PDA

View Full Version : Kobe and JO could DOMINATE the east!

Roy Munson
05-29-2007, 09:56 PM
Kobe wants to play for a contender. He wants JO to be a teammate. The real solution for him is to come play for the Pacers.

JO & Kobe together just makes the Lakers one of the pack in the west. And over the next few years it's not going to get any easier for teams in the west to make the playoffs and advance.

If Kobe really wants to go deep into the playoffs...probably the conference finals, he needs to team up with JO in Indy. I'm not sure what it would take, but the Pacers should be thinking in THIS direction. I'm all for trading JO, but when you think about what they'll get in return (Odom, Brown, et. al) it just isn't very exciting.

One of the biggest things the Pacers have going for them is the fact that they play in the pathetically weak Eastern Conference. In the next few years good players from the west whose contracts are up will be flocking to the east in search of more playing time and a chance to play for a playoff contender.

Young
05-29-2007, 10:02 PM
No the Pacers should not even think in that direction.

No way in the world do we have what it takes to get Kobe. No way the Lakers deal him. I don't believe he wants to be dealt from there unless its to Chicago but that would be about it. The Lakers are not going to deal Kobe though. Jerry West will come back in some way which will make Kobe happy and everything will be fine.

Shade
05-29-2007, 10:04 PM
I'm not sure a JO/Kobe combo would work here, considering what we'd have to give up to bring Kobe in.

Plus, Kobe would have to live in Indy.

Not happening.

OakMoses
05-29-2007, 10:19 PM
Even if we offered Granger, Williams, Diogu + any other 2 players they wanted, we'd have to throw in 4 or 5 first round picks to get Kobe.

Kstat
05-29-2007, 10:19 PM
It's not possible to deal more than 2 of your own first round picks at once....

BTW, trading for Kobe without giving up JO.... :laugh:

Los Angeles
05-29-2007, 10:29 PM
:noooo:

Tom White
05-29-2007, 10:35 PM
If Bryant were to ever become a Pacer, that is when I stop being a Pacer fan.
It wouldn't matter if they won consecutive titles. I just cannot stomach that guy.

BobbyMac
05-30-2007, 12:28 AM
It would be as hard for the Pacers to put together a package for Kobe as it would the Lakers to put together a package for JO....neither trade will get done...

Slick Pinkham
05-30-2007, 01:10 AM
It's not possible to deal more than 2 of your own first round picks at once....

sure it is, they just can't be in consecutive future years.

After this year's draft, you could trade 2008 + 2010 + 2012 etc.

or right now you could trade 2009 + 2011 + 2013 ETC.

But the main point, that it is laughable to think Kobe would ever come to Indiana, is 100% valid. It isn't going to happen, from Kobe's end (why play THERE) or from the Lakers end (fair trade value).

Kegboy
05-30-2007, 01:14 AM
Only chance we had at Kobe is if we'd won the lottery. LA may have given him up for Oden or Durant, plus JO, of course.

Trader Joe
05-30-2007, 06:31 AM
And then once we trade for Kobe the magical fairies will come and sing with us and lead us all the way to magic cookie land where JO and Kobe will dance and sing and win championships for ever and ever and ever...

Kegboy
05-30-2007, 07:11 AM
:laugh:

:cookie: - Hey look, it's back! :yay2:

Shack80
05-30-2007, 07:50 AM
I just threw up a bit in my mouth. There is no way this could ever happen.

Jermaniac
05-30-2007, 09:58 AM
LMAO. We could use our magically gifted Danny Granger to get Kobe. But I dont even know about that, Danny Granger after all is a franchise player and is untouchable, and we would stunt his growth by sending him to the west. And then he would need to take HGH to make him unstunt his growth and test positive for steroids and it would just turn into a whole mess.

Danny Granger >>> Kobe + 6 Piece

speakout4
05-30-2007, 02:55 PM
Kobe in Indiana? Does he have some incurable illness that we dont know of.

Jermaniac
05-30-2007, 08:56 PM
The story lines that have engulfed the Los Angeles Lakers in the last week hit a crescendo Wednesday when Kobe Bryant said he would welcome a trade.

"I would like to be traded, yeah," Bryant said on 1050 ESPN Radio in New York. "Tough as it is to come to that conclusion there's no other alternative, you know?"

Bryant, interviewed by Stephen A. Smith, was asked if there was anything the Lakers could do to change his mind?

"No," Bryan said. "I just want them to do the right thing."

Earlier in the day, Bryant said team owner Jerry Buss masterminded the trade of Shaquille O'Neal -- and Shaq later confirming Kobe's account.

The Laker vortex reached new heights, beginning with Bryant voicing his displeasure with the club's direction, his suggestion that Jerry West should return to fix things, West's statement that he has no intention of undermining GM/good friend Mitch Kupchak, and, unrelated but bizarre in its timing, Buss' arrest early Tuesday for investigation of driving under the influence of alcohol.

But Bryant was left "beyond furious" by a report in Tuesday's Los Angeles Times that read, "as a Lakers insider notes, it was Bryant's insistence on getting away from Shaquille O'Neal that got them in this mess."

Kobe Bryant on ESPN Radio

Kobe Bryant talks about the past, present and future of the Lakers while addressing reports that he may want to be traded.
Listen [sports.espn.go.com]

O'Neal was traded to the Miami Heat after the 2003-04 season, and the long-held belief has been that the deteriorating relationship between O'Neal and Bryant was a factor in O'Neal's departure.

In response to the Times' story, Bryant, who was interviewed by Stephen A. Smith for a Philadelphia Inquirer, said Buss "called a meeting with me after he spoke with Jim Gray [of ESPN] to talk with him about Shaq's future in the middle of the 2004 season.

"He met with me at the Four Seasons Hotel here [in Los Angeles] across from Fashion Island, which is now the Island Hotel," Bryant told Smith. "I went up to his penthouse suite. [Buss] looks me dead in the face and says: 'Kobe, I am not going to re-sign Shaq. I am not about to pay him $30 million a year or $80 million over three years. No way in hell. I feel like he's getting older. His body is breaking down, and I don't want to pay that money to him when I can get value for him right now rather than wait.

"This is my decision. It's independent of you. My mind is made up. It doesn't matter to me what you do in free agency because I do not want to pay [Shaq], period.' "

"Dr. Buss said that," Bryant told Smith. "And I haven't said anything for years because I've always felt like folks were just looking to create controversy. Now I know. I realize what extent [the Lakers] will go to, to cover themselves."

Reached afterward, O'Neal told Smith that be believed his former teammate beyond reproach.

"I believe Kobe 100 percent," O'Neal said when reached in Los Angeles. "Absolutely. There's no doubt in my mind Kobe is telling the truth. I believe him a thousand percent.

"I would have respected Dr. Buss more as a man if he would have told me that himself, because I know he said it. But he didn't [tell me]. He never said a damn word to me."

Buss was unavailable for comment Tuesday, as was Kupchak. Buss, 74, was booked early Tuesday for investigation of drunken driving and driving with a blood alcohol content of 0.08 or above.

The Lakers missed the playoffs in the first season after O'Neal was dealt for Lamar Odom, Caron Butler, Brian Grant, and a first-round pick, and have been eliminated in the first round the last two seasons. O'Neal and the Heat won the NBA championship last season.

"Sure, Shaq and I had our issues," Bryant told Smith. "So what! We always did and we won three titles. That doesn't change what was told to me. It doesn't change the fact I never, ever, said to get rid of him."

While Bryant re-signed for $136 million for seven years the day after O'Neal was traded, he has pushed for trades -- he wanted Carlos Boozer, then Jason Kidd, then Ron Artest -- that the Lakers were unable to pull off. Meanwhile, Odom has undergone shoulder surgery but is expected to be ready for training camp in October, Kwame Brown has undergone reconstructive surgery on his left ankle and might not be ready for the start of camp.

And now Bryant, who reportedly has made it clear to the Lakers that he may see fit to terminate his contract in two years, told Smith he wouldn't continue to wait for Buss to build the roster around him.

"Promises made to make this team better have not been kept," Bryant told Smith. "So where does that leave me?"

New Article some interesting stuff in there.

OnlyPacersLeft
05-30-2007, 08:59 PM
uh...so it's ok to let OUR star player go for a bag of chips for kobe to have jo in LA but it isn't ok for them? what's the diff? both players hate the teammates they have because they feel they can't win with them. So if kobe demands a trade what choice would the lakers have? Sorry but I don't want kwame brown (sucks) lamar odom (injury prone and overrated) and Jordan Farmar or some lame player off the lakers. Lakers HAVE NOTHING in terms of talent except for bynum who has potential and the lake show don't even want to give him up. But hey who cares, give up your star for a bag of chips. Orlando did! They gave up T-mac essentialy for steve francis. Sure they got mobley (Traded for doug christie!) and cato (wheres he at now?). Do you guys feel like trading Jermaine O'neal in his prime right now for lamar odom? yeah that sounds good :)

OnlyPacersLeft
05-30-2007, 09:03 PM
The story lines that have engulfed the Los Angeles Lakers in the last week hit a crescendo Wednesday when Kobe Bryant said he would welcome a trade.

"I would like to be traded, yeah," Bryant said on 1050 ESPN Radio in New York. "Tough as it is to come to that conclusion there's no other alternative, you know?"

Bryant, interviewed by Stephen A. Smith, was asked if there was anything the Lakers could do to change his mind?

"No," Bryan said. "I just want them to do the right thing."

Earlier in the day, Bryant said team owner Jerry Buss masterminded the trade of Shaquille O'Neal -- and Shaq later confirming Kobe's account.

The Laker vortex reached new heights, beginning with Bryant voicing his displeasure with the club's direction, his suggestion that Jerry West should return to fix things, West's statement that he has no intention of undermining GM/good friend Mitch Kupchak, and, unrelated but bizarre in its timing, Buss' arrest early Tuesday for investigation of driving under the influence of alcohol.

But Bryant was left "beyond furious" by a report in Tuesday's Los Angeles Times that read, "as a Lakers insider notes, it was Bryant's insistence on getting away from Shaquille O'Neal that got them in this mess."

Kobe Bryant on ESPN Radio

Kobe Bryant talks about the past, present and future of the Lakers while addressing reports that he may want to be traded.
Listen [sports.espn.go.com]

O'Neal was traded to the Miami Heat after the 2003-04 season, and the long-held belief has been that the deteriorating relationship between O'Neal and Bryant was a factor in O'Neal's departure.

In response to the Times' story, Bryant, who was interviewed by Stephen A. Smith for a Philadelphia Inquirer, said Buss "called a meeting with me after he spoke with Jim Gray [of ESPN] to talk with him about Shaq's future in the middle of the 2004 season.

"He met with me at the Four Seasons Hotel here [in Los Angeles] across from Fashion Island, which is now the Island Hotel," Bryant told Smith. "I went up to his penthouse suite. [Buss] looks me dead in the face and says: 'Kobe, I am not going to re-sign Shaq. I am not about to pay him $30 million a year or $80 million over three years. No way in hell. I feel like he's getting older. His body is breaking down, and I don't want to pay that money to him when I can get value for him right now rather than wait.

"This is my decision. It's independent of you. My mind is made up. It doesn't matter to me what you do in free agency because I do not want to pay [Shaq], period.' "

"Dr. Buss said that," Bryant told Smith. "And I haven't said anything for years because I've always felt like folks were just looking to create controversy. Now I know. I realize what extent [the Lakers] will go to, to cover themselves."

Reached afterward, O'Neal told Smith that be believed his former teammate beyond reproach.

"I believe Kobe 100 percent," O'Neal said when reached in Los Angeles. "Absolutely. There's no doubt in my mind Kobe is telling the truth. I believe him a thousand percent.

"I would have respected Dr. Buss more as a man if he would have told me that himself, because I know he said it. But he didn't [tell me]. He never said a damn word to me."

Buss was unavailable for comment Tuesday, as was Kupchak. Buss, 74, was booked early Tuesday for investigation of drunken driving and driving with a blood alcohol content of 0.08 or above.

The Lakers missed the playoffs in the first season after O'Neal was dealt for Lamar Odom, Caron Butler, Brian Grant, and a first-round pick, and have been eliminated in the first round the last two seasons. O'Neal and the Heat won the NBA championship last season.

"Sure, Shaq and I had our issues," Bryant told Smith. "So what! We always did and we won three titles. That doesn't change what was told to me. It doesn't change the fact I never, ever, said to get rid of him."

While Bryant re-signed for $136 million for seven years the day after O'Neal was traded, he has pushed for trades -- he wanted Carlos Boozer, then Jason Kidd, then Ron Artest -- that the Lakers were unable to pull off. Meanwhile, Odom has undergone shoulder surgery but is expected to be ready for training camp in October, Kwame Brown has undergone reconstructive surgery on his left ankle and might not be ready for the start of camp.

And now Bryant, who reportedly has made it clear to the Lakers that he may see fit to terminate his contract in two years, told Smith he wouldn't continue to wait for Buss to build the roster around him.

"Promises made to make this team better have not been kept," Bryant told Smith. "So where does that leave me?"

New Article some interesting stuff in there.

and OMG....there you have it. Kobe is making demands...JO is not...hmmm
and what's this report about kobe having really only one team he would want to play for?

OnlyPacersLeft
05-30-2007, 09:18 PM
if not get to the dang finals! hey Kobe did want to play with JO...well let's do it then! I know people on here don't want JO here. So they probably wouldn't want kobe either i'm just saying if we were to get kobe we could compete for a title. And isn't that what the goal is?

Hicks
05-30-2007, 09:32 PM
If we can get him for (even if it's 95) cents on the dolloar, DO IT. He may be a dick, but he won't be getting into off court trouble (guilty or innocent he learned his lesson for the future), and at worst he'll miss a game for an elbow. Other than that: I see the best offensive weapon in the entire league.

We have about the same chance of this as we did getting Oden, but we better at least call and say "anything other than JO is yours". Actually, if that doesn't get us anywhere, offer JO and filler.

Jermaniac
05-30-2007, 09:33 PM
JO,Granger,Ike,Shawne and 3 future first round picks would not get us Kobe.

Gyron
05-30-2007, 09:37 PM
If we can get him for (even if it's 95) cents on the dolloar, DO IT. He may be a dick, but he won't be getting into off court trouble (guilty or innocent he learned his lesson for the future), and at worst he'll miss a game for an elbow. Other than that: I see the best offensive weapon in the entire league.

We have about the same chance of this as we did getting Oden, but we better at least call and say "anything other than JO is yours". Actually, if that doesn't get us anywhere, offer JO and filler.

As much as I hate Kobe Bryant, just because of the dick he is, I pretty much would agree with the above if our goal really is to bring a championship here. But I really don't see it happening, but Larry should be ringing Mitch's phone off the hook right now.

Trader Joe
05-30-2007, 09:38 PM
What are we going to trade for Kobe? Hopes and dreams?

Robobtowncolt
05-30-2007, 09:44 PM
What are we going to trade for Kobe? Hopes and dreams?

Perhaps those magic fairies discussed earleir have some value?

Trader Joe
05-30-2007, 09:45 PM
Perhaps those magic fairies discussed earleir have some value?

Magic cookie land doesn't make deals with the Pacers.

Kegboy
05-30-2007, 09:59 PM
I'd not only trade 3 :cookie:'s, but Dat Dude's KFC bucket and a #6 from Wendy's for Kobe, too!

(What, you think they'd rather have Dunleavy? :crazy: )

Robobtowncolt
05-30-2007, 10:00 PM

Our whole roster, 14 first round picks, and access to Mel Gibson's Playhouse wouldn't bring Kobe here.

Kegboy
05-30-2007, 10:04 PM
Our whole roster, 14 first round picks, and access to Mel Gibson's Playhouse wouldn't bring Kobe here.

Well yeah, now, after Skaut posted that picture.

Thanks Skaut. :kickcan:

MagicRat
05-30-2007, 10:05 PM
Alls I know is that I cotton candied this thing weeks ago and now it has two whole threads..........

http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-default/showpost.php?p=549383&postcount=2

Kstat
05-30-2007, 10:12 PM
...you know what would REALLY dominate the east?

Kobe, JO, Wade, LeBron, and the Easter Bunny....

Y2J
05-30-2007, 10:19 PM
The East is so low right now, with a shell of a shell of their former selves Pistons and the 1-man-show Cavs in the ECF, that it's almost sad.

Kegboy
05-30-2007, 10:23 PM
...you know what would REALLY dominate the east?

Kobe, JO, Wade, LeBron, and the Easter Bunny....

Hey, why don't we try and get the E-Bun? Sure, he's soft as hell and can't hit his free throws, but he'd sure help at the gate.

OnlyPacersLeft
05-30-2007, 10:24 PM
meh..it could happen tho. Kobe wants to play with JO...and he was the one who demanded the trade...Not maine.
And like i said why take on the lakers crap when they could take on our crap! Remember the shaq trade?

Kegboy
05-30-2007, 10:24 PM
The East is so low right now, with a shell of a shell of their former selves Pistons and the 1-man-show Cavs in the ECF, that it's almost sad.

Yes, especially after Portland and Seattle won the lottery, I would think there will be pressure upstairs to send Kobe eastward.

OnlyPacersLeft
05-30-2007, 10:26 PM

that's better then Lamar Odom and Caron Butler for shaq...whoops forgot brian grant!

Slick Pinkham
05-30-2007, 10:28 PM
Hey, why don't we try and get the E-Bun? Sure, he's soft as hell and can't hit his free throws, but he'd sure help at the gate.

I think that he is getting up there in age and has...

lost his hops.

:brick:

Kstat
Kobe has slightly more trade value than Shaq did....

Kobe isn't old, out of shape, injury-prone and making $20+ million a season....

Jermaniac
that's better then Lamar Odom and Caron Butler for shaq...whoops forgot brian grant!

No its not, its just that the Lakers are stupid enough to trade Caron for Kwame Brown.

JO is better then Lamar. But I would take Caron Butler over Ike,Shawne and Danny put together ANY day. If the Wizards wanted to I would do it right now.

Hicks
05-30-2007, 10:29 PM
Merged the two Kobe & JO together threads.

RWB
05-30-2007, 10:35 PM
Yes, especially after Portland and Seattle won the lottery, I would think there will be pressure upstairs to send Kobe eastward.

Speaking of the Blazes I bet Grace would have nightmares if this came true.

http://www.benmaller.com/nba_rumors_notes

Blazers forward Zach Randolph, who grew up in Marion, Ind., seems most interested in the rumors surrounding Chicago, as he often brings up the Bulls. "I'd like the chance to compete for a championship, and if I was able to be with the Bulls, I think I would be able to compete for a championship."

Frank Slade
05-30-2007, 10:36 PM
Ok from my perspective

East teams with even a shot at Kobe I think would be

Chicago as perhaps the frontrunner but then you have the whole MJ vs Kobe thing does Paxson pull the trigger or for that matter want to break up what they have there.

New Jersey ? the Miki Moore and Kobe show ?

Possibly Atlanta ? do they trade their 07 picks and 4 or 5 of their swingmen ? hmm maybe not enough

Detroit on paper they have multiple picks and players to offer but why ?

Kstat
05-30-2007, 10:39 PM
Kobe would have to OK any deal, and he'd only want to go to a place with a track record for great management since thats his main reason for leaving to begin with, so Detroit in theory is part of the discussion by default, but I just don't see us gutting the team to go after him, nordo I see LA accepting any deal we might offer.

Rip/Billups or Rip/Prince/Maxiell plus a couple of first round picks would be our best offers, and I think LA could do better.

Though if this were fantasy land, I'd deal Prince, Rip and the picks in a heartbeat, pair Billups with Kobe and worry about the gaping hole at SF later.

Karmakillaz
05-30-2007, 10:40 PM
If there is really only one team that Kobe is interested in then that team and the Lakers will make a deal work. Regardless of the assests they have to give back.

Do we really think that Miami gave the Lakers the best possible package for Shaq? No. It was where Shaq wanted to go.

If Indiana is where Kobe wants to go (doubtful) then it will happen. Same would hold true even if it was Mephis.

ABADays
05-30-2007, 10:41 PM
Why would they dominate? Dominate was a distant word when AI teamed with Melo. Yes, it's the West but they didn't come close.

Y2J
05-30-2007, 10:43 PM
The Lakers will likely look to completely rebuild now, similar to us I'd imagine. So I doubt they'd want any part of the Pistons overpaid, over the hill roster. Ditto for the Nets. Chicago is definitely a possibility, depending on how much young talent they'd be willing to give up for the best player in the game. Could you imagine Kobe wearing a Bulls jersey like MJ? Atlanta could probably get it done, but like the Bulls, it depends on how much they're willing to give up and is it worth their while?

OnlyPacersLeft
05-30-2007, 10:46 PM
I never thought AI+Melo would be dominate. They would clash i thought. Knowing AI being a chucker and melo being a primadonna...
I don't know this probably won't happen. But it's a possibility.

