PDA

View Full Version : Pacers will win game #6 in Miami

Unclebuck
05-16-2004, 11:45 PM
I am not big on predictions, I never post in the guess the score threads, I avoid predictions at all costs.

But right now I am convinced as I ever will be that the Pacers will win game #6 in Miami. If I were a betting man I would fly to Vegas and place a big fat juicy bet on game #6.

It won't be easy, and in fact the Pacers will have to either pull the game out at the end or hang on for dear life.

The Pacers will play their best game of these playoffs Tuesday night, Reggie will come up big in the fourth, maybe not with a large quantity of points but with a lot of quality, a few huge shots in the last 5 minutes.

Heat will play well, so it will be more of the Pacers playing a great game.

A team does not go 27-14 on the road and not be able to beat the Heat once on the road.

Bet the house on it, fly to Vegas, call your bookie, or placer a bet on some offshore website, but the Pacers will win game #6

Anthem
05-16-2004, 11:48 PM
Not gonna argue. I haven't bothered yet to see what the line was.

Suaveness
05-16-2004, 11:49 PM
My sig says all. :devil:

sweabs
05-16-2004, 11:51 PM

You're sig worries me!!!!!!!

ROCislandWarrior
I am with you UB

The numbers just add up, and it is time for us to beat the Heat at AAA
Best Road Team w/ new found energy and passion VS. an over achieving small/young team w/ a crazy 18 game home win streak.

We can do it, but we must play a COMPLETE game.

Roaming Gnome
Not gonna argue. I haven't bothered yet to see what the line was.

Funny you mention that...

Pacers are favored by 4 points with the over/under set at 176.5.

My money is on the Pacers. I think they will win by 8!

Hicks
05-16-2004, 11:52 PM
Wow. UncleBuck making bold predictions. This is new territory. I hope he has some power over the fate of the NBA. :meditate:

sweabs
05-16-2004, 11:53 PM
If we do win this game...UB is making predictions from here on end. :laugh: .

Grant
05-17-2004, 10:46 AM
When the Pacers went to Miami the first time:

1) They were coming off of 6 straight easy playoff wins.
2) They had not played very well in the first two games.

They weren't really up to the challenge.

I'm going to disagree with Peck (a rarity). I think that 11 day layoff messed them up in the first 3 or 4 games. Most people expected them to be rusty in the first half of game 1 and then be back to normal. I don't like making excuses any more than the next guy, and maybe it should not have taken half a series to get back into their groove, but this was not the same team from Boston game 4 to Miami game 1.

The Pacers were firing on all cylinders at the end of the season and during the first round. When they got to the second round, they became pretty average. They beat a bad road team easily in games 1 and 2 and lost to a good home team badly in games 3 and 4. I don't think it was rust, I just think they lost a little intensity or effort or something.

The team I saw in game 5 looks to have regained the swagger and intensity that they had a couple of weeks ago.

I'll call my shot. I think the Pacers win this one by double digits.

Suaveness
05-17-2004, 12:06 PM

You're sig worries me!!!!!!!

You worry too much...

Espcially since UB predicted it

:devil:

Tim
05-18-2004, 12:43 AM
I think the Pacers will have a good effort. I think they are trying to hide the fact that a game 7 against this team scares them a bit, which hopefully can be turned into a good motivator for game 6.

I want to finish it up in game 6 but if not I am gonna make sure I buy a ticket right next to the Heat Dance Team in game 7, yum! :D

pb777
05-18-2004, 10:53 PM
Good call Unclebuck! It wasnt pretty but they still got the win!

arkman40
05-18-2004, 10:53 PM
:king:

sweabs
05-18-2004, 10:54 PM
UB WHAT IS YOUR PREDICTION FOR GAME 1 OF ECF???????????

:devil: :devil:

ROCislandWarrior
05-18-2004, 10:55 PM

seconded

pb777
05-18-2004, 10:56 PM

seconded

Thirded (is that a word?)

Hicks
05-18-2004, 11:01 PM

sweabs
05-18-2004, 11:02 PM
I will join in on the fun because I am just that ECSTATIC.

TheSauceMaster
05-18-2004, 11:09 PM
hmm , I picked the pacers in 6 in pick and roll , so I had the longer vision that they would win game 6 ;) since picks had to be made before the playoffs started :D

sweabs
05-18-2004, 11:15 PM
hmm , I picked the pacers in 6 in pick and roll , so I had the longer vision that they would win game 6 ;) since picks had to be made before the playoffs started :D

Not to brag...but I also had that...and also have 170 pts total...and am first place...and 408th overall....BUT NOT TO BRAG!!! :laugh: :devil:

TheSauceMaster
05-18-2004, 11:15 PM

Not to brag...but I also had that...and also have 170 pts total...and am first place...and 408th overall....BUT NOT TO BRAG!!! :laugh: :devil:

sweet , see we had vision :D :D :D :D :D

sweabs
05-18-2004, 11:17 PM

sweet , see we had vision :D :D :D :D :D

Aw hell yeah!!! I want that grand prize they are offering!!! (Never going to happen). Too bad I am in a pool with money and I made TOTALLY different pics :cry: .

Unclebuck
05-18-2004, 11:24 PM
Never in doubt.

I think I'll stop while I am ahead, no more predictions.

joro
05-18-2004, 11:25 PM
It won't be easy, and in fact the Pacers will have to either pull the game out at the end or hang on for dear life.

So, UB, now that you have acquired "prophet" status, would you care to let us know the following:

1. Will Smarty Jones win the Triple Crown?
2. Will the Colorado Rockies make it to the MLB post-season?
3. Will the NASDAQ ever reach 3,000 again so I can afford to retire?
4. Who will win the Presidential election this November?

and finally . . . .

5. Will Al Sharpton ever say anything that remotely makes sense -- I mean, ever??

:D :D :D :D

Suaveness
05-18-2004, 11:30 PM
Nice one UB... :devil:

And it looks like I don't have to touch my sig :devil:

sweabs
05-18-2004, 11:31 PM

If you're gonna change your sig you might as well take New Jersey logo outta it.

Suaveness
05-18-2004, 11:38 PM

If you're gonna change your sig you might as well take New Jersey logo outta it.

You sure about that?

Slick Pinkham
05-18-2004, 11:39 PM
I'm not UB, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express Last Night...

1. Will Smarty Jones win the Triple Crown?

It is decidedly so.

2. Will the Colorado Rockies make it to the MLB post-season?

no, not even close. And all that will be remembered is the Red Sox-Cubs world series, interrupted by tsunamis, famine, locusts, and strange behavior from household appliances.

3. Will the NASDAQ ever reach 3,000 again so I can afford to retire?

Yes and no. It will reach it in time for your KIDS to retire
4. Who will win the Presidential election this November?

Barney Frank, after gay marriage becomes the hottest fad since pet rocks and the Dems dump Kerry to ride the wave.

5. Will Al Sharpton ever say anything that remotely makes sense -- I mean, ever??

:rolleyes: An asteroid collision resulting in a mass extinction of all of the human race except for Dick Chaney (hiding in an undisclosed location) is more likely.