PDA

View Full Version : So Shade...

BostonConnection
05-15-2004, 10:36 PM
Does tonight's Game 5 win make you feel any better about the Pacers?

ROCislandWarrior
05-15-2004, 10:39 PM
It might, since this was the first game all series I thought we outplayed Miami and that was Shade's main concern if I remember correctly

Southside_Pacer
05-15-2004, 10:48 PM
It might, since this was the first game all series I thought we outplayed Miami and that was Shade's main concern if I remember correctly

That we did, and it was great seeing it. Still hate giving up those little runs with under three minutes to go in the fourth with the game out of reach though.

If they continue to play offense, we should continue to play defense.

ROCislandWarrior
05-15-2004, 10:51 PM

That we did, and it was great seeing it. Still hate giving up those little runs with under three minutes to go in the fourth with the game out of reach though.

If they continue to play offense, we should continue to play defense.

Exactly, it irks me because the general public see an 11 point win instead of a huge blowout that the game really was. I know it doesn't matter, but it just upsets me

Anthem
05-15-2004, 10:53 PM
I tell ya, it made ME feel better and I already KNEW we were gonna win!

Always nice to win a game 5.

The amazing thing is that although Reggie talked about "home cookin," I don't see how the calls could be more biased towards the Heat when we go to their house. If Jermaine hasn't been called for two phantom offensive fouls in the first few minutes, we might have blown it open earlier.

kerosene
05-15-2004, 10:53 PM
Easily the best game the Pacers have played this series. Especially the 2nd half. They need to keep doing that.

BostonConnection
05-15-2004, 11:07 PM
Exactly, it irks me because the general public see an 11 point win instead of a huge blowout that the game really was. I know it doesn't matter, but it just upsets me

I was hoping for a 20 pt final win margin myself, but OTOH the last couple of minutes were played with JO resting on the bench, and the team playing mostly in "keep-away" mode on offense.

kerosene
05-15-2004, 11:15 PM
It was nice how the TNT guys were saying the Pacers could win the Finals instead of dismissing it Stephen Smith style. As documented elsewhere, I have my doubts about all of that but it was nice to hear.

ABADays
05-15-2004, 11:17 PM
Ditto on the "we finally outplayed them".

BostonConnection
05-16-2004, 12:57 AM
bump :D

ROCislandWarrior
05-16-2004, 01:08 AM
still waiting for Shade to comedown off the Ledge and join the party

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

waterjater
05-16-2004, 02:14 AM
Yep, happy to be eating crow myself. I was still feeling like we were in big trouble at half time!

BUT, low and behold we started moving the ball in the 2nd half and got a lot of open shots.

Amazing how we all believe ball movement and defense are our keys to success--- OUR PLAYERS finally remembered this!!

Didn't like how we played in the fourth with a 20 pt lead. Ball movement stopped and we didn't get a good shot off for the last 7-10 minutes.

Nonetheless, pleasantly surprised we rejoined the playoffs and REALLY GLAD TO HEAR OUR FANS WERE LOUD!!!

My last Pacer game in Indy was Game 3 of the 2000 NBA finals and that was LOUD and FUN!! I live in Calif now and attend the games the Pacers play vs. the Clippers and Lakers.

Water