PDA

View Full Version : Who will have the pleasure of getting pummeled by the Lakers in the Finals?

Shade
05-13-2004, 09:59 PM
Vote. :unimpressed:

MSA2CF
05-13-2004, 10:18 PM
Shade, I have a question.

If the Pacers go on to win the next two playoff games in blowouts, will you still be pessimistic of the outcome of the 2004 NBA Finals?

Shade
05-13-2004, 10:20 PM
Shade, I have a question.

If the Pacers go on to win the next two playoff games in blowouts, will you still be pessimistic of the outcome of the 2004 NBA Finals?

Yes, if the Lakers are there.

MSA2CF
05-13-2004, 10:22 PM

Why do you think the Lakers will win the championship?

Shade
05-13-2004, 10:26 PM

Because the only team that can beat them is the Spurs, and SA has NO CHANCE if they lose tonight. Backdoor sweep.

MSA2CF
05-13-2004, 10:28 PM

Because the only team that can beat them is the Spurs, and SA has NO CHANCE if they lose tonight. Backdoor sweep.

Let me rephrase the question.

What do the Lakers have that makes them (conditionally) "unbeatable"? Why are the Spurs the only team you believe can beat them? What do other teams lack that prevents them from beating the Lakers?

Sorry for all the questions, Shade.

Shade
05-13-2004, 10:31 PM

Let me rephrase the question.

What do the Lakers have that makes them (conditionally) "unbeatable"? Why are the Spurs the only team you believe can beat them? What do other teams lack that prevents them from beating the Lakers?

Sorry for all the questions, Shade.

The Lakers create matchup nightmares for all the remaining teams. San Antonio possesses a combination of speed, good halfcourt defense, and the mentality that they have beaten the Lakers before. Add into that that the NBA does not respect the East and will not give any East team the benefit of the calls agianst the big-market Lakers, and it adds up to a Lakers championship.

MSA2CF
05-13-2004, 10:49 PM
The Lakers create matchup nightmares for all the remaining teams. San Antonio possesses a combination of speed, good halfcourt defense, and the mentality that they have beaten the Lakers before. Add into that that the NBA does not respect the East and will not give any East team the benefit of the calls agianst the big-market Lakers, and it adds up to a Lakers championship.

Shade, last question.

If you are confident that the Lakers will win and that the East will not win the Finals, why are you still following the Pacers, and the NBA at all for that matter?

Shade
05-13-2004, 10:54 PM

Shade, last question.

If you are confident that the Lakers will win and that the East will not win the Finals, why are you still following the Pacers, and the NBA at all for that matter?

Oh, yeah. I forgot the luck factor, as displayed for the 4944984946449489489496316464th time tonight. :unimpressed:

To tell you the truth, I don't know. I want to think that there's really something to paying your dues and earning the title, but then I see things like tonight and just come back to the realization that luck trumps all. And for some reason, the Lakers have it. Which is not even close to fair, but that's the way it is. :shrug:

I guess I just always hold a glimmer of hope that a miracle could happen, but I'm quickly losing patience in waiting for it.

MSA2CF
05-13-2004, 10:56 PM
Shade, last question.

If you are confident that the Lakers will win and that the East will not win the Finals, why are you still following the Pacers, and the NBA at all for that matter? :rolleyes:

Give it a rest already 'HOLIER THAN THOU' Pacer dude.

Sorry, LedZepplinColt. I am interested in what Shade has to say about this question. I, for one, do not believe the Lakers will win the championship this year and am honestly interested as to why Shade believes the Lakers will. If I come off like a jerk, I'm sorry. I'm inquisitive and that's how I've always been.

Shade
05-13-2004, 11:02 PM
Shade, last question.

If you are confident that the Lakers will win and that the East will not win the Finals, why are you still following the Pacers, and the NBA at all for that matter? :rolleyes:

Give it a rest already 'HOLIER THAN THOU' Pacer dude.

Sorry, LedZepplinColt. I am interested in what Shade has to say about this question. I, for one, do not believe the Lakers will win the championship this year and am honestly interested as to why Shade believes the Lakers will. If I come off like a jerk, I'm sorry. I'm inquisitive and that's how I've always been.

Fisher displayed your answer tonight. If the Lakers don't play well or get the calls, you still have the luck factor to contend with. Just too many variables, and they ALL favor LA.

Anthem
05-14-2004, 01:23 AM
I'll give you my answer, Shade.

Just as soon as you stop beating your wife.

Shade
05-14-2004, 10:08 AM

:laugh:

No wife, but there are lots of cats around the house... :devil:

Anthem
05-14-2004, 10:53 AM

No wife, but there are lots of cats around the house... :devil:

Well then I'm not going to answer either. :devil:

Actually, the answer to an unanswerable question is "Mu." But that's besides the point.

MSA2CF
05-14-2004, 05:32 PM
Please accept my apology.:blush:

Nah...None needed...No problem.

And hey Shade, thanks for answering.

I still believe, even with the calls and the advantages the Lakers have, that the Pacers will win the 2004 NBA Finals. I think the Lakers would come out and underrestimate us. I know that seems like it'd be hard to do, seeing as how all the NBA players know we had the best regular season record, but I think that the Lakers would be so high that they made the Finals, again, that they would come out and be up-ended by us. With the homecourt advantage, I see us winning both here, then winning 1 of two in Los Angeles, and closing out the series at home. (I don't like telling my Pacers predictions in public, but what the heck.)