PDA

View Full Version : Will Rupert be at the game Saturday?

brichard
05-14-2004, 09:38 PM
If I was a member of the Pacers Marketing team, I'd sell my left nut to get Rupert involved with the game Saturday.

Imagine the intros like this:

The arena is black. On the Monitor you read:

You've seen him in the wild.
You've seen him survive.
But you haven't seen anything until you've seen him at a Pacers game...

Out comes Rupert waving a Pacers flag doing his crazy yell while "Welcome to the Jungle" is blaring in the background.

Or maybe not... it was just an idea! :pepper:

Hoop
05-14-2004, 10:05 PM
Great ideal :dance:

Ryan
05-14-2004, 11:13 PM
Rupert is a freakin' clown. Bring out Boston Rob and Ambuh.

Hicks
05-14-2004, 11:14 PM

Do you even have a reason for hating him? A legit reason? (His appearance doesn't count)

Ryan
05-14-2004, 11:21 PM
I don't hate him. I just find him boring. Don't see the fascination. He gets voted off twice and still ends up with a million based on what?

Ragnar
05-14-2004, 11:29 PM
Who the heck is Rupert? At first I thought you meant the guy who runs Hello Delli outside the Letterman show theater but did he win a million dollars or something?

Anthem
05-14-2004, 11:37 PM
If I was a member of the Pacers Marketing team, I'd sell my left nut to get Rupert involved with the game Saturday.

Why? Do you think he'd draw a single person to a Round 2, Game 5?

TheSauceMaster
05-14-2004, 11:38 PM
Who the heck is Rupert? At first I thought you meant the guy who runs Hello Delli outside the Letterman show theater but did he win a million dollars or something?

THe Guy from Survivor that is from Indianapolis , he was also in Survivor All Stars , he won da cold million the other night

Doug
05-14-2004, 11:40 PM
I don't hate him. I just find him boring. Don't see the fascination. He gets voted off twice and still ends up with a million based on what?

But in this thread (http://www.pacersdigest.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2940) in The Pub, you wrote:

Rupert is garbage. I hated him from day 1 on Pearl.

Anthem
05-14-2004, 11:44 PM

But in this thread (http://www.pacersdigest.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2940) in The Pub, you wrote:

Rupert is garbage. I hated him from day 1 on Pearl.

:rotflmao:

Doug, you don't say much, but when you do it's a knockout.

brichard
05-14-2004, 11:50 PM

Why? Do you think he'd draw a single person to a Round 2, Game 5?

It isn't so much about him drawing people for a single game, it is about marketing. The NBA is far more than basketball it is also about entertainment. It is also about giving the crowd and in turn your team a boost.

I thought it was so cool, many moons ago, when Golden State had RUN TMC. Now, I don't care for rap music, but it was pretty awesome when they opened the game with RUN DMC. I've never understood why more teams don't take advantage of their famous sons.

David Lee Roth is a weird dude, but he is an Indiana native and was a member of one of the greatest rock bands of all time. How cool would it be to have him come out and sing "Unchained" at a game? I don't know, I'm sure expense has something to do with it, but it would be cool. You have Mellencamp out there, but please... NO MICHAEL JACKSON!!! :pepper:

Tim
05-15-2004, 02:59 AM

Rupert Rocks!!!
I spent a little extra on my ticket to game 5 just hoping Rupert comes out to get the crowd going!

Tim
05-15-2004, 03:00 AM

Look at my avatar

sixthman
05-15-2004, 06:19 AM
I haven't seen Survivor since it's first year, but have read about Rupert.

As someone who will be in the crowd, I think Brichard's idea would be a lot of fun.

I go to see the game and get a little tired of the same old, same old extras anyway.

Ragnar
05-15-2004, 09:12 AM

THe Guy from Survivor that is from Indianapolis , he was also in Survivor All Stars , he won da cold million the other night

I would rather pluck my eyes out than watch a reality show. I would imagine that there are enough people like me that he would not be that much of a draw. Or am I in that big of a minority on that.

indygeezer
05-15-2004, 09:33 AM

I would rather pluck my eyes out than watch a reality show. I would imagine that there are enough people like me that he would not be that much of a draw. Or am I in that big of a minority on that.

I'm with you on the shows Ragnar, but as a gimmick to get the crowd fired up???? Genious!!!

Tim
05-16-2004, 01:28 AM
Well I didn't see Rupert at the game, but I did see the Heat Dance Team, much more pleasing to look at but annoying support of the other team.

ROCislandWarrior
05-16-2004, 01:39 AM
Rupert could pass for Santa Clause on vacation

my worthless :twocents:

ABADays
05-16-2004, 08:17 AM
I would rather pluck my eyes out than watch a reality show.

Damn, I wish I could still read posts :cool: