PDA

View Full Version : The Bells are tolling

indygeezer
05-14-2004, 04:41 PM
and alarms are sounding loudly.

Mrs. Geezer is getting a bit miffed at the frequency of spousal disappearnces to view favored sporting events on television. Seems she is a tad bit perturbed by lack of husbandly attention.

Neither is she impressed by my "feeble attempts" at being charming following the conclusion of said sporting events. It is so saddening to be so misunderstood. :neutral:

Shade
05-14-2004, 04:49 PM

Mrs. Geezer is getting a bit miffed at the frequency of spousal disappearnces to view favored sporting events on television. Seems she is a tad bit perturbed by lack of husbandly attention.

Neither is she impressed by my "feeble attempts" at being charming following the conclusion of said sporting events. It is so saddening to be so misunderstood. :neutral:

Isn't it funny how this never happens during the regular season, only the playoffs? :laugh:

ChicagoJ
05-14-2004, 04:54 PM
If Tina errrrr Jay's_Wife@Section222 wasn't such a huge Pacers fan, we would've ended up in Divorce Court a decade ago.

So I don't know how to help you. :shrug:

ROCislandWarrior
05-14-2004, 04:59 PM
If Tina errrrr Jay's_Wife@Section222 wasn't such a huge Pacers fan, we would've ended up in Divorce Court a decade ago.

So I don't know how to help you. :shrug:

lol...advice for the young ones, marry a nice young lady who is just as big of a Pacer fan as you are

Southside_Pacer
05-14-2004, 05:01 PM
I'm single at the moment so nobody can say I'm watching too much sports. ;)

It's the worst for me in the late fall/early winter with IU basketball, Pacers basketball, and Colts football in high gear.

Slick Pinkham
05-14-2004, 05:02 PM
If you have a second TV with a VCR or DVD, rent her a sappy chick-flick (something with Emma Thompson, or Meryl Streep, or with lots of chick and subtitles) she can watch while you watch the freakin' game on the other TV.

Make sure it's over 2 hours long (these playoff games always go 2:30-2:45)

And be extra magnanimous and let her watch on the big TV.

Then pop her some popcorn at halftime.

Some boo-tay will be coming your way, geez!

indygeezer
05-14-2004, 05:22 PM
If you have a second TV with a VCR or DVD, rent her a sappy chick-flick (something with Emma Thompson, or Meryl Streep, or with lots of chick and subtitles) she can watch while you watch the freakin' game on the other TV.

Make sure it's over 2 hours long (these playoff games always go 2:30-2:45)

And be extra magnanimous and let her watch on the big TV.

Then pop her some popcorn at halftime.

Some boo-tay will be coming your way, geez!

Boo-tay???? It's in September why do you ask?

BIG TV???? You are trying to get me killed aren't you? We've been having recent "discussions" on buying a new tv and how big it should be. :giveup:

However the pop corn idea MIGHT just work!! :idea:

Gotta be carefulwith the movie tho...she likes company :hug: during chick-flicks.

Unclebuck
05-14-2004, 05:27 PM
I have never been married Insert joke here....but I make it clear with my girlfriend upfront that I will be watching the Pacers games. Preferably alone. I don't watch IU games, or college games or NFL, so there is no problem there. I watch some of the Colts games, but usually only parts of some of the games. Works pretty well for me.

Alabama-Redneck
05-14-2004, 05:47 PM

Gee wizz Geezer, I am surprised that you don't know the answer to this problem. Buy her a new rod and reel. What more could she want.

:dance: :pepper: :D :cool: :laugh:

indygeezer
05-14-2004, 05:55 PM

Gee wizz Geezer, I am surprised that you don't know the answer to this problem. Buy her a new rod and reel. What more could she want.

Would ya mind if I sent her down to ya and let you "guide" for her while I watch the games? Send her back about July 1.

:dance: :pepper: :D :cool: :laugh:

ABADays
05-14-2004, 08:04 PM
I put mine on the waiver wire and she was claimed :D

Suaveness
05-14-2004, 11:51 PM
OK....guys I need your help. One of my real good friends is a Pacers fan....BUT SHE HATES REGGIE?!?! I need help to convince her that he isn't a dirty player...APPARENTLEY she thinks he is... :confused:

Anthem
05-14-2004, 11:56 PM
Neither is she impressed by my "feeble attempts" at being charming following the conclusion of said sporting events.

Feeble? I tend to notice that I have quite a bit more.... zest after an amazing game.

Anthem
05-14-2004, 11:57 PM
OK....guys I need your help. One of my real good friends is a Pacers fan....BUT SHE HATES REGGIE?!?! I need help to convince her that he isn't a dirty player...APPARENTLEY she thinks he is... :confused:

Don't worry about it. Reggie will retire after we win the championship this year, and then you won't have to discuss it ever again.

Now if she doesn't like Ron or JO, drop her.

Suaveness
05-15-2004, 12:00 AM

Don't worry about it. Reggie will retire after we win the championship this year, and then you won't have to discuss it ever again.

Now if she doesn't like Ron or JO, drop her.

I can't do that...in the years that I can't stop talking about how great Reg was this year and him finally getting a ring, she'll still think he's not that great...

Anthem
05-15-2004, 12:04 AM
I can't do that...in the years that I can't stop talking about how great Reg was this year and him finally getting a ring, she'll still think he's not that great...

You're missing the point, friend.

In the years to come, you won't have TIME to talk about how great Reggie was, because you'll be talking about JO, Ron, and Tracy McGrady!

:dance: :pepper:

Suaveness
05-15-2004, 12:06 AM

You're missing the point, friend.

In the years to come, you won't have TIME to talk about how great Reggie was, because you'll be talking about JO, Ron, and Tracy McGrady!

:dance: :pepper:

I like that :devil:

But what do I say NOW??? :(

Anthem
05-15-2004, 12:08 AM

"It's okay honey, I love you anyway. Even though you're crazier than a ****house rat."

On second thought, you might leave off that last part. :idea:

Suaveness
05-15-2004, 12:10 AM

"It's okay honey, I love you anyway. Even though you're crazier than a ****house rat."

On second thought, you might leave off that last part. :idea:

:laugh:

able
05-15-2004, 07:44 AM
:rotfl:

This thread is turning in to a "Dear Abby" thread :)

1. my GF is trained, it is late, she goes to bed 1 hour before game time, I'll join her whenever.

Now I understand that time zones are in my favour for once, but Geezer, to start with your problem, Abby says that you should "score" when the game is not on. In other words, game tonight, take her out tomorrow for a movie or a dinner, do some shopping with her today (leave plastic at home) and pay attention, cook diner for her, then take "time-off" to watch the game, oh and let her decide on the size of the TV, if it is not at your liking (i.e. to small) make yourself a hobbyroom in the attick, get a second hand supersized tv. install it there and you have your own inner sanctum.

So: pay generous amounts of "loving" attention on off game days, during the non working day and cook her some food now and then (a short cookery channel visit after the game will show you how to make something not using tins or microwaves) please remember, when you give she can not do anything but give back.

As for the Reggie Hater, let's be fare and square here: that is never gonna work, how do you expect to share the rest of your life with someone who hates one of the games' greats, a future hall of famer, what's she gonna say if you get invited when Reggie gets entered into the Hall of Fame? Nay my young friend, do not take the risk, find some more compatable partner to share the time between work and basketball with. there are a lot of years to come in this life

abby

indygeezer
05-15-2004, 07:56 AM
Tried a new tact last night. I stayed out in living area and put the Piston game on the family set instead of hiding in a corner with a blanket over the 9" B&W. The family sat down and watched with me! We had a GREAT TIME!! Until it was time for THEIR SHOW to come on and then once again I was banished to the blanket. I did offer them the popcorn late in the evening. They rejected but were touched by the thought (I can be such a metrasexual if I wanna). All and all it went pretty smooth until I interrupted them to tell em the P's were going to triple OT! They were politely interested but asked me to be quieter under my blanket. AH well, it was better than usual anyway , no recriminations for once again watching yet another game. And I've talked for days about getting us tix for tonights game so they are forewarned that one is coming tonight. ( I didn't think I can find 3 seats together for tonights game tho unless I wanted to sit "way up thar".)

kerosene
05-15-2004, 08:06 AM
Just to chime in my 00.2 I got the "Let's do something this weekend" suggestion on Thursday and gave the reply "I'm watching basketball on Saturday". Sunday, though, I'm out (no Sharks).

Alabama-Redneck
05-15-2004, 09:32 AM
Hey Geeze, If you have a 9" B&W I can not understand why you have trouble getting anything you want. By the way, what does B&W stand for??

:o :confused: :blush: :D :dance: :pepper: :dance: :pepper:

indygeezer
05-15-2004, 09:35 AM
Hey Geeze, If you have a 9" B&W I can not understand why you have trouble getting anything you want. By the way, what does B&W stand for??

:o :confused: :blush: :D :dance: :pepper: :dance: :pepper: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: