PDA

View Full Version : Jermaine a Knick?

LoneGranger33
05-16-2007, 06:20 PM
I was told by phone that radio reports suggest the New York Knicks want to trade for JO, and they're willing to start a deal with David Lee...Please tell me this isn't true.

bellisimo
05-16-2007, 06:27 PM
it's not true...

thank you come again ;)

colonialspacers
05-16-2007, 06:29 PM
I sure as heck wouldn't know if it is true or not, but if you're worried, do you mind naming us the source and what radio reports they suggested? Otherwise it just sounds like baseless rumors to me and nothing to really consider deeply.

speakout4
05-16-2007, 06:30 PM
I could start a conversation starting with David Lee.

colonialspacers
05-16-2007, 06:33 PM
Lee, Balkman, Francis, Rose, and a pick for JO and Tinsley, since JT seems to be one of Isiah's pets. With the way that Balkman appears to be turning into a rebounding machine, I'd even consider putting in Foster. I think Frye could be easily had as well maybe, he's on the outs with IT. Maybe 4 of those 5 guys?

Francis and Rose aren't amazing but have expiring deals and we'd definately be in rebuilding mode for a couple of years. It depends on if the fans/org are wanting to either "retool" again or completely rebuild.

Jermaniac
05-16-2007, 06:34 PM
I could start a conversation starting with David Lee.

Crawford,Frye,Lee,a future pick.And another dude to fill out the contracts.

And I still would have trouble doing that trade. Frye is soft but he is going to be better then Ike. Lee I like, Jeff Foster who can shoot a layup and dunk. Craw can be our leading scorer. If I was to deal with the Knicks thats what I would want and thats all they have that I want, but I dont really like it.

LoneGranger33
05-16-2007, 06:41 PM
My dad told me about it. He heard it on the radio on the way home, but I think it wasn't a "trade complete" as much as a "let's talk" type of rumor. So, shoot the messenger if you desire. No Tinsley trade please.

speakout4
05-16-2007, 06:50 PM

And I still would have trouble doing that trade. Frye is soft but he is going to be better then Ike. Lee I like, Jeff Foster who can shoot a layup and dunk. Craw can be our leading scorer. If I was to deal with the Knicks thats what I would want and thats all they have that I want, but I dont really like it.
In two years the JO you know will be merely a shadow of himself. He is going to be traded to a team that needs to win now.

BoomBaby31
05-16-2007, 07:17 PM
If JO is going anywhere, I'm betting it is the Lakers. Lakers are willing to trade anyone except number 8 i mean 24. lol

Jermaniac
05-16-2007, 07:26 PM
In two years the JO you know will be merely a shadow of himself. He is going to be traded to a team that needs to win now.And that is why I dont want him going to the Knicks.

CableKC
05-16-2007, 07:35 PM
So...am I the only one that would want Marbury back in any trade with the Knicks if JONeal is traded with Tinsley stuffed in his suitcase?

Jermaniac
05-16-2007, 07:38 PM
Marbury is past it, if this was a few years ago I would do it.

Young
05-16-2007, 07:42 PM

I agree with you.

Frye ain't half bad, Lee is pretty good himself. Crawford I like as a two guard.

I think that Frye can be a 20 point scorer. He played a lot better under Larry Brown than IT, so maybe a different head coach will help him out a little bit.

FrenchConnection
05-16-2007, 07:49 PM
What I hate about any potential JO trades is the number of players that we have to take back. I really think that we would be better off just keeping him than becoming the Indiana Knicks. If Craw is your leading scorer, then you are in the same place as we are now but not any closer to being better, if you know what I mean. And ho does JO help the Knicks? They need so much that adding JO does little for them.

CableKC
05-16-2007, 08:08 PM

Salarywise....we would have to take back $4.53 million in 2007-2008 salaries from the Knicks.

Contractwise....a JCraw+Rose+Frye+Lee for JONeal would work...with Rose expiring in 2008-2009...clearing up space to resign Granger, Ike or Shawne when they are up for contract extensions.

But I still wish we can figure out a way to package Tinsley with JONeal. Despite some of your reservations about Marbury, I wouldn't mind a Marbury+JCraw for JONeal+Tinsley trade.

ajbry
05-16-2007, 08:10 PM
As I've said many times before, I'd love to see J-Craw in a Pacers uniform. The funny thing would be to see how the Indiana fans react to him after a while.

