PDA

View Full Version : This could be our final season for the ABA

Jose Slaughter
03-14-2007, 04:51 PM
Its been a very good run but I think our time is nearing an end.

I've heard from about a fourth of the league & so far nobody really cares for the NBA.com site.

Theres still a chance that Sports.ws might rise from the dead. The site hasn't actually been taken off the web so I guess it could still return.

Another possibility is that Able can work out the final kinks & we'll have our own little version of Sports.ws.

There are other options as far as sites go but almost all have a weeking "head to head" system, much like the NBA.com site. Which really hasn't be too popular.

That leads to another problem that we faced this year; absent owners. This is by far the hardest season we've faced due to the new site & 10 poeple that bailed on us.

With all of that, there is a possibilty this league could continue next season, but the chances are slim. We don't have a home & as of now, just 14 active owners.

If this is it, its been fun. Thanks to everyone that made this league a blast for so long. I'd like to send out a special thanks to Displaced Knick, Boston Connection, Doug, Pacer Tom, Scott & to the late great Arkman.

Good luck to everyone in the playoffs.

James

Mourning
03-14-2007, 07:27 PM
:(

kerosene
03-14-2007, 09:47 PM
Whether we're nearing the end of the ABA I think we all owe Jose a huge THANK YOU for all of the work he's done in setting up and administrating the league over the years. It's been a blast (except for the nba.com setup sucking) and I'm happy to have played with all of you for the 4 or 5 seasons that I have. So thanks to all of the owners past and present also.

THANKS JOSE!

Hicks
03-15-2007, 01:06 AM
I concur; thanks go out to Jose for all he's put up with. Thanks!

Sorry for being part of the problem this time. :sorry:

Frank Slade
03-15-2007, 09:47 AM
Yes a big :thankyou: to Jose for all you have done. Hopefully we can keep it going in some or fashion next season.

Gyron
03-15-2007, 10:36 AM
I wasn't able to participate this year, but I wanted to thank Jose for the time he put in while I was a member of the league.

Shade
03-15-2007, 12:39 PM
Whether we're nearing the end of the ABA I think we all owe Jose a huge THANK YOU for all of the work he's done in setting up and administrating the league over the years. It's been a blast (except for the nba.com setup sucking) and I'm happy to have played with all of you for the 4 or 5 seasons that I have. So thanks to all of the owners past and present also.

THANKS JOSE!

QFT

Great job, Jose. I hope we can continue it into next season, though. I actually like the NBA.com setup.

It's not fair that I go out the way I'm going out, though. :(

Jose Slaughter
03-15-2007, 02:01 PM
Tell me about it Shade.

Too many injuries hurt me as well.

I did manage to make the playoffs in the KL & I've got the #1 team (16-2) in a league that I'm in with Able.

Mourning
03-15-2007, 03:06 PM
I have no idea how far Able has really gotten with his own version. Offcourse, I know he was working on it and I heard there were some problems, but I have no idea where he stands.

Let me first say that IF we continue next year ... that I wouldn't mind taking some of the load from James. He's done an amazing job over the years and taken a lot of *****ing (from me amongst others) mainly during and about the draft.

Now, I'm not a computer nerd at all, so I will have to stay away from that, but I could make a list of people who we could ask to join aswell handle a lot of the PM-communication that takes. I can coordinate the draft date discussions aswell as the sort of draft we should take, etc. You know a lot of the things to make everyone know stuff on-time, etc.

I would hope that we can continue this league, because honestly, I like it better then any I have been in before (save the leage from my real life basketball team) and would like to keep it alive.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

Raskolnikov
03-17-2007, 11:40 AM
I also would like thank Jose for the great job he's done.

Plus I really hope this isn't the end because I thoroughly enjoyed my first year in the league. And I want more!

I actually like the NBA.com setup.
I do too...but then again I have no experience with the sports.ws format.

Mourning
03-17-2007, 02:54 PM
Well the sports.ws format is "better" IMO, but in all honesty I don't mind the NBA.com setup much either.

Regards,

Mourning :cool: