PDA

View Full Version : On a scale of 1 - 10 how nervous are you that the Pacers will lose the series to

Unclebuck
05-14-2004, 03:22 PM
Everyone has had a chance to recover from the loss Wednesday night, some of us took it rather hard, but now it is almost 48 hours after the game, you have cooled down from the hysteria. Actually I enjoyed the forum after the loss, we have had very few moments like that this year, chance for everyone to get riled up.

So my question is how worried, scared, nervous, are you about the Pacers losing this series to the Heat.

Scale of 1 - 10. 10 being scared to death, ready to jump out the first story window. 1 being, what me worried, I am worried about how we can score on the Wallace's.

I would say I am aabout a 3. Not that worried about losing this series. In fact I think the Pacers very well might win this in 6. Why am I confident. Two reasons. 1) The Pacers are the better team and the better team wins 98% of playoff series. 2) I have the utmost confidence in the Pacers coaching staff to do what needs to be done to win this series, although SVG is excellent

Edit: one other thing. Certainly if the Pacers lose game #5, my confidence will faulter, and I would shoot up to a 7 on my scale. But I still think the pacers would not be out of it. Remember 1994. Veteran Knick team having to win two straight to beat the Pacers after Reggie's 25 point 4th quarter.

BillS
05-14-2004, 03:24 PM
Being rather a pessimist in general, I'm at a 6. I'm mostly worried that SVG has figured out how to use his advantages to negate our advantages, and that - for all I love Rick - we aren't flexible enough to do the same.

Slick Pinkham
05-14-2004, 03:25 PM

Hicks
05-14-2004, 03:26 PM
4. Doubt's starting to creep in, but we really should hold serve at home and win in 7 if nothing else.

rabid
05-14-2004, 03:30 PM
4-4.5.

Game 5 is absolutely crucial. It will most likely make-or-break this series. Whoever wins goes up 3-2, and with the way Miami is playing at home, we do NOT want to put ourselves into an elimination-game situation on their home floor.

But I'm still confident that we should win game 5.

sweabs
05-14-2004, 03:52 PM
I'm at a 5.

Whoever wins game 5 will win this series in my opinion.
Miami is obviously going into game 5 with a lot of confidence, but have yet to ever beat a team over .500 on the road - but there is always a first time? That's what I'm afraid of...but I expect our crowd to be just as riled up as the Heat's to lead our team to victory.

Shade
05-14-2004, 04:00 PM

Shade
05-14-2004, 04:02 PM
The Pacers are the better team and the better team wins 98% of playoff series.

Tell that to the Spurs.

ChicagoJ
05-14-2004, 04:03 PM
If I'm reguaraly at about a six or seven during the playoffs.

Then I'm at my regular level of concern. Six or seven. Until they beat us in Indianapolis, I'm not going to raise that level.

Shade
05-14-2004, 04:06 PM

Ragnar
05-14-2004, 04:30 PM

They have yet to learn how to win on the road. I will be worried about them next year but I am confident we will still win this one. I even think it will be good for us. Yes I wish Siggy were active because I would love nothing more than for us to win with Tinsley and Siggy but I still think we will win.

I am a lot more worried about the Pistons. I just dont see how we can afford to play you know who for 17 minutes a game against them. I thought that by now he would be getting about 8 minutes a game and I would have nothing to complain about but so fat that has not happened.

indytoad
05-14-2004, 04:45 PM

I figured there was more than a good chance the Pacers would lose this series as soon as Miami grabbed the 4 spot.

IndyToad
Rain rain, go away

ROCislandWarrior
05-14-2004, 04:52 PM
The Pacers are the better team and the better team wins 98% of playoff series.

Tell that to the Spurs.

What about last year? Were the Celtics better than us?

anywho, I am at a 2 right now.

I am really not concerned about losing 2 on the road, I am however, a little concerned about how we lost the second one.

Liquid Slap
05-14-2004, 05:02 PM
I am at about a 4-5 range. Homecourt advantage helps alot.

Alabama-Redneck
05-14-2004, 05:06 PM
If they lose games 5 & 6, I will be at 10+ but right now I am at 0+.

This team has exceeded my expectations in the regular season and I was hoping for at least the 2nd round with ECF being the goal for this year.

My expectations for this team was for next year to advance to the League Finals.

I still feel that is a good timeline. I hope they do it sooner but next year is my prediction.

