PDA

View Full Version : The Lakers

obnoxiousmodesty
05-17-2004, 04:20 PM
I recently became entangled in a fun argument over the Lakers on another board I visit (a Star Trek board, if you must know). A lot of posters chimed in their complete hatred of the Lakers. Others blasted the haters for, well, hating. I thought it a lot of fun; it's always interesting to watch sci-fi fans argue. So, fellow Pacer fans, do you hate the Lakers?

Kid Minneapolis
05-17-2004, 04:30 PM
Very few teams draw my complete ire... but I am utterly... totally... unequivocally... SICK... of the Lakers. Most folks I talk to can't stand them. There is no doubting that they can be a very dominating team.... but they're reaching NY Yankee status when it comes to level of hatred. If there is one team that almost everyone would NOT want to win the trophy... the Lakers are that team. This is something where all non-Laker fans can come together in agreement. It was fun in the playoffs knowing your team had a chance once LA was out of the way... you could hear a collective groan across the Nation when San Antonio choked and LA moved on.

ROCislandWarrior
05-17-2004, 04:33 PM
It won't let me vote but Yes I do hate them

btw obnoxious, your avatar looks like Christina Agularia

Graywolf_59
05-17-2004, 04:37 PM
I don't really Hate the Laker's......Well----I guess I do deep down!All U hear is How Great P.Jackson is at coaching......I'd LOVE to see him take someone like the Orlando Magic or another *****ty team and turn them into NBA Champ's in 5 yrs.!Every team he's had------was all there for him---xcept for a player or two to complete it.I'd like to see him Build a *****ty team into a contender in 5 to 6 yrs.----If he's such a Great Coach!

Here's my Coach of the yr--------> http://img26.photobucket.com/albums/v78/Graywolf59/tinsley_420_carlisle.jpg

sweabs
05-17-2004, 04:41 PM
Yes I hate the Lakers.
:banghead: 2000 NBA Finals anyone?

ROCislandWarrior
05-17-2004, 04:43 PM
Yes I hate the Lakers.

soon to read "2004 NBA Finals Anyone?"

sweabs
05-17-2004, 04:43 PM
Yes I hate the Lakers.

soon to read "2004 NBA Finals Anyone?"

Oh please lord no...:pray:.

Arcadian
05-17-2004, 04:45 PM
I don't like this current incarnation of Lakers (Kobe and Shaq) but I have like past teams. I started disliking them when four Lakers were voted on as starters on the All star team and included Kobe who at the time was the 6th man on the Lakers.

Hicks
05-17-2004, 04:53 PM
Yes.

obnoxiousmodesty
05-17-2004, 05:04 PM
btw obnoxious, your avatar looks like Christina Agularia
That's Amy Acker. When she's not playing an evil demon from ages long past, she looks like this:

http://img40.photobucket.com/albums/v124/obnoxiousmodesty/amy.jpg

Pig Nash
05-17-2004, 05:10 PM
I like that picture of her so much.

Suaveness
05-17-2004, 05:11 PM
:mad:

I hate them with a burning passion. They are the most cocky, arrogany, dirty, cheap, and classless whiners in the world. And the king is Phil. The guy is so lucky...how could you NOT win 9 titles with Jordan, Pippen, Shaq, and Kobe? :mad:

Diamond Dave
05-17-2004, 05:22 PM
Much more than I hated the Bulls sadly. Everthing about them rubs me the wrong way. If its not Phil Jackson getting praised, even though he has never coached a team without the most dominate player in the league, then its Kobe demanding to play in LA and refusing to report to Charlotte. If its not Karl Malone trashing his dignity and pride by jumping ships then its a scrub like Rick Fox having multiple rings and believing he was vital to any championship.

Yeah I hate 'em

SycamoreKen
05-17-2004, 08:10 PM
I grew up in Terre Haute a Larry Bird/Boston fan, what do you think? My kids at school asked me if I liked the Lakers and I said no. I told them I haven't liked tham since I was their age (has it been that long ago Bird was wearing the blue and white?!?! :o )

efx
05-17-2004, 08:32 PM
If the nets make the finals and it's against the lakers I'd root for the lakers.

They don't really bother me. I don't buy into the conspiracy theories, they're just a very talanted team with a boatload of playoff experience.

wintermute
05-17-2004, 10:32 PM
yes, because they're the evil empire :mad:

:devil:

MSA2CF
05-17-2004, 10:40 PM
I'm not sure if I dislike the team/its players more or its so-called "fans"...

:maniac:

Shade
05-17-2004, 10:45 PM
They are my most hated team in the history of sports. EVER. There are so many reasons to hate them I can't even begin without going on a tangent. :mad:

ROCislandWarrior
05-17-2004, 10:50 PM
I'm not sure if I dislike the team/its players more or its so-called "fans"...
:maniac:

You mean because of their outrageous sense of entitlement?

ChicagoJ
05-17-2004, 11:35 PM
On my list of NBA teams, etc. that I "hate", the Lakers are nowhere near the top.

Most of my venom is saved for the Celtics.

I've got a serious dislike of everyone associated with the 1990s-era Chicago Bulls.

Except for Joe Dumars and Mark Aguirre, I've got a very strong dislike of the late-80s-to-early-90s Pistons.

(Those two are strong primarily because those teams are/were divisional rivals.)

I know I'm in the majority on this one, but I have a lot of respect for the Knicks. And during the 80s, when the Pacers were brutally bad, my second favorite team was the Sixers. Now I can't relate to the Allen Iverson/ Larry Brown -era Sixers at all, but I don't hate them.

I could care less about the Lakers - they're a WC team that we only see twice per year and again if we meet them in The Finals. I don't like them, they just don't merit "hatred" in my book.

Unclebuck
05-17-2004, 11:42 PM
I don't hate the Lakers, I do like to see them lose, I get tired of the media covering them as if they are the 8th wonder of the world.

But the Lakers do draw in casual fans that other teams don't.

Game #7 NBA Finals Pacers vs Lakers, that would be so nice.

To a certain degree I "hate" whoever the pacers are playing at least during the game. But Ihave never yelled anything at an opposing player, I boo a little, but I don't get too caught up on the opponent

Hoop
05-18-2004, 12:54 AM
I hate the Lakers with the white hot intensity of a thousands suns. :arrgh:
:mad: