PDA

View Full Version : The music post for PB777

Peck
05-17-2004, 05:00 AM
First off I want to say how cool it is to have somebody who has a voice with the org. here online with us.

My son commented to me at the game Saturday that it was kind of like having a friend that you know talking to us during the game.

It's going to be hard for me to pick out some songs because to be honest with you I understand you need club/arena music to keep the tempo upbeat.

However since you broke out some oldschool 80's music I figure "what the hell" I might as well give you some more choices & if nothing else I guess I just love to read myself in print. :D

Higher ground by Red Hot Chilli Peppers (or even older school Stevie Wonder)

Photograph by Def Lepard

Walk by Pantera (risky from the hard rock standpoint but a very very powerfull song & it would certainly keep my blood up)

Round & round by Ratt

Still of the night by Whitesnake

Iron Man by Black Sabbath

Crazy Train by Ozzy Osborne

Live Wire by Motley Crue (actually there are other Crue songs that would fit in line with the whole arena thing most notably "Smoking in the boys room" & "Dr. Feelgood")

Talk Dirty to me by Poison

867 5309/Jenny by Tommy Tutone

We're not gonna take it by Twisted Sister (actually I think you've played this one)

Cherry Pie by Warrent

Love gun by Kiss (hey a guy can hope can't he :) )

Rubber Band Man by the Spinners (one of my personnal favorites)

Take me home tonighe by Eddie Money

Enter Sandman by Metallica

Punk Rock Girl by the deadmilkmen (yea, I wanna see you play that. :evillaugh: )

Ok, I could go on but I'll stop now.

***Late edit***

I did forget we have a very special request that I feel would benefit the entire franchise if not the state of Indiana. He PB you might single handidly get rid of our state debt if you would honor this one special request.

Straight up by Paula Abdul

Doug would be eternally gratefull :devil: :dance:

Will Galen
05-17-2004, 08:33 AM
A worried man, by the Kingston Trio.

Just kidding, but this song has a story behind it. I used to play chess at work and sometimes I would try to get in the other guys head by singing four lines of the Kingston Trio's hit, A Worried Man. Which goes like this.

It takes a worried man to sing a worried song
Iím worried now but I wonít be worried long

Wouldn't it be great to have the crowd sing those lines before a Pacer game! :D :D :D

Doug
05-17-2004, 10:16 AM
Straight up by Paula Abdul

LOL! I stopped reading when I saw that and thought "uh oh".

What can I say. I was at an impressionable age then and Paula Abdul was (and is) very, very cute.

indytoad
05-17-2004, 02:23 PM
I think he should break out some Simon and Garfunkle.

Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyyyyyyyyyyme...

Reggie for three!

I know that gets me pumped up.

IndyToad
Then she'll be a true love of mine

Kegboy
05-17-2004, 04:09 PM
Simple. When introducing the Pacemates:

"Dance Naked" - John Mellencamp

Roaming Gnome
05-17-2004, 05:37 PM
I really wonder how the feelings for the DJ run amoung the fans? I know that I love it and I think it is a great idea, especially since he takes feedback from us, but I wonder because I just had to shut my radio off because I got tired of Greg Rakestraw (Local Sports talk) spend 5 min ripping him, and it kinda pissed me off a bit. My thought is, if you want the game to be so much like the College game, go watch college and stop crying about how the pro game needs to be like the college game.

Pig Nash
05-17-2004, 05:43 PM
Sorry but this should totally be your avatar:

http://img.slate.msn.com/media/74/Trav_winter_100k.asf

Roaming Gnome
05-17-2004, 06:19 PM
Sorry but this should totally be your avatar:

http://img.slate.msn.com/media/74/Trav_winter_100k.asf

All I see is this: x with a square around it! :smartass:

Pig Nash
05-17-2004, 07:19 PM
Well it seems you got my idea neway.

Kegboy
05-17-2004, 08:36 PM
I really wonder how the feelings for the DJ run amoung the fans? I know that I love it and I think it is a great idea, especially since he takes feedback from us, but I wonder because I just had to shut my radio off because I got tired of Greg Rakestraw (Local Sports talk) spend 5 min ripping him, and it kinda pissed me off a bit. My thought is, if you want the game to be so much like the College game, go watch college and stop crying about how the pro game needs to be like the college game.

Rakestraw's ripping someone else for being annoying? That's funny.

Roaming Gnome
05-17-2004, 11:22 PM

I wish WIBC sports talk was on durring afternoon drive time. MPOS can be utterly brutal to listen too considering he has done nothing but rip on the Pacers all regular season, then all of a sudden has a change of heart after the Boston series. Sports Desk is ok most days, but Rakestraw whining is enough to make me listen to MPOS. So...

Kegboy
05-18-2004, 05:15 PM

I wish WIBC sports talk was on durring afternoon drive time. MPOS can be utterly brutal to listen too considering he has done nothing but rip on the Pacers all regular season, then all of a sudden has a change of heart after the Boston series. Sports Desk is ok most days, but Rakestraw whining is enough to make me listen to MPOS. So...

I got two letters for you, XM.

Seriously, if you have a long commute, it's a life savor. SportsBash (formerly SportsBrothers), ESPNRadio's late afternoon show, is excellent. Chris K. is funny and knowledgeable, and he makes sure to cover a wide range of topics. He doesn't spend the whole show on baseball (I'm talking to you, Dan Patrick) or college football ('Herd). And he normally speaks a great deal about the NBA, even during football season. He can go a little too pop culture for some, but it's not like he's Kornheiser or something.

If you're around you're computer, I'd listen to him on espnradio.com. 3pm-6pm (4-7 EDT), right after Patrick. I highly recommend it.

Roaming Gnome
05-18-2004, 05:23 PM

I got two letters for you, XM.

Seriously, if you have a long commute, it's a life savor. SportsBash (formerly SportsBrothers), ESPNRadio's late afternoon show, is excellent. Chris K. is funny and knowledgeable, and he makes sure to cover a wide range of topics. He doesn't spend the whole show on baseball (I'm talking to you, Dan Patrick) or college football ('Herd). And he normally speaks a great deal about the NBA, even during football season. He can go a little too pop culture for some, but it's not like he's Kornheiser or something.

If you're around you're computer, I'd listen to him on espnradio.com. 3pm-6pm (4-7 EDT), right after Patrick. I highly recommend it.

My biggest thing isn't lack of options or wanting to listen to a national broadcast. I actually enjoy local sportstalk over national 10X's over unless it is dedicated to racing... I just wish that the local options were better. You got one guy that is a total *** and is full of himself and another guy that is whiney and his show is about as dry as my mother in law's Thnxgiving turkey.

Snickers
05-19-2004, 01:53 PM
I'm not sure if Paul is still around, but I'll give my :twocents:

First off, I was at the New Jersey game April 9th , and Paul B did a fine job. The crowd really does seem to respond to the stuff you play, or maybe it's just how it's presented. I don't know for sure, but it does add to the overall game experience.

I've got pretty wide musical tastes [thanks in part to help from the good folks on this board :flirt:], so I'll list a little bit of the stuff I like, specifically the type I think would be most appropriate for an NBA game.

Older rock:

[i]AC/DC - "Highway to Hell," "Back in Black," "You Shook Me," "Hell's Bells"

Black Sabbath - "Iron Man," "Fairies Wear Boots"

Led Zeppelin - "Rock and Roll," "Stairway to Heaven" [that's just a great song], "Bron-Y-Aur Stomp" [very nice rhythm]

Rolling Stones - "Get Off of My Cloud," "You Can't Always Get What You Want" [that would be nice if the opposing coach was complaining about a call at the time :D], "Brown Sugar," "Satisfaction," "Jumpin' Jack Flash"

Jimi Hendrix - "Purple Haze," "Fire," .... the one and only guitar god.

ZZTop - "Bad to the Bone," "Sharp Dressed Man"

The Clash - "Should I Stay or Should I Go," "I Fought the Law," "London Calling"

Steppenwolf - "Born to be Wild," "Magic Carpet Ride" .... two that everyone will know.

Guns N Roses - "Sweet Child O' Mine" "Paradise City"

Queen - other than the obvious "We Will Rock You" and "We Are the Champions," "Another One Bites the Dust" and "Bohemian Rhapsody" are fantastic.

Newer Rock:

Nirvana - "Smells Like Teen Spirit," "Breed," "Territorial Pissings," "Come as You Are" .... some of my favourite stuff.

Rage Against the Machine - "Killing in the Name," "Know Your Enemy," "Wake Up," "Take the Power Back" .... anything from their first album, really. Very loud and energetic.

System of a Down - "Bounce," "DDevil," "Sugar," "F--- the System" [there's no cursing until after the best part is over], "Toxicity," "Shimmy," "I-E-A-I-A-I-O" .... extremely energetic. Another one of my favourite new metal bands.

Sublime - "Santeria," "What I Got"

Saliva - "Click Click Boom"

Drowning Pool - "Bodies," and almost anything else from the "Sinner" album. Relatively hard, but not too hard.

Hot Action Cop - "Going Down on It" lesser-known, but I think it's worth checking out.

Cake - "Going the Distance," "Shadow Stabbing," and the indomitable "Short Skirt, Long Jacket" :D

Rap:

Most of what I like is relatively old-school. But that's only because old-school is better. :cool:

Eminem - "My Name Is," "Business," "Lose Yourself," "Guilty Conscience," "Drug Ballad," "My Dad's Gone Crazy"

Tupac - "All Eyez on Me," "Changes," "Picture Me Rollin'"

Run-DMC - "It's Tricky," "Walk This Way"

Beastie Boys - "Girls," "Brass Monkey"

Nas - "Made You Look," "I Can"

Cypress Hill: "Insane in the Brain," "Rap Superstar"

Other Stuff:

Bob Marley - "Get Up, Stand Up," "One Love," "No Woman, No Cry" .... woulda been kinda nice to play some Marley for the Heat series, for Brian Grant [that's Bob on his shoulder, isn't it?]

Beck - "Loser" .... that song is hilarious. :D

The Bootsy Collins snippet from the old commercials with Jermaine in them.... "Keep That Funk Alive" :D .... If anybody remembers that one.

Bouncing Souls: "Ole!" It's a spiced-up rendition of the classic soccer chant. I'm pretty sure it'd get a few people chanting, just for fun.

Me First and the Gimme Gimmes.... these guys do punk rock covers of well-known older songs. Some very, very cool stuff. Gotta check out their renditions of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" and "I Believe I Can Fly"

.... Well, that's more than enough for now.

Pig Nash
05-19-2004, 06:03 PM
Cake - "Going the Distance

I suggested that in the first thread.

Jose Slaughter
05-19-2004, 07:42 PM
Ain't no Stoppin' us Now by McPhadden & Whitehead

Snickers
05-19-2004, 09:38 PM
Cake - "Going the Distance

I suggested that in the first thread.

Sorry, I was just throwing crap out there. :blush:

But hey, it's got two recommendations now! :dance:

brichard
05-19-2004, 11:22 PM
This is a cool thread btw. One of my favorite subjects other than the Pacers is music... how nice to combine the two! I'm a classic rock/hairband guy, so most of the suggestions above I like. I do like Sublime, Nirvana and some of the other bands listed. Here are some other thoughts.

Sabbath- You can't go wrong with Iron Man. I still think this would be great to associate with one of the players... Artest or Foster... one of those two guys. Several folks have already mentioned this one, so I'd get it if you don't have it. Paranoid is also a good tune with a good beat.

Ozzy- I agree on Crazy Train.

Aerosmith- "Same Old Song and Dance", "Sweet Emotion", "The Other Side"

Doors- "Roadhouse Blues"

Alice Cooper- "No More Mister Nice Guy" Great song w/ good playoff implications.

Eminem- "Lose Yourself" I dislike most rap, but this is a crossover tune, and it also has good meaning to it.

Judas Priest- "You've Got Another Thing Coming, Breakin' the Law, Livin' After Midnight."

Scorpions- "The Zoo", Rock You like a Hurricane

Quiet Riot- Metal Health or *** on Feel the Noise. I'm serious... these would be fun to blow the dust off of.

AC/DC- Thunderstruck, You Shook Me, Back in Black, Dirty Deeds. High Voltage is one of my favorite Albums. Long Way to the Top has some playoff Meaning and has become re-disovered by folks who watched School of Rock. Live Wire is my personal favorite, but that was my "get psyched up" song from high school wrestling. Nobody else probably even knows what it is. :cool:

Alice in Chains- Man in the Box. Classic.

Van Halen- Unchained.

Tom Petty- Won't Back Down, Running Down a Dream.

Mellencamp- Jack and Diane, I Need a Lover (If you can shorten the Intro), Play Guitar.

Great White- Once Bitten.

Ramones- Anything by the Ramones is good Arena Rock. A personal fave is Mama's Boy.

Iron Maiden- Run to the Hills.

The Swingin' Medallions- Double Shot of My Baby's Love

Neal Diamond- Sweet Caroline

Barry Mannilow- Copacabana (2nd favorite song at my college parties behind YMCA)

Molly Hatchet- "Flirtin With Disaster" Again... great meaning.

Krokus- "Eat the Rich"

Sweet- Ballroom Blitz or Fox on the Run

Kiss- Shout it out Loud, Rock and Roll All Night.

Sammy Hagar- 3 Lock Box, Heavy Metal.

Guns N Roses- Jungle and Paradise City.

Queen- Fat Bottomed Girls.

Stevie Ray- Pride and Joy.

Pink Floyd- Run Like Hell.

Dion- Runaround Sue

Simon and Garfunkel- Cecelia

Kenny Rogers- The Gambler. I bet that would be great!

Ok... Ok... I'll shut up already!

:pepper:

pb777
05-19-2004, 11:37 PM
Dayyum this thread has a lot of music in it. Lots of good suggestions too! I'm trying to build a nice collection of music for Conseco and you guys are really helping me out, THANKS!!!!! Keep em' coming!

TheSauceMaster
05-19-2004, 11:38 PM
Maybe it's me but I haven't ever been to a NBA or Sporting Event where they played alot of Rock or Hard Rock for that matter ..maybe there is a reason :laugh:

I am not trying to be a buttwipe but the music needs to inspire the players as well as the fans , remember were a young team and I am not saying some havent heard of any of the tunes mentioned .

Btw I like all types of music so it's not because I don't like certains songs mentioned , heck even own most all the songs that have been requested but some stuff just ain't good for games.

Than's just my :twocents: and I am sorry if I offended or angered anyone with my comments.

BigMac
05-19-2004, 11:41 PM
Dayyum this thread has a lot of music in it. Lots of good suggestions too! I'm trying to build a nice collection of music for Conseco and you guys are really helping me out, THANKS!!!!! Keep em' coming!

Paul,

Did you get your download of Long Tall Glasses OK? If not, I can drop you off a copy at the radio station? Let me know.

kerosene
05-19-2004, 11:42 PM
Maybe it's me but I haven't ever been to a NBA or Sporting Event where they played alot of Rock or Hard Rock for that matter ..maybe there is a reason :laugh:

Hockey games play almost nothing but rock and hard rock. Demographics I suppose.

Peck
05-19-2004, 11:44 PM

I am not trying to be a buttwipe but the music needs to inspire the players as well as the fans , remember were a young team and I am not saying some havent heard of any of the tunes mentioned .

Btw I like all types of music so it's not because I don't like certains songs mentioned , heck even own most all the songs that have been requested but some stuff just ain't good for games.

Than's just my :twocents: and I am sorry if I offended or angered anyone with my comments.

Dude, don't worry. I thought the same thing at first that's why I didn't lay down a lot of ideas when he first came on here. But then I went to the next game & he laid down classic old school rock (Jump, Rock you like a Hurricane, etc.) & he said he thought the crowd reacted to it. So were just trying to spread the love & pass out the old rock stuff. :)

TheSauceMaster
05-19-2004, 11:44 PM

Hockey games play almost nothing but rock and hard rock. Demographics I suppose.

Maybe , Never Been to a Pro hockey game so I can't say :blush:

pb777
05-19-2004, 11:45 PM
Paul,

Did you get your download of Long Tall Glasses OK? If not, I can drop you off a copy at the radio station? Let me know.
I was able to download it and a few others, burned on cd, ready to go. Thanks for the offer though.

TheSauceMaster
05-19-2004, 11:46 PM

Dude, don't worry. I thought the same thing at first that's why I didn't lay down a lot of ideas when he first came on here. But then I went to the next game & he laid down classic old school rock (Jump, Rock you like a Hurricane, etc.) & he said he thought the crowd reacted to it. So were just trying to spread the love & pass out the old rock stuff. :)

Peck no worries here I have been to the past couple games and I think Paul B is doing a fine job and trying his best to keep all ages happy.

pb777
05-19-2004, 11:51 PM

I'm attempting to keep a balance Conseco between the fans and the players. I'll probably use the ideas from this post in 2 or 3 timeouts each game, like I did the classic rock mega-mix. Nothing motivates the players late in the game more than a loud *** crowd, and if rock gets the crowd up then rock it is. I'm going to keep playing the music for the players like I have been, but maybe diversify the music at times throughout the game. Sound good?

brichard
05-19-2004, 11:52 PM

I think whatever songs that are played for the warmups should be hand picked by the players. This is where they are getting primed and psyched up. Music can be a big part of getting a person in that mindset.

However once the ball is thrown up... I can't imagine they pay attention to much of anything. When I played football and wrestled I never remember hearing anything. I never heard a cheer, never heard the announcer... I was just in a zone.

The music by and large is for the fans. And when I have been to Conseco, which granted has not been a ton of times, I've seen them have the crowd vote to hear certain tunes. Hard rock tunes have won every single applause contest I've seen.

I also think there is probably some diversity for music on the team. I can see Foster listening to Toby Keith before DMX, but you never know.

I primarily listed hard rock b/c I like it, but you need to throw a bone to the older fans as well, which is why I mentioned some of the Oldies tunes. If this is Chauncey, I also know you like Wycleaf Jean... even he did a cover of Kenny Roger's the Gambler. Not a good cover IMO... but a cover nonetheless!

pb777
05-19-2004, 11:53 PM

Peck no worries here I have been to the past couple games and I think Paul B is doing a fine job and trying his best to keep all ages happy.

SauceMaster, thanks for the compliment. Now I have to work on MPOS, lol...... :laugh:

pb777
05-19-2004, 11:55 PM

I think whatever songs that are played for the warmups should be hand picked by the players. This is where they are getting primed and psyched up. Music can be a big part of getting a person in that mindset.

However once the ball is thrown up... I can't imagine they pay attention to much of anything. When I played football and wrestled I never remember hearing anything. I never heard a cheer, never heard the announcer... I was just in a zone.

The music by and large is for the fans. And when I have been to Conseco, which granted has not been a ton of times, I've seen them have the crowd vote to hear certain tunes. Hard rock tunes have won every single applause contest I've seen.

I also think there is probably some diversity for music on the team. I can see Foster listening to Toby Keith before DMX, but you never know.

I primarily listed hard rock b/c I like it, but you need to throw a bone to the older fans as well, which is why I mentioned some of the Oldies tunes. If this is Chauncey, I also know you like Wycleaf Jean... even he did a cover of Kenny Roger's the Gambler. Not a good cover IMO... but a cover nonetheless!

Your comment is right on point.

BigMac
05-19-2004, 11:58 PM
Paul,

I was able to download it and a few others, burned on cd, ready to go. Thanks for the offer though.

Glad to help. Or at least offer to help. I hope I hear it on Saturday night. You have no idea how much that song means to us old school folk.

pb777
05-20-2004, 12:00 AM
BigMac - I'll do my best to play it Saturday, probably in the 4th. It may be just :30 to :45 of it in a mix so you'll have to listen closely

BillS
05-20-2004, 09:36 AM
Wow. If I caught a bit of Long Tall Glasses during the TV broadcast I think I'd go nuts.

All we'd need is someone to do some Dancing Harry ...

<nostalgic sigh>

ChicagoJ
05-20-2004, 10:43 AM
I think we're all looking forward to Long Tall Glasses on Saturday. :)

Is Rat back in town yet? Maybe he can capture and upload the moment.

TheSauceMaster
05-21-2004, 05:39 AM
Okay Here's my list , I may repeat some and some might have been played but here goes and I hope I don't show my age too much.

Bob Seger - Old Time Rock n Roll
Billy Idol - Mony Mony
Twisted Sister - Were not gonna take it
Scorpions - Rock You Like a Hurricane
James Brown - Papa's Got a Brand New Bag
James Brown - I Feel Good
Kool & The Gang - Celebration
2 Unlimited - Get Ready For This
Survivor - Eye Of The Tiger
Dee-Lite - Groove Is In The Heart
B52's Love Shack
B52's Rock Lobster
Young MC - Bust A Move
Tone Loc - Wildthing
Tone Loc - Funky Cold Medina
Bachman-Turner Overdrive - Takin' Care Of Business
House Of Pain - Jump Around
LL Cool J - Mama Said Knock You Out
MC Hammer - You Can't Touch This
Tony Toni Tone - Feels Good
AC/DC - Shook Me All Night Long
Montell Jordan - This Is How We Do It
Isley Brothers - Shout
Nelly - Hot In Here
Jagged Edge and Nelly - Where the Party At
Ludacris - Stand Up
Lenny Kravitz - American Woman
Jay Z - Big Pimpin
Jay Z - Dirt Off Your Shoulder
J-Kwon - Tipsy
Afrrka Bambaataa - Planet Rock
Bell Biv DeVoe - Poison
Kurtis Blow - Basketball
Kurtis Blow -The Breaks
50Cent - In Da Club
KC & the Sunshine Band - That's the Way (I Like It)
Salt-N-Pepa -Push It
The Movement -Jump
Van Halen - Why Can't this Be Love
Sean Paul - Get Busy
Maroon 5 - Harder To Breathe
Kylie Minogue - The Locamotion
Christina Aguilera - Fighter
No Doubt - Hella Good
Beyonce - Dirty Girl
Big Daddy Kane - I Get The Job Done
The Champs - Tequila
Steppenwolf - Born to Be Wild
Buster Poindexter - Hot Hot Hot
Tag Team - Whoomp! (There It Is)
Black Box - Everybody Everybody
2 in a Room - Wiggle It
Snap - The Power
Escape Club - Wild Wild West
Sugarhill Gang - 8th Wonder
The Bangles - Walk Like an Egyptian
Ce Ce Peniston - Finally
Lipps Inc - FunkyTown
The Gap Band - You Dropped the Bomb on Me
Technotronic - Pump up the Jam
Pat Benatar - Hit Me With Your Best Shot
George Thorogood & the Destroyers - Bad to the Bone
The Romantics - What I Like about You
Glenn Frey - The Heat is On
Wang Chung - Everybody Have Fun Tonight
JJ Fad - SuperSonic
Lou Bega - Mambo No.5
EMF - Unbelieveable
C&C Music Factory - Everybody Dance Now
Baha Men - Who Let the Dogs Out
The Village People - Y.M.C.A
Kiss - Rock and Roll All Nite
Kiss - Detriot Rock City
Aretha Franklin - Respect
War - Low Rider
The Prodigy - FireStarter
Aerosmith and Run DMC - Walk this Way
K7 - Come Baby Come
Stray Cats - Rock This Town
Loverboy - Lovin Every Minute of It
Men Without Hats - Saftey Dance
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama
The Georgia Satellites - Keep Your Hands to Yourself
The Fabulous Thunderbirds - Tuff Enuff
Lenny Kravitz - Are You Gonna Go My Way
Missy Elliot - Work it
Patty Smyth - The Warrior
Rick James - SuperFreak
The Commodores - Brick House
Whodini - Freak Come out at Night
E.U. - Da' Butt
George Clinton - Atomic Dog
Quiet Riot - *** on Feel the Noize
Beastie Boys - Fight for Your Right
Boyz II Men - Mowtown Philly
Sheryl Crow - All I wanna Do
Club Nouvea - Lean on Me
2 Unlimited - Twilight Zone
Bananarama - Venus
Lil' Kim - The Jump Off
Great White - Once Bitten Twice Shy
Dmx - Party Up ( Up in Here)

