PDA

View Full Version : Unheralded Plays of the Game

Anthem
05-18-2004, 11:35 PM
Here's a thread for important plays in tonights game that got no love on from the announcers, the studio commentators, and probably the mediots writing up the story.

Bender's block on... Grant? in the second half of the fourth was huge. It was back and forth, and that defensive stop is right about the time we broke it open. Pivotal block.

Also, Jermaine taking the charge made me feel all warm and squishy.

sweabs
05-18-2004, 11:37 PM
Here's a thread for important plays in tonights game that got no love on from the announcers, the studio commentators, and probably the mediots writing up the story.

Bender's block on... Grant? in the second half of the fourth was huge. It was back and forth, and that defensive stop is right about the time we broke it open. Pivotal block.

Also, Jermaine taking the charge made me feel all warm and squishy.

I was going to say the same play. But it was on Udonis Haslem - and both Bender and O'Neal went up for it - not backing down afraid of getting posterized. I loved it.

pb777
05-18-2004, 11:38 PM
Jermaine's block at the 2:00 mark in the 4th. He was hit/scraped in the face and still made the play. Brilliant.

indygeezer
05-19-2004, 12:06 AM
Jamaal missing a shot underneath, grabbing his own rebound, and calmly laying it back in to give us a 4 pt. lead. Huge. JO's block and AJ's freethrows.

ROCislandWarrior
05-19-2004, 12:14 AM
Jermaine's block at the 2:00 mark in the 4th. He was hit/scraped in the face and still made the play. Brilliant.

That was a blind block.

He couldn't see, he was one with the block

Unclebuck
05-19-2004, 12:19 AM
The 20-16 score at the end of the first quarter was huge, the Pacers were horrible in the 1st,, 8 turnovers, and yet they were only down 4, they should have been down 12.

canyoufeelit
05-19-2004, 12:29 AM
AJs freethrows were crucial, and that JO lob to Artest was something else.

waterjater
05-19-2004, 12:42 AM
Definitely Benders block was big, JO's without question, Tinsley's high floating tear drop over Wade and his put back soon after.

Also, Jermaines save off the heat when the ball was heading out of bounds.

OUR DEFENSE WAS HUGE!! I still can't figure out how we won tonight with that awful start. THE DEFENSE IS WHAT WON THIS GAME...plus Artest's offensive performance.

Water

ROCislandWarrior
05-19-2004, 02:18 AM

that lob was the sickest thing I have seen in a while.

how bout Ron's blocks tonight. He had that monster one where he just hammered the ball out of (haslem's?) hand. It looked like a spike in volleyball.

My eye's were a little wide on that one

waxman
05-19-2004, 06:45 PM

That lob was nice....it was about time they did it .... everytime JB was in the game and posting that very same lob was available, because the D always fronts him, so we'd swing the ball up top and he would have his man sealed....I was screaming to just throw it towards the basket he'll get it... finally JO tossed one to Artest.... .