PDA

View Full Version : Who would you prefer...

indyman37
05-11-2007, 10:12 PM
I have noticed a lot lately that some believe that Granger will become a star, but people also feel that Shawne will be better. If we had to keep only one...who would you choose and why?

Kegboy
05-11-2007, 10:19 PM
All things being equal, Danny. However, Danny would probably get us more in return.

JayRedd
05-11-2007, 10:44 PM
Granger...but by a lot less than six months ago.

Jermaniac
05-11-2007, 10:49 PM
Shawne is my boy so Shawne. When JO leaves thats my favorite Pacer.

BlueNGold
05-11-2007, 11:00 PM
The assumption here is that we must trade one of them...which I would avoid because they will both be very good and be improving players.

In any event, there are several reasons I would keep Williams notwithstanding the fact I really like DG. First, Granger will get more value on the market simply because he is a more proven commodity. It is clear he will be an allstar or near allstar talent. Second, Williams is a more instinctive player. The game was not too quick for him as a rookie, which is a very good sign. Third, Williams has a smoother stroke. He has a lot of confidence in his shot and he gets it off more quickly. He could turn out to be an offensive machine with the ability to score easily from anywhere on the floor. He just appears to have more natural talent on the offensive end. Fourth, Williams has better length. Once he gets better strength, he will almost naturally be a good defender due to his quickness and length. Also, Williams is a couple years younger.

I really think Williams will be at least as good as DG, possibly a notch above.

Naptown_Seth
05-11-2007, 11:04 PM
Shawne is my boy so Shawne. When JO leaves thats my favorite Pacer.
Ditto, and I really like Granger. Man do I hope they keep those 2 together and just play double wing. GS is proving that you can make things work with a slew of SG/SF types on the court.

I'd like to see them attacking the rim from either wing, following each other in for dumps, weaves, etc.

madison
05-12-2007, 06:05 PM
I just want to get better talent on this team. If that results in trading any player on the team, I'm OK. I know this will be highly unpopular, but Granger was a BIG disappointment to me this past season, especially after the trade when he became a key member of the squad. His rebounding tanked and defensively, he was average at best. Danny is a LONG way from all-star material. Unless he does something dramatic this summer in terms of development, he's headed for mediocrcy. As for Williams, give me a break. He's nothing special and probably never will be. Fans are smokin' something if they think either of these guys is going to take this team anywhere.

Lord Helmet
05-12-2007, 06:52 PM
I would keep Danny, but I want to keep both of these players.

beast23
05-12-2007, 08:34 PM
I don't think there is any way in hell you part with either of these players at this time. Our rebuilding will not last just this one summer, it will take 2 to 3 years.

Is it not far wiser to give both players another year of development, with the possibility of a trade following next season when each has even more value then than now?

Jermaine is the asset of value that will bring back very decent players in return. Not Danny or Shawne. And, Jermaine may very well be the only player we have that will also coerce another team into taking Tinsley as part of the deal.

Y2J
05-12-2007, 10:00 PM
Is Shawne Williams the most hyped 4 ppg player in Pacers history?

LoneGranger33
05-13-2007, 01:39 AM
Is Shawne Williams the most hyped 4 ppg player in Pacers history?

Travis Best had 3.7 points per game his rookie year. And that dude was God-like.

I think they both have good attitudes, but I don't want to have to change my name, so I take Danny (even though Shawne might be better, and is definitely more confident)

avoidingtheclowns
05-13-2007, 11:00 AM
i think year three is going to be telling for danny. i think he was asked to do a lot of things outside of his comfort zone this season. after we didn't bring in a 3pt shooter, he had to really develop that part of his game and showed significant improvement but then stopped driving the lane like he had which became more of a problem when quis went down and you had dunleavy and murphy who didn't take it to the rim aggressively. i think in a lot of cases was called upon to be our defensive stopper, especially after SJax was traded and i think his defensive abilities showed more holes because of that. so it is a tall order for a second year player to be asked to be our new 3pt shooter, #2 scoring option and defensive stopper. danny is still going to at least be a solid player in the league, he's demonstrated that and if we're going into severe rebuilding mode, he'd be a guy i'd like to keep because he is a great complimentary player, he's obviously willing to do what is asked of him for the team.

frankly i'd like to keep both and see what develops playing them together.

317Kim
05-13-2007, 12:51 PM
I like both and I see a lot of the "P" word in both, but if I had to choose one, it'd be Danny.

Haggard
05-14-2007, 11:32 AM
I would prefer to hang on to Danny however we would get more for him in return when rebuilding this team