PDA

View Full Version : OT - Van Helsing

Anthem
05-16-2004, 02:12 AM
Missed the Spurs/Lakers game because the missus and I went out for a movie after the Pacers won.

That was a great movie. Who else has seen it?

pacerchic
05-16-2004, 09:35 AM
I saw it. I really enjoyed it, too. I thought it got a little over-animated at times, but it was fun with a ton of action. I thought it was a little too long, though. I really enjoyed the story line and the humorous bits they incorporated.

I thought Van Helsing was extremely HOT!!! :pepper:

indygeezer
05-16-2004, 09:43 AM
Can I take a 13 yr old boy and 11 yr old girl with the Mrs and me?

SpADeD
05-16-2004, 11:45 AM
It was alright. I believe the same guy made The Mummy movies, and if so, I liked those better. It was a CGI madhouse. It was fun, thats all you can really expect from a movie like that though. Heard there is going to be a sequel.

SpADeD
05-16-2004, 11:46 AM

Are you asking if it would be "suitable" for a 13yr and an 11 yr? If so than the answer would be yes.

indygeezer
05-16-2004, 11:53 AM

Are you asking if it would be "suitable" for a 13yr and an 11 yr? If so than the answer would be yes.

that was the question yes, thanks...you never know these days. This family is still pretty conservative. No need in the kids growing up too fast.

Anthem
05-16-2004, 01:02 PM
I've seen a lot of movies. When I left the theater, I couldn't think of another movie I had seen that was worse than that one for 40 minutes. Don't go even if someone pays for your ticket.

What's the last good movie you saw?

SpADeD
05-16-2004, 05:18 PM
My 9 y/o son LOVED that last Lord of the Rings movie. I thought it awfully overhyped. :D

It is really overhyped. Just like Star Wars, you got all of those fantasy sci-fi nerds sleeping by the theater just to be the first ones to the movie. The LOTR movies weren't that good.

indytoad
05-16-2004, 05:21 PM
Lots of falling in this movie. I liked how they intertwined all the different legends in an LXG sorta way, that was kinda cool.

I don't watch a whole lot of movies but I can think of quite a few that were way worse than this one. You Got Served comes to mind...

Lastly...shouldn't this be in the Pub?

IndyToad
Three small broken bones

Zesty
05-17-2004, 10:46 AM
It's entertaining if nothing else. Don't go if you're expecting Shakespeare. If you just want to see some mindless fighting, crap getting blown up, and the delectable Kate Beckinsale, then go see it.

Tim
05-17-2004, 01:32 PM
Fun movie to watch, if you liked the Mummy then you will like this one except as a whole it wasn't as good as the Mummy.

Stryder
05-17-2004, 02:43 PM
Okay movie. I enjoyed it, but wouldn't buy it on DVD. If you don't like CGI, then don't see this one.

I wish they could've gotten the rights to Abraham Van Helsing instead of making the character into Gabriel Van Helsing.

I also didn't like how all of the characters were included. Dracula, Frankstein's monster, Werewolves, and even Dr. Jekyl/Mr. Hyde.

Leave it at Dracula and the story would've/could've been much, much better than it was.

I've got more thoughts on the movie, but I've got little time.

My advice is to go read Bram Stoker's Dracula, Mary Shelley's Frankenstein: The Modern Prometheus, and The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde by Stevenson. You will get more enjoyment out of those books.