PDA

View Full Version : Rookie Poster of the Year 2007 - thunderbird1245 !

Hicks
05-09-2007, 09:21 AM
We had a two-way tie in the initial poll, so now there are 24 hours left to decide the winner!

Naptown_Seth
thunderbird1245

Unclebuck
05-09-2007, 09:41 AM
Are we supposed to vote again?

Hicks
05-09-2007, 09:43 AM
Are we supposed to vote again?

No, Unclebuck. In fact, I did this to demonstrate my nihilist viewpoints by pointing out the absurdity of existence.

YES!

Elgin56
05-09-2007, 11:20 AM
Tbird's posts can be long, however they are very imformative and straight forward without any bias for or against the player or coach being evaluated, so he gets my vote.

His knowledge of Indiana high school basketball is truly amazing.

DrBadd01
05-09-2007, 11:30 AM
As a SUU T-bird I have no other option than to vote for a T-bird.

Roferr
05-09-2007, 12:41 PM
With less than 300 posts, TB has certainly impressed a lot of members. Lots of great posts with in depth analysis.

Mourning
05-09-2007, 01:06 PM
Both members are valuable and very good additions to Pacers Digest. I must say that IF T-bird would be posting a lot more he might actually come into the MVP-race. His posts are amongst the absolute elite and add more then anyone else that I can remember the in-depth viewpoint of how we are playing or maybe should be playing on the court.

How he does that and the depth is as far as I know unparalleled. The "Post more often" award might very well go this way aswell.

Seth is an absolute great poster. Doesn't follow the mass, but makes up his own mind, which is very important, and usually backs up his opinions with decent arguments that can support those. Though we may argue on quite some topics there's no doubt he has enriched the Digest. Great poster.

Tough choice, but I have to go with T-bird in the end due to the uniqueness of his posts and the level of depth.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

Los Angeles
05-09-2007, 01:22 PM
I'll second mourning on every point he's made.

It's the uniqueness and depth of his "on the court" analysis that sets T-bird apart. While a few of the old-timers can see the game as he does (Kegboy comes to mind) nobody writes with such an educational approach like T-Bird. He guides me down the path and teaches me something new. I always walk away convinced that he's on to something.

In fact, I think he would post more often if people were to challenge him on what he writes, but so few people are at his level of understanding of the game, he's usually one-and-done.

Don't get me wrong - I highly value Seth's participation in the board, and as such this was a tough call.

Ultimately, I have to stick with T-bird, because his posts represent exactly what I wish basketball writers and analysts at every level should be doing.

obnoxiousmodesty
05-09-2007, 02:02 PM
No, Unclebuck. In fact, I did this to demonstrate my nihilist viewpoints by pointing out the absurdity of existence.

YES!
Now THAT'S the kind of snarkiness I'd expect from a recent college graduate. Good work sir! :tip:

LG33
05-09-2007, 02:22 PM
Recount!

bellisimo
05-09-2007, 02:36 PM
i like reading posts by both posters....however overall i feel that T-Bird's posts do not get the recognition they merit as some people are abit scared off from replying to his gigantic posts...hence I shall vote in favor of T-Bird...

Robertmto
05-09-2007, 02:45 PM
can I vote for me again?

Alpolloloco
05-10-2007, 12:25 AM
Tbird all the way ... Seth unraveling Sarunas defense was a lowpoint for me on this forum ;)

Roaming Gnome
05-10-2007, 12:46 AM
Both posters bring a high quality when they post. T-bird's post always make me feel like I'm reading a "behind the scenes" account of the game with his rich knowledge of coaching.

What I like about reading Seth's post is how he follows through with his position. He always can find a statistic to back up his argument even if it is an unpopular opinion. Seth just doesn't back down. IMHO, a lot of times this board has a "mob mentality" on players and managment, but Seth is a poster that doesn't let the "collective" or popular opinion change his stance. His opinions are well reasoned, so even if his stance is unpopular... he never comes across as just stirring the pot.

I enjoy reading T-birds post...I often learn something by reading his post and if reading him makes me smarter about my favorite sport...that is a good thing!!! I will give him the nod for the Arm-chair coach award. I gave my vote to Seth...To me, I come to this forum to hear the different opinions and weigh in myself. I feel that Seth contributes more often with the reason why I come to this forum in the first place. Hear the many different opinions about the team and Seth is just stronger in that area.

Hicks
05-10-2007, 11:56 AM
Congratulations, thunderbird1245!

ABADays
05-10-2007, 11:59 AM
Congrats T-bird!

thunderbird1245
05-10-2007, 12:34 PM
I just wanted to say thank you to all who voted for me, and even to those who didnt. Participating in forums like these is fun and educational for all of us, and its a great thing that we have this forum available to us.

I read some extremely nice things written about me the last few days on this thread and the one previously posted, and I can't tell you how nice it is to know that people whom I don't even know and may never meet appreciate what I take the time to write.
I do try and put some thought into what I say (which explains why I dont post much), and its gratifying that people appreciate the effort.

I also wanted that Seth is a very passionate and eloquent, knowledgeable poster, and one who takes his opinions and participating on here seriously. He posts alot more than I do, and its the loyalty and passion of members like him that drew me to this site in the first place. Without the Hicks, Jay, Seth's, Unclebuck, Peck and all the other great active posters, this site wouldnt exist for me to write on.

Carry on Pacer Nation!

Tbird

Mourning
05-10-2007, 12:36 PM
I also wanted that Seth is a very passionate and eloquent, knowledgeable poster, and one who takes his opinions and participating on here seriously. He posts alot more than I do, and its the loyalty and passion of members like him that drew me to this site in the first place. Without the Hicks, Jay, Seth's, Unclebuck, Peck and all the other great active posters, this site wouldnt exist for me to write on.

:amen:

and congrats T-bird! :cheers:

JayRedd
05-10-2007, 06:20 PM
Good stuff, T-Bird. You too Seth.

And most importantly, I would like to thank Jesus for my 5th place finish. I never could have done it without the most high.

Jermaniac
05-10-2007, 06:20 PM
LMFAO

LG33
05-10-2007, 07:34 PM
Good stuff, T-Bird. You too Seth.

And most importantly, I would like to thank Jesus for my 5th place finish. I never could have done it without the most high.

Jesus just called me. He says that one was all you man.

317Kim
05-10-2007, 08:02 PM
Aw, I'm too late to vote!

Congrats T-Bird from a former RPOY :)

SoupIsGood
05-10-2007, 08:31 PM
Yeah congrats! This might have been the best rookie pool ever. Scary amount of great posters in the mix this year.

Naptown_Seth
05-15-2007, 04:14 AM
Jesus just called me. He says that one was all you man.
:laugh: That's brilliant!

Jay, I didn't realize you were a rookie. You were here when I came over so I just figured you for a long timer. Sincerely you are one of my favorite posters.

T-Bird, congrats. IIRC he found his way over here roughly around the time I came over as well, seems like Star was really hitting a point of high frustration thanks to a couple of serious race-baiting posters derailing every thread. I'm glad that Hicks (or was it Buck) brought his thread over here since it eventually brought him over as well.

Frankly I'm shocked that voting for me was even this close, and I'm not being humble. I think it's safe to say that T-Bird has never offended a single poster and that I have managed to offend every single one of them at some point or another.

I consider myself more like Orson Wells in the 42 Oscars, I expect people to not even vote for me as Most Unlikeable just out of spite.

;)

And yes this does mean my future career will shift from posting here to fattening up and shilling cheap wine instead.

ABADays
05-15-2007, 01:13 PM
Don't be modest Seth - the voting results were pretty indicative.

Naptown_Seth
05-17-2007, 02:49 AM
Don't be modest Seth - you're already fat and Boone's Farm is a cheap wine.
Fixed.

Beginning my run at Funniest Poster for 08.