PDA

View Full Version : Jamaal played like Jason Kidd tonight.

Suaveness
05-15-2004, 11:22 PM
He was simply superb. He was dictating the pace of the game very well, and did a great job of pushing the ball up the court. And I was very surprised by the aggressiveness displayed by him. Jamaal constantly penetrated into the lane and either got the shot or made a great pass.

And his passing was very good as usual. Though he didn't hit the outside shot as well, he still played tremendous.

ABADays
05-15-2004, 11:28 PM
Tins has grown a lot this year and it is showing in the playoffs.

Diamond Dave
05-16-2004, 12:18 AM
Agreed. He was also getting key rebounds as well. His offensive rebound in traffic put back with a foul really IMO started the run to the top that we made. If he continues at this level he will compete very closely Jason Kidd and nuetralize Chauncy Billups, depending on who we play assuming we win on Tuesday.

Not only Jamaal had improved play at pt guard tonight. I thought Anthony Johnson did an excellent job picking up where Jamaal left off in the second half. :dance: :dance: for both

Ragnar
05-16-2004, 12:29 AM
Yes I have to give Johnson credit he played one of his best games tonight. He made good passes in traffic and played with a lot more poise than normal.

ROCislandWarrior
05-16-2004, 12:31 AM
Yes I have to give Johnson credit he played one of his best games tonight. He made good passes in traffic and played with a lot more poise than normal.

Wow!

That is big coming from the man who posted "WHAT THE F#%@#%@% is RICK DOING"

:o

Ragnar
05-16-2004, 12:41 AM

Wow!

That is big coming from the man who posted "WHAT THE F#%@#%@% is RICK DOING"

:o

I know it comes off as if I hate Johnson but I really dont. While I do think he is the Anti Christ I dont hate him like I hated Travis. If they would use him as a spot up shooter ala Paxson/Hoiburg/Kerr I would really like the guy. Its just that he is not a point guard he is a backup 2 or at least he is not a very good point guard. But even if I hated him I would still give him credit when he played well.

Its just that in that game where I posted that he had been left in for over 11 minutes despite playing like total crap. So in short when I am b1tching about AJ I am really b1tching about Ricks dependence on him. I still think pg is a weakness with Rick and unless they bring in a real pg to back up Tinsley I will worry. Heck I would like to see Siggy play more even though his offense is not there yet. At least he is a better defender and IMO his offense will get there with playing time.

Siggy can become a very very good pg if he is given time. Maybe I am wrong but I was right about Tinsley and I think I am right about Siggy. I see the same court vision in him as Tins has he just does not have the same controll as Tinsley yet. I am very worried that we will give up on him without giving him a season as the backup pg to develope and it will bite us in the @ss. Give Tins 38 minutes a game and Siggy 10. We will be fine we could not do worse than most of the games with AJ so why not try it next year.

ROCislandWarrior
05-16-2004, 12:49 AM
If we use Kenny as the Backup PG, then AJ falls out of the rotation. Fred is the Backup 2 and that isn't going to change.

AJ can knock down the open shot, but he can't create a shot for himself so he hardly gets open shots at the PG spot.

The only thing I don't like about AJ is the fact he can't beat pressure (or it takes him 10 second to do it).

Ragnar
05-16-2004, 12:58 AM
If we use Kenny as the Backup PG, then AJ falls out of the rotation. Fred is the Backup 2 and that isn't going to change.

AJ can knock down the open shot, but he can't create a shot for himself so he hardly gets open shots at the PG spot.

The only thing I don't like about AJ is the fact he can't beat pressure (or it takes him 10 second to do it).

Fred is injured right now and is not shooting so why not use AJ that way?

Like I said AJ is not a pg. Its as simple as that he is a backup 2 at best. Of course he cant beat the pressure neither could Mercer but we knew Mercer was not a pg. We blamed Isiah for that why are we not blaming Rick for playing AJ at the point? It is exactly the same to me, the only difference is that other coaches before Rick used him improperly at the point so it makes it ok for Rick to.

Hicks
05-16-2004, 01:06 AM

I was thinking the exact same thing at the game. I was telling my friend next to me when he came in "Oh crap, now our offense is going to start to suck", but to my very pleasent surprise, we KEPT SCORING tonight.

sweabs
05-16-2004, 03:08 AM
Suaveness...your signature............... :o

Is it not a little soon?????
Don't jinx it or anything!!!

PaceBalls
05-16-2004, 08:33 AM
Honestly, at this point, I think I'd take Jeff over Brad. For the reasons we saw last night.

Brad's a good player, but Jeff fits this team better IMO (more hustle more energy better D)

These Jeff vs Brad posts will never end so just get used to it :p

oh and ya Tinsley is awesome :o

Suaveness
05-16-2004, 10:53 AM
Suaveness...your signature............... :o

Is it not a little soon?????
Don't jinx it or anything!!!

You can't jinx a Good team ;)

Unclebuck
05-16-2004, 03:09 PM

I have been away from the computer since before last nights game, so I am reading this for the first time.

I noticed the same thing you did and I was really fired up after AJ had back to back drive and dishes. Best game AJ has played during the playoffs.

The thing I noticed about Tinsley last night was he played harder than he normally does, his effort was as good as I have ever seen it.

MistyRo76
05-16-2004, 04:39 PM
Tinsley played with great energy and enthusiasm last night, yet still played within the game and under control. I loved his penetration last night. He made the defense play him which took some of the pressure off of his teammates and got them more open, easy shots. He also created well for himself. And if the defense has to respect his dribble penetration, it will also open up the three for himself. I thought that his energy on offense carried over to his defensive effort as well. And he was really hustling for rebounds. His line, while not spectacular, was solid and efficient. Hopefully, he will carry it over to Game 6.

One telling stat for Game 5: 27 Assists on 36 Made Field Goals=Great ball movement by the whole team.

Great win!!

Misty