PDA

View Full Version : Picture of O'Neal's Block

Southside_Pacer
05-19-2004, 04:24 AM
http://www.indystar.com/users/multimedia/galleries/2004/05/pacers19/photo09.jpg

Excellent picture of an excellent block. Clean block too. Seems like JO gets hit in the eye a lot though. :confused:

indygeezer
05-19-2004, 07:31 AM
TWEEEEEEET offensive foul. ;)

able
05-19-2004, 07:47 AM
The "highlights" on www.nba.com have the block twice including a nice slow-mo, it shows the hand starting in the face, this picture is when it is already down from the face and the damage done.

It is outright amazing that he held on to that block, many a lesser man would gladly have let go when he got that hand in his face, spread fingers and hard!

ROCislandWarrior
05-19-2004, 03:23 PM
Can you say "New Avatar"

I can't believe that block, he did that without seeing anything besides Butlers hand.

:o :o :o :o :o :o

ChicagoJ
05-19-2004, 04:38 PM
That play was as important as hitting a clutch shot or FTs in the last minute. Sometimes its difficult to look at an individual defensive play and call it "gamebreaking" - its much easier to do with an offensive play.

But let me say it again. That was HUGE.

:scream:

(I got in trouble for waking up Jay's_Daughter@Section222 when I roared in approval of that play.)

Hoop
05-19-2004, 07:50 PM
That play was on NBA TV today where Ref Ronnie Nunn goes over play calls, he said they should have called a offensive foul on Butler, no *****. :rolleyes:

They didn't even talk about the play where Reggie gets mugged by 2 guys at the very end of the game. We almost lost the ball and it could have cost us the game. :mad:

sweabs
05-19-2004, 07:56 PM
That play was on NBA TV today where Ref Ronnie Nunn goes over play calls, he said they should have called a offensive foul on Butler, no *****. :rolleyes:

They didn't even talk about the play where Reggie gets mugged by 2 guys at the ever end of the game. We almost lost the ball and it could have cost us the game. :mad:

Yeah I watched that too...

How convenient - :rolleyes: .

efx
05-19-2004, 08:00 PM
Don't you know? veryone in the nba is out to get the Pacers..

Hell of a block, though I'm even more impressed with him coming back after having his eye checked out.

waterjater
05-19-2004, 08:58 PM
HUGE, HUGE play!! Maybe the biggest in the game! The crowd would've gone nuts and the Heat would've felt like they could pull this one out.

I still can't believe O'neal made it from the free throw line, fended off the face smash and cleanly blocked it.

AWESOME!

Water

Millerartest
05-19-2004, 09:29 PM
Thanks for the pic. It's nice when Oneal rebounds and dominates on defense and doesn't have a good offensive game yet he helps lead the team to victory.