PDA

View Full Version : Contracts ending this summer?

Anthem
05-30-2007, 12:28 AM
Hey guys. Hoopshype says that McLeod, Armstrong, Baston, and Marshall all have contracts that ended with the close of the season.

I was under the impression that Baston and McLeod had another year on their contracts, as did Marshall. Do I have that wrong?

What are the odds of these guys coming back next year?

CableKC
05-30-2007, 12:32 AM
If I had to pick 2...I would want to keep McLeod and Baston.

Anthem
05-30-2007, 12:33 AM
If I had to pick 2...I would want to keep McLeod and Baston.
I thought Baston signed a 2-year contract. Maybe I'm wrong in that.

EDIT: Nope, player option. I was originally asking for Baston to be cut, but he really grew on me. I'd love to see him have a larger role next year.

Good interview here:

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/0607_review_baston.html

aero
05-30-2007, 01:11 AM
im only interested in re-signing Armstrong and Baston.

OakMoses
05-30-2007, 01:22 AM
McLeod and Marshall are true free agents.

Baston has a player option.

Armstrong has two unguaranteed years left on his contract, which essentially makes it a team option.

indyman37
05-30-2007, 01:28 AM
1. Resign McLeod.
2. If Baston opts out, try to sign him again (but I doubt he will opt out).
3. I am pretty sure DA isn't retiring like he stated earlier.
4. Let Marshall go, he didn't prove anything to me during the season.

speakout4
05-30-2007, 03:04 AM
1. Resign McLeod.
2. If Baston opts out, try to sign him again (but I doubt he will opt out).
3. I am pretty sure DA isn't retiring like he stated earlier.
4. Let Marshall go, he didn't prove anything to me during the season.
The only one of these guys that I think would be a big mistake not to keep is McLeod. The rest are all ifffy. I don't think we even saw McLeod's best yet but agree he is not a starting pg. I would keep Baston and Armstrong for another year but Marshall showed me nothing. I even doubt that Quis will contribute more than last year injury and all.

Young
05-30-2007, 06:09 AM
I agree keep McLeod.

He did start to play solid towards the end of the year.

I don't know that we will get a better backup than him.

Keep him. This team needs some stability somewhere.

I'm just worried that he is a Rick Carlise product. Guys like Anthony Johnson, James Jones, and Fred Jones played very well under RC but have failed to play nearly as well since moving on to other teams and coaches.

wintermute
05-30-2007, 08:19 AM
McLeod and Marshall are true free agents.

Baston has a player option.

Armstrong has two unguaranteed years left on his contract, which essentially makes it a team option.

this is correct.

if darell still wants to play, i'd be open to keeping him. i foresee our young team getting even younger this summer, so we'll need all the veteran leadership we can get.

baston is ok. he helps our big man depth. but depending on what moves we make, he can easily become redundant.

mcleod is... competent, as a backup pg. imo, i'd rather invest development time on someone like orien who's not as good a pg but who has exceptional skills in other areas. mcleod imo should just be the fallback if we can't get anyone else.

rawle has been disappointing. all that pre-season promise just disappeared. and it's not as if he didn't get chances - he got a couple of starts, then when quis got injured post-trade, rawle had a real chance to secure a spot in the rotation. time to move on i think.

Naptown_Seth
05-30-2007, 09:37 AM
Army will only hurt the team if he plays a lot. His game is gone, he's running on pure energy only at this point. Now if the case is that the team stinks anyway and is young then I agree you keep him because the team might as well mature under vet leadership if they are going to lose anyway.

OTOH, if you truly thought you had a team making a run for the playoffs then Army becomes a distraction and something of a roadblock to that. I mean he put up a lot of 3s per game at a horrifyingly bad rate, that's not something you want on the court much. Add to that how badly he gambles on defense.

McLeod, I have little interest in but neither does the rest of the NBA. Might be a good enough keep, but I'd rather see them work on Greene's handles in order to get him on the court more.

I'd love to see Baston back. He's 10-15 mpg, but he'll flush a couple for you and make a couple of solid hustle plays or shot blocks along the way.

Marshall is a tough call, he still has potential but you'd have to see it in the context of the coaching staff and the rest of the roster. Right now he's one of the few true SG types on the team.

Trader Joe
05-30-2007, 05:07 PM
If we keep DA he better retire and take up a spot as an assistant coach. He is a waste of a roster spot on a team like this otherwise. Maybe if we were actually competing for something and needed the leadership then he would serve a purpose. Otherwise at this point he is just in the way.