hold'em).

If you know any cool places to eat sushi or play poker, or better yet do both :D please let me know!! The closest poker room I've found is down in Louisville. My current favorite sushi joint is Asaka and it's sushi happy hour ($1/piece) :pepper: :dance:

flying dutchman
02-03-2004, 12:53 PM
[quote="Achilles98"]I play poker (texas/omaha hold'em).
quote]

I only play strippoker!! :eyebrow: :bowdown: :dance: :pepper:

Booger
02-04-2004, 02:00 PM
Dudley Dawson. Aka 7-Layer Burrito. Couldn't get logged back in under that name, so I have officially switched. Kind of like this one better anyway.

See my post on page 5 of this thread for more info.

Natston
02-04-2004, 03:42 PM
Dudley Dawson. Aka 7-Layer Burrito. Couldn't get logged back in under that name, so I have officially switched. Kind of like this one better anyway.

We missed the good karma threads... :flirt:

Booger
02-04-2004, 03:45 PM

Heh, it looks like Shade did a good job picking up the slack. We definitely need to keep those around. I think the Knicks thread got jinxed by another thread yesterday . . . :mad:

Natston
02-04-2004, 03:51 PM

Heh, it looks like Shade did a good job picking up the slack. We definitely need to keep those around. I think the Knicks thread got jinxed by another thread yesterday . . . :mad:

MSA2CF was the culprit I believe :neutral:

bmac
02-04-2004, 04:19 PM
Hey fellas,
Familiar with many of you from Indy Star, heard that you were having issues w/your server so I decided to stop on by. Originally I'm from Goshen, Indiana but I've been everywhere...most recently Asheville, NC. Anyhooo....

Ragnar
02-04-2004, 05:12 PM
heard that you were having issues w/your server so I decided to stop on by.

Where do you get that from? Is anyone else having problems getting into the site? It works great for me.

Hicks
02-04-2004, 05:13 PM

Where do you get that from? Is anyone else having problems getting into the site? It works great for me.

I'd guess he's referring to the other week.

Ragnar
02-04-2004, 05:46 PM
ahh just a few weeks late. must be a slow grapevine.

kerosene
02-05-2004, 01:43 AM
Hicks - New Castle, IN
Ragnar - Fort Wayne, IN
Stryder - Greenwood, IN
efx - New York, NY
Suaveness - Chicago, IL
Snickers - Virgina
NamShub - Columbus, OH
Hoop - Greenwood, IN
McClintic Sphere - ???
burnzone - Muncie, IN
ppjoey - Taipei, Taiwan
MSA2CF - ???
Willbo - Australia?
UCmaroons - Chicago, IL
waxman - Phoenix, AZ
Anthem - Las Vegas, NV
Doug - Carmel, IN
Grant - Rochester, NY
Netweeny - Akron, OH
Merz - LaPorte, IN
Golgac - ???
Gyron - Stanley, NC
Nick - Eugene, OR
Ibernerb - ???
jfisher - Boston, MA
cramerica - Tuscon, AZ
Achilles98 - Bloomington, IN
PacerMan - Ft. Wayne, IN
Booger - Tri-Lam House, IN
bmac - Asheville, NC

bmac
02-05-2004, 11:10 AM

You got it. I was lurking on Indystar and was less than impressed w/the P's board so I cruised on over but this board was down.

Ragnar
02-05-2004, 11:58 AM

You got it. I was lurking on Indystar and was less than impressed w/the P's board so I cruised on over but this board was down.

Ahh well welcome back sorry we were out for a bit there. But now thanks to the great and wise able we are up for what should be for good.

RioBravo
02-08-2004, 12:29 PM
Grew up in Speedway. Westfield is the current home.

gb

NCPacer
02-08-2004, 05:01 PM
Grew up in Morristown, IN. Now living in High point, NC. Follow Pacers and Colts via NBA league pass, NFL packages.

ChicagoJ
02-10-2004, 04:57 PM
Grew up in Morristown, IN. -snip-

Then I'll welcome you with Jay's_Mom@Section222's favorite cheer from when she was growing up in Fountaintown/ attending Morristown:

"Shelbyville, Shelbyville, your 'It'!
'SH' for Shelbyville
'IT' for It!"

:D

kerosene
02-11-2004, 01:54 AM
Hicks - New Castle, IN
Ragnar - Fort Wayne, IN
Stryder - Greenwood, IN
efx - New York, NY
Suaveness - Chicago, IL
Snickers - Virgina
NamShub - Columbus, OH
Hoop - Greenwood, IN
McClintic Sphere - ???
burnzone - Muncie, IN
ppjoey - Taipei, Taiwan
MSA2CF - ???
Willbo - Australia?
UCmaroons - Chicago, IL
waxman - Phoenix, AZ
Anthem - Las Vegas, NV
Doug - Carmel, IN
Grant - Rochester, NY
Netweeny - Akron, OH
Merz - LaPorte, IN
Golgac - ???
Gyron - Stanley, NC
Nick - Eugene, OR
Ibernerb - ???
jfisher - Boston, MA
cramerica - Tuscon, AZ
Achilles98 - Indianapolis, IN
PacerMan - Ft. Wayne, IN
bmac - Asheville, NC
RioBravo - Westfield, IN
NCPacer - High Point, NC

Pig Nash
02-14-2004, 01:42 PM
Live in Indy. Love the Pacres. Nuff said

kerosene
02-15-2004, 12:19 AM
Hicks - New Castle, IN
Ragnar - Fort Wayne, IN
Stryder - Greenwood, IN
efx - New York, NY
Suaveness - Chicago, IL
Snickers - Virgina
NamShub - Columbus, OH
Hoop - Greenwood, IN
McClintic Sphere - ???
burnzone - Muncie, IN
ppjoey - Taipei, Taiwan
MSA2CF - ???
Willbo - Australia?
UCmaroons - Chicago, IL
waxman - Phoenix, AZ
Anthem - Las Vegas, NV
Doug - Carmel, IN
Grant - Rochester, NY
Netweeny - Akron, OH
Merz - LaPorte, IN
Golgac - ???
Gyron - Stanley, NC
Nick - Eugene, OR
Ibernerb - ???
jfisher - Boston, MA
cramerica - Tuscon, AZ
PacerMan - Ft. Wayne, IN
bmac - Asheville, NC
RioBravo - Westfield, IN
NCPacer - High Point, NC
Pig Nash - Indianapolis, IN

MSA2CF
02-15-2004, 11:57 AM
MSA2CF - ???

Wherever there are pennies being dropped, I'll be there.

Wherever someone drops their ticket stub, I'll be there.

Wherever Reggie Miller plays, I'll be there.

bapspacers4life
07-14-2004, 02:41 PM
i live in Broad ripple aka indy go Pacers!!!:dance::pepper:

Miller_time04
07-14-2004, 02:42 PM
Live in Martinsville, Indiana just moved from Florida about a month ago..I have been a Pacer fan for about 10 years also a big time Colts fan.

Zesty
07-14-2004, 02:47 PM
Ah, cool thread. I didn't join PD until this thread was many, many pages back, apparently, so I've never seen it.

I'm a 25 y/o freshman at IUPUI (just started this past fall) majoring in Computer Information Systems, which is essentially a computer science degree with a strong business background thru the Kelley school. I'm going to school at night since I work full time M-F as the office manager at a small construction/engineering company. I live on the southside of Indy with my fiancee and our two cats, and like playing basketball, playing video games, and always trying to learn new things.

Dukins
07-14-2004, 02:48 PM
Live in Indianapolis.:boomer:

MSA2CF
07-14-2004, 03:25 PM
....with my fiancee...

