PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Sources: Kobe demands a trade!

Slick Pinkham
05-30-2007, 08:57 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2886927

Bryant asks for trade; says Buss mastermined trading O'Neal
ESPN.com news services

Updated: May 30, 2007, 12:56 PM ET

The story lines that have engulfed the Los Angeles Lakers in the last week hit a crescendo Wednesday when Kobe Bryant said he would welcome a trade.

"I would like to be traded, yeah," Bryant said on 1050 ESPN Radio in New York. "Tough as it is to come to that conclusion there's no other alternative, you know?"

Bryant, interviewed by Stephen A. Smith, was asked if there was anything the Lakers could do to change his mind?

"No," Bryan said. "I just want them to do the right thing."

Earlier in the day, Bryant said team owner Jerry Buss masterminded the trade of Shaquille O'Neal -- and Shaq later confirming Kobe's account.

The issues between Bryant and the Lakers have reached a boil, beginning with Bryant voicing his displeasure with the club's direction, his suggestion that Jerry West should return to fix things, West's statement that he has no intention of undermining GM/good friend Mitch Kupchak, and, unrelated but bizarre in its timing, Buss' arrest early Tuesday for investigation of driving under the influence of alcohol.

Bryant was left "beyond furious" by a report in Tuesday's Los Angeles Times that read, "as a Lakers insider notes, it was Bryant's insistence on getting away from Shaquille O'Neal that got them in this mess."

Kobe Bryant on ESPN Radio

Kobe Bryant talks about the past, present and future of the Lakers while addressing reports that he may want to be traded.
Listen

O'Neal was traded to the Miami Heat after the 2003-04 season, and the long-held belief has been that the deteriorating relationship between O'Neal and Bryant was a factor in O'Neal's departure.

In response to the Times' story, Bryant, interviewed by Smith for a Philadelphia Inquirer column, said Buss "called a meeting with me after he spoke with Jim Gray [of ESPN] to talk with him about Shaq's future in the middle of the 2004 season.

"He met with me at the Four Seasons Hotel here [in Los Angeles] across from Fashion Island, which is now the Island Hotel," Bryant told Smith. "I went up to his penthouse suite. [Buss] looks me dead in the face and says: 'Kobe, I am not going to re-sign Shaq. I am not about to pay him $30 million a year or $80 million over three years. No way in hell. I feel like he's getting older. His body is breaking down, and I don't want to pay that money to him when I can get value for him right now rather than wait.

"This is my decision. It's independent of you. My mind is made up. It doesn't matter to me what you do in free agency because I do not want to pay [Shaq], period.' "

"Dr. Buss said that," Bryant told Smith. "And I haven't said anything for years because I've always felt like folks were just looking to create controversy. Now I know. I realize what extent [the Lakers] will go to, to cover themselves."

Reached afterward, O'Neal told Smith that be believed his former teammate beyond reproach.

"I believe Kobe 100 percent," O'Neal said when reached in Los Angeles. "Absolutely. There's no doubt in my mind Kobe is telling the truth. I believe him a thousand percent.

"I would have respected Dr. Buss more as a man if he would have told me that himself, because I know he said it. But he didn't [tell me]. He never said a damn word to me."

Buss was unavailable for comment Tuesday, as was Kupchak. Buss, 74, was booked early Tuesday for investigation of drunken driving and driving with a blood alcohol content of 0.08 or above.

The Lakers missed the playoffs in the first season after O'Neal was dealt for Lamar Odom, Caron Butler, Brian Grant, and a first-round pick, and have been eliminated in the first round the last two seasons. O'Neal and the Heat won the NBA championship last season.

"Sure, Shaq and I had our issues," Bryant told Smith. "So what! We always did and we won three titles. That doesn't change what was told to me. It doesn't change the fact I never, ever, said to get rid of him."

While Bryant re-signed for $136 million for seven years the day after O'Neal was traded, he has pushed for trades -- he wanted Carlos Boozer, then Jason Kidd, then Ron Artest -- that the Lakers were unable to pull off. Meanwhile, Odom has undergone shoulder surgery but is expected to be ready for training camp in October, Kwame Brown has undergone reconstructive surgery on his left ankle and might not be ready for the start of camp.

And now Bryant, who reportedly has made it clear to the Lakers that he may see fit to terminate his contract in two years, told Smith he wouldn't continue to wait for Buss to build the roster around him.

"Promises made to make this team better have not been kept," Bryant told Smith. "So where does that leave me?"

CableKC
05-30-2007, 09:07 PM
I was browsing on Laker RealGM and they say that he is on SAS show and he wants to be traded from the Lakers.

I'm listening to 1050 ESPN now

http://stations.espn.go.com/stations/1050espnradio/story?id=listenlive

and SAS is talking about it. I can't find any quotes or anything ( since its on the radio )...but 1050 ESPN says they will rebroadcast the show after.

Listen to it now...SAS is talking about it now.

CableKC
05-30-2007, 09:08 PM

SAS loud mouth is still talking about it.

OnlyPacersLeft
05-30-2007, 09:12 PM
well he wants to play with JO? Sure! take your pick
Granger,Williams,Tinsley
who do you want? ahhaha

CableKC
05-30-2007, 09:13 PM
They are going to rebroadcast the SAS interview with Kobe in a few minutes where Kobe says he wants to be traded.

Wow...talk about deja-vu.

CableKC
05-30-2007, 09:14 PM
well he wants to play with JO? Sure! take your pick
Granger,Williams,Tinsley
who do you want? ahhaha
Well...we have more then enough contracts to trade for him. :laugh:

OnlyPacersLeft
05-30-2007, 09:17 PM
yes he did and remember the reports on realgm about it possibly being "One team" he would play for? why the hell would it be the bulls!?
bahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah
oh baby...cmon lets trade for kobe!

Speed
05-30-2007, 09:25 PM
LA will want the 1 or 2 pick in this years draft and I would too. I also wouldn't do it if I was Portland or Seattle.

Jermaniac
05-30-2007, 09:32 PM
yes he did and remember the reports on realgm about it possibly being "One team" he would play for? why the hell would it be the bulls!?
bahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah
oh baby...cmon lets trade for kobe!Get it through your head that NOTHING and I mean NOTHING we have will get us Kobe Bryant. We can send the Lakers every single one of our players, all the money we made during this season and they still wouldnt take it.

Jermaniac
05-30-2007, 09:34 PM
Kobe is going to try to get traded to the Bulls or New York.

Bulls have Gordon,Deng and contracts and picks to make it work. Why the hell would Kobe want to play in Indiana.

Trader Joe
05-30-2007, 09:35 PM
I'm refusing to talk about this...Pacers aren't going to get Kobe...Pacers aren't going to get Kobe...Pacers aren't going to get Kobe...

Oh and am I the only one that sees the obvious destination for Kobe? He is going to be a Maverick I'd bet my left nut on it.

Trader Joe
05-30-2007, 09:37 PM
Kobe is going to try to get traded to the Bulls or New York.

Bulls have Gordon,Deng and contracts and picks to make it work. Why the hell would Kobe want to play in Indiana.

Kobe may not want to play in Indiana, but I doubt he will play in Chicago either. He has been trying his whole career to be better than Jordan going to Chicago would only make him be more in Jordan's shadow. He will go to Dallas.

Gyron
05-30-2007, 09:40 PM
Kobe may not want to play in Indiana, but I doubt he will play in Chicago either. He has been trying his whole career to be better than Jordan going to Chicago would only make him be more in Jordan's shadow. He will go to Dallas.

You know, I didn't think of it that way, but I'd imagine Kobe just might think of it as being under Jordan's shadow.

He's going to be looking for a large market team I would imagine though, so Dallas may be a possibility.

CableKC

No way that Kobe goes to any Western Conference team..if he goes anywhere...he will go to the East. The Lakers will not move Kobe.....a difference maker for any team for the next 5 years to a Conference rival.

As to where he will go....I have no clue.

Shade
Kobe just pulled an Artest.

Money says he goes East.

Hicks
05-30-2007, 09:42 PM
Miami's a big East market. :devil:

Trader Joe
05-30-2007, 09:42 PM
No way that Kobe goes to any Western Conference team..if he goes anywhere...he will go to the East.

As to where....I have no clue.

Lakers aren't gonna trade him for a bag of chips and they know that if they trade him they won't be competing for a title again for the next 5 years. Only team in the East that can give them equal value is Chicago. Kobe won't play in Chicago, and has the power to veto any trade via his no trade clause. CHicago is the only team in the East that has the assets to trade for Kobe and still compete for a championship afterwards.

Dallas can offer Howard, Harris, and Diop as a starting package. Kobe will play with Dirk and for Cuban and Dallas is a big enough market.

Trader Joe
05-30-2007, 09:44 PM
Miami's a big East market. :devil:

:lol: I thought the same thing. Gotta remember though Kobe has veto power in his contract. Lakers have no leverage in this negotiation in terms of where he will go. They can control what they will get, but the final call as to where Kobe will play is up to Kobe.

gph
05-30-2007, 09:46 PM
Keep in mind-Kobe has NOT waived that no-trade clause. You can bet that he will only waive it when a deal is in place. So, any thoughts that they drop him to the Hawks or stick him in Milwaukee-no way. Kobe is going to slap the Lakers until he gets to a destination that he thinks has the potential to contend.

As we all know, a player CAN make a team trade them.

Shade
05-30-2007, 09:46 PM
This kinda scares me. I almost want to trade JO now just to get something of value before he tries something like this.

Look for KG to follow Kobe's lead in the coming weeks.

Trader Joe
05-30-2007, 09:50 PM
This kinda scares me. I almost want to trade JO now just to get something of value before he tries something like this.

Look for KG to follow Kobe's lead in the coming weeks.

As much as I like Kobe he is a spoiled prima donna. JO and KG are not. (Some will say yes JO is, I disagree but thats for another day...)

Hicks
05-30-2007, 09:51 PM
I doubt KG or JO will do this. Not unless either of their management does something additional to tick them off.

Pig Nash
05-30-2007, 09:51 PM
I don't see this affecting us at all directly, other than not finishing higher than fourth in our division again for five years.

Kegboy
05-30-2007, 09:56 PM
Get it through your head that NOTHING and I mean NOTHING we have will get us Kobe Bryant. We can send the Lakers every single one of our players, all the money we made during this season and they still wouldnt take it.

QFT

Everybody, for Unclebuck's sake don't get all worked up about this then be all negative when he goes somewhere else. There is no chance we get him. Zero, none, nada.

And for Grace's sake, hope he doesn't go to Chicago. Though, he'd be perfect for them.

CableKC
05-30-2007, 09:58 PM
Lakers aren't gonna trade him for a bag of chips and they know that if they trade him they won't be competing for a title again for the next 5 years. Only team in the East that can give them equal value is Chicago. Kobe won't play in Chicago, and has the power to veto any trade via his no trade clause. CHicago is the only team in the East that has the assets to trade for Kobe and still compete for a championship afterwards.

Dallas can offer Howard, Harris, and Diop as a starting package. Kobe will play with Dirk and for Cuban and Dallas is a big enough market.
That's the standard argument when any franchise level player is on the block.

Ignoring that the Lakers would be stupid to not expect Dirk in any such trade......I really don't think that they want to move him to the West.

I think that its shortsighted for any GM to assume that it will take 5 years to rebuild. You never know what is going to happen in a year or two with any draft or any Free Agent signings that can occur. I'm not suggesting that they will be to the Finals...but it isn't unlikely that the Lakers can't be in a position to be a Playoff contender IF they make the right moves. There are reasons why teams like the Pacers ( in the case of JONeal and most notably Artest ) and the Lakers would not want to move a game-changing Franchise player.

This doesn't mean that Kobe ( or in our case...JONeal ) can't go to another team in the same Conference....I'm just saying that I think the preference ALWAYS is to move him to a team in another Conference.

EDIT - I forgot that Kobe is probably in the "driver's seat" when it comes to where he wants to go. If he really wants to stick it to the Lakers.....he can demand to go to a Western Conference team.

Since86
05-30-2007, 10:05 PM
JO hasn't "demanded" a trade, but he's definately tip-toeing around the line.

