PDA

View Full Version : Blatant Disrespect

LAPacer
05-19-2004, 02:09 PM
I hate cocky Laker/Spurs fans. I work in LA so I run into all sorts of Laker fans and some Spurs fans. So many people stopped by my office today to give me a hard time about the Pacers. I was wondering if some of you hear similar things at work, school, etc. Here are my top 10 annoying things that I've heard more than once:

1.) The championship games have already been played between the Spurs and the Lakers.

2.) The Pacers are soo bad they can't even Sweep Miami.

3.) The Pacers shot 32% from the field and won. That can only happen in the East.

4.) Who is Ron Artest? Isn't he some crazy guy thats always getting in trouble with the law?

5.) Reggie Miller is old, but Karl Malone is still in his prime.

6.) The East is the JV, I don't watch those games cause they don't matter.

7.) Jermaine is a star in the East but can't get off the bench in the West.

8.) Artest isn't going to be a factor because he'll be suspended for half of the series.

9.) Kobe is the greatest ever. He is a hero. Artest defense shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence.

10.) Jermaine doesn't have the mental toughness at the end of games. He looks scared.

TheSauceMaster
05-19-2004, 02:15 PM
I get alot of crap from friends , alot of them are Knicks, Lakers and NJ fans...I just ignore them..it does no good to argue with people who are blinded by such facts.

I really catch alot of flack because I am a Colts fan , so I can't say which is worse being a Colts fan or a PAcers fan.

Shade
05-19-2004, 02:22 PM
I hate cocky Laker/Spurs fans. I work in LA so I run into all sorts of Laker fans and some Spurs fans. So many people stopped by my office today to give me a hard time about the Pacers. I was wondering if some of you hear similar things at work, school, etc. Here are my top 10 annoying things that I've heard more than once:

1.) The championship games have already been played between the Spurs and the Lakers.

3.) The Pacers shot 32% from the field and won. That can only happen in the East.

4.) Who is Ron Artest? Isn't he some crazy guy thats always getting in trouble with the law?

8.) Artest isn't going to be a factor because he'll be suspended for half of the series.

9.) Kobe is the greatest ever. He is a hero. Artest defense shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence.

10.) Jermaine doesn't have the mental toughness at the end of games. He looks scared.

What the hell do Spurs fans have to be cocky about? They choked away the series against the Lakers and we kicked their asses during the regular season. At worst, we'd do as well against the Lakers as the Spurs did.

On a point-by-point basis:

1) Maybe so, but the Spurs lost, so they win nothing. Like I said, if we make the Finals against LA, we'll at least play them as well as SA did, if not better.

2) I'm glad they didn't. Gets us ready for the next round. Of course, SA won't be there. We DID break Miami's home court winning streak and won the series despite their exploiting of our major weaknesses. LA has no Dwayne Wade, that's for sure.

3) The East plays defense. The West does not. It's easier to shoot higher percentages when the opposing defense just stands around. If we were in the West, our shooting % would be much better.

4) He's the defensive player of the year, an All-Star, and Kobe's worst nightmare. :devil:

5) LOL. :laugh:

6) Their loss. They'll be forced to take notice in the Finals. :cool:

7) LOL again. :laugh: :laugh:

8) Welcome to last year. :rolleyes:

9) Heroes don't commit adultery. And Kobe will know what it's like to be truly raped with Ronnie on his ***. :devil:

10) I seem to recall JO hitting some game winners. And if he doesn't, we have plenty of other players who can.

In short, your "friends" are typical, clueless, LA bandwagoners. :puke:

ROCislandWarrior
05-19-2004, 03:12 PM
1.) The championship games have already been played between the Spurs and the Lakers. ALL THE DAMN TIME

2.) The Pacers are soo bad they can't even Sweep Miami. ALL THE DAMN TIME

3.) The Pacers shot 32% from the field and won. That can only happen in the East. I hate this, because if this were to happen to the Lakers, it would be a sign of how GREAT their D is :unimpressed:

4.) Who is Ron Artest? Isn't he some crazy guy thats always getting in trouble with the law? Never got that one, always hear "How many Techs is he going to get tonight?" Shut up, Ron never was a TECH magnet you idiot

:unimpressed:

ALL THE DAMN TIME

Ok, I've never heard this. If someone really believed this they must be relieved from their duty to live

8.) Artest isn't going to be a factor because he'll be suspended for half of the series. ALL THE DAMN TIME

9.) Kobe is the greatest ever. He is a hero. Artest defense shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence. :unimpressed: :unimpressed: :unimpressed: :unimpressed: :unimpressed:

:unimpressed: :unimpressed: :unimpressed: :unimpressed: :unimpressed:

sweabs
05-19-2004, 03:25 PM

This one bugs me A LOT - I hear it periodically - especially from cocky Pistons fans :unimpressed: . Please, Miami was a good team - athletic - play a different style of game than most Eastern teams - have a great offensive game...and at home are deadly. Man some people are just stupid though.

Grant
05-19-2004, 04:16 PM

I heard the same thing last year about Brad Miller. "He's ok in the East, but he would just be a stiff in the West"

Now suddenly Brad Miller's a stud because he plays in the west.

Hicks
05-19-2004, 04:32 PM

I heard the same thing last year about Brad Miller. "He's ok in the East, but he would just be a stiff in the West"

Now suddenly Brad Miller's a stud because he plays in the west.

Exactly. Truth is, I'm strating to honestly believe it's the WEST that inflates players. Why? More scoring, less defense. It pads stats. Look at JO. His #s are better against the West than the East. The East teams play physical, defensive games. Besides SA and HOU, the West really doesn't.

LAPacer
05-19-2004, 04:56 PM
Its really hard to ignore some of the ignorant views that people have out west. But if the Pacers or whoever comes out of the East gets swept in the Finals, I'll never hear the end of it. I always tell people the West is better because it has about 8-10 decent teams and the East only has 3-5. but that doesn't mean that the best teams in the East aren't as good as the best teams in the West. I just hope the Pacers win so I can stop hearing all these comments. It would be nice if Artest shut down Kobe too, so Kobe can come up with some excuse about how his shooting elbow was dislocated, but he was strong enough to fight the pain and just couldn't find his hot, then Charles would tell Kobe to shut the hell up on national TV. ;)

efx
05-19-2004, 07:40 PM
Question number five is actually correct.

Hicks
05-19-2004, 07:42 PM
Question number five is actually correct.

ok

efx
05-19-2004, 07:57 PM
Ok, maybe not his total prime but it's hard not to argue that Malone is playing better than Reggie at this point in their careers.

Hicks
05-19-2004, 09:36 PM
Such a large response and you didn't really say anything. I never said anything about who won the title. I was comparing the Conferences period. That's it. I wasn't AT ALL referring to title holders. Yeesh.

Hicks
05-19-2004, 09:46 PM
So what if the Lakers beat them? Did I say anything different? Did I say "if you play good D you automatically win the title"? No. So please stop making **** up.

TheSauceMaster
05-19-2004, 10:58 PM
lakers suck as bad as KFC

http://members.optusnet.com.au/rt11/NBA/colonel3.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I got that pic and I was gonna post it , great minds think alike ;)

Hicks
05-19-2004, 11:16 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Yep, he really IS a Lakersfan. No class. :unimpressed: At least Pacers fans don't pull things out of thin air. I'll be sure to talk to them more often. This whole "conversation" was sad. If you ever stop hallucinating, give me a call.

efx
05-19-2004, 11:19 PM
There is nothing sillier than generalizing fans of a team in a certain way.
Yep, all lakers fans are ********. You really got something there.

"At least Pacers fans don't pull things out of thin air". Please.

Hicks
05-19-2004, 11:23 PM
There is nothing sillier than generalizing fans of a team in a certain way.
Yep, all lakers fans are ********. You really got something there.

"At least Pacers fans don't pull things out of thin air". Please.

I'm speaking from experience. Of course all of them aren't; just all the ones I've met.

And why are you always shooting people down around here? Do you come here just to disagree with people? Because that seems to be all you are capable of these days.

efx
05-19-2004, 11:36 PM
Sorry,

I don't mean to be overly negative or shooting people down. Sucks to hear that the lakers fans you met were a-holes.

Accept my apologies, I'll try to keep a more positive attitude in the future. :)

Hicks
05-19-2004, 11:47 PM
Sorry,

I don't mean to be overly negative or shooting people down. Sucks to hear that the lakers fans you met were a-holes.

Accept my apologies, I'll try to keep a more positive attitude in the future. :)

:hippie: :)