PDA

View Full Version : We both took our lumps

ROCislandWarrior
05-13-2004, 02:21 PM
I guess both Piston and Pacer fans were talking too soon about the ECF, but I will say that Indiana hasn't looked AS bad as the Pistons in their last 2 games, but Home Court Advantage means everything.

Now you Pacer fans are going to ask yourself if Carlisle will make adjustments, he didn't want to while he was in Detroit.

I think that is the biggest question, will the rumors hold true or will they be squashed?

One thing is certain though, Rick HAS to make adjustments if we want to win this series.

dipperdunk
05-13-2004, 02:32 PM
I guess both Piston and Pacer fans were talking too soon about the ECF, but I will say that Indiana hasn't looked AS bad as the Pistons in their last 2 games, but Home Court Advantage means everything.

Now you Pacer fans are going to ask yourself if Carlisle will make adjustments, he didn't want to while he was in Detroit.

Hmm, in the Orlando series last year you guys were down 3-1 and came back. Then in the Philly series you were hammered both games 3 and 4 in Philly and came back to win the next two games. So he had to be making some kind of adjustments in those two series.

Slick Pinkham
05-13-2004, 02:33 PM
Maybe last year he didn't have a roster versatile enough to make significant adjustments, other than inserting Tayshaun Prince.

As assistant coach in charge of running the offense for Bird in 2000, he made a lot of playoff adjustments.

TheSauceMaster
05-13-2004, 02:35 PM
I have been praying since game 2 for adjustments and haven't seen any , so what makes me think game 5 will be diffrent? I am more than alittle upset about the lack of adjustments made by rick ...but I won't go there right now.

Shade
05-13-2004, 02:41 PM
I have been praying since game 2 for adjustments and haven't seen any , so what makes me think game 5 will be diffrent? I am more than alittle upset about the lack of adjustments made by rick ...but I won't go there right now.

What adjustments would you suggest he make? Right now, the one glaring adjustment I would make is too keep AJ off the floor as much as possible. We have nobody that can stop Wade, but I still think we should try Bender on Odom.

MagicRat
05-13-2004, 02:52 PM

I mentioned in another thread that Slick was frustrated by the lack of "obvious" adjustments that should be made. He really didn't elaborate, but Boyle got him started by saying they had talked during the break about moving Artest to the backcourt. A couple of side remarks seemed to indicate he wanted Bender in there more, also.

Who here wants to volunteer to call Rick tonight and ask what he has up his sleeves?

I know on previous shows he has talked his playoffs with the Pistons and how he had to adjust because there was nobody on Orlando that Corliss could guard, so he doesn't see himself as inflexible.......

TheSauceMaster
05-13-2004, 02:55 PM
Personally

I would try Kenny Anderson instead of AJ , I don't think he can play any worse , but I dunno if he can play any better to be honest.

I like the Idea of Putting Bender on Odom but that could easily backfire but then again it might work.

I think Rick also rides with the Bench alittle too long when we clearly need our starters in the game.

Other than that these are just quick random thoughts , I would have to rewatch the games to give a better view.

Also I am not really a big bandwagon JB guy but I think he merits more than 6 mins a game this series.

ROCislandWarrior
05-13-2004, 03:15 PM
Personally

I would try Kenny Anderson instead of AJ , I don't think he can play any worse , but I dunno if he can play any better to be honest.

I agree 100%

I like the Idea of Putting Bender on Odom but that could easily backfire but then again it might work.

Please do something Rick, Foster can't guard him

I think Rick also rides with the Bench alittle too long when we clearly need our starters in the game.

I hate seeing AJ and Fred in the backcourt - It kills us everytime

Other than that these are just quick random thoughts , I would have to rewatch the games to give a better view.

Also I am not really a big bandwagon JB guy but I think he merits more than 6 mins a game this series.

amen to that, Give JB some minutes, no one else wants to play

Let me add some,

Al needs to pick his game up or Rick should cut his mins and give them to JB/Austin..6th man of the year???

We need someone to shoot the damn ball - JO and Ron rule the paint, but nobody wants to shoot it from the outside.

Al and JB's trade values are going down the drain in this series. We couldn't even trade the two of them for Fred Hoiberg let alone Tmac at the moment. (That was off-topic but I needed to say it)

Can we do something about this team giving up? I don't know how this team won 61 games this year by watching them give up in the 3rd Quarter.

I really hope that this team was extremely cocky and they went out partying the night before games 3 + 4. I hope they got all that "were #1 and are a lock for the ECF" beaten out of their heads by this Miami Heat TEAM.

thats what it comes down to, right now Miami is a team and the Pacers are just a bunch of good players wearing the same colored uniforms.