PDA

View Full Version : NOOOOOOO!!!

Hicks
05-18-2004, 06:50 PM
:cry:

I was just watching the 5PM news on Channel 13, and they momentarily went live to Miami, where I saw some Pacers starting to warm up....

THEY ARE WEARING THE GOLD UNIFORMS TONIGHT!!!

:puke:

:cry: Those things are pure, concentrated EVIL.

Just thought I'd share. :shudder:

Will Galen
05-18-2004, 06:54 PM

I was just watching the 5PM news on Channel 13, and they momentarily went live to Miami, where I saw some Pacers starting to warm up....

They could be wearing pink tutu's and it won't matter tonight. Miami's going down!

Anyway I like the Gold!

Pig Nash
We should totally fake everyone out and come out with Retros on.

Bball

It's not like the blue unies (Blunies?) have much going for them in Miami and this year's playoffs.

Of course, maybe the blunies were due for a win? :whoknows:

-Bball

ROCislandWarrior
05-18-2004, 07:05 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Well maybe gold will be good for us in the PO's
if not, burn them...burn them all

Hicks
05-18-2004, 07:05 PM
Don't tell me you guys have forgotten WHY they're evil? When did we use them last in the playoffs? That's right: 1999 vs the Knicks. NEVER AGAIN was the cry, and I believed it. I'm surprised Reggie and even Cro agreed to this.

Oh, and it's also important to mention that not only did we suffer that awful ECF with New York in them, but it seems like nearly all of our crappiest road games occur while wearing them. Hell, Al Harrington even tore his ACL wearing them. EVIL.

ROCislandWarrior
05-18-2004, 07:11 PM
Don't tell me you guys have forgotten WHY they're evil? When did we use them last in the playoffs? That's right: 1999 vs the Knicks. NEVER AGAIN was the cry, and I believed it. I'm surprised Reggie and even Cro agreed to this.

Oh, and it's also important to mention that not only did we suffer that awful ECF with New York in them, but it seems like nearly all of our crappiest road games occur while wearing them. Hell, Al Harrington even tore his ACL wearing them. EVIL.

Well you know Reggie is really superstisious (sp???) so if he agreed, they must not be that bad in the minds of the players. We can't play much worse on the road than what we did during the last 2 games so anything will be an improvement.

ChicagoJ
05-18-2004, 07:21 PM
There used to be a rule that you couldn't switch to/from the alternate color jerseys during the playoffs.

Obvioulsy not true anymore, since Miami wore red the other night, too.

:(

Kegboy
05-18-2004, 07:40 PM

:banghead:

I'll bet money :dancingbavetta: is there too.

efx
05-18-2004, 07:41 PM
They are also the ugliest unis in the whole league.

arkman40
05-18-2004, 10:52 PM
So what now?

Gold unis every night?
:rock:

sweabs
05-18-2004, 10:56 PM
So what now?

Gold unis every night?
:rock:

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

:devil:

Unclebuck
05-18-2004, 11:50 PM
They wore the gold uniforms when they swept their 4 game west trip in March

grace
05-19-2004, 10:08 AM
Yes, somehow we managed to win wearing those God awful things, but even once in a blue moon an 8 seed beats the one seed. If we keep wearing that thing and we lose I blame Larry Bird because Donnie swore we'd never wear them in the playoffs again. :mad:

sweabs
05-19-2004, 10:11 AM
Personally, I like the Gold Unis.

TheSauceMaster
05-19-2004, 10:26 AM
I like them too , but the gold socks .. :dead:

Shade
05-19-2004, 01:01 PM

I said the same thing at tipoff. But I knew we'd win anyway. ;)

Kid Minneapolis
05-19-2004, 03:45 PM
This is all a bunch of superstitious mularkey. You could come up with all kinds of superstitious bullcrap for every color... blue, white, gold --- whatever. I personally love the gold uni's. Very classy look.

Not once did I ever consider gold to be bad luck. Wish they'd wear the gold more often.

pacerchic
05-19-2004, 03:48 PM
I like how we blended in with the paint on the AAA floor. I thought for sure that would play to our favor....the opponent would never see us in the piant. :idea:

But....Ron's uni was the only one with the proper shade of gold. Nobody else got anything done under there. :mad:

But, hey. We won with the gold unis. It's all good! :pepper: