PDA

View Full Version : You know what's funny/scary?

Shade
05-13-2004, 11:08 PM
I'm more pissed about the Lakers winning tonight than the Pacers losing yesterday. Not by a bunch, but just a little. I guess I could take solace in knowing that if the Pacers lost, at least the Lakers would follow suit. Now I've got nothin'. :(

Southside_Pacer
05-13-2004, 11:09 PM
Celebrate the Cubs offense actually generating some runs. :P

Shade
05-13-2004, 11:11 PM
Celebrate the Cubs offense actually generating some runs. :P

I stopped being a Cubs fan the same day I stopped being a baseball fan. And I can't stand Sosa.

Like I said, I got nothin'. :cry:

ROCislandWarrior
05-13-2004, 11:15 PM
I'm more pissed about the Lakers winning tonight than the Pacers losing yesterday. Not by a bunch, but just a little. I guess I could take solace in knowing that if the Pacers lost, at least the Lakers would follow suit. Now I've got nothin'. :(

Shade man, I have always respected your posts, but they are starting to become themed with depression, not caring and feelings of hopelessness.

I hope your alright, don't let this years playoffs ruin your life. Just remember, it's only a game: Think about all the memories you have had over the years about this team and why you love them so much.

Think about how much of your time and money you have spent worshiping this team. Think about all the time you have spent on this message board because of your love for the Pacers.

Don't throw that all away for nothing, the sun will rise again, have a little faith. There are still many memories waiting to be hatched.

Southside_Pacer
05-13-2004, 11:20 PM
I'm a Cubs fan, graduated from Southport High School, and the professional sports teams in Indianapolis haven't won anything yet.

We should all be used to losing.

Always remember, Go IU? :whoknows: ;) :confused: :cry:

BostonConnection
05-13-2004, 11:20 PM
It could be worse, Shade.....

...just imagine if you were a Red Sox fan! Now that's an exercise in masochistic frustration that goes back almost a hundred years! ;) :laugh:

Unclebuck
05-13-2004, 11:24 PM
Shade you need to get your priorities back in order.

If the pacers losing last night registers an 8 on my scale of 1-10. The Lakers winning tonight registers maybe a 2 with me. Not that big a deal to me. Although I wanted the Spurs to win. But I would not be suprised one bit if the Spurs win the next two games

Shade
05-13-2004, 11:28 PM
Shade you need to get your priorities back in order.

If the pacers losing last night registers an 8 on my scale of 1-10. The Lakers winning tonight registers maybe a 2 with me. Not that big a deal to me. Although I wanted the Spurs to win. But I would not be suprised one bit if the Spurs win the next two games

I hate the Lakers so much I couldn't stand losing to them again, just to watch their smug, cocky reaction after getting all the calls and luck AGAIN. I could live with losing to the Spurs (though I wouldn't like it).

zxc
05-13-2004, 11:33 PM
I dunno, I'm a pretty negative guy myself and I see no reason to be giving up now. Pacers win the next one sure everything will seem right in the world again. Guess I never expected us to be competing for a championship this year anyway though so even if they lose won't be the end of the world.

Anyway, after that whole Popovich thing when Artest got DPOY and seeing their fans reaction to it i'm not really minding seeing the Spurs going down here even if it is LA beating them.

kerosene
05-14-2004, 03:29 AM
Sharks? :D

Slick Pinkham
05-14-2004, 09:24 AM
It could be worse, Shade.....

...just imagine if you were a Red Sox fan! Now that's an exercise in masochistic frustration that goes back almost a hundred years! ;) :laugh:

In one day the Red Sox lose, the Yankees win, the Lakers win, and I'm bummed out before the day even begins because of the Pacers loss.

TGIF!

P.S. I'm hoping for my own personal grand slam- championships by the Pacers, Red Sox, and Patriots. One down and 2 to go!