Congrats! :cheers:

Doug in CO
07-14-2004, 03:37 PM
I live in Monroe, CT - my wife thought it would be a good idea to move here - I still don't think so as I was born and raised in Indy.

SkipperZ
07-14-2004, 03:39 PM
im from new york and i am awesome.

Ultimate Frisbee
07-14-2004, 03:43 PM
Hi,

I am 22 and currently reside in Indianapolis until deciding what I want to do with my life (I just graduated from John Carroll University in Cleveland, OH). I could possibly be going for a Ph.D. in Chemistry at the California Institute of Technology in Pasadena, CA in the fall... otherwise I will probably stay here (at least partially due to my love of the Pacers :)

Thanks,

Matt Kelley

bulletproof
07-14-2004, 03:45 PM
Here in Los Angeles, California humping the American dream.

Zesty
07-14-2004, 05:00 PM
....with my fiancee...

Thanks. We've been together for six years this month, just got engaged about three weeks ago.

Will Galen
07-14-2004, 05:05 PM
....with my fiancee...

Thanks. We've been together for six years this month, just got engaged about three weeks ago.

She finally poped the question, huh? ;)

Zesty
07-14-2004, 05:21 PM
:laugh: I got tired of having my arm twisted. ;)

PacerMan
07-14-2004, 05:29 PM
Indy resident. Too old - sometimes crotchity. Name says it all. Been a fan since the first game ever played. Well, the first Pacer game anyway ( :rolleyes: smartasses). Career in sports on the professional and international level.

In what area?

Roaming Gnome
07-14-2004, 05:35 PM
Roaming Gnome checking in....

MSA2CF
07-14-2004, 05:56 PM
....with my fiancee...

She finally poped the question, huh? ;)

:therock: Zesty, do you live in the Vatican?

:p

Kid Minneapolis
07-14-2004, 08:26 PM
Well, contrary to my username, I'm not from anywhere close to Minneapolis. Watch the "Naked Gun" series to learn about the origin of my username and don't ask me why I chose it because I have no clue.

I live in Columbus, IN, I'm going to be 26 years old in a month, and I just got married May 29th to my girlfriend/fiancee of 5 years. I'm a computer technology major, and I currently make dynamic ASP-based web sites for a local branch of an international corporation. I'm a computer and fantasy geek, and I play an online game called EverQuest about 40 hours a week as my main hobby. Yep, I love Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter and all those comic book-based movies... geek with a capital G.

Been a Pacer fan since I was young.. prob when Reggie was battling the Magic-version of Shaq in the playoffs.

Terrymo
07-14-2004, 09:22 PM
I'm Terry, 50 yr. old grandma from Kokomo. I've been a Pacers fan since 1994. I'm also sad to see that I could have changed almost everyone's diapers on this forum!!
I'm a sales merchandiser for a small company, anybody know of a better job to be had out there?:)

McThugg
07-15-2004, 01:08 AM
i am 28 from indy and been a fan as long as i can remember

geetee
07-15-2004, 03:34 AM
Hi, I graduated from Center Grove in 80. Lived in Texas for 8 years and now in Oregon for 14. Have followed the Pacers since I was in grade school.

When I'm not watching the P's kicking ***, I can be found riding my mountain bike, hanging with my family, reading Pacers Digest or hacking away at the golf course. Life is good! :pepper:

Peck
07-15-2004, 04:41 AM

I didn't even know you liked Dusty Rhodes.:dance:

ABADays
07-15-2004, 06:48 AM

In what area?

Just about done it all - administration, travel, public relations and promotions, scouting and player development.

indygeezer
07-15-2004, 07:40 AM
Geezer here

Pacer fan since day 1. Used to get free $4.00 tix to see em from Hubler Chevy on southside...had season tix for awhile. That was back when my 9-5 allowed us to buy em interest free and payroll deduct the price over the course of 12 monts. Wish they still did THAT!!!

2 sons in their mid to late 30's went to Center Grove (one ended up playing bball for Martinsville HS for 1 year...long story. And then there is Geezer Jr (now 14) and Gezzerette (11). And the grandsons (one older than Geezerette).

Raised in the Terre Haute-Linton-Brazil triangle until Jr Hi when I became a Hancock County resident.

Post here way too much for the wife, but then I don't like idiotic tv programs...like she and the youngsters watch.

RWB
07-15-2004, 08:12 AM
RWB here and for some reason the wife goes by Mrs. RWB. Live in the country northwest of Terre Haute and south of the sprawling town of Clinton. Geezer and I were cajoined twins but we were separated at brith. He never calls or goes to the parties but I've seen him in person and he looks normal except for the big scar. :laugh:

PHC Fan
07-15-2004, 09:39 AM
PacersHoosiersColts Fan, live on the NE side of Indy. I've been a fan since 1989-90 when I decided to branch out to rooting for Indiana's pro basketball team along with my fav college team.

MagicRat
07-15-2004, 09:47 AM

I didn't even know you liked Dusty Rhodes.:dance:

:laugh:

Well, how could you not?......
http://www.wrestlingonline.com/cwfmemories/galleries/rm/1/images/Dusty%20Rhodes.jpg

tseramid
07-15-2004, 10:07 AM
Tseramid here...

My nickname came from an obscure character from a PC game called Ultima VII. Here's the oddity of it, though...I've been mispelling the name of the character for 5 years and never knew it until a couple of months ago when someone called me on it. I went back and looked it up, and sure enough he was right. Since I am used to typing it this way I never changed it.

I was a software engineer for 5 years in the C++ realm until everyone started outsourcing. After a year of picking up a job only to get laid off again and again, I have changed careers to the wonderful world of Real Estate and am scrapping for every penny that I can get. If anyone can help a fellow Pacer fan, please let me know.

BillS
07-15-2004, 10:46 AM
I must have missed this roll call back in February

BillS, stuck in the basketball Hell that is Atlanta Georgia - where if it ain't the SEC it ain't college football.

Originally from various places around central Indiana, from 5th grade on I was in Danville just west of Indy. Dad is from Brazil IN, Mom was from Terre Haute.

Remember seeing the Pacers play during the first season and haven't looked back, even after moving down here in 1984.

Long time member of the Other Forum but came here this season when it became clear that threads in the Other Forum were becoming two good comments and degenerate into insults.

Discovered my wife liked basketball (though she hated watching it on TV) during the Pacers' playoff run in 1994 and converted her to a Pacers fan due mostly to the sweet shot of Reggie Miller.

Johnny
07-17-2004, 12:19 AM
My first post!!

I am a 29 year old Cost Accountant. I know, real exciting:unimpressed: I graduated from Indiana University East in 2000. I have been roaming this board for a couple of weeks, and I love it:p Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Johnny

sweabs
07-17-2004, 12:36 AM
I'm a History student at the University of Western Ontario. I'm turning 19 in November...(that's right...I did my first year in University at age 17 and legal drinking age is 19...embarassing).

Anyway, I've been a Pacer fan since I first watched Reggie play which was 1995 against the Knicks of course. I usually try to attend 4-5 Pacer games a year, and last year made the trip to Conseco which was every bit worth the costs. Hopefully I can get down there for the upcoming season to see Reggie play one last time in Conseco.

Merz
07-17-2004, 02:42 AM
Merz, from Indy now residing in LaPorte, IN.
Pretty much just a lurker

I'm 20 years old, I'll 21 in October

Jose Slaughter
07-18-2004, 03:43 AM
Hicks - New Castle, IN
Ragnar - Fort Wayne, IN
Stryder - Greenwood, IN
efx - New York, NY
Suaveness - Chicago, IL
Snickers - Virgina
NamShub - Columbus, OH
Hoop - Greenwood, IN
McClintic Sphere - ???
burnzone - Muncie, IN
ppjoey - Taipei, Taiwan
MSA2CF - ???
Willbo - Australia?
UCmaroons - Chicago, IL
waxman - Phoenix, AZ
Anthem - Las Vegas, NV
Doug - Carmel, IN
Grant - Rochester, NY
Netweeny - Akron, OH
Merz - LaPorte, IN
Golgac - ???
Gyron - Stanley, NC
Nick - Eugene, OR
Ibernerb - ???
jfisher - Boston, MA
cramerica - Tuscon, AZ
PacerMan - Ft. Wayne, IN
bmac - Asheville, NC
RioBravo - Westfield, IN
NCPacer - High Point, NC
Pig Nash - Indianapolis, IN
bapspacers4life - Indianapolis, IN
Miller_time04 - Martinsville, IN
Zesty - Indianapolis, IN
Dukins - Indianapolis, IN
recap - Indianapolis, IN
Doug in CT - Mpnroe, CT
SkipperZ - New York
vapacersfan - Fairfax County, VA
ILovethePacers - Indianapolis, IN
bulletproof - Los Angeles, CA
BabbleOn - Detroit, MI
Kid Minneapolis - Columbus, IN
Terrymo - Kokomo, IN
McThugg - Indianapolis, IN
geetee - OR
RWB - Terre Haute, IN
PHC Fan - Indianapolis, IN
tseramid
BillS - Atlanta, GA
Johnny
rscarey - Ontario, Canada

Mourning
07-18-2004, 07:44 AM
Ok, well I'm a 28-year old Dutchman.

I'm momentarily single (:blush:) and work at a judicial proces-server firm in Utrecht (central part of the country about 50-60km south of Amsterdam) as an administrative employee, I'm about to lead my own small unit in about a year and a halve if our growth continous at the present rate, so will move up significantly in this small but growing organisation.

Before doing this I studied political Science for a year as a 2nd course (made it) and two years of history (as my 1st course), which I loved, but which has worse career options than I had ever imagined before starting it:mad::(. In other words I didnt want to become a school teacher and I know I'm not talented enough to finish top 5 of an 100+ class to go to an institute as a researcher.

I love reading about international affairs, security analysis, military and political history, military technology and about everything that touches these topics/subjects.

I also love watching a "good" movie, the plot/story is what matters most, I dont care too much for special effects mostly (there are notable exceptions such as the Lord of the Rings-trilogy forinstance).

Music is another of my "what would life look like without it???:cry:"-things. I'm a die-hard U2 fan since I was about 14 when the Achtung Baby album came out, been to several concerts of 'em. Colplay and Travis are my other two favorite bands (again several concerts), but generally I have a pretty broad choice of music, ranging from classical to Trancehouse and some UK garage.

My main interest is basketball though [surprise, surprise]. Have been playing on little courts and in schoolbrakes since whenever I can remember. Started following the NBA shortly after Rik Smits joined the Pacers. Quickly turned into a fan, which is hard if you only get 5 minutes a week of NBA on national TV (spread on ALL teams:D) and you have to wake up at 4:30 AM to watch "This week in the NBA" in the middle of the week on CNN.
Somehow managed to follow the team in years, previous to when the Internet became available to us (1995), Reggie killing the Knicks and Rik hitting that shot against Orlando in the play-offs (1994?).

Only been playing bball at clublevel for 5 years now, but I can say with a straight face Im still improving and getting more important to my team with each year, which I take pride in.

Other hobbies include lying down on a matras in the sun with a good book, some music and something nice to drink and eat all within handsreach.

Regards,

Mourning:cool:

indygeezer
07-18-2004, 09:56 AM
RWB here and for some reason the wife goes by Mrs. RWB. Live in the country northwest of Terre Haute and south of the sprawling town of Clinton. Geezer and I were cajoined twins but we were separated at brith. He never calls or goes to the parties but I've seen him in person and he looks normal except for the big scar. :laugh:

Yeah? Well what about your scar??? And that telephone rings on both ends ya know.

<BTW, mom always liked me best>

JOneal7
07-18-2004, 03:17 PM
Well See it's like this...Not only am I the most fanatical Poster on the boards I am going to soon be dubbed THE BIGGEST PACER FAN. I turn 19 In a few days (july 20) And Am Currently about to start school soon. I Am most famous for my unreal collection of pacers stuff. And my indianapolis star appearance.
I spend a decent ammount of time on here...but it's hard to keep up sometimes. lol

JOneal7
07-18-2004, 03:27 PM
oh yeah, and I'm From orlando Fl...But i'm moving to indiana in november! :-D!

RimBender
07-18-2004, 04:42 PM
17-year-old Senior-to-be now stationed in Fort Knox, Kentucky. Originally from Owensboro, Kentucky and moving back there soon. I know Indiana and Kentucky are big state rivals in college sports (Kentucky won the Kentucky-Indiana High School All Star game earlier this year in Owensboro), but Kentucky has no pro teams yet, so I'll go with the Pacers untill KY gets one.

Go JBender.....

Vicious Tyrant
07-19-2004, 12:24 PM
Hi All,

I just joined last week, nice to be here. I'm down here in Bloomington. This seems like a good board. Of course, July isn't really prime bball time, but maybe I'll know some of you a little better when the season rolls around.

Been a P fan since college. My junior year I remember getting excited when a friend told me the Pacers drafted Reggie. Then I got really let down when he said it was Reggie Miller instead of Reggie Williams, who I thought would be a star (Anyone remember Reggie and the Miracles at Georgetown?). Guess that shows how much I know...

Anyway, nice to be here!

LAPacer
07-19-2004, 12:31 PM
27-year-old father to a 1 week old. Haven't posted much recently since I haven't been getting any sleep. Grew up in Indy, moved to Cali 5 years ago.

MSA2CF
07-19-2004, 12:32 PM
27-year-old father to a 1 week old. Haven't posted much recently since I haven't been getting any sleep. Grew up in Indy, moved to Cali 5 years ago.

ChicagoJ
08-11-2004, 04:40 PM
:bump: 'ed because of Vicious Tyrant's request.

A-Train
08-11-2004, 04:50 PM
I missed this the first time around, but I'm still checkin' in.

Getting ready to move the family from Los Angeles to North Carolina next week, so I'll be able to see the Pacers whup up on the Bobcats!

BigDawg44
08-11-2004, 06:24 PM
Mac, Saint Simons Island GA, Senior in HS, hopefully this time next year I will be enrolled at Butler. I have been a Pacer/Colt/Hoosier lover since 1986 (year i was born). I have grown to love them Georgia Bulldogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO DAWGS! Going to the Georgia Florida game this year for the first time!!!!!!

NumberSeven
08-11-2004, 07:12 PM
Mike, here.

NumberSeven is my "handle" because that was my son's number in football and baseball the year I first joined the IndyStar message forum.

I remember the days the curtains were dropped around the upper sections of MSA due to poor attendance. The signs the crowd would weild: "We want Ralph." Didn't get him.

I remember the days of the big white stiffs: Gray, Dreiling, Stipo... loved them all.

I remember the day of the MSA draft party when Reggie was chosen over Steve and the whole crowd booed.

I remember Herbie and Clark (Special K -- one of my favorites).

Tisdale's smile.

Granny's bald head and the way he held the ball at arm's length to ward off defenders.

The Rifleman's arrogance and determination against the Celts.

Don and Billy: two of the first NBA Pacer All-Stars.

Vern. I had a friend of mine during high school who would always pretend to be Vern when we were playing ball in the driveway.

I miss those days.

I am glad Reggie is still with us, but I hate the fact his better days are behind him. I hope the Pacer brass can always give him, at least, the last spot on the Pacer bench and never let him retire. The twelfth man never plays anyway, does he? They can always keep him on the IR. I mean Damon had the best seats in the world for NBA games and never played a minute for Pacers. They can let Reggie ride for a couple years, can't they?

I am glad Alford never played for the Pacers -- his reputation as a Hoosier collegiate would have been tarnished. Ditto, Bailey.

I would have liked to have seen Calbert as a Pacer though. Even Alan. I am glad Randy had the chance.

I loved Haywood, the Davis boys, and especially Rik. Gives me goosebumps when the camera shows Rik on the overhead scoreboard and the crowd cheers for him.

Grant Hill's first game at MSA was also my son's first game at MSA.

Versace's hair. Ha. I always thought about cotton candy when I saw his hair.

The playoff series against Orlando when in a matter of seconds Shaw, then Reggie, then Penny, then the Dutchman hit clutch shots for an eventual Pacer victory. "He hits, he hits!!!"

I remember one of the few Laker games I was able to see at MSA and Kareem fouled out. He wasn't happy, the crowd was ecstatic. Small victory, but you take what you can get.

I believe Peck asked in a thread he started about the common fan. I believe the common fan is one that may have an actual memory, an actual care about the players, the setting, the fun that our blue and gold can give to us. May not matter the financial affluence, whether the tickets were given to you or purchased by you, or even how many games are personally attended.

I am a fan.

My name is Mike.

Vicious Tyrant
08-11-2004, 07:33 PM
Eeep. I'm a doofus. I even posted in this thread a couple weeks ago and just forgot about it.

I blame it on my vacation last week. I had to go up to Chicago and deal with traffic and a$$holes everywhere. My four month old son didn't sleep well and still isn't caught up, so of course my wife and I didn't sleep well and we're not caught up. I'm still not back to my normal self. I hope my other thread just floats down to oblivion peacefully.

Thanks Jay.

Great post 7. Back in the days of the white stiffs, my friends and I would drive down from Marion and get $7 seats on the lower level behind the basket. We'd make signs that said "2 for Stu" and make a big scene. Sounds kind of stupid now, but we had a blast at the old MSA.

I also like your definition of a fan.

Vicious Tyrant
08-11-2004, 07:36 PM
Stipo, count me in your club of people who were too into the Pacers at one point. I got rid of cable a couple years back for that very reason. If I watched a Colts or Pacers game and they lost, I was aggravated to distraction for at least two days. Marriage and parenthood makes you examine that kind of thinking. Its really hard to combine the two. Plus you have to go to work and be able to pretend like you're working.....

Joel
08-11-2004, 08:01 PM
My name is Joel and I'm a HUGE Kings fan. I run the best Kings site on the net, KingsTalk.com (http://www.kingstalk.com).

I think the Pacers have a great core to their team, but really need to get a better PG. (Offers for Bobby Jackson are being accepted)

I'm an IT professional working for Computer Sceinces Corporation. I enjoy playing the piano, working on websites, movies, etc... etc... etc...

Anyhow, this looks like a great and active site. Hicks has done a really nice job. I'll be around throughout the season.

Unclebuck
08-11-2004, 08:37 PM
17-year-old Senior-to-be now stationed in Fort Knox, Kentucky. Originally from Owensboro, Kentucky and moving back there soon. I know Indiana and Kentucky are big state rivals in college sports (Kentucky won the Kentucky-Indiana High School All Star game earlier this year in Owensboro), but Kentucky has no pro teams yet, so I'll go with the Pacers untill KY gets one.

Go JBender.....

Surprised you are only 17 years old. Just goes to show you that you can't judge a persons age by their posting and writing style.

Joel
08-11-2004, 08:46 PM
Kids are sharp today. I have a 16 year old at my site that writes articles for me and does them as well as any sports writer. He has a site of his own too at throwitdown.net (http://www.throwitdown.net).

ChicagoJ
08-11-2004, 10:12 PM
Eeep. I'm a doofus. I even posted in this thread a couple weeks ago and just forgot about it.

I blame it on my vacation last week. I had to go up to Chicago and deal with traffic and a$$holes everywhere. My four month old son didn't sleep well and still isn't caught up, so of course my wife and I didn't sleep well and we're not caught up. I'm still not back to my normal self. I hope my other thread just floats down to oblivion peacefully.

Thanks Jay.

Great post 7. Back in the days of the white stiffs, my friends and I would drive down from Marion and get $7 seats on the lower level behind the basket. We'd make signs that said "2 for Stu" and make a big scene. Sounds kind of stupid now, but we had a blast at the old MSA.

I also like your definition of a fan.

Even though I spent 4.5 years in Upland and even lived in Marion for a few months after graduation, I swear that I haven't met the Tyrant and I did absolutely nothing to ruin his recent trip to Chicago. :cool:

Granville
08-11-2004, 11:15 PM
38-year-old vice president of communications. Two boys, ages 7 and 4. The oldest is becoming a huge Pacers fan. Indiana State grad.

I remember falling asleep at night listening to the Pacers play the Utah Stars in the playoffs.

User name is a tribute to Granville Waiters.

TRich
08-12-2004, 09:57 AM
25 year old Aussie living in London, UK. Was just a general follower of the NBA until the Reggie v Spike battles got my attention. Since then, Pacers all the way. Managed a couple of trips to New York, Boston and Toronto where I caught a few games live, but never a Pacers game. On the to do list.

Work in the betting industry, so keeping up with sport is part of the job. Main passions are basketball and Australian Football. Getting very good at following my favourite teams from afar :sad:

Been a lurker the last couple of months, but will try to get a bit more involved from now on in all things Pacer :cool:

T-Rich

Vicious Tyrant
08-12-2004, 10:06 AM
Wait a minute...Jay, you lived in Upland???? That's my hometown! Is there a way to do a private message here? Why were you in Upland? Were you involved at Taylor somehow? My dad works there, and I can't think of much other reason why someone would live in Upland.....

ChicagoJ
08-12-2004, 10:13 AM
Yeah, I'm a Taylor grad.

There's a PM function in the "User Area".

naptown
08-12-2004, 10:17 AM
Hi, my name is Nap and I'm an alc.....uh, sorry, forgot what forum I was on.

Anyway, I am 36 and have a 9 year old daughter that I am a proud single parent of. Have had full custody for 7 wonderful years now.

I have 2 jobs. One is semi-full-part time. I am on call Mon-Fri from 8 A.M. to 7 P.M. If I work 2 hours I still get paid my full time salary. If I work 40 I get the same pay. Gotta love it!! I also operate a small business out of my home. PC repair and custom PC building. I also do on-site repair and home networking etc.

I love pro and college BBall and football. I enjoy PCs, reading, hiking, camping, fishing, travel, storms but most of all I just love hanging out with my kid. She is the best.

DrBadd01
08-12-2004, 12:47 PM
From: Cedar City, Utah, Home of the Southern Utah University Thunderbirds. I am a Senior who will be graduating in May in Theater Arts w/ a minor in Political Science.

As for the future, I will graduate, and then work myself toward the Film Graduate School of my choice. In a couple of years you may see my name on Movie posters, under the Directed by slot.

bread
08-12-2004, 12:57 PM
Formerly known as Pacerboy31.

Lurked here for months since my last post and decided to create a new handle for the new-look forum. :cool: BTW, I really like the new look. If I could make one suggestion though... is there any way to put a button at the bottom of each thread page that will take you back to the main page? If there's a way to do it already I guess I'm to dumb to find it.:dunce:

I don't post too much because big brother is always watching here at my job. In fact yesterday they just banned the fishing forum I always lurked on. :mad::sadbanana:

McKeyFan
08-12-2004, 02:42 PM
Yo.

GO!!!!!
08-12-2004, 10:53 PM
GO!!!!!
Checking in

Revamped and polished and free from the surpressing hell of communistic work

Pacersno1 is back !!!