PDA

View Full Version : Burnzone upset in round 1

Jose Slaughter
03-19-2007, 06:01 PM
To view the matchups, simply log onto the site & click on the "schedule" link.

For those out of the playoffs, please consider your rosters locked.

Thanks

Los Angeles
03-19-2007, 10:17 PM
And Mike Bibby and Brad Miller bust out of the gate with a COMBINED 17.5 Points.

I might as well do it now because I'm dead either way:

:suicide2:

Shade
03-19-2007, 10:40 PM
I should have just forfeited my spot, because w/o Wade, Lee, and Noc, I easily have the worst team left.

Mourning
03-20-2007, 04:48 AM
And Mike Bibby and Brad Miller bust out of the gate with a COMBINED 17.5 Points.

I might as well do it now because I'm dead either way:

:suicide2:

Well... your still ahead of me :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

;)

Either way, goodluck and may the best team win (and Caron Butler be back earlier then expected :D).

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

MagicRat
03-20-2007, 09:04 AM

At least you had two players. Poor Josh Smith had to go into battle all alone.........:grumble:

Raskolnikov
03-22-2007, 02:22 AM
What is this with my team all of a sudden?

Bogut missing the rest of the season (I'll have to dump him). Bargnani missing a large part of rest of the season (I already dumped him). Anthony Parker missing game after game with a lingering ankle injury. Derek Anderson injured but no news at all on how he's doing. Same with Jose Calderon (Should I dump those 2?). Baron Davis still only playing 25 minutes per game because of an earlier knee injury. First round exit here I come!

Man, I'm starting to sound like Shade.....

Slick Pinkham
03-22-2007, 12:56 PM
Brad Miller, Ryan Gomes, and Tim Thomas picked fine times to get hurt for my keeper league team.

I'm playing waiver wire bingo to try to win my 1st round game by sheer numbers of active players. Add a guy for tonight, dump him for tomorrow, add somebody who plays tomorrow, etc. lather, rinse, repeat.

DisplacedKnick
03-22-2007, 06:12 PM
Bargnani missing a large part of rest of the season (I already dumped him).

Thank you for that. I figure he'll be back in about 2 weeks - and if he isn't, Keyon Dooling wasn't going to make or break me anyway.

Raskolnikov
03-23-2007, 05:08 AM
I read he's out between 3 weeks and a month.

http://www.nba.com/fantasy/fantasy_playernews.jsp?date=03/21/07&type=news#andrea_bargnani

By then, I'll be out of the playoffs anyway...

Mourning
03-23-2007, 05:58 AM
My team is SUCKING it up BIG TIME so far this week... Okur for example with 12.5 FP's? :huh: Evans and McDyess getting virtually no minutes. I'm dumping one of them tonight, dammit. And Caron Butler NOT contributing at all is killing me :banghead:.

Regards,

DisplacedKnick
03-23-2007, 07:02 AM
I read he's out between 3 weeks and a month.

http://www.nba.com/fantasy/fantasy_playernews.jsp?date=03/21/07&type=news#andrea_bargnani

By then, I'll be out of the playoffs anyway...

Maybe - any more they make a little bitty hole and squeeze it out - takes maybe 3-4 stitches. I have a friend who had one and was back at work 2 days later. Couldn't lift for a while after that.

Not sure how long until he'll be playing. If they weren't in the playoffs I wouldn't have bothered but they'll want him back.

Worth the gamble for me - I'm not winning this thing without a bunch of luck. What I really need is Okafor back.

Los Angeles
03-23-2007, 02:16 PM
Mourning and I are in a "Who's team sucks worse this week" DEATH MATCH.

Mourning
03-23-2007, 02:42 PM
Mourning and I are in a "Who's team sucks worse this week" DEATH MATCH.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Ain't that the truth :D.

Horrible time to come up with basically my worst week of the season though :uhoh: :shudder:.

Regards,

Los Angeles
03-23-2007, 07:53 PM
Look at my avatar.

Now look at yours.

It's destiny!

And also a perfect metaphor. If your guys get hungry, I'm just bait riding on a plank.

Raskolnikov
03-24-2007, 04:04 AM
Wow, what a great night my team had! Best night of the season with 287 points. Childress, Aldridge and Davis all had 60+ points.

I'm still alive!

Shade
03-24-2007, 01:53 PM
My week is going pretty much how I expected. In reality, my season went down the toilet as Wade was being hauled away in a wheelchair.

Freakin' major late season injuries.

Los Angeles
03-25-2007, 12:56 AM
DEATH MATCH!!!!!

Mourning
03-25-2007, 08:45 AM
19-1 in the breakdown this season, but thanks Okur and Mo Williams for both giving me about the worst performances of the season so far (each normally between 95-115 FP's) and Caron Butler for sitting out a 10-day period (between 100-130 FP's :mad:.

Reggie Evans plays every 2 or 3 games and SUCKS, I drop him et voila he goes up for 30,5 FP's, which is what he combined in the complete two weeks prior to yesterday evening.

I need several miracle performances tonight.

Regards,

MagicRat
03-25-2007, 10:06 PM
The question is "Can Frank's BallBusters hang on and pull off the upset of the century?"........

Jose Slaughter
03-25-2007, 10:54 PM
The question is "Can Frank's BallBusters hang on and pull off the upset of the century?"........

The answer is YES!!!

Burnzone goes undefeated in the regular season then gets bounced in the first round.

DisplacedKnick
03-25-2007, 11:17 PM
So the "Curse of the Best Regular Season Team" lives on.

I know that's true for the KL - pretty sure it is for the ABA too.

Shade
03-25-2007, 11:36 PM
That is unreal. :jawdrop:

Shade
03-25-2007, 11:53 PM
Btw, how are you already able to calculate in tonight's results?

Mourning
03-26-2007, 06:42 AM
Phewww... this week was WAY too close for my liking. McDyess basically saved my *** after some abysmal performances from some key players.

You played my team extremely close, L.A.. I expected to lose when I saw the scores sunday morning and I knew you had two players more on your schedule for sunday evening.

:cheers:

Frank Slade
03-26-2007, 08:14 AM
:woot2: Well my team just came out with no real pressure and played with nothing to lose, ...:shrug:

Seriously though some it was just luck :cool: I'll probably get slaughtered this week.

Los Angeles
03-26-2007, 10:01 AM
Phewww... this week was WAY too close for my liking. McDyess basically saved my *** after some abysmal performances from some key players.

You played my team extremely close, L.A.. I expected to lose when I saw the scores sunday morning and I knew you had two players more on your schedule for sunday evening.

:cheers:

I even dumped a couple of starters to get more guys in the rotation over the weekend. My big mistake, I didn't know Mutombo was injured. I doubt he could have given me the thirty I needed.

Ever hear this story (some say myth) about Winston Churchill?

He delivered a graduation speech, the shortest on record, at his old preparatory school, Harrow, in the fall of 1941. The students before him would all soon be in uniform because the Battle of Britain was underway, and that nation was struggling for its very basic preservation. He stood before them, after putting his derby on the rostrum, and, leaning his cane up against the side, he started out and gave a few preliminary remarks, and then he ended with the following: "Never give in." There was a long pause. "Never give in. ... Never, never, NEVER. On nothing great or small, large or petty, NEVER give in, except to the convictions of your own honor and good sense."

DisplacedKnick
03-26-2007, 10:10 AM
:woot2: Well my team just came out with no real pressure and played with nothing to lose, ...:shrug:

Seriously though some it was just luck :cool: I'll probably get slaughtered this week.

Doubtful - Okafor's being out is really hurting me. Fortunately, Shade's missing half his team hurt him more.

Raskolnikov
03-26-2007, 12:45 PM
Wow.

With Burnzone out of the play-offs and looking at the other results of the first round, it all of a sudden looks like anyone can win it.

I myself hope to repeat last week's performance this week. It will be needed against those Inquisitors.