:cool:

MSA2CF
05-14-2004, 05:11 PM

I am a Pacers fan and I have the utmost of faith that the team will win this series versus the Miami Heat.

Unclebuck
05-14-2004, 05:18 PM
I believe the Celtics were better than the Pacers in last years playoffs. Pacers were a wreck.

Shade, the Lakers when they have the big 4 healthy IMO are as good as the Spurs. Look at the lakers record when all four play in a game. I don't remember the exact figures but they were something like 29-6.

Roaming Gnome
05-14-2004, 05:52 PM

obnoxiousmodesty
05-14-2004, 06:58 PM

Work must be done, but I believe it shall be done. I'm still confident the Pacers will win this series.

TheSauceMaster
05-14-2004, 07:19 PM

I got Faith in the Pacers

waterjater
05-14-2004, 07:41 PM
7-8 because of our teams attitude and the way they lost game 4. Plus, we have always had trouble with teams that have quick guards.

Water

ABADays
05-14-2004, 08:00 PM
I'm at 3

Anthem
05-14-2004, 09:14 PM
I'm at a 4. Like Hicks said, the absolute worst case is that we win in 7. I can't see Miami winning Game 5, as that would be three straight losses (something this team doesn't do). Also, Miami doesn't play well on the road.

I've got to hand it to them though, I didn't think they were this good a team. They've opened my eyes. But I still say the Pacers will win.

Suaveness
05-14-2004, 11:53 PM

Pacers will win. I guarentee it.

Millerartest
05-14-2004, 11:59 PM
I'm at a 5. I could see it going either way. The aura of invincibility was lost in game 3. Game 4 was dissapointing but allowed reality to set in. At this point I realize that either team could win. And at this point I realize just how far away this Pacer team actually is. Not reationary. Just reality.

(Though I can see us having the advantages in triple overtimes because we have such a deep team.)

Anthem
05-15-2004, 12:00 AM
I'm at a 4. Like Hicks said, the absolute worst case is that we win in 7. I can't see Miami winning Game 5, as that would be three straight losses (something this team doesn't do). Also, Miami doesn't play well on the road.

I've got to hand it to them though, I didn't think they were this good a team. They've opened my eyes. But I still say the Pacers will win.

With another day of perspective, and with a vivid short-term memory of the kind of whistles the NBA give home teams in the playoffs, I'm downgrading to 2.

wintermute
05-15-2004, 12:05 AM
1. i really can't imagine how pacers can lose this, unless they implode.

while i can say that heat have shown absolutely zilch on the road, hence my faith, i prefer to think that the pacers have shown composure throughout the season whenever a losing streak (such as they were :unimpressed: ) threatened, and would do so again.

i find both these events highly improbable - that the pacers implode and that the heat suddenly become a good road team. and it would take a good measure of both for us to lose.

PaceBalls
05-15-2004, 12:11 AM
I think pacers will win, so 0. Bench is just too deep, Ron Artest is too dominate, and the Heat just can't shoot that well 3 games in a row.

clownskull
05-15-2004, 03:25 AM
no more than 4. we took care of business at home and so did they. we whupped them here and they had to fight like hell and make many circus shots to win each time. conseco damn welll better be loud though.

Will Galen
05-15-2004, 04:14 AM
I'm at 1, Pacers in 6.

indygeezer
05-15-2004, 08:06 AM
5+

I fret over every gamebut, right now I'm concerned that VG might be able to convince his boyz to relax and go play the game...and in doing so steal this sucker.

able
05-15-2004, 08:17 AM
hmmmm I woljd say I am at -4

I have all the confidence in this team, but am excited at the game tonight.

I am more worried about the coaching staff then anything else, well I should say Rick, maybe he will on more time give the players some leeway, if so I'm kewl, if not, then I will go to defcon 2

Grant
05-15-2004, 11:53 AM

Kegboy
05-15-2004, 04:40 PM
Four.

(As in the following snippet:

How many beers you had?

Fffffooouuur.

Oh, you're so dead. Look at the blood stains.

Quick name that movie!)

I digress. My brain tells me I should be less. But I got a bad feeling lurking below. A feeling that says, "We may very well win this series, but this season will have an inglorious end to it." :( :shrug:

Mourning
05-16-2004, 05:24 PM
2. I'm confident we'll finish the Heat, game 6 or 7, we'll win.

Regards,

Mourning :cool: