PDA

View Full Version : Walsh Clears Air On O'Neal Speculation (Pacers.com)

RoboHicks
05-10-2007, 04:50 PM
Caught In The Web: As a player, coach and executive, Larry Bird has never been one to take indirect shots. Which is why franchise CEO Donnie Walsh was surprised to see a newspaper report suggesting Bird had done just that.

More... (http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/web_070510.html?rss=true)

Shade
05-10-2007, 06:05 PM
This belongs in the main forum, IMO.

Hicks
05-10-2007, 06:07 PM
True, and it has been added in a reply to at least two threads that I have read.

Kegboy
05-10-2007, 07:34 PM
As a player, coach and executive, Larry Bird has never been one to take indirect shots.

Bull ****ing ****. He defines passive-aggressive. Sometimes I think he taught my boss everything she knows.

Los Angeles
05-10-2007, 07:40 PM
I've heard Larry is extremely direct in business dealings. It's when he talks to the press that he turns into Passive-Aggressive Man.

Case in point: remember in an interview he talked about how he hated it when players wear their headbands up on their hairline?

It wasn't until the article came out that suddenly - I mean pretty much the next day - Jack changes his hair and stops wearing his headband like that.

Peck
05-11-2007, 11:41 AM
This article my friends is the pure definition of what is wrong and has been wrong with Pacers basketball for at least the last 4 years.

Larry Bird is supposedly in charge, yet once again we have Donnie Walsh speaking for the franchise.

When J.O. supposedly "cleared the air" about demanding a trade it wasn't Bird who he spoke about it was Donnie Walsh.

I really had hoped that Walsh was going to walk away, I knew he wouldn't but I hoped. But barring that I really really was hoping he was going to back away from running the team.

I'm sorry but since the one interview about Carlisle leaving I have seen nothing to indicate to me that Larry Bird is finally really in charge here.

We have more of the same and I'm sorry but the same is a muddled mess. We need one voice, one direction and there needs to be a clear line of accountablilty.

Oh in truth it really is there and always has been. His name is Walsh, yet no one ever wants to hold him accountable for the debacle that our team has become.

Look I hated Bird as a player worse than any of you. I hated the F'n Celtics with a passion. However I have put that out of my mind. If Scottie Pippen became our head coach I wouldn't hold his Bulls years against him either.

This two headed dragon stuff is for the birds (pardon the pun).

Doug
05-11-2007, 11:48 AM
If Scottie Pippen became our head coach I wouldn't hold his Bulls years against him either.

How about Jon Starks? :)

efx
05-11-2007, 12:56 PM
How about Jon Starks? :)

How about Larry Johnson :)

Doug
05-11-2007, 01:00 PM

How about Larry Bird?

Oh, wait...

Robobtowncolt
05-11-2007, 01:00 PM

http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Slope/7086/p99ilj05.jpg

CableKC
05-11-2007, 01:03 PM
http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/web_070510.html?rss=true

Though neither Bird nor Walsh have commented, or will comment, on the search for the next head coach, some names of candidates are surfacing in media reports.

The Indianapolis Star named former Miami Heat coach Stan Van Gundy as a candidate. Van Gundy, who recently interviewed with the Charlotte Hornets, had a 112-73 record in Miami including a trip to the 2005 Eastern Conference Finals before being replaced by Pat Riley early in the '05-06 season.

Minor blurb in the "Rumor Mill beginning to churn" section. Either TPTB are reading PD...or ( if this has a grain of truth to it )...someone up there is finally getting a clue.