PDA

View Full Version : I want to give up

Shade
05-13-2004, 11:19 PM
I haven't (yet), but I just feel completely drained by all of this. I feel like I'm wasting my time waiting for something that's never going to happen -- something I have no control over. It just gets boring watching the same old crap year after year after friggin' year.

If we flame out this year, what do we have to look forward to next year? If we don't get more than 61 wins, the regular season will be a disappointment. If we do, we have the whole "never done anything in the playoffs" thing we have to contend with again. And that will continue until we win a championship, which is something that looks less and less likely.

Call me a fair-weather fan if you like, but I'm sick of seeing certain teams do everything by the book and pay and pay and pay their dues with nary a Finals appearance, while others stockpile HOFers and notoriously dirty/egotisitical players, get the benefit of the calls, have all the luck on their side and reel off 20 championships.

The final result is never truly in doubt, though we like to delude ourselves into believing it is.

"Parity" and "law of averages" my ***. :unimpressed:

Southside_Pacer
05-13-2004, 11:22 PM
WHATEVER you do, do not go out drinking with Indytoad. :P

BostonConnection
05-13-2004, 11:24 PM
Again....Red Sox (perennial losers), Yankees (all the championships money can buy) - need I say more? :neutral:

Shade
05-13-2004, 11:24 PM
WHATEVER you do, do not go out drinking with Indytoad. :P

:rotflmao:

No matter what happens, I love you guys. :buddies:

Shade
05-13-2004, 11:25 PM
Again....Red Sox (perennial losers), Yankees (all the championships money can buy) - need I say more? :neutral:

Yeah, but the Red Sox are in Boston, so they deserve it. :devil:

Southside_Pacer
05-13-2004, 11:25 PM
Damn New England Patriots. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :P

BostonConnection
05-13-2004, 11:27 PM

Yeah, but the Red Sox are in Boston, so they deserve it. :devil:

See - at least I got a smile out of you! :D
(even if only at another team's expense)

indytoad
05-13-2004, 11:39 PM
Come Shade, forfeit your soul and join the dark side of the board.

:duel:

IndyToad
More bodies to hide

Unclebuck
05-13-2004, 11:43 PM
Shade the fun of it all is the journey. Just think how much better a win will feel Saturday night now that the series is tied 2-2 and then think of how great it is going to be to shut up all those fans in Miami in game 6.

Shade I never allow my desire for the Pacers to win to destroy how much I love watching the Pacers play. Last night was completely invigorating to me.

I love the ups and downs of a tight playoff series.

ChicagoJ
05-13-2004, 11:53 PM
Shade, I always say I'd rather watch the Pacers lose than read about the Pacers winning.

Shade
05-13-2004, 11:55 PM
I don't think anyone realizes how competitive I am. :devil:

diego
05-14-2004, 12:03 AM
I don't think anyone realizes how competitive I am. :devil:

Come on Shade a TRUE competitor never quits or gives up. :dance: :dance: :dance:

Stryder
05-14-2004, 12:16 AM
I haven't (yet), but I just feel completely drained by all of this. I feel like I'm wasting my time waiting for something that's never going to happen -- something I have no control over. It just gets boring watching the same old crap year after year after friggin' year.

If we flame out this year, what do we have to look forward to next year? If we don't get more than 61 wins, the regular season will be a disappointment. If we do, we have the whole "never done anything in the playoffs" thing we have to contend with again. And that will continue until we win a championship, which is something that looks less and less likely.

Call me a fair-weather fan if you like, but I'm sick of seeing certain teams do everything by the book and pay and pay and pay their dues with nary a Finals appearance, while others stockpile HOFers and notoriously dirty/egotisitical players, get the benefit of the calls, have all the luck on their side and reel off 20 championships.

The final result is never truly in doubt, though we like to delude ourselves into believing it is.

"Parity" and "law of averages" my ***. :unimpressed:

Sounds alot like:

I'm taking my ball and going home! :unimpressed:

Unclebuck
05-14-2004, 12:16 AM
Shade, I always say I'd rather watch the Pacers lose than read about the Pacers winning.

Well said.