PDA

View Full Version : WTHR: Reggie Theus wants an interview

Unclebuck
05-09-2007, 06:02 PM
Nothing new here, just another over-hyped report.

Kegboy
05-09-2007, 06:03 PM
I will bet you the 10 grand you owe Jermainiac that he's referring to the AP article about Johnny Davis today.

Nothing to see here.

[edit] I just noticed you said "leading". If he really is talking about Johnny Davis that's deplorable reporting.

burnzone
05-09-2007, 06:05 PM
I bet he says Reggie Theus, 5 days after everyone saw the espn page, days late as usual for Wofford.

Jermaniac
05-09-2007, 06:12 PM
Kevin O'Neal?

Coop
05-09-2007, 06:16 PM
Wow, what would we do without Wofford?? He says Theus would very much like to have an interview with the Pacers. He's a hot commodity, blah blah blah...
Oh, and JO didn't ask for a trade to NY!!!!! I'm glad we got all that cleared up :unimpress

Unclebuck
05-09-2007, 06:17 PM
Reggie Theus.

Bogus re-hashed report. All they reported is that Reggie is interested and would like an interview. So he hasn't even interviewed yet.

I'm about done watching local sports

Hicks
05-09-2007, 06:18 PM
I just saw this, I have 6:23PM, so I thought maybe they hadn't said yet. It's still showing sports on WTHR. Did they already cover the Pacers?

Hicks
05-09-2007, 06:18 PM
Reggie Theus.

Bogus re-hashed report. All they reported is that Reggie is interested and would like an interview. So he hasn't even interviewed yet.

I'm about done watching local sports

Bah what misleading crap on their part.

There was a time when seeing a subject heading starting with "WTHR" meant something big and official was happening. No more. It'll take some time to completely get that feeling out of my system when I see it, but I'm walking down that path.

Unclebuck
05-09-2007, 06:19 PM
I just saw this, I have 6:23PM, so I thought maybe they hadn't said yet. It's still showing sports on WTHR. Did they already cover the Pacers?

Yes they already covered it. I changed the thread title.

I hate local TV news sports

Kegboy
05-09-2007, 06:19 PM
Okay, so he equates Reggie Theus wanting the job to "leading coaching candidate"? At least you could defend saying that about Davis, since he's still with the organization. Can't wait to see what he does say about Johnny. I can see it, on Friday they'll say, "Pacers set to sign a familiar face, details at 6:20!"

Unclebuck
05-09-2007, 06:22 PM
They teased this at 5:55, and what they really should have done to create a stir is report that "Reggie" wants an interview to be the pacers head coach. 99% of the viewers would think they meant Reggie Miller. I mean if they are going to continue to try and create interest, why not really shake things up.

I mean if Theus had intereviewed for the job and WTHR was the only local station to know this and they reported that, then I'd say OK, you have something.

Afterall there are probably 30 coaches who would like an interview for the job - they could do one story per day for the next month

clownskull
05-10-2007, 05:59 PM
damn, i missed it. oh, well not really disapointed at all. this seems to be the style anymore. crappy journalism followed by crapier journalism. mislead and distort are the theme. and the media wonders sometimes why the public has general distrust of them.
sounds like more of the same- unfortunately.

Shade
05-10-2007, 06:02 PM
WTHR = teh suck

They may as well merge with ESPN.

loborick
05-10-2007, 09:54 PM
Theus is so full of himself it isn't funny. He is a loose cannon and I don't think will get along well with athletes at an NBA level. The way he spews at the media without thinking or checking with his administration, he would always be in trouble. NMSU thinks he's cool, but there's not much else going on in Las Cruces.