PDA

View Full Version : The refs did everything they could to keep Miami in the game tonight

Shade
05-19-2004, 12:26 AM
I haven't b!tched about the officiating in the entire playoffs so far, but tonight was ridiculous. It was so blatant that it makes you open your eyes and notice that something's not quite right.

Man, did I call it tonight. I went to Hooters with a guy from work and told him beforehand the game would be close and go down to the last possession. When the 4th began, I told him we'd lose the lead but win the game. And finally, when Ron went to the line for 2 and he proclaimed the game was over, I told him Ron would miss 'em both. Damn, I was on tonight. It kinda spooked him that I was so accurate. :laugh: :devil:

Cactus Jax
05-19-2004, 12:28 AM
:unimpressed: :D ;) :mad: :devil: :neutral:

sweabs
05-19-2004, 12:29 AM
The only thing that really bothered me was when we were inbounding with about 17 secs left, and Reggie got held and manhandled with no call.

Shade
05-19-2004, 12:30 AM
:unimpressed: :D ;) :mad: :devil: :neutral:

:confused: :rolleyes: :unimpressed: :devil: :angel:

Cactus Jax
05-19-2004, 12:31 AM
The only thing that really bothered me was when we were inbounding with about 17 secs left, and Reggie got held and manhandled with no call.

Yeah, that sucked but the worst thing was that Tinsley threw the ball to Reggie and thank God the Pacers got the ball, or that was tie game.

Hicks
05-19-2004, 01:08 AM
I agree that at the end of the game it was sucky, but I was VERY pleased overall with the officiating up until about midway through the 4th, when they started being one-sided.

Bball
05-19-2004, 01:35 AM

Yeah, that sucked but the worst thing was that Tinsley threw the ball to Reggie and thank God the Pacers got the ball, or that was tie game.

I wonder if Tinsely thought by throwing the ball to Reggie there that the refs would HAVE to call the mugging?

....Or maybe Tinsley just didn't think at all? :whoknows:

Bball

ROCislandWarrior
05-19-2004, 01:50 AM

I wonder if Tinsely thought by throwing the ball to Reggie there that the refs would HAVE to call the mugging?

....Or maybe Tinsley just didn't think at all? :whoknows:

Bball

:mad:

I am sure Tinsley was running the program in his brain that calculated which player to throw the ball to and how to get it there.

With some of his passes, you would think this is the case....with others.... maybe he has a virus?

TheSauceMaster
05-19-2004, 02:20 AM
I thought it was a decent job by the refs , sure there were calls that shoulda , coulda been made but they are human and they aren't perfect.

I am sure every possesion the refs could call some kinda foul or violation but that would make the game way too boring IMHO.

Stryder
05-19-2004, 08:27 AM
The only things that bothered me were:

The mugging of Reggie

That instance when the ball banged off the rim and went over the TOP of the backboard. Wouldn't that be out of bounds? If so, the refs didn't call a single thing.

TheSauceMaster
05-19-2004, 08:50 AM
That instance when the ball banged off the rim and went over the TOP of the backboard. Wouldn't that be out of bounds?

No , as I explained over at the star board it's not outta bounds unless it hits the shot clock or some part of the actual goal behind the backboard.

Stryder
05-19-2004, 09:30 AM
That instance when the ball banged off the rim and went over the TOP of the backboard. Wouldn't that be out of bounds?

No , as I explained over at the star board it's not outta bounds unless it hits the shot clock or some part of the actual goal behind the backboard.

Oh, I know that....I thought it hit somethign that was out of bounds...lol...my bad