O'Neal said he wants to remain a Pacer as long as they don't go into a rebuilding phase.

O'Neal knows he and Minnesota Timberwolves forward Kevin Garnett will likely be two of the most talked about players on the trading block this summer.

"I want to put this to bed," O'Neal said. "If the team is able to address the needs to compete for a championship, then great. If not, obviously, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be a key component (in a trade) to rebuild a team. I'm totally fine with that.
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070510/SPORTS04/705100541/1088/SPORTS04

He say's he wants to remain a Pacer, as long as they don't go into a rebuilding phase, then follows that up saying he knows he'll be a part of a package out to rebuild.

1+1=2, atleast to me.

The first part of the quoted article is what makes me believe he has said he doesn't want to sit through rebuilding, and if that's the teams direction, then he wants out.

If he truly didn't/won't ask for a trade, then there's no reason for him to say he doesn't want to be apart of the rebuilding process.

Shade
05-30-2007, 10:06 PM
Does anyone else have a feeling that Kobe could wind up with the Warriors?

Same basic location, loyal and supportive fanbase, up-tempo, exciting style of basketball. Seems like he would be a perfect fit there.

Shade
05-30-2007, 10:07 PM
JO hasn't "demanded" a trade, but he's definately tip-toeing around the line.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070510/SPORTS04/705100541/1088/SPORTS04

He say's he wants to remain a Pacer, as long as they don't go into a rebuilding phase, then follows that up saying he knows he'll be a part of a package out to rebuild.

1+1=2, atleast to me.

The first part of the quoted article is what makes me believe he has said he doesn't want to sit through rebuilding, and if that's the teams direction, then he wants out.

If he truly didn't/won't ask for a trade, then there's no reason for him to say he doesn't want to be apart of the rebuilding process.

The funny thing is, I agree with JO 100%. If we rebuild, it is pointless to keep him. If we don't, we need to push for a championship, rather than straddling the line of mediocrity.

RWB
05-30-2007, 10:09 PM
This from the Maller site.

http://www.benmaller.com/

Kobe Bryant gave a a two-word answer when asked if the Lakers franchise was "on the clock" with the knowledge he could terminate his contract in two years. "For sure," Bryant said. Bryant, who will be 29 in August, will leave $47.8 million on the table if he terminates his contract in 2009. Later, in an interview with AM 570, Bryant took aim at the state of the front office by saying, "That place is a mess."

FlavaDave
05-30-2007, 10:09 PM
With Kobe, Jermaine, KG, and possibly Amare, Rashard Lewis, and Billups (via sign and trade) on the block, we might be looking at the biggest three- or four-way trade in league history. Just saying.

Since86
05-30-2007, 10:11 PM
I agree with him too, and you Shade, for the record.

But it's one of those things where after you say it, you give the nod and a wink. You don't specificially come out and say it, but everyone gets your point.

Evan_The_Dude
05-30-2007, 10:13 PM
Kobe will be a Bobcat.

Shade
05-30-2007, 10:14 PM
QFT

Everybody, for Unclebuck's sake don't get all worked up about this then be all negative when he goes somewhere else. There is no chance we get him. Zero, none, nada.

And for Grace's sake, hope he doesn't go to Chicago. Though, he'd be perfect for them.

To further illustrate this point, to even entertain the notion and make salaries match (w/o trading JO), we would have to offer:

Granger
Diogu
Shawne
Foster
Quis
Harrison

And probably a first rounder or two to boot.

Which would leave us with a roster of:

Murph
JO/Baston
Dun/Marshall
Kobe
Tins/McLeod/Army/Greene

It just isn't a realistic possibility.

We could try a JO/Quis for Kobe/Vlad offer, but I'm not sure if that would be accepted, or make either team better.

CableKC
05-30-2007, 10:18 PM
One more thing....anyone else think that with this revalation by Kobe on his show....SAS's ego is so big now that it has developed its own planetary orbit?

Robobtowncolt
05-30-2007, 10:20 PM
One more thing....anyone else think that with this revalation by Kobe on his show....SAS's ego is so big now that it has its developed its own planetary orbit?

THAT'S ENTIRELY POSSIBLE.

OnlyPacersLeft
05-30-2007, 10:37 PM
yeah kobe wants to play at the united center...in front of that jordan statue...no way. And why would they send him to a western conf. team? that's crazy. Stars if traded don't stay in that conference. Of course trade him somewhere with a big man...maybe orlando? and all this we have nothing to trade for kobe...if lamar odom and caron butler equal shaqs value. Then we can sure get kobes.

ABADays
05-30-2007, 10:38 PM
I can't even begin to tell you much I absolutely F***ing HATE athletes who pull this crap.

Young
05-30-2007, 10:40 PM
Wow.

My guess as places for Kobe to be traded to.

- Chicago
Not unless they include Ben Wallace can they match Bryant's salary.

- New York
The most likely destination. Can match his salary easily with Stephon Marbury or Steve Francis while throwing in young talent like Nate Robinson, Channy Frye, David Lee, and Mardy Collins. Also have solid guys like Jared Jefferies and Jamal Crawford. Will throw in future picks as well. If the Knicks could have a starting lineup of say Marbury, Kobe, Jefferies, ?, and Curry that would be pretty good.

- Phoenix
I don't know that the Lakers will let him stay in the West but Phoenix could put a good deal together. Shawn Marion or Amare Stoudamire, Boris Diaw, picks, and guys like Marcus Banks or Raja Bell.

Not to many teams that will be able to match Bryant's salary, especially teams in the East. I could see the Wizards with Antwan Jamison's expiering contract in 2008 but I doubt Gilbert Arenas and Kobe can co-exist and I don't think the Wizards have much to add to Jamison in a deal for Kobe.

RWB
05-30-2007, 10:44 PM
Wow.

- New York
The most likely destination. Can match his salary easily with Stephon Marbury or Steve Francis while throwing in young talent like Nate Robinson, Channy Frye, David Lee, and Mardy Collins. Also have solid guys like Jared Jefferies and Jamal Crawford. Will throw in future picks as well. If the Knicks could have a starting lineup of say Marbury, Kobe, Jefferies, ?, and Curry that would be pretty good.

And willing to pay the luxury tax. :-o

Is it possible for the hated Knicks to get Kobe and then wait a year for JO?

FlavaDave
05-30-2007, 10:46 PM
To further illustrate this point, to even entertain the notion and make salaries match (w/o trading JO), we would have to offer:

Granger
Diogu
Shawne
Foster
Quis
Harrison

Murph
JO/Baston
Dun/Marshall
Kobe
Tins/McLeod/Army/Greene

We could try a JO/Quis for Kobe/Vlad offer, but I'm not sure if that would be accepted, or make either team better.

Deal. I would do it.

Young
05-30-2007, 10:51 PM
The Pacers will have no interest in Kobe, atleast I hope they wouldn't.

I don't see how we get him with the stuff we have. There is just no way.

FlavaDave
05-30-2007, 10:53 PM
The Pacers will have no interest in Kobe, atleast I hope they wouldn't.

I don't see how we get him with the stuff we have. There is just no way.

Just because the pretty girl wouldn't go out with me never stopped me from asking.

FlavaDave
05-30-2007, 10:56 PM
This could swing the other way. The Lakers might panic and offer the kitchen sick to the Pacers for O'Neal so that they could go to Kobe and say "Hey, we got Jermaine O'Neal. Will you stay now?"

Trader Joe
05-30-2007, 10:57 PM

Granger
Diogu
Shawne
Foster
Quis
Harrison

Murph
JO/Baston
Dun/Marshall
Kobe
Tins/McLeod/Army/Greene

Well I agree there is zero chance that KObe lands here you still have to go by the idea that this is Kobe Bryant, the same guy who dropped 81, the single most feared one on one player on the planet IMO. If you can get him an 8 to 1 deal you do it if you can pair him with JO.

Trader Joe
05-30-2007, 10:57 PM
This could swing the other way. The Lakers might panic and offer the kitchen sick to the Pacers for O'Neal so that they could go to Kobe and say "Hey, we got Jermaine O'Neal. Will you stay now?"

What if he says "No"

Moses
05-30-2007, 11:01 PM
There is no way we will be able to get him. I am not even getting my hopes up about it.

RWB
05-30-2007, 11:03 PM
What if he says "No"

I would be amazed if JO fought a trade to LA. Secondly he really doesn't have a choice until next year.

naptownmenace
05-30-2007, 11:05 PM
The only trade I could see LA being slightly interested in would be:

JO & Danny Granger

For

Kobe Bryant and Jordan Farmar

LA would definitely want that but then again why would Kobe want to play for an Indiana team without JO? He wouldn't. The only way the Pacers could get involved is if they found a 3rd team under the cap to get involved. But why would another team get involved in a Kobe trade without getting Kobe for themselves?

I'd love it if it could somehow happen but the likelihood has to be less than 2%. As we've seen from the draft lottery, the Pacers don't win with those type of odds.

Trader Joe
05-30-2007, 11:07 PM
I would be amazed if JO fought a trade to LA. Secondly he really doesn't have a choice until next year.

I meant Kobe staying on as a Laker even if they got JO.

FlavaDave
05-30-2007, 11:11 PM
What if he says "No"

Then he says no? I guess? I dunno.

Since86
05-30-2007, 11:13 PM
The only trade I could see LA being slightly interested in would be:

JO & Danny Granger

For

Kobe Bryant and Jordan Farmar

LA would definitely want that but then again why would Kobe want to play for an Indiana team without JO? He wouldn't. The only way the Pacers could get involved is if they found a 3rd team under the cap to get involved. But why would another team get involved in a Kobe trade without getting Kobe for themselves?

I'd love it if it could somehow happen but the likelihood has to be less than 2%. As we've seen from the draft lottery, the Pacers don't win with those type of odds.

Why would LA definately want to do that? LA plays in a tougher conference than the East, and a team led by JO and Danny didn't even make the playoffs in the East.

LA downgrades talent and gets a player in JO, who's harder to move if things don't work out, which they wouldn't.

indyman37
05-30-2007, 11:17 PM
From what I have heard....there will be NO Kobe to Chicago trade. The Bulls want to keep their core (Kirk, Gordon, Deng, and maybe Ben) together. To get Kobe, they would have to trade part of that "core." But thats what I've read.

Also, there is no way the Blazers will trade the number 1 pick. I would rather have Roy, Aldridge, and Oden any day over whatever you would get from the Lakers.

Now Seattle I could see. The Sonics would have to trade Ray Allen and the number 2, but they have already said they are willing to move it for a superstar (even though they name they used was Dwayne Wade, I think they'll take Kobe). Then they would have Kobe and, probably resigned, Rashard Lewis.

But thats just my personal opinion...

Kstat
05-30-2007, 11:33 PM
If Chicago stays out of the discussion, I do hope Joe Dumars gets into it. It's worth a try, albeit probably hopeless.

grace
05-30-2007, 11:41 PM
QFT

Word.

Although I think there may be a person or two who might take sadistic pleasure in me being miserable.

Personally, I don't think Kobe is going anywhere. It's all posturing on his part.

Oneal07
05-31-2007, 01:29 AM
LOL. . everyone blaming Kobe for demanding a trade.. . .I mean there has to be a reason why he's demanding the trade!!! He single handedly kept the Lakers winnin games and they think they can do wateva they want with the team aslong as thy have Kobe. .Kobe is not an idiot!!

avoidingtheclowns
05-31-2007, 01:44 AM
kobe and brett favre should just hook up already and get it over with...

http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/2007/05/or_maybe_not.html

Or, maybe not

Well, that was certainly a quick trip to Pluto.

In the ever-evolving Kobe Bryant fiasco, it now seems that Kobe is open to staying with the Lakers. During an interview with 570-AM, Kobe said his agent, Rob Pelinka, called Mitch Kupchak this morning to inform him of Kobe's trade demand. Yet, a phone call from Phil Jackson apparently changed Kobe's mind. Phil told Kobe that the Lakers are not committed to building a winning roster and are going to scrap their long-term plan.
So here's the latest from Kobe:

``I can only hope that they do something, because I don't want to go no place else. I don't want to. I want to stay here. I hope they do something.''

``Phil said, `we want our players to feel confortable and feel that they can trust the people they're around.' He said, `Let us try to work that out. Let us try to figure things out.' That made me feel a lot better. Phil is a guy I leaned on all season for clarity and hope. Right now, it's no different.''

``(Phil) said, `They are now determined to do something.' They're determined to get something done and they're off this long-term plan thing. They want to go ahead and get something done. For me, the frustration would have been alleviated if they had told me about a long-term plan.''

Asked directly if he wanted to stay with the Lakers, ``Man, more than anything. That's why I hope they can do something. Figure something out. When Phil and I talked, it was an emotional conversation and he said, `You know what, Kobe, just let us try to figure this thing out.' That gave me some hope because I don't want to go no place else. I want to stay here. This is my team. I love it here.''

OnlyPacersLeft
05-31-2007, 01:50 AM
yeah but so did tracy mcgrady..."Why would i want to leave home man? THIS IS HOME" he said...he basically made it like his hand was forced. And it is...

Major Cold
05-31-2007, 01:52 AM

When did Kobe say that he wasn't playing in Chicago? Is that your assumption or previously stated by Kobe.

Coop
05-31-2007, 02:02 AM
Just for ****s and giggles :D. We can't trade 1st rounders in consecutive years correct? If that's right, throw in an 08 2nd and our 09 1st.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=500 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=title_bl>Indiana Trade Breakdown</TD></TR><TR><TD class=body_bl_np width="100%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=title_dt colSpan=2>Outgoing</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=75>http://realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Murphy_Troy_gsw.jpg</TD><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=425>Troy Murphy
6-11 PF from Notre Dame
10.3 ppg, 6.1 rpg, 1.9 apg in 27.2 minutes

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=75>http://realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Daniels_Marquis_dal.jpg</TD><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=425>Marquis Daniels
6-5 SG from Auburn
7.1 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 1.3 apg in 17.8 minutes

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=75>http://realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Diogu_Ike_gsw.jpg</TD><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=425>Ike Diogu
6-8 PF from Arizona State
6.2 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 0.4 apg in 12.9 minutes

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=75>http://realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Granger_Danny_ind.jpg</TD><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=425>Danny Granger
6-8 PF from New Mexico
13.9 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 1.4 apg in 34.0 minutes

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=title_dt colSpan=2>Incoming</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=75>http://realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Bryant_Kobe_lal.jpg</TD><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=425>Kobe Bryant
6-6 SG from Lower Merion (HS)
31.6 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 5.4 apg in 40.8 minutes

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=title_gr colSpan=2>Change in team outlook: -5.9 ppg, -10.3 rpg, and +0.4 apg.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=500 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=title_bl>L.A. Lakers Trade Breakdown</TD></TR><TR><TD class=body_bl_np width="100%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=title_dt colSpan=2>Outgoing</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=75>http://realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Bryant_Kobe_lal.jpg</TD><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=425>Kobe Bryant
6-6 SG from Lower Merion (HS)
31.6 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 5.4 apg in 40.8 minutes

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=title_dt colSpan=2>Incoming</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=75>http://realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Murphy_Troy_gsw.jpg</TD><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=425>Troy Murphy
6-11 PF from Notre Dame
10.3 ppg, 6.1 rpg, 1.9 apg in 27.2 minutes

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=75>http://realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Daniels_Marquis_dal.jpg</TD><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=425>Marquis Daniels
6-5 SG from Auburn
7.1 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 1.3 apg in 17.8 minutes

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=75>http://realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Diogu_Ike_gsw.jpg</TD><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=425>Ike Diogu
6-8 PF from Arizona State
6.2 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 0.4 apg in 12.9 minutes

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=75>http://realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Granger_Danny_ind.jpg</TD><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=425>Danny Granger
6-8 PF from New Mexico
13.9 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 1.4 apg in 34.0 minutes

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=title_gr colSpan=2>Change in team outlook: +5.9 ppg, +10.3 rpg, and -0.4 apg.

Lineup:

Tinsley/Greene/Armstrong
Kobe/Rawle
Dun/Shawne
O'Neal/MLE
Foster/Baston

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
LA:

Smush/Farmar/Vujacic
Daniels/#19
Odom/Granger
Diogu/Turiaf
Bynum/Kwame
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="80%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=title_s></TD></TR><TR><TD class=body_s></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Young
05-31-2007, 02:15 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2886927

Bryant told Patrick he talked to Lakers coach Phil Jackson after talking to Smith and felt resassured.

"When Phil and I spoke, he was optimistic and determined that we'll both be back," Bryant told Patrick. "Phil is somebody I listen to. I lean on him a lot. He assured me things are going to be OK. Things are going to be all right. Don't go full bore just yet. Take a deep breath and let us work these things out and everything will be all right. Which was very encouraging.

"I don't want to go anywhere else. I want to be here for the rest of my career. It was encouraging to hear that."

Oneal07
05-31-2007, 02:24 AM
Obviously Phil Jackson is gonna try to keep Kobe. . .He said himself, he's only gonna coach the team if Kobe is on there!!!

Oneal07
05-31-2007, 02:32 AM
Wassup y'all ...

Man, today is one of those surreal days for me and my family. When you love something as much as I love the Lakers its hard to even imagine thinking about being elsewhere. But, the ONE THING I will never sacrifice when it comes to basketball is WINNING. That is plain and simply what it's all about. It's in my DNA. It's what pushes me to work as hard as I do. It's my daily passion and pursuit.
The more I thought about the future, the more I became convinced that the Lakers and me just have two different visions for the future. The Lakers are pursuing a longer-term plan that is different from what Dr. Buss shared with me at the time I re-signed as a free agent. I have seen that plan unfold for the last three years and watched great trade opportunities come and go, and have seen free agents passed on. That has led to the Lakers not winning a playoff series. All of that was frustrating in itself, but then, this week to have someone "inside" the Laker organization try to blame me in the media for us not being a contender right now -- that is what brought me to my current position today.
I want it to be clear that I still love, with all my heart, the Laker Legacy. From Mikan to West to Goodrich to Wilt to Kareem to Magic. That will never change. And the support my family and I have gotten from Lakers fans is undeniably the best. I will also always believe that.
But, now there is a new road ahead. I am gonna keep grindin and keep workin to get back to competing for Championships. Sometimes the trek up the mountain is tough. But, I know we'll get there.
Strength and Honor,
Kobe

http://news.kb24.com/#303

Shade
05-31-2007, 03:01 AM
Kobe has to be the most bi-polar person I've ever seen.

I want to retire a Laker.

Trade me.

Trade me.

All over the period of a few days. :rolleyes:

grace
05-31-2007, 03:26 AM
Kobe has to be the most bi-polar person I've ever seen.

Are you sure about that?

http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/20060326/artest_599.jpg

ABADays
05-31-2007, 03:45 AM
Kobe is a joke unto himself. Just listening to all the sports shows today he has more sides of his mouth than I would have ever thought possible.

Young
05-31-2007, 03:55 AM
I don't really blame Kobe for saying he wants to be traded.

Kobe has to put pressure on them to make things happen. I'd be ****ed too if I was him. I'd look at Kevin Garnett and say hey I don't want to be in a mess like that. There is no reason to waste his career.

carpediem024
05-31-2007, 04:25 AM
If Kobe did get traded, anyone wonders how crazy the environment would be on the first game he plays back in LA. I hope he stays, but if he gets traded I hope he lands to Chicago.

NorCal_Pacerfan
05-31-2007, 04:26 AM
Kobe and Shaq had a great run, a great dynasty. But hey, there's alot of great players and stars in the league. Only two teams get to the finals. Good teams and great players get bumped out of the p'offs all the time. These Ego's all expect to win the title every time around, and life's just not like that. Sure, you always want to strive to win and do better every time. But all this *****in' and moanin' just makes me respect them even less. I mean damn, look at teams like the Nuggets, or the Rockets. Loaded with stars and talent, still getting bumped first round. Success is elusive and mysterious. These whiners need to get a bleepin' reality pimp smack and shut the #$%^ up.