As for getting Frye and/or Lee, that's a must. If we ain't getting one of those two, the negotiations have to end immediately.

LoneGranger33
05-16-2007, 08:21 PM
For our sake, and for JO's, I also hope he goes to the Lakers. But I don't want no Farmar or Kwame Brown **** in return.

DisapointedPacerFan
05-16-2007, 08:28 PM
if we trade with the knicks, a 1stround pick and two of channing frye, david lee, nate robinson, and jamal crawford are REQUIRED...we could def use the young talent and i think having frye or lee would be great at PF...problem is tho is that i dont think either of them want to share time with diogu....id like to have robinson...he's a true SG

Los Angeles
05-16-2007, 08:50 PM
You heard from someone who heard speculation on the radio, huh?

This was not thread worthy, IMHO. Can't wait for all the crappy trade proposals to keep pouring in.

Jose Slaughter
05-16-2007, 08:50 PM
Mardy Collins hasto be included.

I don't know how many others it would take but it would have to be Frye, Collins & whatever else. If we can get Lee added, even better. Right now all I'm interested in is young guys with promise, a (close to) ending contract & maybe a pick.

Roaming Gnome
05-16-2007, 08:51 PM
:trashcan: Honestly, I don't like any deal with the Knicks. There isn't a single player on their roster that I'd want for Jermaine. I hope TPTB will have more options because I'd hate to be a combination of Golden State's undesirables and some average players from the Knicks. :puke:

diamonddave00
05-16-2007, 09:04 PM
The trade I see if the Knicks is Crawford, Francis (2yr 33.5 mil deal) , Frye and/or Lee and pick 23 for JO, Tinsley and Baston or Harrison.

Francis gives a 2 year point guard and cap space a year earlier. Crawford a slashing guard, Frye a soft big man with trade value, Lee a better Foster and pick 23 the best available player perhaps Javarius Crittenden, Rudy Fernandez or Marcus Williams .

JO and Curry would be a very solidd pf/c combo, Tinsley would play for his idol and 1st NBA coach Thomas(one of few gms who would accept Jamaal to get JO) Baston or Harrison a servicable big with short term deal.

Not saying Knicks trade occurs but Bird will ask for a lot to keep JO in the East.

indyman37
05-16-2007, 09:06 PM
The trade I see if the Knicks is Crawford, Francis (2yr 33.5 mil deal) , Frye and/or Lee and pick 23 for JO, Tinsley and Baston or Harrison.

Francis gives a 2 year point guard and cap space a year earlier. Crawford a slashing guard, Frye a soft big man with trade value, Lee a better Foster and pick 23 the best available player perhaps Javarius Crittenden, Rudy Fernandez or Marcus Williams .

JO and Curry would be a very solidd pf/c combo, Tinsley would play for his idol and 1st NBA coach Thomas(one of few gms who would accept Jamaal to get JO) Baston or Harrison a servicable big with short term deal.

Not saying Knicks trade occurs but Bird will ask for a lot to keep JO in the East.
I would definitely prefer to trade them Harrison rather than Baston. I keep Baston over Harrison any day.

Slick Pinkham
05-16-2007, 09:15 PM
As I've said many times before, I'd love to see J-Craw in a Pacers uniform. The funny thing would be to see how the Indiana fans react to him after a while.

In 40 years only one Pacer player has been booed off the court by Pacer fans, so as long as he plays hard, avoids committing felonies, and isn't an active gang member then he would be OK.

avoidingtheclowns
05-16-2007, 10:35 PM
why does everyone want both frye and lee? for all the people complaining about diogu's lack of floor time it certainly seems like an odd direction to go. we want lee not frye because he can't defend a bit and the problem isiah has is he can't play frye with curry because of the lack of front court defense. thats the purpose JO would serve... providing minutes at PF and C along side curry and frye respectively.

Alpolloloco
05-16-2007, 10:53 PM
In 40 years only one Pacer player has been booed off the court by Pacer fans, so as long as he plays hard, avoids committing felonies, and isn't an active gang member then he would be OK.

Ouch ...

Lee/Frye/Collins/Crawford/#23 pick as the young talent added with Francis and Rose to match salaries for JO/JT/Murphy.

Our lineup will then be:

Francis/DA/Collins
Crawford/Daniels/#23 pick
Granger/Dunleavy/Williams
Diogu/Lee/Baston/Rose
Frye/Foster/Harrison

I'm willing to give this a try I guess, although it looks a little soft defensively.

Arcadian
05-16-2007, 11:20 PM
I'd cry a little if we traded with the Knicks. It's just a collection of OK players. If your trading a six time all star you'd better be getting at least the chance of something great be that picks or a former all star whose star has dropped. This getting young players who could one day be servicable doesn't do anything for me.

FrenchConnection
05-16-2007, 11:26 PM
Ouch ...

Lee/Frye/Collins/Crawford/#23 pick as the young talent added with Francis and Rose to match salaries for JO/JT/Murphy.

Our lineup will then be:

Francis/DA/Collins
Crawford/Daniels/#23 pick
Granger/Dunleavy/Williams
Diogu/Lee/Baston/Rose
Frye/Foster/Harrison

I'm willing to give this a try I guess, although it looks a little soft defensively.

Again, how is this any better than last year's Knicks team. We cannot take both Francis and Craw. Also, Shawne needs to be at least 6-7 in the rotation if we are indeed rebuilding. If we have to trade JO, we need to get fewer players that need minutes. We need a big, bad contract and a good young player and a pick. The big contract can ride the pine while the young player and the pick can develop.

LoneGranger33
05-17-2007, 12:04 AM
You heard from someone who heard speculation on the radio, huh?

This was not thread worthy, IMHO. Can't wait for all the crappy trade proposals to keep pouring in.

Well, when he first told me, he said it was a fact that was being reported. He has a tendency not to listen carefully...No need to be harsh.

avoidingtheclowns
05-17-2007, 12:08 AM
the good news is that your father is about as accurate as vescey

grace
05-17-2007, 12:17 AM
Don't blame the radio. They probably heard it from Channel 13.

Shade
05-17-2007, 12:22 AM
I know everyone wants to move Tinsley, but I would much rather move Murphy.

JO & Murph
for
Lee, Frye, Crawford, Francis, and the #23 pick

...is something I would consider.

C - Foster/Baston/Harrison
PF - Ike/Frye
SF - Lee/Danny/Shawne
SG - Crawford/Quis/Dun
PG - Francis/Tins/McLeod/Army

Nothing spectacular, but leaves us 2 deep at every position, and with a much better contract situation with the ability to practically reset the entire roster in 2-3 years.

Jermaniac
05-17-2007, 12:23 AM
I know everyone wants to move Tinsley, but I would much rather move Murphy.

JO & Murph
for
Lee, Frye, Crawford, Francis, and the #23 pick

...is something I would consider.

C - Foster/Baston/Harrison
PF - Ike/Frye
SF - Lee/Danny/Shawne
SG - Crawford/Quis/Dun
PG - Francis/Tins/McLeod/Army

Nothing spectacular, but leaves us 2 deep at every position, and with a much better contract situation with the ability to practically reset the entire roster in 2-3 years.
Exactly, moving Murphy would be great because you know every coach will start him over Ike even though Ike is better then him.

No way Lee starts over Danny either.

diamonddave00
05-17-2007, 01:33 AM
Doubt Frye and Lee are both acquired. But if they are Frye has trade value.

Naptown_Seth
05-17-2007, 01:41 AM
So you weren't going to games 20 years ago then. I recall Smits catching quite a bit of flack, probably due to his association with the Dutch mafia I suppose. (was "Smits you're a clown" code for that, I'm not sure, but I know it was said)

I saw the blowout vs Boston a couple of years ago in the playoffs from the 3rd row (ie, right by the court). The sounds coming down toward players like CROSHERE (ie, not Jackson) weren't of the "hey, good effort" nature. Of course his felony for dealing drugs on SM pier probably caused that.

Pat those fans on the back some more because they've never, ever turned on the Pacers at any point other than that single one and for those explicitly off-court reasons.

I attended the 87 draft party in MSA. Support was running pretty low then too and the guy hadn't even put on the uniform yet. The deep and profound basketball awareness of Indy fans can never be questioned. If they turn on you then you earned it, or are from the wrong college, one or the other.

My money would be firmly on Francis or Marbury being about 4 bad games and a couple of complaining sessions to refs away from full-on boos, even if those bad games and complaints were identical to the magnitude you got with Armstrong this year. If they have to carry one of those guys off the court due to them having a tantrum over a call that would be the end of it for them with the fanbase right there.

Don't blame the radio. They probably heard it from Channel 13.
Nice. :)
Wait, does this mean the deal is going to happen 2 months from now???