OnlyPacersLeft
05-30-2007, 10:50 PM
I heard kobe has a no trade clause? is this true? if so does that mean kobe can dictate where he is going!?

Karmakillaz
05-30-2007, 10:51 PM
I heard kobe has a no trade clause? is this true? if so does that mean kobe can dictate where he is going!?

yes and yes

avoidingtheclowns
05-30-2007, 10:53 PM
Ok from my perspective

East teams with even a shot at Kobe I think would be

Chicago as perhaps the frontrunner but then you have the whole MJ vs Kobe thing does Paxson pull the trigger or for that matter want to break up what they have there.

New Jersey ? the Miki Moore and Kobe show ?

Possibly Atlanta ? do they trade their 07 picks and 4 or 5 of their swingmen ? hmm maybe not enough

Detroit on paper they have multiple picks and players to offer but why ?

chicago is possible. two other thoughts i had were toronto and orlando (teaming with young promising bigs and toronto has quite the GM). toronto might be most interesting but they don't have the salary to match, it'd have to be a 3-way.

but if it is the pacers that would be mighty interesting. i mean i think a murphy, tinsley, daniels and shawne deal would work but...

Trader Joe
05-30-2007, 11:00 PM
Why would they dominate? Dominate was a distant word when AI teamed with Melo. Yes, it's the West but they didn't come close.

Well AI and Melo = pretty much the same player. Melo is just 6'8".

Kobe and JO have the inside outside going for them.

God damn it I need to stop talking about this.

Trader Joe
05-30-2007, 11:02 PM

Yes, Kobe is the only player in the NBA that has a no trade clause. Add into that fact that NBA players already have a pretty good amount of control over where they go and you have Kobe essentially taking the Lakers association by the balls and saying, "Trade me now, *****."

OnlyPacersLeft
05-30-2007, 11:02 PM
Well AI and Melo = pretty much the same player. Melo is just 6'8".

Kobe and JO have the inside outside going for them.

God damn it I need to stop talking about this.

you know you want to...just think having kobe in the backcourt and jo in the front? whoa...

FlavaDave
05-30-2007, 11:05 PM
Shaq netted Odom, Butler (ultimately Brown), and Brian Grant. AI netted Miller and two first round picks. Artest netted Peja.

Tell me again why we don't have the ammo?

05-30-2007, 11:06 PM
If Bryant were to ever become a Pacer, that is when I stop being a Pacer fan.
It wouldn't matter if they won consecutive titles. I just cannot stomach that guy.

I am with this guy sorry to say...

grace
05-30-2007, 11:51 PM
Kobe has slightly more trade value than Shaq did....

Kobe isn't old, out of shape, injury-prone and making $20+ million a season....

Injury prone and $20+ got them a title.

Speaking of the Blazes I bet Grace would have nightmares if this came true.

http://www.benmaller.com/nba_rumors_notes

Blazers forward Zach Randolph, who grew up in Marion, Ind., seems most interested in the rumors surrounding Chicago, as he often brings up the Bulls. "I'd like the chance to compete for a championship, and if I was able to be with the Bulls, I think I would be able to compete for a championship."

I saw that on the Bulls board and meant to say something here, but thankful I blocked it out. Thanks RWB.

Nightmare doesn't cover it. More like :suicide2:

I would hope Scott would go to Pax and say "You do realize what a :censored: train wreck this guy is. There is no :censored: way I can put up with him. And then there's the fact that he's really not that good."

Kstat
05-30-2007, 11:52 PM
Injury prone and $20+ got them a title.

No, injury prone and $20 million+ Wade got them a title...

grace
05-31-2007, 12:00 AM
No, injury prone and $20 million+ Wade got them a title...

And if injury prone and $20+ million would have stayed where he was then maybe the Lakers would be winning and Kobe wouldn't be crying, but no Moneybags Buss picked Kobe and lost.

Tom White
05-31-2007, 12:15 AM
If Bryant winds up in the east, I can imagine him going to the Wizards. He would get to play for MJ. The Wiz could start the talks by offering agent 0 plus one of their bigs, plus...I'm not sure. I'd keep that idea in mind, though.

FlavaDave
05-31-2007, 12:16 AM
If Bryant winds up in the east, I can imagine him going to the Wizards. He would get to play for MJ. The Wiz could start the talks by offering agent 0 plus one of their bigs, plus...I'm not sure. I'd keep that idea in mind, though.

MJ runs the Bobcats, not the Wizards.

OnlyPacersLeft
05-31-2007, 12:18 AM
kobe is a moron...he isn't going anywhere nor does he want to.
he said on the radio..lol

Tom White
05-31-2007, 12:29 AM
MJ runs the Bobcats, not the Wizards.

Well, that's what I get for living in the past! :o

As Denny Crane would say "It's the mad cow disease!"

But, I still think the Wizards might make sense (Even if I sometimes don't make sense.).

Lord Helmet
05-31-2007, 12:32 AM
This would be amazing if we got Kobe and still kept JO.

Wow.

My thoughts on our chances? 30%

ABADays
05-31-2007, 12:34 AM
I love how one-sided no trade contracts are.

OnlyPacersLeft
05-31-2007, 12:45 AM
kobe flip flopping...

Oneal07
05-31-2007, 01:12 AM
Of course they would dominate the east. . .Detroit is gonna fall off hard next year

Lord Helmet
05-31-2007, 01:40 AM
Of course they would dominate the east. . .Detroit is gonna fall off hard next year
I doubt that.....

Kegboy
05-31-2007, 01:41 AM
This would be amazing if we got Kobe and still kept JO.

Wow.

My thoughts on our chances? 0.30%

Fixed.

:-p

Y2J
05-31-2007, 01:46 AM
Not to go off topic, but it's a situation I've been actively monitoring, and Detroit's definitely gonna fall off. Webber is likely gone to the Knicks, and even if he stays, he's old now, by the time next season rolls around he may be in a wheelchair. Sheed, who's disappeared in this years playoffs, is right behind him. And Billups will likely receive a max contract offer from Milwaukee, and at this point, it's highly unlike that would be matched.

avoidingtheclowns
05-31-2007, 01:48 AM
why would webber go to NYK? doesn't he want to win a ring?

grace
05-31-2007, 01:53 AM
why would webber go to NYK?

Because he wants to play for Isiah? :shrug:

And before you think I'm nuts, remember Webber grew up a Pistons fan.

Y2J
05-31-2007, 01:59 AM
Webber to New Y0ork has been reported for months now. He wants to play for the Knicks and Isiah Thomas. He's an unrestricted free agent with no bird rights meaning Detroit can only offer up to their MLE, and cant match any contract offers from other teams. I doubt Detroit would give Webber the full MLE at his age and with Prince and Sheed already overpaid and with Billups likely to be next in line. I could however see Isiah giving him the full MLE, which just makes him going there all the more likely.

OnlyPacersLeft
05-31-2007, 01:59 AM
why does everyone wanna play for isiah? LOL he can't win with the knicks now. He didn't win when he was here...I don't get it

grace
05-31-2007, 02:02 AM
why does everyone wanna play for isiah? LOL he can't win with the knicks now. He didn't win when he was here...I don't get it

He made the playoffs every year he was here.

Oneal07
05-31-2007, 02:07 AM
I doubt that.....

The only teams that are playing right now in the east are the teams who been together the longest!!!

Those teams' free agents, someone will throw suitcases of cash to them and they'll be out just like Ben Wallace!!!

samiuam
05-31-2007, 09:37 PM
Bump....because the idea on this thread DESERVES more thought!!

clownskull
06-01-2007, 03:17 AM
i don't understand the thread. not only would the lakers never trade to us without oneal in the deal, kobe would NEVER come to play here in a small midwestern market. not even the slightest of slightest chances of that happening.

OnlyPacersLeft
06-01-2007, 04:09 AM
why does it have to be in a huge market and crap? why do people think players care about that crap? Kobe wants to play in the huge msg and in ny and win 20 games or win 50-55 in indiana?
yeah..the knicks. I know :(

clownskull
06-01-2007, 05:04 AM
because it does matter to some players. shaq wanted out of orlando because he wanted to be a big fish in a big pond- hang around all the cool,important people and that kind of thing. kobe - even though drafted by charlotte, refused to play for them. l.a. was where he wanted go. these are a few examples. the sad fact is that there are players who won't go some places simply because they (the locations) just aren't cool enough.