PDA

View Full Version : NOT OT: My new 9-5

indygeezer
05-19-2004, 01:56 PM
What a difference in location can make. Been here 2 weeks and I'm discovering I'm now surrounded by Pacer fans!!!

Little things...coffee mugs, computer wallpapers, banners, OLD t-shirts, these people even talk about the games!!! They aren't johnny-come-latelies either. You can tell they know what they are talking about! :dance: :pepper: :pepper: :dance:

Big difference. My old area was mainly young folk and foreigners. These are people that have been with "the company" for a period of years. So they are more local and thus have an interest.

I'm so happy :cry:

Shade
05-19-2004, 02:25 PM
:thumbsup:

Sounds like a :dance: moment to me. :)

Harddrive7
05-19-2004, 02:31 PM
Do I still get your parking place when you go on vacation?

TheSauceMaster
05-19-2004, 02:41 PM
Everytime I hear someone talking about working in a office fulla people I think of that movie Office Space ...I couldn't see myself working a office enviroment.

ROCislandWarrior
05-19-2004, 02:55 PM
Everytime I hear someone talking about working in a office fulla people I think of that movie Office Space ...I couldn't see myself working a office enviroment.

:laugh: that is funny because I believe it is the same for all those who don't work in an office themselves (like the two of us).

"corprate acounts payable, Nina speaking, Just a moment"

indygeezer
05-19-2004, 05:16 PM
Do I still get your parking place when you go on vacation?

I'll get back to ya on that....you wouldn't believe how close it is to the "hospital" doors. :pepper:

indygeezer
05-19-2004, 05:19 PM

Yeah there are times I feel like Dilbert but hey, it's a job.

ABADays
05-19-2004, 05:52 PM
I know what you mean about young people and foreigners Geezer. Both can kill an intellectual conversation in a heartbeat.

indygeezer
05-19-2004, 05:56 PM
It's pretty bad when ya have kids older than the ones you report to. I wanna put up on my shoulder and burp em sometimes. Othertimes I just want to ground them. But all in all they are effective in their jobs and I'm just jealous cause I ain't their ages anymore.