PDA

View Full Version : More Wiley Garbage

cramerica
05-18-2004, 12:50 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/wiley/040517

This guy is a moron. Crap like this drives me crazy. Anyway, there's a book in the link and when I ctrl+f'd for the Pacers, they only came up three times and it was all in this pile of feces that Wiley wrote. I copied it up to his top ten.

So who am I forgetting?

The completely, forgettably irrevocably turgid Indiana Pacers, the Walking Belch. They are easily the most unwatchable team left. They make the Miami Heat look good. Ever seen a point guard who's game was less aesthetically pleasing that Jamaal Tinsley? He's horrible, in the Waltonesque sense of the world.

At least Tinfoil's backup had the common courtesy to know he's a backup.

I'm no big Ron Artest fan. As a forward, he's a great heavyweight contender. A classic bully ballplayer -- although I'd surely take him, just to keep the other team from having him, and then live with the impending team unrest. The thing that gets me about him is, that's him, it's not a tactic to help win a game. I don't get it, or him.

I'm on record with Jermaine O'Neal. He's another frontrunner I'd take if I can get him, but I can't see him going over Shaq, the way Tim B. Dunkin did with that last shot in Game 5, before Fisher got lucky. Shaq said one lucky shot deserves another, but Duncan's shot was not luck. Only a handful of players could've even gotten that shot off against Shaq, let alone gotten if off on line while falling down and away.

If Manu understood the ethos of the league a little better -- refs are rightly loathe to blow a whistle to call a foul of a guy defending a jumpshooter with the game on the line -- Manu might've pressed into Fisher a little more and they'd still be playing.

But at the end of the day, the Lakers have Kobe. And Shaq.

At their end of the day, the Pacers have Harrington and Bender, Foster, O'Neal, Reggie and Artest. A lot of guys, but still, that buttoned-down game Carlisle runs -- a perfect hire by the Pacers for the kind of lead-footed point guards they have. Walk it up. Screen down. Pin. Swing through. Crash. Set it up. Run it again. Grind.

On Bernard King, he once almost decided to kill me. But he held off. True story. He started with the Utah Jazz, had some issues, moved on to the Warriors, where I happened to have him on the beats back, when. Tremendous, unstoppable one-on-one force of nature. Walking dunk. Did a piece on him, World Free and Just Barely Caring for The Sporting News, mentioning pint bottles and a police blotter. I didn't think it was a big deal. Apparently Bernard disagreed. Fortunately, I had Al "The Destroyer" Attles, then the Warriors' head coach, on my side. Kind of.

Should Bernard's number be retired by the Knicks? If Ewing's is, King's should be.

OK, let's get it started for real.

Top 10 NBA Players (current)
1. Kobe
2. Duncan
3. Shaq
4. J-Kidd
5. Garnett
6. T-Mac
7. Dirk
8. K-Mart
9. LeBron
10. Yao

BigMac
05-18-2004, 12:57 AM
That guy's not worth my typing about his idocracy. I strain at even replying what I am do his worthless droll.

Hicks
05-18-2004, 01:03 AM

kerosene
05-18-2004, 01:03 AM
:unimpressed:

Roaming Gnome
05-18-2004, 01:13 AM
:deadhorse: :annoyed:

Diamond Dave
05-18-2004, 01:27 AM
Nice to see he read his Slam magazine cover to cover this month :bs:

PaceBalls
05-18-2004, 06:54 AM
This guy probably chose Orlando to win the East, and looks at his Tmac poster for inspiration when writing this crap

fwpacerfan
05-18-2004, 08:32 AM
I will use Bill Simmons' own words to sum up my thoughts on Wiley:

Note: One of the biggest problems with the NBA is that there aren't enough quality writers involved...

That says it all! :D

sweabs
05-18-2004, 09:17 AM
8. K-Mart
9. LeBron
10. Yao

This is laughable...K-Mart?!?! :laugh: .

Slick Pinkham
05-18-2004, 11:53 AM

Note: One of the biggest problems with the NBA is that there aren't enough quality writers involved...

Bill Simmons has some good ones. My personal favorite is his thoughts on why the Pistons drafted Darko Milicic over Carmelo Anthony:

"Because they already had Tayshaun Prince. Tayshaun Prince?! That's like passing up a free Ferrari because you already own a Miata."

Kegboy
05-18-2004, 05:25 PM

Bill Simmons has some good ones. My personal favorite is his thoughts on why the Pistons drafted Darko Milicic over Carmelo Anthony:

"Because they already had Tayshaun Prince. Tayshaun Prince?! That's like passing up a free Ferrari because you already own a Miata."

Simmons also said the following:

By the way, I think Tayshaun is this decade's Derrick McKey -- just tantalizing enough to keep stringing everyone along, just enough of a drifter that he'll never be one of the best four players on a winning team. I'm not saying somebody couldn't win a title with him as the fifth wheel. Could happen. But you either come to play every night or you don't. He doesn't.

Now, I'm on the record of loving McKey (:devil:). But even I know Simmons is right on here, and it's a damning indictment of Prince.

Shade
05-18-2004, 05:42 PM
Wow, what a piece of garbage. And the article's pretty bad, too. :P

There's no jusification for that guy being a writer.