PDA

View Full Version : Kobe still wants to be traded? AGAIN???

Trader Joe
05-31-2007, 08:32 PM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/46315/20070531/bryant_again_says_he_wants_out/

The Los Angeles Times -
After saying that he wanted to be traded on ESPN Radio early yesterday, and then seemingly retracting that demand later in the day, Kobe Bryant (http://www.realgm.com/src_playerfile/155/kobe_bryant/) spoke to The Los Angeles Times late in the afternoon yesterday and said he still wanted off the Lakers.

At 5:27 PM, Bryant affirmed his first position as stated on the air yesterday morning.

"Nothing's changed," Bryant said. "It's just a matter of I don't want to go no place else. I don't have much of a choice. When things like this go down, you just sit back. What can I do? It's like a broken record."

When asked if he still wanted to be traded, Bryant reportedly expressed no hesitation or doubt in quickly answering "Yes."

I'm so confused...:confused:

Jermaniac
05-31-2007, 08:34 PM
So this is the 3rd time he has asked for a trade and 2 times he has said he doesnt want to get traded. I expect another I dont want to be traded thing later on today.

Robobtowncolt
05-31-2007, 08:35 PM
Pretty simple. Kobe wants to be on a brand new Lakers team that has no history or relation to the old one but he can still retire a Laker while not playing for the original Lakers without actually having to ever leave the team he's currently on.

avoidingtheclowns
05-31-2007, 08:35 PM
i really hope that there is some deal where tinsley, kobe and artest are all traded to the same team. how about the knicks???

Trader Joe
05-31-2007, 08:36 PM
I think at this point you have to start seriously considering the possibility of Kobe Bryant suffering from Bi-Polar disorder and I am 100% serious.

Shade
05-31-2007, 08:41 PM
I think at this point you have to start seriously considering the possibility of Kobe Bryant suffering from Bi-Polar disorder and I am 100% serious.

Yeah, I said the same thing yesterday.

What's the over-under on when he says he was misinterpreted and wants to stay again? :lol:

LoneGranger33
05-31-2007, 08:41 PM
Pretty simple. Kobe wants to be on a brand new Lakers team that has no history or relation to the old one but he can still retire a Laker while not playing for the original Lakers without actually having to ever leave the team he's currently on.

Come again?

Shade
05-31-2007, 08:48 PM
Maybe this means TPTB held firm and refused to trade them JO for crap, and it got back to Kobe. :pray:

Shade
05-31-2007, 08:52 PM
This kind of explains the sudden flip-flop:

http://www.boston.com/sports/articles/2007/05/31/does_bryant_love_la/?page=1

Last night, Bryant told me he was further frustrated by a statement released by owner Jerry Buss, which Kobe felt minimized his comments and suggested he had not been in communication with the Lakers about his unhappiness.

Buss's statement read, "We are aware of the media reports [concerning Kobe Bryant]. However, Kobe has not told us directly that he wants to be traded. We have made it very clear that we are building our team around Kobe and that we intend for him to be a Laker his entire career. We will speak directly to Kobe and until we do that, we will not comment publicly about this."

"Unbelievable," Bryant said. "I called [Lakers general manager] Mitch Kupchak [yesterday] morning to give him a heads-up, to let him know I was going to say I wanted to be traded. That seemed like the right thing to do. So don't act all surprised when the news comes out.

"I'm so tired of all this. The Lakers have been watching me get killed in the media for the past three years. They've sat by and watched me get crucified, and they've done nothing to help me. I've rolled with it up to this point. No more. I'm done."

Bryant was particularly upset with Buss, who has still not contacted him. Asked if he had spoken to the flamboyant owner recently, Kobe answered, "I haven't talked to him in forever. I can't remember the last time we've had a conversation. He's nowhere to be found. It's not like I have his number or anything.

"They said the press release was from San Diego, so I guess he's in the vicinity. When I talked to [coach] Phil [Jackson yesterday] morning, he told me Buss was going to China in a day or so.

"I've heard nothing from him, but then here comes this statement that has Jerry Buss trying to make me sound unprofessional.
"That statement was extremely telling to me. It tells me all I need to know about Jerry Buss."

Naptown_Seth
05-31-2007, 09:01 PM
Maybe this means TPTB held firm and refused to trade them JO for crap, and it got back to Kobe. :pray:
You could be right, but your 2nd post also shows the situation.

I think the issue is WHY does he want to talk to Buss so badly? Is it because he heard Buss nixed a JO deal that he thought was coming and now wants to rant at Buss for not getting it done?

I don't think he's bi-polar at all. This is business and ego at work. He wants players, he knows what is rumored to be going on behind the scenes far more than we do, and both he and Buss are using the press like just about everyone else does in order to leverage some control in the situation.

able
05-31-2007, 09:10 PM
if that last article is true, then forget trading JO to the Lakers (hoorah) because he is gone from there, this seems to be a much bigger fracture then it looked at first, we should be considering what we can offer outside of JO to get him here, and for "value" you can relate to the Shaq deal.

We happen to have some young talent and a lot of bloated contracts, ideal :D

Trader Joe
05-31-2007, 09:11 PM
I seriously doubt we get Kobe, but this means we may have at least told LA to go F themselves.

ABADays
05-31-2007, 09:12 PM

I just don't understand how YOU could come up with such a brilliantly worded, accurate statement. :eek:

Trader Joe
05-31-2007, 09:14 PM
I just don't understand how YOU could come up with such a brilliantly worded, accurate statement. :eek:

Lawyer types...

Robobtowncolt
05-31-2007, 09:15 PM

Hey, I got into a bunch of law schools. I'm good at making up gibberish.

EDIT- Wow, Indy beat me to my own punchline. :cookie: for you.

Oneal07
05-31-2007, 09:17 PM
LOL. . .Can I Say Rollercoaster

ABADays
05-31-2007, 09:18 PM
"I'm so tired of all this. The Lakers have been watching me get killed in the media for the past three years. They've sat by and watched me get crucified, and they've done nothing to help me. I've rolled with it up to this point. No more. I'm done."
__________________________________________________ ___________

Ok - this statement takes it beyond bi-polar - now stupidity has entered the picture. Kobe - why were crucified in the press? Did any of it have to do with your own actions? And the Lakers should do what for what reason? Some people would just be better off not being able to speak.

Oneal07
05-31-2007, 09:20 PM
I'm sure he's not talking about the time when he cheated on his wife lol

able

Ok - this statement takes it beyond bi-polar - now stupidity has entered the picture. Kobe - why were crucified in the press? Did any of it have to do with your own actions? And the Lakers should do what for what reason? Some people would just be better off not being able to speak.

I am quite sure he refers here to being "blamed" for the Shaq trade and other "non-trades" that occurred.

Yes he had a spat, but that was not what he was crucified for in the press.

Trader Joe

Nobody has ever mistaken Kobe for a Rhodes scholar. Its the completely different emotions he shows in the press conferences that worry me. Listen to the radio broadcasts if nobody told you it was Kobe you would swear it was two different people talking.

Shade
05-31-2007, 09:21 PM

I think he's referring mostly to the Shaq situation.

At least, I hope he is. Surely even he is not egotistical enough to rip the Lakers for not supporting his...uh...personal investigative curiosity in Colorado.

Trader Joe
06-01-2007, 12:11 AM
Ric Bucher pretty much just confirmed that Kobe still wants out he said,"There is no player that can restore Kobe's trust in the Lakers." Or something to that effect. IDK if anyone else saw it on ESPNews.

indyman37
06-01-2007, 12:13 AM
Ric Bucher pretty much just confirmed that Kobe still wants out he said,"There is no player that can restore Kobe's trust in the Lakers." Or something to that effect. IDK if anyone else saw it on ESPNews.
I just did...but I found the funny part being where he said "the Lakers are promising a blockbuster move this offseason, then they'll see how Kobe feels."

Mr.ThunderMakeR
06-01-2007, 12:18 AM
I still think think that if the Lakers can actually get JO, then ol' bipolar Kobe will be appeased and decide he doesnt want to be traded.

Either way, I hate the Lakers so much that Im really starting to enjoy this mess Kobe has them in.

Trader Joe
06-01-2007, 12:21 AM
I still think think that if the Lakers can actually get JO, then ol' bipolar Kobe will be appeased and decide he doesnt want to be traded.

Either way, I hate the Lakers so much that Im really starting to enjoy this mess Kobe has them in.

Acquiring JO is a big risk to take if you are not 110% positive that it will make Kobe stay. If Kobe still says nope I want out you are left with two unhappy stars making 20 million a year.

Mark Heisler LA Times writer is now confirming the Kobe 100% wants to be traded right now.

CableKC
06-01-2007, 12:22 AM
This is so remenicent of the Artest fiasco that its laughable. For once...its happening to another team...not ours.

Until JONeal pulls the same thing......I will sit back and enjoy.

Kegboy
06-01-2007, 12:22 AM
Nobody has ever mistaken Kobe for a Rhodes scholar.

Actually, as I remember Kobe got like a 1380 on his SAT's (that's the old school SAT's kiddies, not the paint-by-numbers stuff they have now). At the time, it was a big deal that he was coming out, because, unlike KG and JO, he wasn't Prop 48, and he wasn't a hardship case either.

Trader Joe
06-01-2007, 12:23 AM
Actually, as I remember Kobe got like a 1380 on his SAT's (that's the old school SAT's kiddies, not the paint-by-numbers stuff they have now). At the time, it was a big deal that he was coming out, because, unlike KG and JO, he wasn't Prop 48, and he wasn't a hardship case either.

And Ron Artest was a math genius at St. John's...

OnlyPacersLeft
06-01-2007, 01:43 AM
and JO wants to go to this mess? LOL
Mgmt has no idea. I still don't see them wanting to win with JO+Kobe now instead of longevity with bynum (Jim buss's top pick)

Kstat
06-01-2007, 02:18 AM
Has Kobe been hanging out with Artest or something?

Mr.ThunderMakeR
06-01-2007, 02:19 AM
Has Kobe been hanging out with Artest or something?Well Kobe is the only person in the NBA that Artest considers his equal.

OnlyPacersLeft
06-01-2007, 02:34 AM
bahahha this is hillarious. Sitting back watching it is funny. Finally some other team has to deal with this crap. Lets make a run at kobe! LOL
TPTB should just tell LA to F themselves and lay in this bed.
hahah

Kingsfanbmiller
06-01-2007, 02:59 AM
Kobe seems like may be the only player in the NBA with as many personalities as Artest:hmm:

Shade
06-01-2007, 05:17 AM
This is so remenicent of the Artest fiasco that its laughable. For once...its happening to another team...not ours.

Until JONeal pulls the same thing......I will sit back and enjoy.

And yet, it's still having a major impact on the Pacers with the JO trade rumors.

tora tora
06-01-2007, 02:50 PM
He's probably tired of the competition on the west coast and figures he'd have a better chance of getting to the finals on the east coast.