PDA

View Full Version : Deadline?

Harddrive7
05-16-2007, 10:59 AM
I was curious, shouldn't we be trying to get a new coach like really quick? I mean isn't that the norm?

I always thought that getting a new coach was something of an urgency. Do we have to wait for the playoffs to be over even though there isn't a caoch in our interest in the playoffs?

Just wondering.

FrenchConnection
05-16-2007, 11:07 AM
I was curious, shouldn't we be trying to get a new coach like really quick? I mean isn't that the norm?

I always thought that getting a new coach was something of an urgency. Do we have to wait for the playoffs to be over even though there isn't a caoch in our interest in the playoffs?

Just wondering.

If you had a draft pick, you would want a new coach before selecting a player. But since we don't have one, I don't think that it matters until a few weeks before camp.

Unclebuck
05-16-2007, 11:53 AM
There is an article in the Toronto Star suggesting that the Raptors would really like to have their coaching situation done by May 29th - that is the Orlando pre-draft camp - which is more important than ever since there aren't any individual workouts anymore.

In general I don't care how long it takes. If it takes until October 1st to get the best coach possible - then that is fine by me.

By the way - no one has hired a new coach yet this offseason.

If you believe reports two of the Pacers top candidates aren't available yet. Boylan and Mitchell. So why would you rush to hire someone when you haven't completed your search yet.

Another note: I have read 3 different reports - one out of Toronto and two out of NY that indicate the Raptors will not hire Marc Iavaroni even if Sam Mitchell goes elsewhere. So the Pacers might be waiting on Marc also.

Harddrive7
05-16-2007, 12:06 PM
There is an article in the Toronto Star suggesting that the Raptors would really like to have their coaching situation done by May 29th - that is the Orlando pre-draft camp - which is more important than ever since there aren't any individual workouts anymore.

In general I don't care how long it takes. If it takes until October 1st to get the best coach possible - then that is fine by me.

By the way - no one has hired a new coach yet this offseason.

If you believe reports two of the Pacers top candidates aren't available yet. Boylan and Mitchell. So why would you rush to hire someone when you haven't completed your search yet.

Another note: I have read 3 different reports - one out of Toronto and two out of NY that indicate the Raptors will not hire Marc Iavaroni even if Sam Mitchell goes elsewhere. So the Pacers might be waiting on Marc also.

Good point, thank you sir!

pwee31
05-16-2007, 02:49 PM
If you had a draft pick, you would want a new coach before selecting a player. But since we don't have one, I don't think that it matters until a few weeks before camp.

Hopefully this point changes Tuesday! :D