PDA

View Full Version : Conseco was Rockin'

ROCislandWarrior
05-15-2004, 10:59 PM
I hope the people that went to the game tell me that it was because on tv it seemed like the roof was about to explode.

It was really very nice to see JO getting emotional and playing to the crowd. I know somepeople might not like that, but it is great.

This team was dead..getting kicked by Miami the previous 4 games but tonight it was different. We took it to them and JO was Flexing and razzing the crowd. He was on fire and he let everyone know it with his little head shake and "flexed" bottom lip.

I believe there has been an awakening in Indiana...the last state to feel playoff fever but good things come to those who are patient.

kerosene
05-15-2004, 11:00 PM
It sounded really loud there on tv. My gf even commented on it. I was wondering what people at the game thought too.

Diamond Dave
05-16-2004, 12:12 AM
Fans were good tonight. When Reggie hit that three off the offensive rebound the roof nearly blew off the fieldhouse.

Still I didn't see very much response to the "Lets Go Heat" chants that were eminating from that dancing section from the club level. But I guess who cares, I think they might have been part of the heat's cheerleading squad and were there to dance even if they were down by 23 :unimpressed: .

ROCislandWarrior
05-16-2004, 12:15 AM
Fans were good tonight. When Reggie hit that three off the offensive rebound the roof nearly blew off the fieldhouse.

Still I didn't see very much response to the "Lets Go Heat" chants that were eminating from that dancing section from the club level. But I guess who cares, I think they might have been part of the heat's cheerleading squad and were there to dance even if they were down by 23 :unimpressed: .

I heard alot of Boo's from Conseco a few seconds after they started the chant

Diamond Dave
05-16-2004, 12:24 AM

I heard alot of Boo's from Conseco a few seconds after they started the chant

Well its a possibility that over on that side there were ( I was on the other side of the arena), but basically I was looking for a counter-acting "Lets go pacers" from the fans. Still props to the fans for chanting someone else's name than Reggie's when they got the Foster chant going.

Roaming Gnome
05-16-2004, 12:32 AM
Yep, the Fieldhouse faithful were challenged and came thru. The Defense chant was in full effect from the Heat's 1st possession. DJ Paul B followed a lot of the suggestions from both boards and went retro with a lot of his music. He also calmed down on the mic tonight. As for the Heat fans...I was standing over the entry pavillion when they came in the doors chanting "Let's go Heat". The inflatable mascots gave them a hard time pecking them and what not....kinda funny. They also tried to get the chant started in the game, but were drowned out by the Boos.

Way to show fans!!!

beast23
05-16-2004, 12:32 AM

I heard alot of Boo's from Conseco a few seconds after they started the chantI sat in the suites just about 50 feet from them. And we had a great time. They didn't get razzed very much at all.

But the Miami group did bring noise-makers with them, so the Pacer ushers went and got a bunch of thunder sticks to hand out to all of the fans sitting around the Miami fans. Every time the Heat group made much noise, the area fans would respond with their thunder sticks. It was a blast.

At halftime, I talked to a couple of the Heat fans. A gal named Sari was one of the dancers and seemed to be the ringleader. Pretty cute gal and an avid Heat fan.

We told them about Benz being fired for his part in the punking of Indy and they couldn't believe it.

We also pointed out our guy courtside in the hardhat, and informed them that the Pacer's #1 fan was a Floridian with businesses in West Palm Beach, Sanibel and Ft Myers. Just seems like on Pacer game day he can't get out of Florida fast enough.

I think they added to the game and made it more fun for a lot of our fans in the area. It was great to have a handful of Miami fans in our place, especially the dancers. Now if there had been 2,000 then I would have been pissed.

TheSauceMaster
05-16-2004, 12:45 AM
The Crowd was much better I thought from where I was sitting atleast :dance: :pepper:

When Reggie hit the 3 I thought my ear drums were about to burst , When JO hit that nice shot and got the foul and he flexed the crowd went insane again , When foster made that nice sweeping dunk once again it went loud , was also great to hear the Foster Chant he really deserved it.

I love watching JO make the big shots and running down the floor with the nice smile and shaking his head with confidence :dance: :pepper: :pepper:

I know there were other moments when it was really loud but right now I am so happy the pacers played the way I knew they could I am really just over joyed right now and it's been one of the Best playoff games I have been to so far.

Hicks
05-16-2004, 01:11 AM
It sounded really loud there on tv. My gf even commented on it. I was wondering what people at the game thought too.

As you can read in my "Brad Who??" thread, I was there, and it was great! Packed house, really loud, and whenever it was getting quiet, normally whenever I'd cheer at that point, I'd get half the crowd to respond, and then we'd all get going again. I feel I helped add a couple extra posessions of "Defense!" chants, and just cheering in general on offense. Great stuff.

ROCislandWarrior
05-16-2004, 01:14 AM

As you can read in my "Brad Who??" thread, I was there, and it was great! Packed house, really loud, and whenever it was getting quiet, normally whenever I'd cheer at that point, I'd get half the crowd to respond, and then we'd all get going again. I feel I helped add a couple extra posessions of "Defense!" chants, and just cheering in general on offense. Great stuff.

That has to feel really good, having 18,000+ folks in the palm of your hand.

Hicks
05-16-2004, 01:16 AM

I definitely had a smile on my face whenver I would cheer as it started to get quiet, and could hear thousands responding. :)

Southside_Pacer
05-16-2004, 01:17 AM

I definitely had a smile on my face whenver I would cheer as it started to get quiet, and could hear thousands responding. :)

You are one with the people. :P

Tim
05-16-2004, 01:35 AM

I sat about 30 to 40 feet from them and you are right, not much response to the dance team. You might have seen me on my feet cheering and all but most others around me were not much louder than a regualr season game unless the DJ or players encouraged noise.

waterjater
05-16-2004, 02:19 AM
Great news!! I'm glad our fans brought it tonight. I remember the great Eastern Finals games surrounding the Indy 500 and those were incredibly loud.

Smits last second Miracle.

I also flew from Calif to Indy for Game 3 of the NBA finals in 2000 and that was awesome and loud too!!

Big win!

Water

Unclebuck
05-16-2004, 02:44 PM
The crowd was great tonight, the loudest it has been since the 2000 NBA Finals.

The best was when the fans chanted FOSTER, FOSTER.....I loved that so much, it gave me chills. You know Jeff appreciated it.

There was a Heat fan two rows in front of me. in the 4th quarter with the heat trailing by 17 or 18 he was up cheering for his team like it was a tied game. I know if I see the pacers on the road and the Paces trail by 17 pts in the 4th I would be as quiet as a churchmouse.

kerosene
05-16-2004, 03:02 PM
The best was when the fans chanted FOSTER, FOSTER.....I loved that so much, it gave me chills. You know Jeff appreciated it.

"I started laughing," Jeff Foster said. "That was very special."

http://www.indystar.com/articles/0/147007-4010-179.html

JOneal7
05-16-2004, 04:01 PM
There was a Heat fan two rows in front of me. in the 4th quarter with the heat trailing by 17 or 18 he was up cheering for his team like it was a tied game. I know if I see the pacers on the road and the Paces trail by 17 pts in the 4th I would be as quiet as a churchmouse.

oh believe me i was ... ;)
in miami man, lol

pb777
05-16-2004, 04:50 PM
Conseco was on fire yesterday! It was the loudest I have heard it in years. It was also the first time the crowd really chanted defense, which made a big difference! All in all, it was a great game...
You gotta love the Heat for flying their cheerleaders up and having their own cheer section. The funny thing was that at the end of the game, when Conseco had mostly cleared out, the Miami cheer section was still there cheering. Did they not see the scoreboard??? Maybe Donnie should fly the Pacemates down to Miami for game 6.

Roaming Gnome
05-16-2004, 05:41 PM
Conseco was on fire yesterday! It was the loudest I have heard it in years. It was also the first time the crowd really chanted defense, which made a big difference! All in all, it was a great game...
You gotta love the Heat for flying their cheerleaders up and having their own cheer section. The funny thing was that at the end of the game, when Conseco had mostly cleared out, the Miami cheer section was still there cheering. Did they not see the scoreboard??? Maybe Donnie should fly the Pacemates down to Miami for game 6.

Aren't the Pacemates in a little bit of hot water for their involvement in the "Go Heat" ordeal that happened in games 3 and 4 in Miami?

beast23
05-16-2004, 08:47 PM

Aren't the Pacemates in a little bit of hot water for their involvement in the "Go Heat" ordeal that happened in games 3 and 4 in Miami?Walsh said that was "behind us" and that no action would be taken. However, there are usually 3-4 newbies every year. If next season has more than that, then that might indicate that maybe action was taken.

Cory
05-16-2004, 11:23 PM
I moved from Indy to Evansville 12 years ago, and I must admit that this was the first time I have attended a game at Conseco Fieldhouse,,,And eventhough I have been a huge Pacer Fan my whole life, I am embarassed to admit that the last time I attended a Pacer game was game 6 of the conference finals against Orlando in '95(We kicked their ***) Back then I went to a lot of playoff games and MSA was always rockin....

Conseco always seemed a lot less rowdy at least on T.V.......I longed for the days of MSA when we rocked the house.....But I didn't notice a difference between MSA of '95 and conseco of '04, I still haven't gotten my voice back... At the end of the game we were exiting conseco right behind the Miami throng and eventhough they may not have recieved flack during the game, upon their exit they experienced a HUGE chorus of boos accompanied by a few derogatory comments about their team and city.