Hmm, almost 5am and I am tired of Typing might add more later :laugh:

burnzone
05-21-2004, 10:33 AM
Here's a few suggestions, sorry if some are duplicates of what has already been posted.

Rap- Obviously, a few of these will need the lyrics cut out, but I think the beats will get the players and the crowd hyped.

- C-Murder feat. Snoop Dogg - Down 4 my niggas
- Snoop Dogg feat. Nate Dogg - Lay Low
- Master P - Weed & Hennessy, B*tches & Blunts
- Dead Prez - Hip Hop
- Ludacris - Southern Fried Intro
- Petey Pablo - Raise Up
- Ice Cube - ***** Dyin'
- Twista feat. Ludacris - Higher
- Jay-Z - Dirt off your shoulders
- Lil' Flip - Game Over
- Bone Crusher - Never Scared

Rock-

- Van Halen - Get Up, 5150
- Megadeth - Take No Prisoners
- Stone Temple Pilots - Crackerman
- Slipknot - Wait and Bleed
- Primus - Jerry was a Racecar Driver, My Name is Mudd
- Guns N' Roses - It's so Easy
- Down - Eyes of the South
- Black Sabbath - Children of the Grave, Sweet Leaf
- Black Label Society - Doomsday Jesus
- Anthrax - What Doesn't Die
- Alice in Chains - We Die Young
- AC\DC - It's a Long Way to the Top, D.T.

brichard
05-21-2004, 10:07 PM
Sauce... Good call on Big Daddy Kane. Another rap song that I like and it also has good meaning. "I work... Baby!"

brichard
05-21-2004, 10:16 PM
Kiss - Detriot Rock City

Great song, but let's avoid this one during the Piston series.

:cool:

ChicagoJ
05-21-2004, 10:31 PM
Okay, I'm going to put my 'mid-thirties caucasion-ness' on full display here.

Back in the mid-to-late-90s, at MSA, the same rap song was always played on the PA system when the Pacers would run out of the locker room before the game.

I thought it was a boxing tribute. And I thought the song name was "The Main Event" or "Get in the Ring" - but not the lousy Guns-and-Squirrels song by that name. :rolleyes:

One of the few rap songs I like (although I do really like Cypress Hill's Rock Superstar but that's another story) - but I have no idea what its called or who the performer was.

Does my :censor: -y explanation ring a bell? Anyone?