PDA

View Full Version : In David Stern's Most Perfect World

indygeezer
05-11-2007, 03:02 PM
The Pacers trade JO to Kob uh LA

AND

The Knicks and Celtics win picks 1----2 in the upcoming lottery.

(sorry, just some of my senile, old-man, second childhoodishness)

ABADays
05-11-2007, 03:49 PM
And the Pacers fold.

indygeezer
05-11-2007, 04:13 PM
And the Pacers fold.

oooooooo good one. :devil:

Oh but wait. Who would be the cannonfodder for the big guys to beat up on during their romps to the finals? Ya gotta have someone to beat up on (just make sure those refs know when to call a 4-point foul)

CableKC
05-11-2007, 05:20 PM
The Pacers trade JO to Kob without giving up Odom uh LA
Fixed. I don't think that the Lakers could do it without Odom as a 3rd wheel.

Anthem
05-14-2007, 02:14 AM
Fixed. I don't think that the Lakers could do it without Odom as a 3rd wheel.
Trade won't work without him. Salaries can't match.

That being said, Bynum/Conley is a lot more intriguing to me than Odom.

Y2J
05-14-2007, 02:22 AM
The Knicks can't land the 1st pick since their 1st rounder belongs to Chicago. I'm sure Stern wouldn't mind Oden or Durant in their 3rd largest market though (Chicago), or even Philly.

Boston gets Oden, Philly gets Durant, the east coast remains happy.

Mr.ThunderMakeR
05-14-2007, 02:26 AM
Wouldnt it be better business-wise for Stern to make the smaller-market teams more successful? I mean the big-market teams like New Yourk, LA, etc are gonna draw big crowds no matter what. The small market teams need star-power to draw crowds. Wouldnt Stern make more money if every team was successful, not just the big-market teams?

Anthem
05-14-2007, 09:58 AM
Wouldnt it be better business-wise for Stern to make the smaller-market teams more successful? I mean the big-market teams like New Yourk, LA, etc are gonna draw big crowds no matter what. The small market teams need star-power to draw crowds. Wouldnt Stern make more money if every team was successful, not just the big-market teams?
Nope. It's about TV numbers, not stadium attendance.

Given that, you'd think stadium prices would go down. But I digress.

CableKC
05-14-2007, 10:12 AM
Trade won't work without him. Salaries can't match.

That being said, Bynum/Conley is a lot more intriguing to me than Odom.
I'm not saying that we would do it...or that its even a fair deal....but a deal of Kwame+Cook+Bynum+Smush (S&T) + 19th pick for JONeal would work ( I think that is within the 125% salary cap limit ).

I'm just saying that there are salaries that can be cobbled together to make a deal work under the salary cap....which ( of course ) is different then a deal that the Pacers would accept.

My whole point is that I don't think that the Lakers want to give up Odom to get JONeal. I think that they would do it for KG.....but I don't think that they would go that far for JONeal and/or Gasol...only because I think that they place such a high premium on Bynum and Odom...that they will not want to give up both.

Personally.....the best deal that I would do would be Odom+Bynum ( nothing else..no draft pick...no nothing ) for JONeal. This way...the Lakers still have Kwame's Expiring Contract to make any trades with.

colonialspacers
05-14-2007, 04:32 PM
Nope. It's about TV numbers, not stadium attendance.

Given that, you'd think stadium prices would go down. But I digress.

You'd think, but of course not. They'll suck every dollar out of all of us :devil::devil::devil::devil:

David Stern's worst nightmare is that somehow Milwaukee and Indiana manage to be the NBA's next two dynasties :) :)

indygeezer
05-14-2007, 04:35 PM
I'm not saying that we would do it...or that its even a fair deal....but a deal of Kwame+Cook+Bynum+Smush (S&T) + 19th pick for JONeal would work ( I think that is within the 125% salary cap limit ).

I'm just saying that there are salaries that can be cobbled together to make a deal work under the salary cap....which ( of course ) is different then a deal that the Pacers would accept.

My whole point is that I don't think that the Lakers want to give up Odom to get JONeal. I think that they would do it for KG.....but I don't think that they would go that far for JONeal and/or Gasol...only because I think that they place such a high premium on Bynum and Odom...that they will not want to give up both.

Personally.....the best deal that I would do would be Odom+Bynum ( nothing else..no draft pick...no nothing ) for JONeal. This way...the Lakers still have Kwame's Expiring Contract to make any trades with.

Unfortunately those decisions are not up to we fans. The franchise will do exactly whatever Der Fuhrer "suggests" (at least in his perfect world we would).

JayRedd
05-15-2007, 02:32 PM
Kobe & KG in Purple and Gold is infinitely more desirable than Kobe & JO.