PDA

View Full Version : What did Carlisle say on his radio show tonight

Unclebuck
05-13-2004, 11:29 PM
I listened to the whole thing. He was pretty closed lipped.

Someone asked if Kenny might get AJ's backup minutes, Rick went off, I have never heard him so angry, he went off on some tirade accusing the nice caller that he is spending too much time in internet chat rooms

:laugh: :laugh: :devil:

You know I am only kidding, Rick did not do that at all. But he did say that Kenny is ready, and they would not be afraid to go to him but rght now AJ is the backup.

Rick said the crowd in Miami was the loudest crowd he has ever heard, and Rick probably said 5 times that they really need the Pacers crowd to be extremely loud Saturday night. He kept repeating himself

Someone called in and said all the fans should bring a megaphone to the game to make it really loud.

I can't think of much else that Rick said

sweabs
05-13-2004, 11:32 PM
Our crowd really does have to support our team to show them we haven't lost hope - it will completely take the Heat outta the game. I also think that our bench plays a lot better at home.

And the comment about Kenny is reassuring...I really hope... :(

TheSauceMaster
05-13-2004, 11:32 PM
I didn't like what he said though ..He Said AJ has been Solid in this Series :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Unclebuck
05-13-2004, 11:46 PM
I certainly don't want to take this on a tangent, but I think AJ has been really solid in this sries. I thought he was very good in game #2.

I just don't see what many of you see. :confused:

Suaveness
05-14-2004, 01:40 AM
AJ HAS been solid. Really, you guys get on him too much.

I called in and asked about Reggie and why he keeps passing the ball. I don't think he fully answered it, but he said that it revolves around defense creating opportunities.

Hicks
05-14-2004, 04:31 AM
Individually he has been solid. But when he's in for Tinsley, our team's offense blows. And it kills us sometimes.

Peck
05-14-2004, 05:38 AM
I certainly don't want to take this on a tangent, but I think AJ has been really solid in this sries. I thought he was very good in game #2.

I just don't see what many of you see. :confused:

You know I've been an A.J. supporter. But as the season has gone on I have become very weary of his weaknesses.

The problem is, you & I will never agree on this because we do not agree on what a p.g. is supposed to do. You want them to defend & hit outside shots. While I want them to run the offense & of course defend.

A.J. is a solid defender. Not great but solid. But his ability to move the offense is non-existant, IMO.

He has no court vision to speak of & I truthfully suspect his ball handling ability's.

Did you not notice that the idea of traping the Pacers with a full court press ended when Jamaal returned? Nobody tries to trap him in the backcourt & if you notice A.J. seems to draw a double. Coincidence? I don't think so.

He's just not a very good distributer of the ball.

But I like A.J. because he is a leader on the team & he is a fighter. But the truth is, the offense grinds to an absolute halt when he is on the floor for any extended time.

Unclebuck
05-14-2004, 08:59 AM
Peck, I agree with your post, and yes AJ has several weaknesses, he is a backup point guard afterall.

But the nonstop complaining and harping about AJ has gotten so tiresome, and yet after he played very well in game two of this series no one said anything, (well I did).

One other thing if you took a poll on December 28th earlier this season and asked (that was when Tinsley started to play) who should be the backup Kenny or AJ. Over 95% of the people on here would have wanted AJ as the backup.

I really believe that AJ and Kenny are similar at this stage in their careers, but I thinbk AJ is a better backup, he fits better with the second unit.

ChicagoJ
05-14-2004, 10:56 AM
I'll keep saying it.

The debate isn't (shouldn't be) Kenny vs. AJ. I agree we're talking about the backup PG. If people are arguing over KA and AJ they are missing the point comptetely. And Kenny is worse defensively than AJ is offensively. Fine. That, of course, is not a ringing endorsement for either player.

The issue is the backup PG's minutes vs. Tinsley's minutes. AJ is getting way too many minutes - especially on the road where he struggles even more. When AJ is down to 4-8 mpg on the road and 6-10 mpg at home, then I promise I'll shut up about the issue.

BillS
05-14-2004, 02:46 PM
Did anyone hear a trumpet sound? I agree with Peck again.

I don't know about anyone else, but <i>I'm</i> getting pretty scared ...